2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

LIVE UPDATES: The $5000 TaylorMade SLDR Guarantee Event! Before/After Results Added!

[size=3]Still just can't believe what has happened in the past few days, and still riding a high with so much fun and experience to take in. Here is my run down of the Sawgrass experience.[/size]

[size=3][b]Thursday[/b]: I got in and got picked up from the airport and taken to the hotel. Got checked in and unloaded and peeked around the hotel a bit, the Marriot is a very nice setup and has lots going on. At the time, only three of us were there and after meeting Bryan (NTKT10) we called up Rob (Hipcheck) and decided to go meet him on the Sawgrass range. Caught the shuttle over there, and was in pretty much awe the entire time on the grounds. We grabbed some range balls and met up with Rob down on the range eventually and talked shop for a while and then started to hit some balls. The wind was pretty strong so it was a struggle to get anything not to boomerang back to you but, after such a horrible winter I couldn't complain to actually be out in the sun. After a while on the range Jeff (jashton88) met up with us and joined in. After a while on the range, we went back to the hotel to meet up with the other two who had arrived later Nick(tembolo) and Rob (prorobo) and get ready for dinner. We all met up at the bar and had some dranks and got to know each other a bit more before Aaron our club fitter scrounged us up and took us to dinner. Dinner was very good and after that we hit up a cigar bar and then headed back to the hotel and sat out on the deck for a while before we called it a night.[/size]

[size=3][b]Friday: [/b] The alarm came pretty quick, but the excitement overrode being tired. We met in the lobby and hopped on the shuttle to Sawgrass and met up with Aaron and Rob Rigg (T M metal wood manager) and got the lowdown on the pro academy shop which is just insane and unbelievable to see. After the tour we got some breakfast and began hitting balls to warm up and then started to do the fitting. [/size]
[size=3][u][b]My fitting experience:[/b][/u] I was coming into it having never been fitted to this degree, so I was excited to see how it went. It just so happens that I just put the G15 together so I hadn't had all that much experience with it. Also I have been struggling with my driver swing for almost a year now, and I predominantly use my 3deep because I hit that much better and straighter. I am a pretty high spin guy due to swing "mechanics" and driver lately has been crazy because I was cutting across the face and adding to all the spin and it just goes nowhere but a very weak right bleeder. So my numbers with my Ping are what they are, but they aren't 100% indicative of if I was hitting it actually well but its what its been for a while now. So start with my Ping, and its pretty intimidating being on camera lol and having that many people around and swinging…but oh well. I hit my Ping the way I have been hitting driver for a while (not the best) and its the same crappy results I have been having so beside being nervous I was also pretty embarrassed because it looks awful. So Aaron builds me SLDR #1 with a Stiff AD BB and I take some hacks with it, and its immediately straighter and longer. After a few with that, he takes that out adjusts the head and hands me a white oban and I hit it…..one shot and he says give me that back….haha. Next he gives me a black tie Matrix and I hit some with that and again, its noticeably straighter and longer and he asks me how it feels. He takes it back, and installs the Speeder and I hit it. From the first swing I connected with it was pretty evident this was the set up. It was deep, straight and I was very comfortable and confident in it and it was so exciting to be actually able to hit a driver again and hit it like I used to. After a few swings, he just says with a grin you're going to need to fill out a W9 (form if we won over 600). We wrapped it up and that was my stick…..it ended up lofting down from the Ping 10.5 to a 9* Sldr 430 that is clicked down to an 8.5 and at 44.5 inches. Went in the shop with my specs and watched my baby get built from the ground up. It was really cool to see it being assembled and put together. During my fitting we didn't have the Trackman yet so I had to go again after lunch for the official numbers….which gave me time to get more used to my new club and in a short period of time I was hitting it so well and was ready to attack the numbers session. After doing it again, it worked out to being +27 yards longer…and much straighter and more confident. Now again, my results were a little different because I have been struggling with driver for a little while and I knew that the Ping wasnt the best fit combined with the swing......but when I was handed the SLDR and fit, while using the same swing that produced heinous results with the Ping.....the SLDR stepped up and blew things away. Part was due to being fit, but alot was the club itself. Its a very hot face, and the ball jumps off and goes. Its forgiving and gives you help on the swings where you hit it a bit low, or off center and really keeps you in play. Its just a total package in what guys like us would ever want. [/size]

[size=3]After we wrapped up the fittings, we were getting ready to head over to Ponte Vedra Golf Club to play a round before Aaron asked us a question……"Hey would you guys mind if we passed on Ponte Vedra and we play the Stadium Course?" Everybody started to geek out, because it didn't work out to where we could play TPC so we got set up at Ponte Vedra…..What an experience playing that course. Having it set up with the infrastructure all assembled was just wild…..and eventually when you were coming down the 16 fairway and it opened up into that corridor on 16 and 17…..it was amazing. Even dead empty, you could just feel the buzz, excitement and electricity as if it were Sunday at the players and packed with thousands of loud fans. The course was just amazing and for being the first round I played due to horrible weather, I was just amazed. I played pretty well and ended up getting 3 birdies so that got me pumped up. Even though we were all laboring and pretty beat from probably hitting the most balls in one day any of us has….it didn't matter, we were out on freaking Sawgrass. Just a surreal day. We ended the day eating with Aaron the club fitter and Rob the T M guy at an amazing fish restaurant and we aggressively attacked every single thing that they had….was insane. We rolled out of dinner around 1130 and went back to the place we went the night before….and from there on, good times had by ALL and exact details shall stay unspoken lol….but randomly, we got to hang out with Jonas Blixt there for a bit so that was pretty cool too. We literally just missed the shuttles last pickup by………3 hours so we had to hoof it back to the hotel. When I set my alarm when we got back to the room, I had about 3 hours to sleep before I had to get up at 7 lol. [/size]

[size=3][b]Saturday: [/b]I got up and packed up and headed down to meet the guys in the lobby for 730. We were a few men down, so the guys who came down we decided to forgo breakfast and head back to TPC and get our bag tags we got for playing it engraved and then spend our gift cards at the proshop. After a bit there we headed back to the hotel to round up the rest of the guys and head to the course. We got to the ocean course, and it was a great course and was a very nice setup. We teed off and grinded our way through being sore….tired….and not feeling well but we still had a great time and a lot of fun. The course was really nice, and the greens were insane…they were fast and ridiculously undulated and had some sinister pin placements. After the round we were dying to eat something so we hit the grill and ate and then it was time to start parting ways for a few so we wrapped up and got back to the Marriot and then began our treks home. [/size]

[size=3][u]UNBELIEVABLE [/u]experience and it still feels like it didn't happen, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to partake in such an amazing event. It went by in the blink of an eye and we had a blast every single second. Everybody I met from the site and TM were top notch and I really look forward to keepign in contact and having them as new friends. [/size]

[size=3]Personally, I was never so much a hater but I just got tired with the marketing campaign and the same old claims that everything was longer and better than the next yada yada…but even with that I always knew T M had great equipment, but it just wasn't my thing so I never really bothered with their stuff after I tried and didn't like the R9 460. Afterwards, I am 100% a believer in not only being fit but in the SLDR and its performance and now will be adding TM stuff to the top of the search when I need new clubs. Now I totally understand that going from a self fit club, to being fit for anything professionally…..even a Warrior driver will aid in performance and results. But the SLDR itself is [b]l[/b][u][b]egit[/b][/u], and you can clearly see by all the results across this challenge that it backs up its claims, no matter how many "data analysts" want to dispute or try and find fault with the results. If you want to split hairs and try and find some inaccuracy in the "data" by all means be my guest.....but seeing is believing. Watching the guys all hit it and all hit it visibly further than their current drivers speaks for itself. For me personally, the SLDR 430 is a great head because it knocks a lot of spin down for me…..and that has been a downfall for me. While it still isn't a magic stick to cure your worst swings (because those don't exist) it is a serious top of the line driver, that gives you all you would want. Distance, forgiveness (430 was surprisingly forgiving!) and feel…Simply put I was blown away and my driver until it evaporates will be this SLDR. You won't see me go on a all Taylormade posting rampage in every thread and forum like some people post trips have……but simply put their stuff is top of the line and coming from a guy who never really bothered, their stuff is 100% truth. While in the end it may not be right for everybody every single time, you would be doing yourself a serious disservice to not pick up and swing the SLDR and alot of their other stuff they have out now, or things that just may or may not :) be coming out in the future. [/size]

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='smp220' timestamp='1396755079' post='9029929']
My Recap of Dallas:

So I had a whole 2.5 hr flight to decompress and replay the weekend in my head while watching The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I could write for awhile if I go through the event sequentually, so I'll stick to the important details: My gamer, My SLDR and the takeaway.

Gamer: I was fit at Novogolf in Tappan, NY about 10 months ago on a Trackman by an awesome fitter/builder, William Cho. I fit into a Ping G25 with a Diamana B-series 50-x. I did not keep good track of my numbers as I really wanted to focus on the feeling of shaft and club and what my shots looked like. I was launching about 13* w/ around 2300 rpm spin with about a 103 SS with an average total around 270. High launching softly falling right drives ensued and I was extremly happy with my set-up.

SLDR: So if you didn't hear, it was windy in Dallas. About 30 mph steady directly in our grills. Not ideal, but very beneficial to see the exagerated ballflights. I was not happy with how I was swinging, but dug out enough solid hits for a good comparison.

My Gamer numbers: 13* Launch 2500 rpm spin 272 Total

After trying Aldila Blue and a Matrix shaft, I settled on an Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65g 5 flex. I was handed a 9.5 head that was increased to 10. It actually appears that I may have LOFTED DOWN!!! (More to come about this). With virtually identical Average SS and Ball Speeds, my launch got up to 14 and spin down to 1800. Saw an average distance gain of 11 yards. Taylormade delivered on their guarantee and I even had a big boy poke over 300 in the launch monitor (meaning there is actual proof). Smiles on my face, cash in my pocket (Goodbye amateur status, for now) and a little wind/sun burn to go with the new wand.

Takeaway: This was a Taylormade marketing event and was awesome. The crew was top notch all around. Tom Kroll from Taylormade has one of the greatest jobs on the planet and is not shy about passing that vibe on to whoever is around him. I got caught up in the whirlwind of it and was not as particular about my fitting as I should have been. In my defense, I was last to go, felt rushed and had trouble making consistent contact. I was promised more distance from Taylormade and they delivered. On course, however I struggled with slight pulls and pull cuts. I was staring at the issue and it took me a day and a half to realize what it was. Increasing loft = closing the face. I don't like closed faces. Somehow by attributing the majority of my misses to just bad swings I lost sight of how I was struggling to get used to the look. The shape, colors, and face depth are all to my liking, but something (closed head) was off and my poor play distracted me from seeing it. I will try some more testing to see if I will get used to it, but I have a feeling a 10.5 or 12 head is in the future for me. Bottomline, pay attention to all aspects of your clubfittings, be as particular as you can and Taylrmade is a first rate operation with real golfers running the show. It was an incredibly memorable weekend and I am especially thankful towards Golfwrx, and their representative Ben Jackson.

My review of Cowboys Golf Club, written by a NY Giants Fan will come soon.
[/quote]

Awesome write up!! How do you like the kiyoshi gold so far? I've been thinking about giving this shaft a go. From one giants fan to another I can't wait to read about your review of cowboys golf club. Also, did you see they booed jerry jones last night during the Florida uconn game. I loves it!

TM R9 460 TP 10.5* Matrix TP7HD X
                TM R9 TP 15* Motore F1 S
                TM TP 19* & 22* Rescue VooDoo S
                TM TP 2009 5-PW Project X 6.0
                WITB Link
                Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant 34"
                TM TP '09 54 & 58

[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1396790937' post='9031139']
I am surprised that we still cannot believe that the guys are posting true numbers, and while I am sure they were wowed by the trip the numbers are speaking for themselves. Why can't we just be happy for the folks that attended, and allow them to post honest reviews in their time? I will say I have not found my right SLDR combo, but when, if the white one shows up; I may just have to try.
[/quote]

You will want the Silver/Black version over the white if that ever happens and I say this because coming from White myself, the black face against the White contrast head (which I love) really makes the face stand out and even more if it that head looks good to you looking down at it.

I have put my time in trying to find a combo that would be as good if not better then my R11s (distance and control) and for me, my frame of mind was not right. You need to think a bit outside the box when self fitting the SLDR as you cannot go about like you have in the past or you will struggle to find a really good fit.

I wish I could make a suggest for ya based on your current set up, but it's hard without know more about your game. I will suggest to not be afraid of a shaft that might launch higher then your Kai'Li and trying a 12 degree 460 head and then the 430 head if your spin is to high.

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1396793789' post='9031345']
I am surprised that we still cannot believe that the guys are posting true numbers, and while I am sure they were wowed by the trip the numbers are speaking for themselves. Why can't we just be happy for the folks that attended, and allow them to post honest reviews in their time? I will say I have not found my right SLDR combo, but when, if the white one shows up; I may just have to try.
[/quote]

You will want the Silver/Black version over the white if that ever happens and I say this because coming from White myself, the black face against the White contrast head (which I love) really makes the face stand out and even more if it that head looks good to you looking down at it.

I have put my time in trying to find a combo that would be as good if not better then my R11s (distance and control) and for me, my frame of mind was not right. You need to think a bit outside the box when self fitting the SLDR as you cannot go about like you have in the past or you will struggle to find a really good fit.

I wish I could make a suggest for ya based on your current set up, but it's hard without know more about your game. I will suggest to not be afraid of a shaft that might launch higher then your Kai'Li and trying a 12 degree 460 head and then the 430 head if your spin is to high.
[/quote]

Bob, what setup did you end up with? I remember you weren't getting along with the SLDR initially, did they get it to work for you? Sorry if this has already been posted, this thread escalated quickly :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1396793954' post='9031351']
[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1396793789' post='9031345']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bob, what setup did you end up with? I remember you weren't getting along with the SLDR initially, did they get it to work for you? Sorry if this has already been posted, this thread escalated quickly :)
[/quote]

I will get to my post soon....quickly though....12 degree...yes 12 degree 430 White Tie 5X3 S 45"

This awesome. I just got a SLDR 460 12'. I cant wait for all this snow to melt!!

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Here are some pics of my SLDR MiniDriver. Give one a demo, they are very versatile and a lot of fun to play with. I hit a bunch of great shots with it and it's definately in the bag!

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Great write ups fellas. This thread has convinced me that I need to go back to the drawing board regarding my self fitted SLDR as I am just not getting the numbers I am looking for. I personally still don't think that a higher loft can produce lower spin as my 9.5 with Ahina 70x is producing around 14* launch with a -1 AOA and I can't get my spin numbers below 2800-3000.......I have a hard time believing that by using a different shaft and going up in loft will result in better numbers as the Ahina is pretty low spin/launch. What is frustrating is that I have had other combos in the past that have produced around 2000-2200 spin rates......finally coming to the realization that the SLDR is much more difficult to self fit than past drivers.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

Here is a Jet Speed tour issue 3 wood. I believe they are available for purchase from the TaylorMade Vault. If your looking for a proper 3 wood these are great! They look and play a lot like the old Burner TP's

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1396799466' post='9031809']
Here are some pics of my SLDR MiniDriver. Give one a demo, they are very versatile and a lot of fun to play with. I hit a bunch of great shots with it and it's definately in the bag!
[/quote]

Hey Zach did you get a chance to try the mini off the deck?

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1396800586' post='9031893']
Here is a Jet Speed tour issue 3 wood. I believe they are available for purchase from the TaylorMade Vault. If your looking for a proper 3 wood these are great. The look and play a lot like the old Burner TP's
[/quote]

Is it higher launch and spin than the SLDR 3 Wood?

[quote name='jwo' timestamp='1396801123' post='9031923']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes several times. The first time I hit it I knocked it up on par 5 in 2 from 270! It is surprisingly easy to hit off the deck even though it may not look like it.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1396801500' post='9031959']
[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1396800586' post='9031893']
Here is a Jet Speed tour issue 3 wood. I believe they are available for purchase from the TaylorMade Vault. If your looking for a proper 3 wood these are great. The look and play a lot like the old Burner TP's
[/quote]

Is it higher launch and spin than the SLDR 3 Wood?
[/quote]
I haven't tested it on a flight scope, but my eye tells me yes it is.

SLDR MiniDriver - SLDR 460 comparison pics

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1396785872' post='9030841']
I was properly fit at my home master fitter and he actually had as many if not more shafts to try than TM had. I was definitely put into a Callaway that was ideal for me. I gained only 9.8 yards average... That is the difference between 1 degree higher launch and 250 rpm less spin. The first 7-8 shafts i tried at the kingdom were no better than what I had (literally within .9 yards) until I found 2 that were a much much better fit in that head for me.

To summarize: I was properly fit into the Callaway with as many shaft options as you can imagine and the SLDR still beat it. I play to a +2 to +4 handicap and I am a club junkie and very particular about what my clubs need to do. Believe me I asked all the tough questions and got no smoke and mirror answers. Being the tinkerer that I am I will surely eventually get back on trackman and put them up to the test side by side once again and probably tweak the Callaway a hair. After yesterday though I can tell you the SLDR is easier to hit different shots with for me. Draws and leaking fades don't get away from me with SLDR at all.
[/quote]

Austin, first and foremost my apologies if I said anything to offend you. Like the other lucky bastards who went on trips before you, I am extremely happy for everyone here. I enjoy living vicariously through each and everyone of you. Second, you sir are an absolute BEAST. For you to be both a + 2 handicap and bomb 330+ yards drives is extremely impressive.

I digress... I believe being properly fit like you are, is the exception NOT the norm. I'll be the first to admit that right now, I too am not properly fit. I've been going off numbers from my previous fitting due the fact that I don't golf as much as I used to (wife and kids). I don't recall your actual numbers and distance gains so I'm going to use smp220 for my example (his write up is on this page making it easier). I would expect numbers like that of smp220 for those who have been properly fit.

He had "[color=#0000ff][i]virtually identical Average SS and Ball Speeds[/i][/color]". He gained his extra 11 yards by increasing launch by 1 degree (13 to 14) and reducing spin by 700 RPM (from 2500 to 1800). That too me makes perfect sense. He properly fitted gamer, PING G25 with Diamana B-Series 50x had allowed him to already MAX out both his SS and Ball Speed. The only thing remaining was finding the proper driver that would give him the best launch angle and spin. He found that with the SLDR.

For those who claim to have been properly fit and all the sudden see huge gains in SS and/or Ball Speed, I would question how well their previous fitting really was. I'm 34 going on 35. There is no way my "inner Barry Bonds" is going to appear and I'm going to gain an extra 7-10 MPH in SS (which might equate to 10.5 - 15 MPH in Ball Speed). In addition, as many have stated, the COR on drivers has been maxed out for years at 0.830. Therefore, there is no logically way for dramatic SS and/or Ball Speed increases unless someone was improperly fitted to begin with. Moving onto launch angle and spin. I think this is a personal preference kind of thing. Some like their ball low and running and other like it to fly high and land soft. Regardless of one's preference, I agree TM "holy grail" numbers of 17-1700 make senses if you are going for pure distance. I don't know if that changes due to conditions (into the wind or with the wind and soft, medium, or firm).

Dispersion/offline is extremely important too. I don't recall everyone's numbers but some had huge differences (-14 to -47) and others not so much (-1 to -3). How this is important FACT is omitted is beyond me.

Hope that all makes sense. I'm truly happy for all you guys and look forward to picking your brain as you get more time with your new SLDR Drivers.

I haven't read through all 25 pages yet so spare me the flames for asking, but is there a release date for the SLDR mini?

D- Ping G30 9*
F- Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 17*
H- Titleist 915H 18*
I- Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW
W- Titleist SM5 50*F/54*F/58*M
P- Scotty Cameron X5 Dual Balance
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/977470-piper26s-bag-of-bogey-sticks/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1396801838' post='9031977']
[quote name='jwo' timestamp='1396801123' post='9031923']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes several times. The first time I hit it I knocked it up on par 5 in 2 from 270! It is surprisingly easy to hit off the deck even though it may not look like it.
[/quote]

Very nice to hear as I have always been partial to smaller drivers. I have followed this entire thread and maybe I missed it but is the mini coming to retail? and with what shaft? Thanks

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

[quote name='evanseze' timestamp='1396799912' post='9031851']
Great write ups fellas. This thread has convinced me that I need to go back to the drawing board regarding my self fitted SLDR as I am just not getting the numbers I am looking for. I personally still don't think that a higher loft can produce lower spin as my 9.5 with Ahina 70x is producing around 14* launch with a -1 AOA and I can't get my spin numbers below 2800-3000.......I have a hard time believing that by using a different shaft and going up in loft will result in better numbers as the Ahina is pretty low spin/launch. What is frustrating is that I have had other combos in the past that have produced around 2000-2200 spin rates......finally coming to the realization that the SLDR is much more difficult to self fit than past drivers.
[/quote]

Evanseze, not a chance in the world did i think that I could ever produce spin numbers equal to my current set up if I went up in loft and to a lighter shaft, as both add spin and loft really does.

If you look at my numbers you will see equal spin and LA lower with a 12 degree head over a 9 degree head. Stat wise, these numbers are a bit confusing to the naked eye, because 8 out 10 times I would launch the SLDR higher then my R11s or vise versa, 9 out 10 times my highest launching R11s might be close to the SLDR, so I have no clue how the numbers turned up this way. Also, super surprised at the Decent Angle being that low as to my eye it was higher based on my past Trackman Fittings.

Like I mentioned above, self fitters will struggle because they are not thinking outside the box and instead trying to go with combos that have worked for them in the past. You cannot go this route. You need to "Loft Up" and look at "Shafting Down" (look at a higher LA then the Ahina) as a better starting point and not be pig headed about it like I was. Think about some of those past shaft that you liked but had to move away from because of to much spin, but loved the feel. Put that into a 10.5 430 and test, then maybe the 12 degree and see what happens.

[quote name='Dave Feldman' timestamp='1396808498' post='9032495']
[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1396803258' post='9032075']
SLDR MiniDriver SLDR 460 comparison pics
[/quote]Looks great. Looking forward to giving one a try.
[/quote]
Yup. I'll let my wallet decide for me. Aint easy being 19 and Taylormade releasing cool clubs every 3 months.

TM M2 9.5*- Matrix Studio tipped 0.5' X
TM RBZ 2 12.5* - Kuro Kage X
TM TP MC 2 iron bent to 16* - KBS Tour X
TM TP MB 3-PW - KBS Tour X
TM TP 54, 58 - KBS Tour
SC California Monterey
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/918863-mrcools-first-witb/page__p__7979983#entry7979983"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='mrcool3101' timestamp='1396809754' post='9032605'][quote name='Dave Feldman' timestamp='1396808498' post='9032495']
[/quote]
Yup. I'll let my wallet decide for me. Aint easy being 19 and Taylormade releasing cool clubs every 3 months.[/quote]

Tons of sympathy from me, being only a year older. I suggest waiting til the end of the year for the price to go way down. That's what I do. Got a brand new rbz stage 2 for under $150 and will game that until SLDR prices drop

[quote name='AspiringScratch' timestamp='1396810294' post='9032637'][quote name='mrcool3101' timestamp='1396809754' post='9032605'][quote name='Dave Feldman' timestamp='1396808498' post='9032495']
[/quote]
Yup. I'll let my wallet decide for me. Aint easy being 19 and Taylormade releasing cool clubs every 3 months.[/quote]

Tons of sympathy from me, being only a year older. I suggest waiting til the end of the year for the price to go way down. That's what I do. Got a brand new rbz stage 2 for under $150 and will game that until SLDR prices drop[/quote]
Tom Fisher said the SLDR will remain their main stream for a while longer when I asked him about their 12 releases in 2 years (jokingly of course)

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1396811162' post='9032691'][quote name='AspiringScratch' timestamp='1396810294' post='9032637'][quote name='mrcool3101' timestamp='1396809754' post='9032605'][quote name='Dave Feldman' timestamp='1396808498' post='9032495']
[/quote]

Tons of sympathy from me, being only a year older. I suggest waiting til the end of the year for the price to go way down. That's what I do. Got a brand new rbz stage 2 for under $150 and will game that until SLDR prices drop[/quote]
Tom Fisher said the SLDR will remain their main stream for a while longer when I asked him about their 12 releases in 2 years (jokingly of course)[/quote]

So what, a while longer for them is 6 months in your opinion?

Joking aside, no big deal for me. Hitting the rbz straight and long with my kiyoshi black. They can take all the time they want, another driver option will just lead to me being indecisive.