2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Why the american doesn't play on the european tour ????????

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404137947' post='9607215']
Vos femmes ont bras velu fosses.
[/quote]

Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ban::ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size] :ban:[size=4] [/size]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1404222046' post='9614957']
[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404221510' post='9614895']
[quote name='andef' timestamp='1404167293' post='9610941']
On the European Tour, just like on the PGA Tour, non-members are only exempt if they are in the top 50. Outside of that, they will need a sponsor's invite. Unless an American player has obvious ties with a sponsor, it doesn't make sense to extend an invite to a guy like Russell Henley (if he was planning on playing a tournament in Europe, that is) when a local amateur can benefit from the tournament experience before he turns pro. That is the reason why low profile US players don't play on the European Tour even if they wanted to.
In the top 50, there are multiple guys who hold both PGA Tour and European Tour cards and those who don't play a few tournaments on the European Tour when there are sufficient financial reasons to do so. Think of Phil playing in Abu Dhabi or in the Scottish Open back when it was sponsored by Barclays.

Why did Kaymer play in the BMW International Open last week? Because it was in his home country. Why did Justin Rose play at Congressional? He had no attachment to the tournament in Germany and prize money was 3/4 times greater at the Quicken Loans National.

Some guys on here will insist that it has to do with the quality of the golf courses, which couldn't be further from the truth. The US has a plethora of great golf courses, just as Europe does in smaller amounts. In Europe there is a much greater variety in course design and many of these are outside the comfort zone of US players who are used to parkland courses. In the end it's about comfort and earning potential. American players can earn much more on a weekly basis on the PGA Tour and have a better chance of doing so consistently on courses they are familiar with.

If you don't like this explanation. I can go with the classless route just as our good old patrick421 did earlier in this threat. Europe has better food, prettier cities and more attractive females. Our fast food chains are limited to McDonalds and Burger King. Can you imagine a guy like Stadler surviving more than a week without a visit to Taco Bell, Wendy's or the like? Life is better in Europe and it's hard to accept it when one is used to mediocrity. It's hard to fit in in a place where one doesn't belong.
And before all the proud Americans start attacking me, I'm not taking about the life of the every day Joe. I'm referring to the life of luxury people who earn 1-2M$ on a yearly basis can afford. About the guy who doesn't care about the economy tanking or the high level of unemployment, who can travel wherever he wants whenever he wants, eat in the most exclusive restaurants and so on.
[/quote]

A threat? Surely that is some kind error perhaps lost in translation.

Bottom line is the PGA tour is the best tour in the world, playing anything else other then the big money tournaments or perhaps tournaments in their home countries is a waste of time. [b]The euro tour is the minors, it's a feeder league for the big tour[/b], as stated earlier it isn't the place anyone would choose if given the option. Talking about fast food, social classes, and quality of life being better in Europe are typical ignorant comments european people use that don't like americans.

I've lived in multiple countries in Europe and there are fat people, dumb people, rude people, nice people, poor people, and rich people just like the United States.
[/quote]

that minor, feeder league tour sure does kick our a** every 2 years.....quite a misguided comment but carry on
[/quote]

It's anything but misguided. Is the Ryder Cup the euro tour vs the pga tour? All of the european stars that comprise that team play the majority of their golf on the pga tour. For someone who is obsessed with following both tours and making your previews for each event you'd figure that was obvious. Can you name me a top player in the world that chooses to play more of his events on the european tour vs the pga tour? Carry on.

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404222365' post='9614995']
On the European Tour, just like on the PGA Tour, non-members are only exempt if they are in the top 50. Outside of that, they will need a sponsor's invite. Unless an American player has obvious ties with a sponsor, it doesn't make sense to extend an invite to a guy like Russell Henley (if he was planning on playing a tournament in Europe, that is) when a local amateur can benefit from the tournament experience before he turns pro. That is the reason why low profile US players don't play on the European Tour even if they wanted to.
In the top 50, there are multiple guys who hold both PGA Tour and European Tour cards and those who don't play a few tournaments on the European Tour when there are sufficient financial reasons to do so. Think of Phil playing in Abu Dhabi or in the Scottish Open back when it was sponsored by Barclays.

Why did Kaymer play in the BMW International Open last week? Because it was in his home country. Why did Justin Rose play at Congressional? He had no attachment to the tournament in Germany and prize money was 3/4 times greater at the Quicken Loans National.

Some guys on here will insist that it has to do with the quality of the golf courses, which couldn't be further from the truth. The US has a plethora of great golf courses, just as Europe does in smaller amounts. In Europe there is a much greater variety in course design and many of these are outside the comfort zone of US players who are used to parkland courses. In the end it's about comfort and earning potential. American players can earn much more on a weekly basis on the PGA Tour and have a better chance of doing so consistently on courses they are familiar with.

If you don't like this explanation. I can go with the classless route just as our good old patrick421 did earlier in this threat. Europe has better food, prettier cities and more attractive females. Our fast food chains are limited to McDonalds and Burger King. Can you imagine a guy like Stadler surviving more than a week without a visit to Taco Bell, Wendy's or the like? Life is better in Europe and it's hard to accept it when one is used to mediocrity. It's hard to fit in in a place where one doesn't belong.
And before all the proud Americans start attacking me, I'm not taking about the life of the every day Joe. I'm referring to the life of luxury people who earn 1-2M$ on a yearly basis can afford. About the guy who doesn't care about the economy tanking or the high level of unemployment, who can travel wherever he wants whenever he wants, eat in the most exclusive restaurants and so on.
[/quote]

Bottom line is the PGA tour is the best tour in the world, playing anything else other then the big money tournaments or perhaps tournaments in their home countries is a waste of time. [b]The euro tour is the minors, it's a feeder league for the big tour[/b], as stated earlier it isn't the place anyone would choose if given the option. Talking about fast food, social classes, and quality of life being better in Europe are typical ignorant comments european people use that don't like americans.

I've lived in multiple countries in Europe and there are fat people, dumb people, rude people, nice people, poor people, and rich people just like the United States.
[/quote]

that minor, feeder league tour sure does kick our a** every 2 years.....quite a misguided comment but carry on
[/quote]

It's anything but misguided. Is the Ryder Cup the euro tour vs the pga tour? All of the european stars that comprise that team play the majority of their golf on the pga tour. For someone who is obsessed with following both tours and making your previews for each event you'd figure that was obvious. Can you name me a top player in the world that chooses to play more of his events on the european tour vs the pga tour? Carry on.
[/quote]

yeap the French Man Victor Dubuisson, 21 in WR, he said that he's not yet willing to play 100% on the PGA Tour so far

[quote name='CMBaviator_FR' timestamp='1404222714' post='9615037']
[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404222365' post='9614995']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeap the French Man Victor Dubuisson, 21 in WR, he said that he's not yet willing to play 100% on the PGA Tour so far
[/quote]

Not yet…..sounds like he will/wants to at some point. Victor hasn't won anything of substance anyway I'd hardly call him a star.

My point is all of the guys that are stars on your European team play their golf on the PGA tour. I don't understand the argument here, do you guys actually think the European tour is as good as the PGA tour?

I don't criticize the PGA TOUR but the american players not willing to go abroad to test new kind of courses, weather...., I don't mean that they have to play every tournaments, but the american (stars) can play at least 3 tournaments in europe, it will be great for us european.

Sometimes I'm shocked when I heard that an american golf star ( TW for example ) has been paid over 1M dollars in order to play in a european event, looks like you guys thinks that Europe is S**T compared to the USA :

The European tour is probably one level up from the web.com. In the same way as younger US pros can't afford to compete in Europe, not every European can afford to turn up in the US and play your satellite tours. It's nice to see that almost all of the international players will support their home opens and the bigger ET events even when they are playing on the PGa Tour.

I don't think anyone is denying that the strongest fields are in the US during the summer months. What some of us are saying is that for varying reasons we prefer watching the ET over the PGA tour - be it the variety of courses, the players, patriotism or whatever. I personally would like to see a global tour one day that takes the WGC concept, but make it properly global with the top 125 in the world teeing it up at Royal Melbourne, Mission Hills In China, Valderama, Thracian Cliffs etc. Now that the PGA tour is no longer the preserve of mainly American golfers with the odd superstar lime Norman, you can make the case that the best players in the world should be traveling more to grow the game globally.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='CMBaviator_FR' timestamp='1404223719' post='9615165']
I don't criticize the PGA TOUR but the american players not willing to go abroad to test new kind of courses, weather...., I don't mean that they have to play every tournaments, but the american (stars) can play at least 3 tournaments in europe, it will be great for us european.

Sometimes I'm shocked when I heard that an american golf star ( TW for example ) has been paid over 1M dollars in order to play in a european event, looks like you guys thinks that Europe is S**T compared to the USA :
[/quote]

I don't see anyone saying that Europe or the European tour is Sh*t. Find me the person and the comment where that was said. I think the consensus is that the European tour is the second best tour in the world far from sh*t as you put it.

I think you see some of the top american players going over to play guys like Dufner and Kuchar will go and play events. It's hard to travel all over the continent and play golf and with the money and simple travel in the states it hardly seems worth it for most guys. Feels like we are going in circles here. I think some of the European guys that post on this site are a little sensitive and protective of golf in Europe.

[quote name='Bingo1976' timestamp='1404224008' post='9615199']
The European tour is probably one level up from the web.com. In the same way as younger US pros can't afford to compete in Europe, not every European can afford to turn up in the US and play your satellite tours. It's nice to see that almost all of the international players will support their home opens and the bigger ET events even when they are playing on the PGa Tour.

I don't think anyone is denying that the strongest fields are in the US during the summer months. What some of us are saying is that for varying reasons we prefer watching the ET over the PGA tour - be it the variety of courses, the players, patriotism or whatever. I personally would like to see a global tour one day that takes the WGC concept, but make it properly global with the top 125 in the world teeing it up at Royal Melbourne, Mission Hills In China, Valderama, Thracian Cliffs etc. Now that the PGA tour is no longer the preserve of mainly American golfers with the odd superstar lime Norman, you can make the case that the best players in the world should be traveling more to grow the game globally.
[/quote]

I agree PGA T and ET in 1 will be perfect, as tournament will be held all over the world

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404224275' post='9615233']

[/quote]

I don't see anyone saying that Europe or the European tour is Sh*t. Find me the person and the comment where that was said. I think the consensus is that the European tour is the second best tour in the world far from sh*t as you put it.

I think you see some of the top american players going over to play guys like Dufner and Kuchar will go and play events. It's hard to travel all over the continent and play golf and with the money and simple travel in the states it hardly seems worth it for most guys. Feels like we are going in circles here. I think some of the [b]European guys that post on this site are a little sensitive and protective of golf in Europe[/b].
[/quote]

What a coincidence, I think the same thing about some American posters and golf in the USA!

[quote name='imakaveli' timestamp='1404224720' post='9615305']

[/quote]

I think you see some of the top american players going over to play guys like Dufner and Kuchar will go and play events. It's hard to travel all over the continent and play golf and with the money and simple travel in the states it hardly seems worth it for most guys. Feels like we are going in circles here. I think some of the [b]European guys that post on this site are a little sensitive and protective of golf in Europe[/b].
[/quote]

What a coincidence, I think the same thing about some American posters and golf in the USA!
[/quote]

he digs his own ditch doesn't he? quite amusing

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, this is an american based site and there are clearly more american people on it so you have a larger sample size to pick and choose the detractors. You don't have a European web site that even comes close to touching this one as far as quality and information. I don't think there is anything to protect in the usa from a golf fans perspective though. 3 of the 4 majors are in the usa and the best tour in the world is based out of the usa. The best european players in the world choose to live and play in the here. Those sound like the reasons to get sensitive if you are european not the other way around. Like the little brother always fighting for attention and trying to be noticed.

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404225404' post='9615413']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, this is an american based site and there are clearly more american people on it so you have a larger sample size to pick and choose the detractors. You don't have a European web site that even comes close to touching this one as far as quality and information. I don't think there is anything to protect in the usa from a golf fans perspective though. 3 of the 4 majors are in the usa and the best tour in the world is based out of the usa. The best european players in the world choose to live and play in the here. Those sound like the reasons to get sensitive if you are european not the other way around. Like the little brother always fighting for attention and trying to be noticed.
[/quote]

This pretty much confirms what I just wrote before, you should come and play abroad more often, it will surprise you the outside world looks like ;)

[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1404225314' post='9615403']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like a guy who has no answers. You figure out how the Ryder cup works yet? You think the european tour is going to beat the pga tour in september?

[quote name='imakaveli' timestamp='1404225553' post='9615439']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This pretty much confirms what I just wrote before, you should come and play abroad more often, it will surprise you the outside world looks like ;)
[/quote]

I played pro sports in europe for several years and also played in the world championships in various countries. I've seen everything europe has to offer.

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404225741' post='9615463']
[quote name='imakaveli' timestamp='1404225553' post='9615439']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I played pro sports in europe for several years and also played in the world championships in various countries. I've seen everything europe has to offer.
[/quote]

You really sound like a very open minded person, if you think you have seen everything well, there is no point continuing this discussion then

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404225662' post='9615453']
Sounds like a guy who has no answers. You figure out how the Ryder cup works yet? You think the european tour is going to beat the pga tour in september?
[/quote]

I think we'd do pretty well if you took the top 10 just on euro tour money.

http://www.europeantour.com/rydercup/points/

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404225662' post='9615453']
[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1404225314' post='9615403']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

or i sound like a guy who doesn't have to answer to you at all. instead how about you figure what your blood pressure is and see if you can get that in order. you have an opinion and i have mine. i have zero to prove to you

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404226096' post='9615503']
You said I should I should get to europe and see for my self. I've seen most of the countries that definitely makes me close minded you are right.
[/quote]

Nope, I actually wrote that you should play here [i]more often[/i]. You replied you have seen everything Europe has to offer. I am good with this answer, no point continuing, ciao ciao

[sub][size=5]One reason might be that 90% of the guys on the PGA Tour are goobers who feel very uncomfortable away from places where they can't have barbeque and where there are tons of museums and cultural landmarks the average American has no interest in visiting.[/size][/sub]

[sub][size=5]And don't knock French women. At the least their average weight isn't 247 pounds.[/size][/sub]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

its not misguided...90%+ of the Euro Ryder Cup team plays the overwhelming majority of their golf on the PGA Tour.

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404226734' post='9615613']
I hope the pga tour beats the european tour in the ryder cup. I can't wait for kemau's over the top attention seeking preview thread on that one.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkNFwRp2dA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkNFwRp2dA[/url]

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1404222945' post='9615067']
Not yet…..sounds like he will/wants to at some point. Victor hasn't won anything of substance anyway I'd hardly call him a star.

My point is all of the guys that are stars on your European team play their golf on the PGA tour. I don't understand the argument here, do you guys actually think the European tour is as good as the PGA tour?
[/quote]

Most weeks of the year, no. But there are some weeks when its tournaments about the same and a few when its better. And of course, the four biggest weeks in golf don't belong to either tour (but are recognized by both).

Equating it with the web.com (as some in this thread have done) is ignorance or trolling.