2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

DO NOT SHIP UPS!

lunchbox573

Destroyed my HiBore XL
There is nothing for sale here. Just want everyone on WRX to know that UPS is nothing but money hungry pr*cks. I recently traded with a fellow member of the site. The club arrived in a box clearly marked CLEVELAND GOLF. But still the box was recieved beaten and creased like they could care less. The shaft was shattered about 6 inches below the grip. If you would like to see some pics of this let me know and I will show what you they mean by "Go Brown". Their work is nothing but s**t.

RazrFit Xtreme 8.5* 7M3 Black Tie X
Razr Hawk 15* Fuijkura 757 X
2009 X Forged 3-PW PX6.5
52*, 56*, 60* Forged C Grind PX 6.5
Metal-X Rossie 34.5"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similiar problem, the shaft was broken right below the grip and there was a hole in the box. UPS told me the box was not new and that I should request that the shipper use a new box, as if I had something to do the way in which it was shipped. When the UPS driver showed up to get the package, he explained to me how fragile golf clubs are and that they are easily broken, LOL. Long story short, UPS never paid - but I convinced the shipper to pay since he was warned by the UPS store about using an older box.

I once used UPS to ship my mountain bike back and forth to my sisters in Ashville NC. Got there fine, box in excellent shape. Shipped it back and 2 weeks later a box shows up on my doorstep, no signature, and it looked like it had been left on the tarmac in a driving rain and run over by a couple of cargo carts. $1600 worth of damage but I did have it insured thankfully. Never again!

but I convinced the shipper to pay since he was warned by the UPS store about using an older box.

I am not so sure I agree with that. You can always have the seller insure the package. If you don't request it or deny insurance then you are assuming the risk as a buyer.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

but I convinced the shipper to pay since he was warned by the UPS store about using an older box.

I am not so sure I agree with that. You can always have the seller insure the package. If you don't request it or deny insurance then you are assuming the risk as a buyer.

Armchair legal advice that is absolutely, 100% incorrect. As a seller, especially a business, you are required to delivered to the customer what they paid for, in the condition advertised. Until that merchandise is received by the customer and acknowledged to be as such, the seller assumes the liability. Period.

You think all of this is bad! Try getting the f'ers to ship to Canada. They bend you over and stick it to ya in both ends at once. I once had to pay 59$ brokerage, tax, grab, whatever for a 100$ item. I was more than pissed. Never again! i have turned down a few deals because they would only ship UPS. Not worth it al all.

Ping i25 PWR 65 10.5° or RBZ RIP70 10.5°
Ping Anser 4metal
TM R11 4hybrid
Ping g20 5-6, i15 7-gw, Tour S 56, 60
TM Spider Ghost
TW13's, Pentas, Clicgear 1, Frogger

You think all of this is bad! Try getting the f'ers to ship to Canada. They bend you over and stick it to ya in both ends at once. I once had to pay 59$ brokerage, tax, grab, whatever for a 100$ item. I was more than pissed. Never again! i have turned down a few deals because they would only ship UPS. Not worth it al all.

I shipped a Matrix shaft to Canada today. $8.78 for USPS Global Priority. Is there even another option? I was like "What? $8.78? Is that US Dollars?" ;)

Sellers should always insure the package for the full amount in case something happens. It is entirely the seller's responsibility until it is in your hands and you accept the condition it is. However, UPS, FedEx or USPS should be careful with your packages. I've found FedEx to be the best for me. Not only do they have the cheapest rates (always cheaper than UPS), they have great customer service. I've had to make a claim and had a check in three days. ALWAYS specify how much your items are worth. I know that this doesn't help the original poster but as a buyer you should insist that they insure it for the full amount.

I've always found that shipping with the triangular boxes, rather than rectangular ones, work best. They are stronger and much harder to bend.

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
TaylorMade M5 14* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
TaylorMade M5 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
Ping i500 4-UW Recoil 110 F4
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50.0, 54 ES & 58 ES Recoil 110 F4
Bettinardi Studio Stock 28

I shipped a Matrix shaft to Canada today. $8.78 for USPS Global Priority. Is there even another option? I was like "What? $8.78? Is that US Dollars?" ;)

True shipping international, there is no alternative to USPS. They don't have the best tracking (practically non-existant), but they are cheap, fast and mostly reliable. And get through all the red tape quick and painless for the most part.

In the US, FedEx Ground.

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
TaylorMade M5 14* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
TaylorMade M5 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
Ping i500 4-UW Recoil 110 F4
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50.0, 54 ES & 58 ES Recoil 110 F4
Bettinardi Studio Stock 28

True shipping international, there is no alternative to USPS. They don't have the best tracking (practically non-existant), but they are cheap, fast and mostly reliable. And get through all the red tape quick and painless for the most part.

In the US, FedEx Ground.

Agreed. USPS is cheap and service is good. There is no other option than USPS when shipping to Canada. I will not enter into a private US deal unless it is coming with USPS.

UPS is currently defending a class action law suit in Canada over their extremely high brokerage fees. $59 on $100 is not uncommon. It is nearing on extortion. I have one friend who has turned his back on his stuff rather than paid the randsom.

• TaylorMade SIM Max (12°, GD Tour AD IZ 6 S)
  • TBD - 7w
  • TaylorMade SIM Max2 4h (22°, Fuji Ventus Blue 6 R)
  • TaylorMade SIM Max2 5h (25°, Fuji Ventus Blue 6 R)
  • Titleist T300 (6-G, SteelFiber i110cw R)
  • Titleist SM9 (52°-12F, 58°-10S, Steelfiber i110cw R)
  • Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K (Double Wide Stoke Lab Red)
  • ProV1x

From US to Canada: use UPS Expedited / Worldwide Express option. Even if you still pay Canadian ;) duties, you avoid the brokerage fees (included). Ex.: for my Ping S58 irons set, I paid 50$ for UPS Expedited instead of 30-39$ (standard). No brokerage fees (but still paid 90$ for Canadian :blink: duties). Just ask for it (same with FedEx).

But if the USPS Global Express Mail is available: my 1st choice :cheesy:

I've been meaning to post my recent experience with the post office, and I figure this is a good thread to share it in. Let me say first that prior to last week I've had nothing but good experiences sending clubs with either UPS or USPS until this last week.

Last week, I sent a putter to a fellow WRXer in a brand new USPS Priority box. I'll try to insert the pictures to show what the box looked like after 2 days when it arrived at the buyer's house:

Yes, that's the shaft peeking through in the second picture! The package only traveled between neighboring states. I don't even want to imagine what it would have looked like after a cross-country or international trip. :)

Fortunately--for both of us--the putter arrived undamaged. I think these pics show that a little insurance and some extra bubble wrap go a long way.

From US to Canada: use UPS Expedited / Worldwide Express option. Even if you still pay Canadian :) duties, you avoid the brokerage fees (included). Ex.: for my Ping S58 irons set, I paid 50$ for UPS Expedited instead of 30-39$ (standard). No brokerage fees (but still paid 90$ for Canadian :) duties). Just ask for it (same with FedEx).

I second that.....without a doubt best way to ship up here to Canada.

at least you get a new driver out of it!

Unfortuantely I don't get a new driver out of it. I will tell you how the whole story went. The expected drop off was March 23. I waited for the package to come in so I could accpet it. I waited until 2 for it to come but the trucker never showed. I tracked it at 4 o'clock and it said that the package had been delivered at 2:42 pm. I left a garage door open that is connected to our house so in case my mom didn't answer the door. She said she heard no one ring the door bell and there was nothing in the garage so I called UPS and told them I have no package. They told me they would send an URGENT message to the delivery guy and call me back in an hour. The UPS agent I talked to told me to ask neighbors in case it was delivered to the wrong house. I asked neighbors and they all said no. I then had the idea to search our other garage right beside the house. This garage is always shut and UPS never drops anything off in it. I walk in the door and there is the package. Should have been an instant red flag. I look the box over and one end is almost blown out and it has a crease close to the top end. I open it up to pull out my new driver, all happy and ready to hit it. But instead when I grab the club all that comes out is the grip and part of the shaft. I went from happy to an Incredible Hulk type rage at the flip of a switch. I instantly called UPS back (never been so mad at automated machines in my life) and told them that I had found the package and can't really understand how a company can let employees treat a box the way mine was treated when it was clearly marked with CLEVELAND GOLF on it (maybe not in those words but they got my drift). Obvioulsly it had a golf club in it. The only thing they said they could do for me was send someone over to inspect the box and its contents on Monday before the end of the business day. So I now have to bend over and take it like a man and realize I'm not getting a flipping thing from UPS. But I can promise one thing, they have lost a customer for LIFE and will never get a good word out of me again.

But it is good news for Joe Kwok though. Sending the club to him to have a Whiteborad 83X Ion put in it.

RazrFit Xtreme 8.5* 7M3 Black Tie X
Razr Hawk 15* Fuijkura 757 X
2009 X Forged 3-PW PX6.5
52*, 56*, 60* Forged C Grind PX 6.5
Metal-X Rossie 34.5"

From US to Canada: use UPS Expedited / Worldwide Express option. Even if you still pay Canadian :) duties, you avoid the brokerage fees (included). Ex.: for my Ping S58 irons set, I paid 50$ for UPS Expedited instead of 30-39$ (standard). No brokerage fees (but still paid 90$ for Canadian :) duties). Just ask for it (same with FedEx).

Actually, you should not be paying duty on new golf equipment, only GST and PST. Part of NAFT.

If you have PST, $90 on a new set sounds like that is what you paid; otherwise extra fees were added.

• TaylorMade SIM Max (12°, GD Tour AD IZ 6 S)
  • TBD - 7w
  • TaylorMade SIM Max2 4h (22°, Fuji Ventus Blue 6 R)
  • TaylorMade SIM Max2 5h (25°, Fuji Ventus Blue 6 R)
  • Titleist T300 (6-G, SteelFiber i110cw R)
  • Titleist SM9 (52°-12F, 58°-10S, Steelfiber i110cw R)
  • Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K (Double Wide Stoke Lab Red)
  • ProV1x

I'm not trying to disparage anyone, but some people, my wife, for example, wouldn't know Cleveland Golf from Grover Cleveland. It's not people that break your clubs, unless you think that the UPS man is somehow stronger than your 117 mph swingspeed. It's their conveyor belts. The best thing you can do it put "Fragile - Do Not Conveyor" stickers on all four sides of the box. The next best thing you can do is go to The Home Depot and buy sections of PVC pipe, cut them to fit the box and put them inside when you ship.

Everybody's had a bad experience with FedEx, UPS or USPS. Overall, UPS gets the job done on time and for a fair rate. They handle millions of packages a day, you really can't expect them to kid glove your precious golf club from one end of the country to the other in five working days or less for $7.

I work for an ebay golf company and I can say that UPS handles packages really poorly. We have clubs returned every week with broken shafts. The boxes will arrive just mangled. They just sling them off the trucks and while sorting them. The post office handles packages much more carefully.

We have also had multiple times when the package would arrive to the customer with only a headcover. Considering this has happened many times I believe that it is someone from UPS doing the stealing. They are usually good about reimbursing your money if you file a claim. I can say that in personal dealing I NEVER use UPS. You can't beat USPS Priority!

I demanded that the seller insure the package and sent him an additional $8.00 for insurance, in which he put in his pocket because UPS supposedly insures the first $100 of the purchase price. I know all of this because I called the store from which the package was shipped. I believe this is the only reason he paid for the reshaft - GUILT is a beautiful thing, LOL.

FYI - I know two UPS drivers and they say that the packages are treated worse than any other place they have worked, including the post office. As one poster pointed out, most packages are damaged on the conveyor belt and at UPS very little care is taken to insure packages are properly loaded onto the conveyor belt.

Wow!! Sad stories!! I have to agree, I'm not a fan of UPS at all. My preference is either FedEx or USPS.

I live in a townhome and once ordered a $1000+ watch on the internet. On the first attempt to deliver, the UPS guy delivered it to one of my neighbors and left the little sticky-tag on my door. Needless to say, I don't know my neighbors and I would never have authorized it...in fact I would have told them to hold it for me to pick-up. My neighbor played stupid until I showed him the sticky-tag and he just happen to then see it sitting by his door.

I've also noticed that UPS takes forever to transport packages. USPS or FedEx might take 2-3 days, UPS will take 5-7 days.

I try to avoid shipping or receiving packages from UPS at all costs. :)

every knows cash is king! period. ups is a multi million dollar company and working with ups as a driver helper this christmas its normaly the drivers fault by trowing it around on the truck. but all they are worried about is getting it there on time

my experience with working with fellow members on here and with ups. all the members i worked with packeged them very well.. the box looked like hell but they were packed well enough that the club was still perfect.

I always ship USPS...Its faster, less expensive, and they don't seem to abuse things the way UPS does.....The last straw was getting a Graman shaft drop shipped to me.....Snapped in half.....Call the company, they ship another shaft...Box arrives and it creased and broken in nearly the same place. There is a reason UPS wears brown...because they treat your stuff like sh!t....

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

UPS is ALWAYS a last resort.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9° shaft???

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

There is nothing for sale here. Just want everyone on WRX to know that UPS is nothing but money hungry pr*cks. I recently traded with a fellow member of the site. The club arrived in a box clearly marked CLEVELAND GOLF. But still the box was recieved beaten and creased like they could care less. The shaft was shattered about 6 inches below the grip. If you would like to see some pics of this let me know and I will show what you they mean by "Go Brown". Their work is nothing but s**t.

I hate to say this, but USPS contracts with UPS for cargo space for airmail, express and some priority mail, Alliance airport here has a huge UPS terminal and you would not beleive the # of USPS trucks out there. They all are the same it's just a roll of the dice. Just like when you go to drop off a package at the post office they removed the clocks so its harder to tell how long you have been standing in line. I still use USPS.

Here's my UPS story. Last Fall, I ordered a driver off Ebay for my wife. The seller sent me a tracking number, and per the UPS website it was delivered even though my wife said they never came to our apartment. To make a long story short, they delivered the club to a local towing service. The folks at the towing service called the local UPS office multiple times, but they never came by to pick up the club. Finally, they found my phone number and called my wife. She had to hike a 1/2 mile up the road to pick up the club (I was out of town and she didn't have access to a car). Needless to say, I was really hacked and sent an e-mail to their corporate office. I received a phone call the next morning from the local office apologizing for the whole thing. They made alot of excuses, but the bottom line is that they didn't care because the towing service notified them of the incorrect delivery and they did nothing. Only when I tattled to the corporate office did they give a damn. USPS is the only way to go!

Wow!! Sad stories!! I have to agree, I'm not a fan of UPS at all. My preference is either FedEx or USPS.

I live in a townhome and once ordered a $1000+ watch on the internet. On the first attempt to deliver, the UPS guy delivered it to one of my neighbors and left the little sticky-tag on my door. Needless to say, I don't know my neighbors and I would never have authorized it...in fact I would have told them to hold it for me to pick-up. My neighbor played stupid until I showed him the sticky-tag and he just happen to then see it sitting by his door.

I've also noticed that UPS takes forever to transport packages. USPS or FedEx might take 2-3 days, UPS will take 5-7 days.

I try to avoid shipping or receiving packages from UPS at all costs. :)

UPS and FedEx have identical delivery times from one section of the country to the other. The only difference is that FedEx ground works Saturday. That's to get their foot in the door. Once they are as big as UPS, they'll switch to no Saturday ground delivery or you'll pay extra for it.