[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1396102478' post='8974237']
Sean, I would be careful about trying to make this place
too "nice". Many people, in their efforts to make society
a "nice" place end up enforcing a "tyranny of nice" on
others, just because, someone, somewhere might be
offended by what we say.

I'm not saying I believe this is what you want, I'm saying
I know where this can lead.

We all are judgmental whether we admit it or not.
[/quote]

That's why I started this thread in the form of a question Conrad. I didn't say what anyone should or should not do, I simply asked a question, as I was curious to what the membership thought.

I would never force my views on others, and I will continue to act the way I do, contrary to, or despite what others do or say.
[/quote]

Sean, I do not believe you would ever force your views
on others. That wasn't my point. Asking the question
"are we too judgmental?" is a safe way of saying your
opinion is that we are; and are curious if others agree.
No problem with that.

I know, by your own example, you would like to influence
others to be more courteous and slow to anger. That is
noble and the best way, I believe; by example.

What I don't want is for ownership to turn this place into
a sterile politically correct place where everyone has to
be "nice" and not be "too judgmental"; because the
members become too PC, get all wee wee'd up and look
for an offense under every rock.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that's changed since I signed up is that people tend to be more ready to drink the OEM koolaid, plus not so many rants about white belts, and people throwing other golf forums under the bus.

MP600
Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
Cleveland TA1 3-9
Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
Cleveland Classic 2

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1396141531' post='8977659']
[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1396140782' post='8977573']
[color=#800080]Peoples still make funs of me for some extra esses in my words i do nots always correct. They objectify women pretty heavily on here too , so it is nots welcoming to female members. Topics full of making fun of *fat chicks* , etc. I tried to ask why to moderators ands rules officials ands was told that rules are *subjective* ands each rules official will decide differently.[/color]

[color=#800080]There is a rule that no avatars offensive to women are allowed. Being a girl , i reported a few ands was told by a guy they were nots. How a guy knows what offends me or women ... He saids i coulds message the poster to change it. So , it became my *job* to moderate their *rules* . I thinks that is the big issue on here. Some rules are enforced by only some Moderators. Others are let go , because they decide to let them go , evens against their own rules.[/color]

[color=#800080]Topics get outs of hand , they lock thems. Some other topic gets outs of hands , they leave them open. Jerks will be jerks , but it does nots help that there is a lack of consistency in their *Rules* , which are supposed to be enforced all the time. At least that is what makes sense to me.[/color]

[color=#800080]In less thans a year , i haves seen this website go froms *family friendly* to juvenile ands stuffs quickly.[/color]
[/quote]

Goobers,

Let us not paint our brush strokes too broadly. I too have witnessed examples of objectionable behavior, but would not say that it is the norm in these Forums. Not all men are 'pigs' who objectify women.

I do value your contributions to these Forums; like I value those of all informed golfers (male or female).
[/quote]

[color=#800080]That painting was nots directed at all the male members on here. It is what is allowed that is against forum rules , but a different moderator will do something else. I was pointing outs the inconsistencies of rules on here. Why make rules at that point. However , i know women who will nots join here by what is allowed to be said abouts females. Which goes backs to rules that , well , point is made.[/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1396144554' post='8977921']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1396141531' post='8977659']
[color=#800080]Peoples still make funs of me for some extra esses in my words i do nots always correct. They objectify women pretty heavily on here too , so it is nots welcoming to female members. Topics full of making fun of *fat chicks* , etc. I tried to ask why to moderators ands rules officials ands was told that rules are *subjective* ands each rules official will decide differently.[/color]

[color=#800080]There is a rule that no avatars offensive to women are allowed. Being a girl , i reported a few ands was told by a guy they were nots. How a guy knows what offends me or women ... He saids i coulds message the poster to change it. So , it became my *job* to moderate their *rules* . I thinks that is the big issue on here. Some rules are enforced by only some Moderators. Others are let go , because they decide to let them go , evens against their own rules.[/color]

[color=#800080]Topics get outs of hand , they lock thems. Some other topic gets outs of hands , they leave them open. Jerks will be jerks , but it does nots help that there is a lack of consistency in their *Rules* , which are supposed to be enforced all the time. At least that is what makes sense to me.[/color]

[color=#800080]In less thans a year , i haves seen this website go froms *family friendly* to juvenile ands stuffs quickly.[/color]
[/quote]

Goobers,

Let us not paint our brush strokes too broadly. I too have witnessed examples of objectionable behavior, but would not say that it is the norm in these Forums. Not all men are 'pigs' who objectify women.

I do value your contributions to these Forums; like I value those of all informed golfers (male or female).
[/quote]

[color=#800080]That painting was nots directed at all the male members on here. It is what is allowed that is against forum rules , but a different moderator will do something else. I was pointing outs the inconsistencies of rules on here. Why make rules at that point. However , i know women who will nots join here by what is allowed to be said abouts females. Which goes backs to rules that , well , point is made.[/color]
[/quote]

Goobers, if it means anything to you, the men who talk
about women the most and sport pics of them in their
avatars are the ones least likely to have one.

A man with a good woman doesn't need to do all that
nor will engage in denigrating women.

[color=#800080]It is a topic that is personal for me ands i try nots to vent too much. I know girls who almost died trying to fit into *ideals* that websites allow. I will never change it , but i can points out that rape , eating disorders , drugs , ands more , can develop froms words nots given a second thought to. I haves seen it ands gone through it personally. My bones are bigger thans some models bodies. I hads to relearn. The *internet age* is great ands terrible. It does bother me that rules posted are violated ands allowed. Guys have it too , the false *ideals* , just different in some ways. It sucks.[/color]

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1396143399' post='8977845']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1396117157' post='8975363']
offended by what we say.

[/quote]

That's why I started this thread in the form of a question Conrad. I didn't say what anyone should or should not do, I simply asked a question, as I was curious to what the membership thought.

I would never force my views on others, and I will continue to act the way I do, contrary to, or despite what others do or say.
[/quote]

No problem with that.

[/quote]

Please Conrad I do NOT like politically correct!! Ugh.

It's one thing to "offend" someone (suck it up). It's another to be an a-hole. There is a distinction. :-)

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1396149462' post='8978341']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1396143399' post='8977845']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1396117157' post='8975363']
offended by what we say.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No problem with that.

[/quote]

Please Conrad I do NOT like politically correct!! Ugh.

It's one thing to "offend" someone (suck it up). It's another to be an a-hole. There is a distinction. :-)
[/quote]

Ha! Glad to hear that. I think we are on the same page. I just
don't like even putting a tippy toe on that slippery slope.

Funny, just the other day I was reading a thread and the Indian/
Arrow comment was used by a poster. This has been going on
for what; decades?! There appeared someone who found that
use offensive and the thread changed. One person!

It's just vernacular. It's not meant as an insult to anyone. Doubt
if anyone is actually thinking of an Indian when they say it. They're
more concerned with swinging a golf club. But someone was
offended and wants the saying eradicated.

Next, farmers will be insulted if we say "he has a tough row to hoe".
Most people don't even say it right; using the word "road" instead
of "row". "Hoe", of course, not to be confused with "ho", as many
on here will admit to being and not being "offended".

It's late and I'm rambling. Cheers!

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1396116378' post='8975289']
[quote name='cb24' timestamp='1396099453' post='8974071']
This thread is about 10 years too late, lol. Should have been posted as a sticky the day this website was created:)

But lets be honest it's what keeps the posts coming a lot of people love drama
[/quote]

CB, drama is overrated. :-)
[/quote]

Haha I agree. But then TMZ is a success and obviously we are in the minority

New guy: "Hey all, I'm new here and have a question about a Speeder 757 in a ....."

Next 3 posts: "DO A SEARCH NOOB there are 50 million threads on this"

New guy: "Oh...sorry."

....new guy searches, finds a cool thread, and posts in it. Unfortunately it's from 2008.

Next post: "holy gravedig"

....how does the noobie win? This site cycles posts so fast, I go out of town for two days for work and have 43 pages of new posts to read. There is a LOT of repetition, I've been here awhile and still can't keep up! People need to deal with it better.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

[url="http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/sports-story/1356066-rippers-here-to-stay/"]http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/sports-story/1356066-rippers-here-to-stay/[/url]

[color=#800080]The problem is everybody coulds be offended by somethings. That story is blah to me , but if my sister was a prostitute who was abused or killed , i coulds see the other side.[/color]

[color=#800080]I am nots a fan of the slavery history in this country , but at the same times , i am nots apologizing for being caucasion ands because their ancestors were slaves. My ancestors were somewhat involved in Italian *organized crime* , but i take *mobster* movies ands shows for what they are. The Sopranos caused some controversy in New Jersey. [/color]

[color=#800080]Yet , some will make it my problems. At least Oprah is off television. No offense to housewives who loved her talk show.[/color]

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1396134616' post='8976977']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1396122499' post='8975879']
Isn't asking if people are becoming judgemental, judgemental in its own right?
[/quote]

You could look at it that way. But I didn't ask that. I asked if people were becoming [b]too[/b] judgmental. :-)

ps: we make judgments everyday: for example, whether we like a certain kind of food; is our boss a a good guy; does this golf ball work for me; and the like. Again, I am referring to being too judgmental.
[/quote]

There was a guy who once asked the question about what your definition of is, is. Too judgmental is relative to the person.

I could rephrase and offer the question of isn't asking people if they are too judgmental, too judgmental? It's still the same. And while I'm being tongue in cheek, your response is too judgmental.

Think I'm out of this thread before I get judged for being too mental.

[quote name='cb24' timestamp='1396157633' post='8978899']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1396116378' post='8975289']
[quote name='cb24' timestamp='1396099453' post='8974071']
This thread is about 10 years too late, lol. Should have been posted as a sticky the day this website was created:)

But lets be honest it's what keeps the posts coming a lot of people love drama
[/quote]

CB, drama is overrated. :-)
[/quote]

Haha I agree. But then TMZ is a success and obviously we are in the minority
[/quote]

That's not drama! That's Jerry Springer on steroids. :-)

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1396158052' post='8978909']
[url="http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/sports-story/1356066-rippers-here-to-stay/"]http://www.londoncom...s-here-to-stay/[/url]

[color=#800080]The problem is everybody coulds be offended by somethings. That story is blah to me , but if my sister was a prostitute who was abused or killed , i coulds see the other side.[/color]

[color=#800080]I am nots a fan of the slavery history in this country , but at the same times , i am nots apologizing for being caucasion ands because their ancestors were slaves. My ancestors were somewhat involved in Italian *organized crime* , but i take *mobster* movies ands shows for what they are. The Sopranos caused some controversy in New Jersey. [/color]

[color=#800080]Yet , some will make it my problems. At least Oprah is off television. No offense to housewives who loved her talk show.[/color]
[/quote]

The problem is many people take being "offended" to the nth degree. For example, I've read that the majority of Native Americans don't find the Washington Redskins name offensive, but people who aren't even NA's do. But I digress.

The point here is isn't about that, but about getting all up in people's faces, as opposed to judging in let's say a more hospitable manner. :-)

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1396160798' post='8979001']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1396134616' post='8976977']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1396122499' post='8975879']
Isn't asking if people are becoming judgemental, judgemental in its own right?
[/quote]

You could look at it that way. But I didn't ask that. I asked if people were becoming [b]too[/b] judgmental. :-)

ps: we make judgments everyday: for example, whether we like a certain kind of food; is our boss a a good guy; does this golf ball work for me; and the like. Again, I am referring to being too judgmental.
[/quote]

There was a guy who once asked the question about what your definition of is, is. Too judgmental is relative to the person.

I could rephrase and offer the question of isn't asking people if they are too judgmental, too judgmental? It's still the same. And while I'm being tongue in cheek, your response is too judgmental.

Think I'm out of this thread before I get judged for being too mental.
[/quote]

Dave, we could have a semantical field day, and mire ourselves in the minutiae of the "exact" meaning of the term. However, given the inexact nature of communication, especially in written form...we would go mental. :-)

[/quote]

For almost the past year I have read and occasionally posted on this site and I have seen that you have a wide knowledge of the game and your posts are constructive.

On a site that is probably 98% men there is sure to be some things said that some women or men will find offensive. I think that overall the forum here is much more mature respectful then other forums I am part of. I think the moderators here do a great job.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1396134315' post='8976953']
[quote name='MelloYello' timestamp='1396120975' post='8975685']
I'm pretty sure that the biggest problem lies in the fact that people on the internet are generally bad writers and ill-equipped with the necessary skills to define what they intend to express.

Across the internet, It's becoming easier and easier to spot the smarter folks, those who are level-headed and can express effectively what they mean to say without being too harsh or disrespectful. They aren't judgmental. They aren't condescending. They aren't too short. They are too long. They're able to disagree without being confrontational and offensive. Hence, they also seem to take criticism quite well in that they separate ideas from self-worth.

I think that's the product of being both A) a little older and more experienced in life (I'm thinking above 21 yrs old) and B) having some respectable amount of intelligence.
[/quote]

You raise a valid point. I had a professor in college once tell us that clear writing indicates clear thinking. :-)
[/quote]

Sean, your topic is valid outside the bounds of GolfWRX as it speaks to the nature of internet forums in general. I've been a part of several regarding various hobbies (golf, guitar, football fan-dom, etc.) and it seems the more removed people are from whatever it is they're discussing, the more opinionated and disagreeable they are.

In football forums for example, where people are completely removed from the teams they're following, opinions dominate and thus very little factual information is ever present to decide the superior case. Debates become contentious arguments quite readily. The forum I quit was one that became so much about bickering that it felt like you had to defend in an extensive back-and-forth every post you made. I realized soon enough that A) I could post until I was blue in the face and no one was going to change sides and B) I was generally arguing with the same people who I noticed were very cynical and quick to insult. Ultimately I was embarrassed about the time I was wasting and the respect I was giving out to people who were simply looking for a fight.

Music is surprisingly similar. Although it usually offers some peace or emotional release to the listener, it's something that is very subjective and thus music-oriented forums typically base themselves largely on what's "cool" with that particular group of posters. Disagreements between individuals are decided only in the fact that the "mob mentality" takes over and we see individual forums become devoted to a "club" mentality which promotes and denigrates various bands, styles, musicians, etc. While I noticed that the football forum was populated by a majority of people who seemed to lack a real sense of intelligence, I saw the problem with music forums mainly as a reflection of the posters' age. When you're trying to have an intellectual discussion with a 17-year old kid, you look pretty dumb!

Here, there seems to be a bit of a reprieve from those things. As I said before, I believe some of that can be attributed to the fact that this forum is not entirely populated by youngters but at the same time we all actually play golf so when we discuss it we at least have experience from which to speak. People in a football forum by comparison are not speaking from experience. They are arguing about what they saw on TV!

The problem appears to be that the majority of people are just not accustomed to delivering their work in a defensible fashion. People are not used to having their ideas questioned or their methods investigated. I'm really nothing less than embarrassed when I turn on my TV and watch some of what's being sold as "news" or "debate."

I'm currently working through my PhD in structural engineering, so while I'm certainly no smarter than anyone else, I'm of the opinion that ideas are only part of the product you sell, with the other side of the coin being the delivery and defense of those ideas. The nature of what I do has me developing my ideas rigorously so if need be I can defend them to myself (let alone other people) in an effort to answer my bigger question. If you cannot defend what you think, then what you think dies or goes on to get stolen by someone else. But moreover, if you can't question your ideas, then you must believe 100% that what you think is right, an incredibly dangerous assumption.

Thoreau has a wonderful quote I used about failing to work through and express our ideas and subsequently having to 'embarrassingly take our own ideas from the mouths of others.' That's correct but I think it needs to amended to reinforce the notion I presented above that says, 'hey, if you're ideas aren't flexible, they're dead.'

TSR3 (Dr) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2 (3w / 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-P) (Nippon Modus3)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

[quote][color=#282828]Funny, just the other day I was reading a thread and the Indian/[/color]
[color=#282828]Arrow comment was used by a poster. This has been going on[/color]
[color=#282828]for what; decades?! There appeared someone who found that[/color]
[color=#282828]use offensive and the thread changed. One person![/color][/quote]

how do you know it was one person? there could have been complaints to mods without posting...

"Please accept my resignation.
I don’t care to belong to any club that
will have me as a member".

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1396135442' post='8977043']
[quote name='Ruddy' timestamp='1396133072' post='8976853']
If people are different from me, they deserve to be made fun of! ;-)

Why can't we be friends ? Why can't we be friends ? You know I'd like to be the President ....so I can show you how your money's spent. Why can't we be friends ?
[/quote]

Ruddy, we don't have to all be friends...that is probably a tad unrealistic anyway...however, we can endeavor to engage in polite, respectful, reasoned, and rational, discourse, with some teasing thrown in to keep things light. :-)
[/quote]
I guess you're not a fan of "War". You know, "LowRider", "Sisco Kid", etc. Just keeping it lite.

Driver: TaylorMade M1 9.5* Fujikura Pro60 S
4W: Cobra BioCell+ 16* Project X 6.0
Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail Baffler 19*, 22* Tour AD S
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 5i-PW, Shafts: XP105 R300
Wedges: Titleist SM5 50*,56*, 60*
Putter: Oddessey Tank Versa #7

[quote name='xan_user' timestamp='1396197067' post='8980435']
[quote][color=#282828]Funny, just the other day I was reading a thread and the Indian/[/color]
[color=#282828]Arrow comment was used by a poster. This has been going on[/color]
[color=#282828]for what; decades?! There appeared someone who found that[/color]
[color=#282828]use offensive and the thread changed. One person![/color][/quote]

how do you know it was one person? there could have been complaints to mods without posting...
[/quote]

That is certainly possible. That analogy is used on here a lot.

It's part of the golf vernacular. It's used in relation to the golf
swing and the golf club. I don't think I've seen it used as an
insult to someone's heritage.

I have a card in my wallet identifying me as a member of the
Cherokee Nation. My degree of Indian blood is small, 1/16,
but it is part of my heritage. I never put myself out there as a
"Native American" because I don't think 1/16 is sufficient for
that.

Nevertheless, the small amount of Cherokee blood in me is
a source of pride. I have no interest in insulting anyone in the
Native American community.

I just don't think it's helpful if people claim insult where, clearly,
one wasn't intended. As someone wise once said; we try to strain
out a gnat and then swallow a camel. People eventually realize
they're only making themselves miserable while others go
along their merry way.

Life...as they say, is a bowl of cherries. Pick the good ones and
leave the rest.

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1396157723' post='8978903']
New guy: "Hey all, I'm new here and have a question about a Speeder 757 in a ....."

Next 3 posts: "DO A SEARCH NOOB there are 50 million threads on this"

New guy: "Oh...sorry."

....new guy searches, finds a cool thread, and posts in it. Unfortunately it's from 2008.

Next post: "holy gravedig"

....how does the noobie win? This site cycles posts so fast, I go out of town for two days for work and have 43 pages of new posts to read. There is a LOT of repetition, I've been here awhile and still can't keep up! People need to deal with it better.
[/quote]

It was definitely harder to get answers/replies as a newbie, but once you've been here a little while and have read/learned a bit more it gets better. I've never been afraid to make a new thread for a specific question I have or just something I'm thinking about doing or whatever else so it been mostly good experience for me here, they don't all get replies and answers but that just how it goes and there's always gonna be those people that give the stupid answers, just gotta ignore them. I've probably made more threads in my first year then some people have in 5 years lol :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote]
It was definitely harder to get answers/replies as a newbie, but once you've been here a little while and have read/learned a bit more it gets better. I've never been afraid to make a new thread for a specific question I have or just something I'm thinking about doing or whatever else so it been mostly good experience for me here, they don't all get replies and answers but that just how it goes and there's always gonna be those people that give the stupid answers, just gotta ignore them. I've probably made more threads in my first year then some people have in 5 years lol :)
[/quote]

I'm somewhat new here and a few of threads took a little while for someone to reapond, but once one member broke the ice more people seem to chime in. It's part of being new on a site. Happens basically everywhere. People want to see a person is serious and is creditable. Not just someone coming in here to waste someone's time.

^^^ Golfwrx has always had a double standard when it comes how threads are responded to. People with low post counts are treated differently or ignored outright. I doubt the monster thread " The line you knew you were on Golfwrx" would even exist if a member with a small postcount shwang had started it.

I remember a similar (and much funnier IMO) thread started by a newbie a few years ago. That thread lasted maybe a few weeks and got as many negative off topic responses as anything. If MtL Jeff or Sean2 had started the exact same thread the response and overall tone of the thread would have been much different. ( Thread was titled "things I learned on Golfwrx" or something like that)

Similarly the type of responses to a thread are directly related to the OP's stated handicap. Anybody over about a 10 handicap can expect more critcism and lecturing than helpful answers.

Q. Joe (2 handicap)- anyone like the GD ADDI 6x ?
A. Yes its a smooth low spin bomber shaft....

Q. Bob (11) - anyone like the GD ADDI 6X?
A. You ignorant prideful poser , why would an 11 even consider an expensive X flex. Take some lessons , until you can actually hit the center of the face , your R flex stock shaft isn't the problem.

Golfwrx is no more judgemental now than it was 5 years ago. The instruction forum is the same poorly moderated gong show its always been, general golf talk discussions are no more heated than in the past .

The biggest change I've seen lately is the unrealistic expectation by some of the rabid brand fanboys that nothing less than glowingly positive remarks are acceptable anymore. Where once you could actually discuss things, make an innocuous statement such as "$500 is too expensive for a driver", "that orange color is ugly", that "swoop or racing stripes have gotta go" and you'll either be brandished as a troll or a negative hater.

Bag Setup - changes too often to bother listing

[quote name='bdoody42' timestamp='1396218542' post='8982333']
[quote]
[/quote]

I'm somewhat new here and a few of threads took a little while for someone to reapond, but once one member broke the ice more people seem to chime in. It's part of being new on a site. Happens basically everywhere. People want to see a person is serious and is creditable. Not just someone coming in here to waste someone's time.
[/quote]

I've noticed that as well, I often try to jump in and post in threads started by newbies when they've only got 1,2 or 3 replies so far because it really does seem to help to start the flow of information for some reason. I'm not the most knowledgeable WRXer out there by any means but I try to help when I can. Just like people did for me when I first started, I just wish I knew more so I could help out more :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1396222520' post='8982747']
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I've noticed that as well, I often try to jump in and post in threads started by newbies when they've only got 1,2 or 3 replies so far because it really does seem to help to start the flow of information for some reason. I'm not the most knowledgeable WRXer out there by any means but I try to help when I can. Just like people did for me when I first started, I just wish I knew more so I could help out more :)
[/quote]

This may sound ridiculous, but I still remember the member who decided to click the 'like' button on one of my early posts. It was nice to think that someone shared a similar brand of twisted humour. Thank you kjervin : )

I just wish I would have joined the community sooner, as I lurked for nearly 5 years.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm a horrible golfer but love the game and try to help people anytime I can. I am also not the most knowledgable. I'm here to have fun, learn some things, Nd hopefully help some other guys out.

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1396223275' post='8982825']
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This may sound ridiculous, but I still remember the member who decided to click the 'like' button on one of my early posts. It was nice to think that someone shared a similar brand of twisted humour. Thank you kjervin : )

I just wish I would have joined the community sooner, as I lurked for nearly 5 years.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if you've noticed or not PD, but we've been in a post "Drag Race" the past couple of weeks haha.
I think I've got ya by a couple right now ;)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1396224055' post='8982903']
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not sure if you've noticed or not PD, but we've been in a post "Drag Race" the past couple of weeks haha.
[/quote]

Pigems,

slow and steady my friend. Look at the post count of long time members. The gent who started this thread just topped 15k posts and MtlJeff has nearly 4K likes. To reach those heights requires serious dedication. I'm just a two-bit player in this never ending round of golf banter. I hope that I have the fortitude to stay active.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1396224869' post='8982969']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1396224055' post='8982903']
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pigems,

slow and steady my friend. Look at the post count of long time members. The gent who started this thread just topped 15k posts and MtlJeff has nearly 4K likes. To reach those heights requires serious dedication. I'm just a two-bit player in this never ending round of golf banter. I hope that I have the fortitude to stay active.
[/quote]

So if I'm understanding you correctly, because I just want to be sure here. Your saying the first one to 2000 owes the other a beer? And it's gotta be a Keiths haha ;)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

"So if I'm understanding you correctly, because I just want to be sure here. Your saying the first one to 2000 owes the other a beer? And it's gotta be a Keiths haha ;)"

How about this: I'm not much of a beer drinker (as I prefer whiskey, bourbon, and scotch) but I'll buy you a drink if you pay for the round ; )

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*