2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

DO NOT SHIP UPS!

lunchbox573

FedEx Ground all the way for me. I absolutely loathe UPS, and I don't have much faith in the postal system, so I send everything golf related, domestically or to the US, via FedEx Ground. I have two conveniently located FedEx Kinkos near work and home, and I just print the labels off at home & drop them off to be shipped. Piece of Cake.

I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here. I refuse to support them, and I'll definitely turn down opportunities if UPS is the only option.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS w/Tensei Orange // Callaway Epic Flash 3W w/GD Tour AD IZ-7 // Adams Idea Pro a12 w/UST VTS //

Callaway X Forged 2018 5-PW w/PX Catalyst 100 // Callaway JAWS MD5 50* 54* 58* & Full Toe 64* w/PX Catalyst 80 // Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just emailed Callaway, Nike, Bridgestone and a few other companies this thread. They said they will stop using UPS in the future because of this situation. They wanted to thank you for warning them about damages to golf club shafts. They are looking for new was to ship all of their product like horseback or maybe birds. Yes birds. They will train other animals in the future. Thats all I have. Funs over.

Dude it happens with all companies UPS, Fedex, USPS. Thats what insurance is for. I get boxes and boxes everyday at my shop and I can honestly say UPS has never broke a club in 7 years. It happens. Sorry if you don't think this funny. I do well atleast I did when I typed it.

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

I just emailed Callaway, Nike, Bridgestone and a few other companies this thread. They said they will stop using UPS in the future because of this situation. They wanted to thank you for warning them about damages to golf club shafts. They are looking for new was to ship all of their product like horseback or maybe birds. Yes birds. They will train other animals in the future. Thats all I have. Funs over.

Dude it happens with all companies UPS, Fedex, USPS. Thats what insurance is for. I get boxes and boxes everyday at my shop and I can honestly say UPS has never broke a club in 7 years. It happens. Sorry if you don't think this funny. I do well atleast I did when I typed it.

hahahaha, I found it chuckle-worthy :)

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS w/Tensei Orange // Callaway Epic Flash 3W w/GD Tour AD IZ-7 // Adams Idea Pro a12 w/UST VTS //

Callaway X Forged 2018 5-PW w/PX Catalyst 100 // Callaway JAWS MD5 50* 54* 58* & Full Toe 64* w/PX Catalyst 80 // Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

The concept of buying insurance when shipping something is a joke to me. Isn't it a shipping company's job to make sure that the item you payed them to be delivered gets there safely. I'm not sure sure what the law is exactly but it seems that if something is damaged while in there custody they should be responsible for it. If that is not currently the law I'm sure it is only because of some good lobbying.

Just recieved word UPS cannot locate my Bettinardi BB6 which was going back to the Studio for a refinish. The only way I found out was when I called Bettinardi and they told me it was never arrived. Last place it was scanned was in New Jersey on 3/14. Customer service told me they would try there best to find it, but no luck yet. ALWAYS INSURE YOU PACKAGES.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to drag up an older thread, but...

I recently purchased (this month) an ISI-K lob wedge off eBay, shipped UPS. It was shipped in a triangular box. I came home to find the box snapped in half (right in the dead center of the box) with only one side of the triangle still attached. Needles to say the shaft was bent.

I've filed a claim with UPS and they seem to be processing it through now, although I haven't actually heard anything from them. None. No communication. I had to register with their site just to file the claim and you would think they would send an email to update their progress, nope.

Anyway I'm now interested in set of irons on eBay and the seller has UPS Ground as the shipper. I emailed and asked if it would be possible to ship FedEx instead. Anything shipped UPS is a no-go for me. Thankfully the seller said it wouldn't be a problem.

What can Brown do for me....absolutely F' nothing! I would ship my dog's poo to Brown's CEO for fear that he actually wouldn't receive it. :good:

kP.

Sellers should always insure the package for the full amount in case something happens. It is entirely the seller's responsibility until it is in your hands and you accept the condition it is. However, UPS, FedEx or USPS should be careful with your packages. I've found FedEx to be the best for me. Not only do they have the cheapest rates (always cheaper than UPS), they have great customer service. I've had to make a claim and had a check in three days. ALWAYS specify how much your items are worth. I know that this doesn't help the original poster but as a buyer you should insist that they insure it for the full amount.

I've always found that shipping with the triangular boxes, rather than rectangular ones, work best. They are stronger and much harder to bend.

+1 on the triangle boxes.

I ship with UPS all the time and always insure my package. If there is a problem, UPS picks up the bill and the buyer gets new clubs. What's not to like about that. You cover your back either way, and in the end, everybody is happy. Anybody who ships without insurance is gambling and is a cheap skate, why would you not buy insurance, it's like 3 bucks per hundred.

I ship with UPS all the time and always insure my package. If there is a problem, UPS picks up the bill and the buyer gets new clubs. What's not to like about that. You cover your back either way, and in the end, everybody is happy. Anybody who ships without insurance is gambling and is a cheap skate, why would you not buy insurance, it's like 3 bucks per hundred.

No disrespect but something tells me you have never gone through the fun and games of filing a claim with UPS. UPS's claims dept. is run like the insurance company from the John Grisham novel and Matt Damon movie The Rainmaker. Deny all claims for a year, settle with the 10% of people that don't give up after that time period.

Titleist 915 10.5
Callaway Epic, 15 degree 3 metal
Adams Idea Tech V4 18 Hybrid
Mizuno MP-54 4-PW Irons
Callaway MD 3, 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Scotty Cameron Kombi S, 34

No disrespect but something tells me you have never gone through the fun and games of filing a claim with UPS. UPS's claims dept. is run like the insurance company from the John Grisham novel and Matt Damon movie The Rainmaker. Deny all claims for a year, settle with the 10% of people that don't give up after that time period.

Sorry but I disagree, I had a new set of clubs last month that I purchased on the 'bay and they were delivered and someone in the neighborhood took the five finger discount on my clubs, UPS had a check to my seller in less than 5 days, next day he refunds my money. To the op, if you didn't get the $100 automatic insurance something is going on with your seller (he's the one that will receive it and should forward it on to you) Has anyone every tried to track a USPS priority package (ain't going to happen) at least with UPS you know where your package is, yes I have had products broken or lost but they have always taken care of me. I sold a blueboard to a member here on Jan 1 this year, shipped USPS priority mail on the second after 12 days he wants his money back as he has no package ( and I was making arrangements to refund) and on the 14th day he emails me and said "we good" package arrived, the tracking feature is a joke at best because package never showed anything except the little deal that lets you know postage has been paid but they have never received the package (that's BS) so UPS or FedEx are the only ways I will ship anything of value. EOR (end of rant)

USPS tracking is a joke. I've received stuff and the tracking still say something like "item received." But sometimes they are expensive - like $35 to ship a driver. I don't think so!

But the UPS insurance is a pain too. I sold a club, shipped it, sent buyer a tracking number. Club was not on porch the day of delivery and no neighbors had it. I pushed forward with the insurance claim, but had to go through the UPS Store where I shipped the club. Whoa, what an ordeal. The UPS people at the call center were good but the UPS Store people were anything but helpful. Absolutely no contact from them and after I dropped off documentation stating the value of the club (which was less than $100), I would get the run around when I called back. "Oh, we need documentation of the value of the club." Eventually I just gave up since I was only out $30. But I still use them from time to time because I refuse to pay 3x the amount to ship something like a golf club.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Sorry but I disagree, I had a new set of clubs last month that I purchased on the 'bay and they were delivered and someone in the neighborhood took the five finger discount on my clubs, UPS had a check to my seller in less than 5 days, next day he refunds my money. To the op, if you didn't get the $100 automatic insurance something is going on with your seller (he's the one that will receive it and should forward it on to you) Has anyone every tried to track a USPS priority package (ain't going to happen) at least with UPS you know where your package is, yes I have had products broken or lost but they have always taken care of me. I sold a blueboard to a member here on Jan 1 this year, shipped USPS priority mail on the second after 12 days he wants his money back as he has no package ( and I was making arrangements to refund) and on the 14th day he emails me and said "we good" package arrived, the tracking feature is a joke at best because package never showed anything except the little deal that lets you know postage has been paid but they have never received the package (that's BS) so UPS or FedEx are the only ways I will ship anything of value. EOR (end of rant)

Customer filed a claim with UPS, UPS settled the claim then cut a check then mailed the check, and the customer had it in less then 5 days? Not going to argue but I'm having a hard time with that one. All I'm saying is from my experiences with UPS filing and settling a claim is not as cut and dry as they (UPS) might have you believe.

Titleist 915 10.5
Callaway Epic, 15 degree 3 metal
Adams Idea Tech V4 18 Hybrid
Mizuno MP-54 4-PW Irons
Callaway MD 3, 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Scotty Cameron Kombi S, 34

I hate to state the obvious, but USPS does NOT offer "tracking." So don't complain that "delivery confirmation" or "signature confirmation" doesn't allow you to track the package. There IS a difference. If you really want tracking and it's important to know that your package was scanned at some warehouse in Des Moines at 4 am, then go with UPS or FedEx. But if you want your packages delivered safe and quickly, then go with USPS Priority Mail.

Just my opinion of course. ;)

Kevin

USPS tracking is a joke. I've received stuff and the tracking still say something like "item received." But sometimes they are expensive - like $35 to ship a driver. I don't think so!

But the UPS insurance is a pain too. I sold a club, shipped it, sent buyer a tracking number. Club was not on porch the day of delivery and no neighbors had it. I pushed forward with the insurance claim, but had to go through the UPS Store where I shipped the club. Whoa, what an ordeal. The UPS people at the call center were good but the UPS Store people were anything but helpful. Absolutely no contact from them and after I dropped off documentation stating the value of the club (which was less than $100), I would get the run around when I called back. "Oh, we need documentation of the value of the club." Eventually I just gave up since I was only out $30. But I still use them from time to time because I refuse to pay 3x the amount to ship something like a golf club.

Huh? I've shipped MANY things, all with USPS Priority Mail, and have NEVER paid $35 to ship a driver. Are you shipping overseas? It shouldn't be more than $20 including insurance and signature confirmation within the CONUS.. If you ship a driver valued at $400 from Tampa to Seattle, the costs are as follows:

Priority Mail = $8.70 at the post office for a 48" x 6" x 6" box at 2 pounds

Signature Confirmation = $2.35

Insurance = $5.70 for $400 coverage

Total = $16.75

It should be noted that if you purchase insurance online, delivery confirmation is included / free. I prefer signature confirmation because it protects me in the event a buyer tries to say he/she didn't get the item.

Kevin

Huh? I've shipped MANY things, all with USPS Priority Mail, and have NEVER paid $35 to ship a driver. Are you shipping overseas? It shouldn't be more than $20 including insurance and signature confirmation within the CONUS.. If you ship a driver valued at $400 from Tampa to Seattle, the costs are as follows:

Priority Mail = $8.70 at the post office for a 48" x 6" x 6" box at 2 pounds

Signature Confirmation = $2.35

Insurance = $5.70 for $400 coverage

Total = $16.75

It should be noted that if you purchase insurance online, delivery confirmation is included / free. I prefer signature confirmation because it protects me in the event a buyer tries to say he/she didn't get the item.

Kevin

I thought the same thing. I've shipped a decent amount of clubs with them. But the lady at the post office yesterday said otherwise. I was shipping a driver from NC to CA in a Titleist driver box (53x5x6 I think were the dimensions). She said that due to the dimensions, it would cost $35 and change for USPS Priority with delivery confirmation. Politely told her that was too much and shipped it UPS for $13. And the driver was not worth more than $100.

As far as USPS tracking goes, I consider delivery confirmation tracking because I know when it gets there. However when the status is not updated until 2 days AFTER the package was delivered, that is just not acceptable. I could care less if I see all the stops. But that is just me. (cool)

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M