2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Why the american doesn't play on the european tour ????????

[quote name='cdnglf' timestamp='1404227424' post='9615741'][quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404222945' post='9615067']
Not yet…..sounds like he will/wants to at some point. Victor hasn't won anything of substance anyway I'd hardly call him a star.

My point is all of the guys that are stars on your European team play their golf on the PGA tour. I don't understand the argument here, do you guys actually think the European tour is as good as the PGA tour?
[/quote]

Most weeks of the year, no. But there are some weeks when its tournaments about the same and a few when its better. And of course, the four biggest weeks in golf don't belong to either tour (but are recognized by both).

Equating it with the web.com (as some in this thread have done) is ignorance or trolling.[/quote]

I haven't equated it to the web.com tour. It's a step above that I think that's obvious.

Facts are facts and the stars that are European play their golf on the PGA tour because it's the best in every way shape or form.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='johnnypro' timestamp='1404227144' post='9615685'][sub][size=5]One reason might be that 90% of the guys on the PGA Tour are goobers who feel very uncomfortable away from places where they can't have barbeque and where there are tons of museums and cultural landmarks the average American has no interest in visiting.[/size][/sub]

[sub][size=5]And don't knock French women. At the least their average weight isn't 247 pounds.[/size][/sub][/quote]

Guys should be interested in landmarks in the cities they chose to play in?? How dense can you be to think that guys play in tournaments for any other reasons then purse size and how well they fit the specific course. This is a business it's not a vacation. Sour European grapes all over this thread hopefully none of them make into a bottle of wine over there.

Well let's chill out guys.

I would like just that more american player can at least play 2 tournamanents in europe, 2 out of 20, it's not a big deal, is it ?

so far the european team ( Ryder cup ) has won twice in a row, I wonder why, wouldn't be suprised if they win again this fall :) . Besides it will be held at gleaneagles, so avantage european team :)

We'll see in septemeber.

And please stop saying that french women are fat, this is off topic and I guess that there is more women with weight issue in the united states than in France......

[quote name='CMBaviator_FR' timestamp='1404222714' post='9615037']
[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404222365' post='9614995']
[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1404222046' post='9614957']
[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404221510' post='9614895']
[quote name='andef' timestamp='1404167293' post='9610941']
On the European Tour, just like on the PGA Tour, non-members are only exempt if they are in the top 50. Outside of that, they will need a sponsor's invite. Unless an American player has obvious ties with a sponsor, it doesn't make sense to extend an invite to a guy like Russell Henley (if he was planning on playing a tournament in Europe, that is) when a local amateur can benefit from the tournament experience before he turns pro. That is the reason why low profile US players don't play on the European Tour even if they wanted to.
In the top 50, there are multiple guys who hold both PGA Tour and European Tour cards and those who don't play a few tournaments on the European Tour when there are sufficient financial reasons to do so. Think of Phil playing in Abu Dhabi or in the Scottish Open back when it was sponsored by Barclays.

Why did Kaymer play in the BMW International Open last week? Because it was in his home country. Why did Justin Rose play at Congressional? He had no attachment to the tournament in Germany and prize money was 3/4 times greater at the Quicken Loans National.

Some guys on here will insist that it has to do with the quality of the golf courses, which couldn't be further from the truth. The US has a plethora of great golf courses, just as Europe does in smaller amounts. In Europe there is a much greater variety in course design and many of these are outside the comfort zone of US players who are used to parkland courses. In the end it's about comfort and earning potential. American players can earn much more on a weekly basis on the PGA Tour and have a better chance of doing so consistently on courses they are familiar with.

If you don't like this explanation. I can go with the classless route just as our good old patrick421 did earlier in this threat. Europe has better food, prettier cities and more attractive females. Our fast food chains are limited to McDonalds and Burger King. Can you imagine a guy like Stadler surviving more than a week without a visit to Taco Bell, Wendy's or the like? Life is better in Europe and it's hard to accept it when one is used to mediocrity. It's hard to fit in in a place where one doesn't belong.
And before all the proud Americans start attacking me, I'm not taking about the life of the every day Joe. I'm referring to the life of luxury people who earn 1-2M$ on a yearly basis can afford. About the guy who doesn't care about the economy tanking or the high level of unemployment, who can travel wherever he wants whenever he wants, eat in the most exclusive restaurants and so on.
[/quote]

A threat? Surely that is some kind error perhaps lost in translation.

Bottom line is the PGA tour is the best tour in the world, playing anything else other then the big money tournaments or perhaps tournaments in their home countries is a waste of time. [b]The euro tour is the minors, it's a feeder league for the big tour[/b], as stated earlier it isn't the place anyone would choose if given the option. Talking about fast food, social classes, and quality of life being better in Europe are typical ignorant comments european people use that don't like americans.

I've lived in multiple countries in Europe and there are fat people, dumb people, rude people, nice people, poor people, and rich people just like the United States.
[/quote]

that minor, feeder league tour sure does kick our a** every 2 years.....quite a misguided comment but carry on
[/quote]

It's anything but misguided. Is the Ryder Cup the euro tour vs the pga tour? All of the european stars that comprise that team play the majority of their golf on the pga tour. For someone who is obsessed with following both tours and making your previews for each event you'd figure that was obvious. Can you name me a top player in the world that chooses to play more of his events on the european tour vs the pga tour? Carry on.
[/quote]

yeap the French Man Victor Dubuisson, 21 in WR, he said that he's not yet willing to play 100% on the PGA Tour so far
[/quote]

Dubuisson? Gary Player? Peter Thompson? Ballesteros? Jiminez? It's generally understood that as far as lifestyle quality on the tour, the European tour is better. There is more camaraderie. Too much money ruins anything. Americans are obsessed with "who is the best?"; "who is the strongest?"; etc. It is interesting, but in the long run we are all dead... Amazing as it seems, one day such questions that vex Americans just won't matter anymore... They vexed the Romans and the Greeks, too. If you want to live life you'd rather watch, caddy, play, work for the European tour. It is so much more civilized over there. They have cool sponsors and knowledeable fans. They also have a life not constrained by silly American obsessions... As Herve Kempf says, The Rich Are Destroying the Planet... something like that explains the American tour's popularity, it's greatness and it's evil underside.

If the European tour was the fastest way to the PGA tour then I think there would be much more american players on it, but i dont beleive it is. Also, if it was the cheapest way to get on the PGA tour there would be more. Any money won will have foreign taxes due as well as us taxes. Few, if any, American players have a goal of playing on the European tour. Playing a few tourneys as a curiosity, yes, but there is no incentive for Americans to play on it.

[quote name='CMBaviator_FR' timestamp='1404153013' post='9609037']
[quote name='ABgolfer2' timestamp='1404152925' post='9609033']
[quote name='CMBaviator_FR' timestamp='1404152809' post='9609019']
Well, I didn't mean that all the american tour player need to play every european tour tournament, MC Ilroy Poulter, Justin Rose and so on and forth play on the PGA tour and aswell on the european tour.

because on the european tour, you play in SA, Dubai, European continent, ASIA, so you play in different conditions, so european tour players know how to score in such conditions, whereas on the USA, you have always the same conditions and courses are more " target golf".

it'd be no surprise if the european team wins the Ryder cup this year :)

Just my opinion, glad to hear that Craig stadler will play the France Open this week

CMB
[/quote]

Good for him, but he's not likely going to be a threat to your Ryder Cup chances this time around.
[/quote]

yeap, but at least he did an effort trying to play on the euopean continent....Let's see if he does better than Bubba :)
[/quote]

Kevin?

MP600
Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
Cleveland TA1 3-9
Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
Cleveland Classic 2

[quote name='CMBaviator_FR' timestamp='1404152809' post='9609019']
Well, I didn't mean that all the american tour player need to play every european tour tournament, MC Ilroy Poulter, Justin Rose and so on and forth play on the PGA tour and aswell on the european tour.

because on the european tour, you play in SA, Dubai, European continent, ASIA, so you play in different conditions, so european tour players know how to score in such conditions, whereas on the USA, you have always the same conditions and courses are more " target golf".

it'd be no surprise if the european team wins the Ryder cup this year :)

Just my opinion, glad to hear that Craig stadler will play the France Open this week

CMB
[/quote]
Bump for stadlers play this week.

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @_aaron_wilson

• 1 month later...

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404140662' post='9607555']

Cheesy? I think it's funny. If the guy is gonna throw pot shots at American guys in broken English I can certainly return the favor. Worry about your 11k posts and I'll worry about mine.
[/quote]

Or maybe you could try to not continue proving the stereotype of our countrymen. Thanks in advance.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

• 8 months later...