Nike Vapor Iron Series

greenknight9

[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1420393922' post='10684269'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1420393722' post='10684259']
Here's a breakdown for the slower people out there of my progression since surgery and re-joining the game. I was a +0.2 before surgery. [attachment=2556815:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1420393707.382295.jpg]
[/quote]

And NOW you mention "surgery and re-joining the game" ?

Did you mention that when I asked you about your distance ? Or even before on the thread (If so, I apologize in advance for not seeing it (but there WAS 27 pages to read through))

[size=4][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1419789193' post='10651367'][/size]
[size=4]I had a scoring avg of 67.7 last year and I only had 4 rounds over par out of 110 rounds. If I'm hitting my 7 iron 150 yards to 10 feet consistently, why would i consider switching. I[size=5][b] don't study these numbers as much as you clearly do[/b][/size]. And the only reason I went with PXi was from info I got on this forum. I've never been fitted for anything.[/size]
[size=4][/quote][/size]

[size=4]You don't study the numbers ? And you have all these stats at hand ?[/size][/quote]

Read jackass. I just said I went by memory. That's not studying stats. It's my distances.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1420393972' post='10684279']
[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1420393798' post='10684261'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1420385684' post='10683679']
[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1420382182' post='10683485']

I'm not sure what your problem is, there were one or two comments made. I agree, your 7 iron carry didn't match up to your 5 wood, not like I care but I can see how someone asked you about it.

Sounds even weirder now that you've outed yourself as the best golfer on WRX. With a normal progression your 4 iron would go about 175 and your 5 wood 225, pretty big gap for a +6.[/quote]

Try paying attention. My 5 wood now carries about 225. When my 7 iron only carried 138, my 5 wood carried only about 195 to 200. Each club has increased about the same amount over the last 4 years. I just used the 7 iron as an example to show people how the PXi worked for me. Some due to swing changes, some due to better suited clubs and shafts and some due to the fact I couldn't swing a club like I should when my spine was fused together. My clubs have always had the proper spacing in between clubs and they have all increased incrementally together as I got stronger. Maybe people you should try reading all of the posts and not responding like a jackass. And because my handicap is what it is doesn't mean I'm the best golfer in wrx. And I never said I was. You just did. And to ask what my problem is, it's nothing. It's now an ongoing joke that I shouldn't post any numbers so I don't get questioned. I don't really care what you or anyone else questioned. I posted numbers and successes with my PXi's. That's it. And fyi, someone didn't just question my 7 iron distance, he was being a total dick about it. Questioning it isn't a big deal.

To recap because you seem a little slow,

My 7 iron was just one club I used to show my distance gains. I have increased each club the same amount, give or take. And as I have gotten healthier and longer I have moved to the back tees again because I couldn't get the distance needed before my surgery. Now I am healthy, playing the back tees, hitting proper distances and playing the best golf of my life. Very sorry to share that and obviously ruin your life in the process.
[/quote]

Would YOU go through 31 pages of a thread to find out something occurring in the last 4 or 5 ? Thought not.

To recap.

I happen to be interested in the new Vapor but I expect I'd be playing the "Speed", not the PC or the Pros. I AM however, interested in shafts and believe that a shaft is at least as important as a clubhead, maybe moreso.

So I asked you, very respectfully I might add, how you accounted for the extra 20 yards; whether it was just the shaft, the iron, or whatever.

It escalated from there.

You never said (until later) you were sick or needed an operation or were 16 and getting stronger as you're getting older, or anything else that might account for such a difference, only that your previous 7 iron went 152 and your new one goes 169. That is QUITE a difference for basically a shaft change.

OK, so a couple of posters suggested I leave you alone and I did just that.

And how many times SINCE I "stopped" posting here did you make a reference/joke/dig/whatever at our little tete-a-tete ? MORE than a few.

So now somebody else chides you for getting on MY case and you're all full of "butt hurt" ? :nono:

Hit the reset button my friend - it's a new year !!! :good:[/quote]

No one got on your case. It was a joke. Don't be a baby. And you didn't politely question me. You were a total dick about it. Have a nice year!!!!
[/quote]

POLITELY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[size=4][quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1419735938' post='10649411'][/size]

[size=4]How do you account for the 20 yards ?[/size]

[size=4]Shaft only ? Seems impossible. Lofts probably aren't that much different.[/size]

[size=4]You're a top 1% player and you get 20 more yards from a SHAFT change ?[/size]
[size=4][/quote][/size]

[size=4]And like I said, it just escalated from there, [u][b]before[/b][/u], BTW, you ever mentioned "sick" or "surgery".[/size]

You've shown yourself. You get the last word,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#ff8c00][b]Cobra Bio Cell+[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23[/b][/color]
[b][color=#696969]Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#ff0000][b]TM xft wedge 64[/b][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Scotty Futura X[/color][/b][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]ProV1x[/b][/font]

I am going off of memory here but it sounds like a majority that have purchased vpc/pro have gone with stock, pxi, and modus. Those seem to be the overwhelmingly popular choices. Has anyone else ventured in a different direction or plan to do so? I feel like the odd ball with kbs tour!

Titleist 910 D2 - GD AD DI6
Titleist 917 F2 16.5* - GD AD DI7
Titleist 620 MB 4-P DGS300 
Titleist Vokey SM7 
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0
ProV1x

[quote name='greenknight9' timestamp='1420400108' post='10684755']I am going off of memory here but it sounds like a majority that have purchased vpc/pro have gone with stock, pxi, and modus. Those seem to be the overwhelmingly popular choices. Has anyone else ventured in a different direction or plan to do so? I feel like the odd ball with kbs tour![/quote]
I'm looking at either PX 5.5 or DGS300 from the DG Pro. Can't decide right now. May wait until I get some more rounds in. May jump head first into one of those.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='greenknight9' timestamp='1420400108' post='10684755']I am going off of memory here but it sounds like a majority that have purchased vpc/pro have gone with stock, pxi, and modus. Those seem to be the overwhelmingly popular choices. Has anyone else ventured in a different direction or plan to do so? I feel like the odd ball with kbs tour![/quote]

I'm loving my PXi but I really want to try the modus based on the crazy good reviews on here. A little dome time today.[attachment=2556951:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1420401957.087134.jpg]

I am looking to move toward modus after this and the nippon thread haha. There was a deal posted in the DND forum with some fantastic prices on KBS shafts on amazon..... might have to go back. Played the tour stiff for a bit and it was awesome, but never been into changing stuff until recently.

Forever Changing at this point.......

My oh my these irons look great! I finally got a chance to see these in person and I am really impressed!

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

5 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2 | Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 90TX

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 | Dynamic Gold TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1420401970' post='10684901']

I'm loving my PXi but I really want to try the modus based on the crazy good reviews on here. A little dome time today.[attachment=2556951:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1420401957.087134.jpg]
[/quote]

Great Picture, shows what a great looking iron this is!

Loved your reviews ToddyJ, great insight on your journey to choosing the club. Sorry for you dealing with all the hate!

Great player as well; do you play in any of the Albert Golf Events (not trying to be an a** or question your handicap, just curious), you should look into the Alberta Am and the Alberta Open! Could do some damage in those!

All the best in the snow and cold, look forward to more reviews and potential of the modus.

The only thing that concerns me about the Modus 3 120 S is the weight and feel. I don't want anything that feels too heavy, like S300 or S400 heavy. I owned some Modus 3 130 S and they were like rebar to me.

I am going to have to order these without hitting them first, which I don't like to do. Unfortunately, I have no choice in this case. I want a balanced shaft that swings somewhat effortlessly, if that makes any sense at all?!

I've played a lot of shafts, but mainly the Ping CFS and DG S300. Others I own or have played are the KBS Tour Stiff and X, KBS C-Taper Lite S, Steelfiber i95 S, Dynalite Gold S, PXi 5.5 & 6.0, and Modus 3 130 S.

For me, I have gone thru all the up charge shafts in recent years, this time I went stock, best choice for me. I had KBS Tours and PXI in my last two sets, for me it was not much of a difference, I really like the DG Pros.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

[quote name='WisconsinGolfer11' timestamp='1420403211' post='10685019'][quote name='altess27' timestamp='1420402908' post='10684991']
My oh my these irons look great! I finally got a chance to see these in person and I am really impressed!
[/quote]
May i ask how you got to see them?[/quote]

They have been at retail sice oct/Nov. Go get your hands on them!!!

Titleist 910 D2 - GD AD DI6
Titleist 917 F2 16.5* - GD AD DI7
Titleist 620 MB 4-P DGS300 
Titleist Vokey SM7 
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0
ProV1x

[quote name='wholeinwon ' timestamp='1420403185' post='10685015'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1420401970' post='10684901']

[/quote]

Loved your reviews ToddyJ, great insight on your journey to choosing the club. Sorry for you dealing with all the hate!

Great player as well; do you play in any of the Albert Golf Events (not trying to be an a** or question your handicap, just curious), you should look into the Alberta Am and the Alberta Open! Could do some damage in those!

All the best in the snow and cold, look forward to more reviews and potential of the modus.[/quote]

Thanks man. Dave, our club pro and my wife have been bugging me all year to play some tournaments and none have fit in the schedule just yet. I am definitely going to do the PGA Tour Canada Monday qualify for the ATB classic this year. The qualifier is held at our course so you never know, maybe I could get through. I am hoping to get my wife into some tournaments as well as she is a good golfer as well. Honestly, we both do it because we enjoy it and we hadn't really thought about doing any competing until the last few months. Maybe it's the year we should start. [attachment=2557049:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1420404977.428504.jpg]

Every time I go out and hit my vapor pros I am more and more impressed. I didn't have as good a ball striking day today with my irons as I usually do. My 3 Irons Were Way off and I was still carrying it over 200 yards every time. I think I ate way too much over Christmas and My gut was in the way. And even though my ball striking was off a bit I didn't lose more than five or 10 yards per club. I'm definitely not saying these are the best irons ever made but they definitely suit my game and my swing to a T

Thread cleaned. Please stay on topic and don't fight and bicker with one another. Thanks!

Also, please use the Report button earlier - it really helps us to stay on top of problems.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi10 Tour Rescue, GD AD-IZ 85S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1420405085' post='10685193'][quote name='wholeinwon ' timestamp='1420403185' post='10685015'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1420401970' post='10684901']

[/quote]

All the best in the snow and cold, look forward to more reviews and potential of the modus.[/quote]

Thanks man. Dave, our club pro and my wife have been bugging me all year to play some tournaments and none have fit in the schedule just yet. I am definitely going to do the PGA Tour Canada Monday qualify for the ATB classic this year. The qualifier is held at our course so you never know, maybe I could get through. I am hoping to get my wife into some tournaments as well as she is a good golfer as well. Honestly, we both do it because we enjoy it and we hadn't really thought about doing any competing until the last few months. Maybe it's the year we should start. [attachment=2557049:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1420404977.428504.jpg]

Every time I go out and hit my vapor pros I am more and more impressed. I didn't have as good a ball striking day today with my irons as I usually do. My 3 Irons Were Way off and I was still carrying it over 200 yards every time. I think I ate way too much over Christmas and My gut was in the way. And even though my ball striking was off a bit I didn't lose more than five or 10 yards per club. I'm definitely not saying these are the best irons ever made but they definitely suit my game and my swing to a T[/quote][attachment=2557069:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1420405960.048854.jpg]

I'm most likely going with my trusty C-Tapers. About to pull the trigger.

But would like to test the Modus 120 first..

^^^I went with the DG S300 since from my limited experience the DG Pros had a similar flight to the KBS Tours and I was looking for something lower. I'm more curious about trying out the Modus than actually gaming them but they do sound like what I was looking for, low launch and lightweight. I have limited experience with the PXi and wasn't a fan.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

Just want to share a picture from last week's round. First time on the field in 36°f with frozen ground. My shots are usually high, so I thought stock s300 is good enough. These irons look so great!

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

[quote name='bongta029' timestamp='1420407975' post='10685389']Just want to share a picture from last week's round. First time on the field in 36°f with frozen ground. My shots are usually high, so I thought stock s300 is good enough. These irons look so great![/quote]

Nice pic. Thx. Agree with you about how great they look. I bring mine in from the garage just to stare at them when the wife has crap on the tv.

[quote name='Guv280984' timestamp='1420405997' post='10685261']
Anyone fancy shipping a set of 4-PW Vapor Pro heads to the UK?
[/quote]

I wouldn't mind. Are you looking for heads only?

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1420408930' post='10685463']
[quote name='tyro' timestamp='1420408793' post='10685451']Yes, I've had the PXi in two other irons i20 and AP2 and I wasn't a real fan of them either. To each his own, because they seem to be working pretty well for some around on this thread![/quote]

Ya, it's funny how different everyone's swings and games are.
[/quote]

Yes, they are like signatures. No two are exactly the same. I revel in the differences!

[quote name='dcosby' timestamp='1420408343' post='10685423']
[quote name='Guv280984' timestamp='1420405997' post='10685261']
Anyone fancy shipping a set of 4-PW Vapor Pro heads to the UK?
[/quote]

I wouldn't mind. Are you looking for heads only?
[/quote]

Hey, thanks for getting back. I'm gonna buy some Nippon Modus 125 shafts to put into them and I was thinking it would be cheaper to just have the heads shipped over with maybe some original ferrules. What do you think is the best option?

Cheers
Craig

Paradym Triple Diamond 9
TSR3 Fairway Wood 15

Stealth 2 Hybrid 19
Ping Blueprint S 4-PW
SM10 Nickel Wedges 50, 54 & 58

Scotty Phantom 9.5