2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Jim Venetos golf swing?

garyt

[quote name='Ric.T' timestamp='1411998786' post='10204929']

And to you, experts posters here, with over 4500 posts, I mean, guys, get a life, move a little and stop siiting over that colon cancer you seem to be working on.
[/quote]

I'm confused. How did you end up finding WRX all of a sudden when you are obviously too busy "moving" around to hop on the interwebs? Always endearing to join a group and then put them down.

Bridgestone J33R speeder 652X
Titleist 910f 15 diamana kai'li s
Ping G30 5 wood S tour spec
Ping G30 7 wood S tour spec
Mizuno MP 37 s300 P-3
Wishon 575 mmc cavity P-4 Aerotech I95 moi'd
Callaway Mac Daddy 2 tg 54° 60°
Scotty Cameron black studio design I 2001 (stolen haven't found replacement)

[quote name='spider' timestamp='1412013954' post='10206733']
And to you, experts posters here, with over 4500 posts, I mean, guys, get a life, move a little and stop siiting over that colon cancer you seem to be working on.
[/quote]

I'm confused. How did you end up finding WRX all of a sudden when you are obviously too busy "moving" around to hop on the interwebs? Always endearing to join a group and then put them down.
[/quote]

I found WRX -that I knew before re: equipment- while Googling ««Jim Veneto's swing review»», and that's after I had stumbled upon one of his videos on YouTube - working on my own cancer colon! I was looking for reviews, anything, and found this thread here. I had been 4-5 days off with a sore lower back.
I am not here to advocate anything, I just happened to pick up this thing which allows me play with zero pain, AND all I wanted was to share my experience with it. I have zero interest in J.V.'s course management or putting method, my putting is fine. I'm just excited about stricking the ball so well using that bizarre concept.

I used to be complemented on my golf swing, Great swing, Rick! Great swing, ugly ball.
In the last few days it's the other way around. And apparently it doesn't look as bad as I imagine it.

I read the rules of this forum: Respect, etc.
I think that it is easy to be intimidated by experts or so-called experts here.
Have a nice round and DON'T think about J.V.
I am not J.V.
And he is not my cousin.

[quote name='Ric.T' timestamp='1412016944' post='10207107']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I found WRX -that I knew before re: equipment- while Googling ««Jim Veneto's swing review»», and that's after I had stumbled upon one of his videos on YouTube - working on my own cancer colon! I was looking for reviews, anything, and found this thread here. I had been 4-5 days off with a sore lower back.
I am not here to advocate anything, I just happened to pick up this thing which allows me play with zero pain, AND all I wanted was to share my experience with it. I have zero interest in J.V.'s course management or putting method, my putting is fine. I'm just excited about stricking the ball so well using that bizarre concept.

I used to be complemented on my golf swing, Great swing, Rick! Great swing, ugly ball.
In the last few days it's the other way around. And apparently it doesn't look as bad as I imagine it.

I am not J.V.
And he is not my cousin.
[/quote]

Are you sure you didn't google "OTT flippy swingcrack"?

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[color=#800080]I say CP , because he is just a jackass. He went froms twirling , to sole slamming , to Monte beings the real deal , to Dan beings the last piece to his *puzzle* , to Lee , to Rock (?) , to a video cursing at Monte ands Dan. How many times did he post he finally has nothings to think of in his swing , just slam the sole with the scooby doo release. Nots to mention that cult leader he brought to the forums briefly (I love you all). I am sort of convinced he googled *goat humping* ands found a link to a golf website by accident. Then it grew froms there.[/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1412028326' post='10208113']
[color=#800080]I say CP , because he is just a jackass. He went froms twirling , to sole slamming , to Monte beings the real deal , to Dan beings the last piece to his *puzzle* , to Lee , to Rock (?) , to a video cursing at Monte ands Dan. How many times did he post he finally has nothings to think of in his swing , just slam the sole with the scooby doo release. Nots to mention that cult leader he brought to the forums briefly (I love you all). I am sort of convinced he googled *goat humping* ands found a link to a golf website by accident. Then it grew froms there.[/color]
[/quote]

That's a very funny post haha! Well done!

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='Ric.T' timestamp='1412016944' post='10207107']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am not J.V.
And he is not my cousin.
[/quote]

any video of the new motion?

Bridgestone J33R speeder 652X
Titleist 910f 15 diamana kai'li s
Ping G30 5 wood S tour spec
Ping G30 7 wood S tour spec
Mizuno MP 37 s300 P-3
Wishon 575 mmc cavity P-4 Aerotech I95 moi'd
Callaway Mac Daddy 2 tg 54° 60°
Scotty Cameron black studio design I 2001 (stolen haven't found replacement)

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1412003001' post='10205389']
So what's the latest on this swing? Where is the swing footage of Jim hitting a 350+ yard drive?
[/quote]

Yes.
Jim, please come back and show them something. Please!
Doesn't need to be 350.
And I need you to tell me how to manage uphill lies.
Come on down, you're the next contestant on
The WRX is right!

[quote name='Ric.T' timestamp='1412036235' post='10208929']
So what's the latest on this swing? Where is the swing footage of Jim hitting a 350+ yard drive?
[/quote]

Yes.
Doesn't need to be 350.
The WRX is right!
[/quote]

Completely agree, I'm still waiting for JV to come on here and DROP SOME KNOWLEDGE on how to hook all your short irons huge amounts. Please Jim, come back, we need you!

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1412036399' post='10208949']
[/quote]

Yes.
Doesn't need to be 350.
The WRX is right!
[/quote]

Completely agree, I'm still waiting for JV to come on here and DROP SOME KNOWLEDGE on how to hook all your short irons huge amounts. Please Jim, come back, we need you!
[/quote]

Those aren't hooks, they are gentle 35 yard draws...

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1412038670' post='10209195']
[/quote]

Yes.
Doesn't need to be 350.
The WRX is right!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Those aren't hooks, they are gentle 35 yard draws...
[/quote]

Duck Hook

[/quote]

Yes.
Doesn't need to be 350.
The WRX is right!
[/quote]

[/quote]

On the other hand, I can understand the guy for looking somewhere else,
you'll be flaming him anyway.

I have absolutely no doubt you can hit serious distances with such a setup.
I certainly will not brag - and can't- about my own distances, but the 3-wood I now hit is more than enough,
and I'll use till I'm more familiar with the change. Wether is it by delofting the club or what else, you get that feeling, standing over the ball, that you have it trapped and that you are about to smack it. I say it, it feels good.
I had a video taken saturday on our 6th hole, but I guess I was camera shy, or something, and my swing was a mix of the old and new, not giving a real idea.
You could have had a glimpse of our beautiful 6th hole and
also come to the conclusion that I am not J. V. No, no, no.
Then I had a flash of the incoming truly insightful posts and, after a little thinking,
I'll do like Jim, I'll let you wait a little

Ok, so I'm off my chair for tonight.
Buenas noches!

[quote name='Ric.T' timestamp='1412040127' post='10209335']
[/quote]

Yes.
Doesn't need to be 350.
The WRX is right!
[/quote]

[/quote]

On the other hand, I can understand the guy for looking somewhere else,
you'll be flaming him anyway.

I have absolutely no doubt you can hit serious distances with such a setup.
I certainly will not brag - and can't- about my own distances, but the 3-wood I now hit is more than enough,
and I'll use till I'm more familiar with the change. Wether is it by delofting the club or what else, you get that feeling, standing over the ball, that you have it trapped and that you are about to smack it. I say it, it feels good.
I had a video taken saturday on our 6th hole, but I guess I was camera shy, or something, and my swing was a mix of the old and new, not giving a real idea.
You could have had a glimpse of our beautiful 6th hole and
also come to the conclusion that I am not J. V. No, no, no.
Then I had a flash of the incoming truly insightful posts and, after a little thinking,
I'll do like Jim, I'll let you wait a little

Ok, so I'm off my chair for tonight.
Buenas noches!
[/quote]

Ric, you and I say are on the same team. I'm a huge Venetos fanatic, you are a huge Venetos fanatic, can't we all just get along and get JV back on here to drop some truth on the community?

• 5 months later...

Wow. And I thought the adolescent computer programmers on Stackoverflow were full of themselves. Golfers, let go of your your ego.
Jim's "Your shoulders control your Direction" vid helped me get in to out even if I don't use his swing. I find Jim's videos to be compelling and he'd be interesting even to a non-golfer. Ya gotta love a 2 minute golf lesson given from what appears an alley in Barcelona. Jim's different. Tres cool.
"Your shoulders control your Direction"
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2FzC4fArck"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2FzC4fArck[/url]

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was searching through some old threads, for just boredom sakes, and I find this thread.

All I have to say is SHAME ON YOU ALL.

You guys on here were absolute jerks. Absolutely idiotic jerks.

I have over 60 e-mails back and forth with Jim. He not only wrote me, he would send me direct responses in video format to my swing, to his thoughts, etc.

This is someone who is GENUINE, and truly is passionate about the game - and his methods.

I applaud those that gave the method an honest go, and were constructive with Jim throughout this thread. For those of you that wanted to gang up on him and flame the whole thread and Jim - you guys really should be ashamed. As a member of Golfwrx for some time, and not some random 2 poster, I'm embarrased to see that this was the kind of welcome he got - and the type of responses from WELL KNOWN teachers and instructors who just assumed the worst.

I wasn't successful with Jim's method because of my own dedication and the fact that it is a swing that I would personally benefit from being in-person with Jim. It's already been proven through my track history that what I see/feel is completely different than what I'm doing. Fwiw, Jim calibrated his approach with me to better teach the way I can learn, I just personally couldn't commit - I was not a good student.

I know this post will be responded with snarky one-liners from the "regulars" and more immaturity, but Jim, I wanted to thank you yet again for your guidance, and your overall attitude. You're a good person, and I hope you return to GolfWRX to show others your method.

If there any of you just interested even a little bit - honestly, message Jim on youtube or on his website. He responds directly and quickly. No selling, won't cost you anything...but time and especially for GolfWRX,...your pride.

• Like 1

[quote name='Matt10' timestamp='1427413296' post='11223703']
I was searching through some old threads, for just boredom sakes, and I find this thread.

I have over 60 e-mails back and forth with Jim. He not only wrote me, he would send me direct responses in video format to my swing, to his thoughts, etc.

This is someone who is GENUINE, and truly is passionate about the game - and his methods.

I applaud those that gave the method an honest go, and were constructive with Jim throughout this thread. For those of you that wanted to gang up on him and flame the whole thread and Jim - you guys really should be ashamed. As a member of Golfwrx for some time, and not some random 2 poster, I'm embarrased to see that this was the kind of welcome he got - and the type of responses from WELL KNOWN teachers and instructors who just assumed the worst.

[b]I wasn't successful with Jim's method [/b]because of my own dedication and the fact that it is a swing that I would personally benefit from being in-person with Jim. It's already been proven through my track history that what I see/feel is completely different than what I'm doing. Fwiw, Jim calibrated his approach with me to better teach the way I can learn, I just personally couldn't commit - I was not a good student.

I know this post will be responded with snarky one-liners from the "regulars" and more immaturity, but Jim, I wanted to thank you yet again for your guidance, and your overall attitude. You're a good person, and I hope you return to GolfWRX to show others your method.

If there any of you just interested even a little bit - honestly, message Jim on youtube or on his website. He responds directly and quickly. No selling, won't cost you anything...but time and especially for GolfWRX,...your pride.
[/quote]

Let's see, you were trolling through some old threads just so you could bring up the fact that YOU WEREN'T SUCESSFUL with the Venotos method and we're jerks for pointing out the NO ONE can be successful with that OTT flippy method? Fine, he might be a nice guy but that doesn't make what he's pushing any good.

And NO, I don't want to waste any time talking to Jim about his flawed approach - my time is worth more to me than that.

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1427419862' post='11224441']

[b]I wasn't successful with Jim's method [/b]because of my own dedication and the fact that it is a swing that I would personally benefit from being in-person with Jim. It's already been proven through my track history that what I see/feel is completely different than what I'm doing. Fwiw, Jim calibrated his approach with me to better teach the way I can learn, I just personally couldn't commit - I was not a good student.

[/quote]

Let's see, you were trolling through some old threads just so you could bring up the fact that YOU WEREN'T SUCESSFUL with the Venotos method and we're jerks for pointing out the NO ONE can be successful with that OTT flippy method? Fine, he might be a nice guy but that doesn't make what he's pushing any good.

And NO, I don't want to waste any time talking to Jim about his flawed approach - my time is worth more to me than that.
[/quote]

I was going to respond, but I can see it's not going to be worth getting into a flame war. Trolling wasn't the case at all, I merely missed out on the thread while I was absent - and that's that. I was upset about how he was treated, and we missed out on a pretty good, constructive discussion with him not involved. I wanted to provide the positive side of exploring a new swing method, and if I had learned in person, I would have learned a lot and who knows how I would be. That's all. I don't think anything that needs to be commented has to be a success story or anything impactful. I just wanted to provide my experience, and if there are those that are curious or just want to try something else, you'll learn a lot from Jim - who will really dedicate himself to you and your journey.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Matt10' timestamp='1427497321' post='11230655']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was going to respond, but I can see it's not going to be worth getting into a flame war. Trolling wasn't the case at all, I merely missed out on the thread while I was absent - and that's that. I was upset about how he was treated, and we missed out on a pretty good, constructive discussion with him not involved. I wanted to provide the positive side of exploring a new swing method, and if I had learned in person, I would have learned a lot and who knows how I would be. That's all. I don't think anything that needs to be commented has to be a success story or anything impactful. I just wanted to provide my experience, and if there are those that are curious or just want to try something else, you'll learn a lot from Jim - who will really dedicate himself to you and your journey.
[/quote]
I am with you. After some early success last year I started 2015 committed to Jim's approach. Bad #4 round, followed by bad #5 round, and there you have it already, I'm back to my flawed but familiar swing.
My failure is not Jim Venetos' failure. I just don't practice enough anymore, I am not staying still enough, too much right arm, not enough patience and talent.
I have hit great shots when I executed properly, but for now I don't feel comfortable enough with this setup. I am quite sure I will go back to it if I can manage to make it to a local range. My home course closed this year, that hurts as I used to play/practice at will.
Whathever you guys say, Jim V. has a great looking swing, I really wish I had his smooth move thru the ball.

[/quote]

[/quote]

A 7 that thinks he's Butch Harmon. Your time must not be worth too much as you seem to waste a lot of it whacking off to your 20k posts. Maybe you should hit the range instead. You are a joke.