Jim Venetos golf swing?

garyt

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1411009921' post='10137805']
[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1411009669' post='10137761']
[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1411009566' post='10137745']
[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1411009319' post='10137719']
Dumbarses it's intelligent design / end thread
[/quote]
Hogan is God and out of generosity he just decided to let other people win a few, seems pretty clear to me. And now we've established that the Hoganites are a religion
[/quote]

Or maybe a blasphemous cult - Bc everyone knows that the darkside = truth and the way.
[/quote]

Who is the dark side then, Schoen?
[/quote]

Wtf !

I am not answering that. Lol

Shoen is David Korash or Jim Jones

[quote name='chrisgilly09' timestamp='1411010299' post='10137873']
MORAD, duh lol. Depends which hoganites you're asking about pin, I'll take the ones who play with the red sabers lol
[/quote]

That cretin with the ghost town forum has been systematically knocking off ogradys stuff and re labeling it for years . The latest is the spine at set up with a correct trigger motion to move the shoulders on an optimum path

[quote name='LaggingBehind' timestamp='1411009937' post='10137809']
[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1411008164' post='10137603']
Yes BPH, when you don't know you are OTT, then everything gets existential (feel isn't real). :drag:
[/quote]
Doesn't look OTT to me, nor does it look flippy. He releases AFTER impact from the vids I see and he also has a shallow in-out descent (not OTT).
[/quote]

1) In all the vids posted to this thread, the left wrist is broken forward at impact - I challenge you to post a still from one of those videos showing shaft lean at impact. Just post one still from any of those videos that shows that definitively.

2) OTT by it's very nature is steep - whether you set your stance so you are pointed 35 yards into the trees on the right or not. If he shallowed out from his top of backswing position he would hit the mother of all hooks or block it into the next county. The only in-out in his swing happens because his stance is so closed he can go with as much ott pull as he is physically capable of and that results in something approximating in to out with relation to the target line.

3) His stance is extremely closed and he does not use his right hip, this causes his swing to be blocked by his left hip coming into impact and he is forced to flip. No weight movement guarantees the block flip. Your his acolyte - does he block/flip or is no hips/weight transfer a lie? Heads I win, tails you lose.

Hideous freaking bad swingcrack. Just say no.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1411012042' post='10138059']
Yes BPH, when you don't know you are OTT, then everything gets existential (feel isn't real). :drag:
[/quote]
Doesn't look OTT to me, nor does it look flippy. He releases AFTER impact from the vids I see and he also has a shallow in-out descent (not OTT).
[/quote]

1) In all the vids posted to this thread, the left wrist is broken forward at impact - I challenge you to post a still from one of those videos showing shaft lean at impact. Just post one still from any of those videos that shows that definitively.

2) OTT by it's very nature is steep - whether you set your stance so you are pointed 35 yards into the trees on the right or not. If he shallowed out from his top of backswing position he would hit the mother of all hooks or block it into the next county. The only in-out in his swing happens because his stance is so closed he can go with as much ott pull as he is physically capable of and that results in something approximating in to out with relation to the target line.

3) His stance is extremely closed and he does not use his right hip, this causes his swing to be blocked by his left hip coming into impact and he is forced to flip. No weight movement guarantees the block flip. Your his acolyte - does he block/flip or is no hips/weight transfer a lie? Heads I win, tails you lose.

[/quote]
Why does this have to be about winning or losing...? This is obviously not a learning environment to promote the betterment of the game. I see it from many posters.

I don't believe he sets up as closed as you're saying. He mentions that he hits a draw with his normal shot, seems pretty obvious. Also, he does rotate his right hip after impact and doesn't get blocked.

Watch his videos again, if you can see through the shutter effect you'll notice he doesn't flip either. Just look at his wrists.

[quote name='LaggingBehind' timestamp='1411012971' post='10138139']
[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1411012042' post='10138059']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Why does this have to be about winning or losing...? This is obviously not a learning environment to promote the betterment of the game. I see it from many posters.

I don't believe he sets up as closed as you're saying. He mentions that he hits a draw with his normal shot, seems pretty obvious. Also, he does rotate his right hip after impact and doesn't get blocked.

Watch his videos again, if you can see through the shutter effect you'll notice he doesn't flip either. Just look at his wrists.
[/quote]

Why would I want to suffer through 7+ minutes of a blather (again)? Why don't you just post a single frame that show him not in a flipped position? One reason - you can't.

Unconventional, but who cares? The guys articulate and well spoken give him credit for thinking outside the box. The shoulder pre-set and closed stance is forcing the path right of the target line there's no doubt there. With the lack of hip rotation on the BS you might see backing out flip snappers or OTT.

Why would I want to suffer through 7+ minutes of a blather (again)? Why don't you just post a single frame that show him not in a flipped position? One reason - you can't.

ScreenShot2014-09-17at111749PM_zpsd9b65684.png

Looks like a flip to me, thanks for proving my point (hint look at the right wrist and its complete lack of bend).

Looks like a flip to me, thanks for proving my point (hint look at the right wrist and its complete lack of bend).

After impact... Shutter effect remember

[quote name='chrisgilly09' timestamp='1411010299' post='10137873']
MORAD, duh lol. Depends which hoganites you're asking about pin, I'll take the ones who play with the red sabers lol
[/quote]

MORAD book out yet?

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1411045644' post='10139385']
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1411042450' post='10139043']
Now that's steep.

[attachment=2423975:JVSteep.JPG]
[/quote]

But temb, they are saying it's not OTT :swoon:
[/quote]

If that's not over the top then I'm a pull fader.

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

Before impact, shutter goes from top down. Plus slow shutter speed for blur.

Trying to learn here. I thought shutter effect in golf swings only influenced the perception of the shaft, not the hands or other body parts. Wrong?

[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1411012501' post='10138105']
I think Jim Venitos could still persuade North to cough up 30 bucks, where is he
[/quote] IMO his delivery ( his verbal pitch, not his swing) is above average. This would allow for some cash flow. His science is at a level of Spanky & Alfalfa... Here Trackman's "hitting up" revelation for driver distance is debunked according to Mr. V's brand of techno-speak: http://youtu.be/MJkKwnchrHA

It's not two different swings unless you exaggerate it. If you change ball position then your position on the arc naturally changes. His method with driver seems like it would have the problems people have with S&T that don't understand the system, except even more exaggerated.

Driver off the deck isn't useful unless you're in the first cut or playing at a course with long fairways. It's not physically possible to hit the ball anywhere near the COG for modern drivers off the deck unless the ball is sitting way up or you hit down so much that you hit the ball straight into the ground. 99 percent of people hit their 3 wood off the deck just as far or farther than driver off the deck and about 2x as consistent.

[quote name='LeftyPapa' timestamp='1411123692' post='10146029']
[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1411012501' post='10138105']
I think Jim Venitos could still persuade North to cough up 30 bucks, where is he
[/quote] IMO his delivery ( his verbal pitch, not his swing) is above average. This would allow for some cash flow. His science is at a level of Spanky & Alfalfa... Here Trackman's "hitting up" revelation for driver distance is debunked according to Mr. V's brand of techno-speak: http://youtu.be/MJkKwnchrHA
[/quote]
This video IMO is where he really starts getting out into left field. Pivoting left at set up, as he calls it, doesn't guarantee a shallow attack angle and low spin. Too many other variables that can change low point or where impact happens on the face. You can swing right and still dump the leverage, lean on it or catch the ball low. Again, that model like SnT tends to promote a steeper AOA and can result in backing out, reverse pivoting, and or flipping. Some overly general assumptions being made but still well articulated and thought out.

I don't care how well articulated something is. If the overall quality of content is poop, pretty speech won't cover that.

Not that i'm saying Jim's stuff sucks, just think me being a hooker already it doesn't work for me. His talking makes it entertaining to watch for sure.

He's like a sexy version of DJ Watts.

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1411140813' post='10147423']
I don't care how well articulated something is. If the overall quality of content is poop, pretty speech won't cover that.

Not that i'm saying Jim's stuff sucks, just think me being a hooker already it doesn't work for me. His talking makes it entertaining to watch for sure.

[/quote]

Obviously my mistake was watching his videos with the sound off.

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1411141246' post='10147477']
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1411140813' post='10147423']

[/quote]

Obviously my mistake was watching his videos with the sound off.
[/quote]

I think it would have made it much more entertaining with sound on. Either that or you would have wanted to gouge your eyes out.

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*