2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1421897460' post='10795147']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1421892178' post='10794501']
[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1421890115' post='10794273']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1421885252' post='10793749']
Just doesnt make sense..... The first reports were already confusing....... He stated he was drinking in Waikiki and found 6 miles outside when he was mugged and dropped off.

He confirmed he was Drinking at the Amuse Wine bar that IS NOT IN WAIKIKI......It is 6 miles outside of Waikiki LOL.....so already his story was messed up from the beginning.......

His story doesn't add up and him getting mugged in that area......highly unlikely........
[/quote]

Picking nits...Amuse is less than 2 miles from Waikiki depending on your definition but it certainly isn't 6 miles. I live down the street as well, and I've walked home from Amuse plenty of times in the dark. I don't think the area is unsafe, but it seems that there are more and more "unsavory characters" in the entire area despite being 3 blocks from $4000/month apartment buildings. I wouldn't walk in Ala Moana Beach Park 2 blocks away after sunset.
It is, however, 6 miles from Kahala. These distances, in my opinion, are 2 things a visitor might get confused especially after taking a blow to the head. I had a few football teammates that couldn't remember what day of the week it was after a hit from a linebacker.
I'm not saying the rest of Allenby's story adds up, but there are certain elements that could easily be confused.
[/quote]

Fair enough, I am sorry I probably embellished like RA did LOL...... Ala Moana beach park, they are harmless.....I know cause 1 time I had the mean $#!ts......about 11:30pm ran into Ala Moan Beach Park to take a massive dump....they sleeping in the stalls....told them sorry boys and I unloaded the kids at the pool.....They never bothered me or tried to mug me.......

Yes if you stray off the beaten path in the area there are quite a bit of homeless.....Now I am confused....did they find him at Ala Moana or Amuse, I thought they found him at the corner of Kapiolani and Piikoi not at the beach park? So were the hell did Ala Moana Beach park come into play?

*Edit*

!@#$%$ and this is the reason why the story keeps getting messed up..... ALA Moana Beach park has nothing to do with it.....news stated the homeless guy lives around the area, but Allenby was found in a planter on Kapiolani & Piikoi.....that is the building of the Amuse wine bar.....Regardless the Guy was no where, 2 miles or 6 miles, near Waikiki......considering that the whole island is 10 miles wide LOL! (embellishment).........

Seriously still not making any sense....
[/quote]

I brought up the beach park because it is nearby as a data point to describe the area and the homeless problem that Honolulu has. I'm not saying all homeless are violent, but I'm not going to make a point of hanging out with meth addicts if I don't have to.
Digressing more...The beach park It isn't much farther than the Ala Moana Mall that you brought up, nor the 5 shady strip clubs within a 5 block radius.
You sort of made my point, though. Waikiki is a 20 minute walk from the wine bar. You might have flippantly said Amuse is 6 miles from Waikiki, but you live here. I hear visitors say that they're in Waikiki as soon as they get off the boat at Aloha Tower - 6 miles away. My point - the distance discrepancy isn't enough to call a visitor's story on the island with a head injury a messed up story in my opinion (whether self inflicted or not).
[/quote]

FWIW, I lived on Oahu from 1999 to 2003 and I couldn't tell you where Honolulu ends and Waikiki begins.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kiwi2' timestamp='1421891869' post='10794461']
[quote name='Malvern' timestamp='1421890265' post='10794285']
Kiwi2, spirited defence my antipodean brother, you kinda lost me on the Chamberlain stuff, but push on.
[/quote]

We gotta stick together other than when we take the field at Eden Park. Then it is war :-)

Chamberlain:

1: to point out why I took offence to the dingo joke.
2: to show that she was innocent despite what everyone thought was an implausible story (like Allenby) at the time.

Yes. there appear to be flaws in Allenbys recall. But if he was unconcious for a time, that is understandable. I think some of the speculation has been pretty crass.
I have no issue with people questioning his story. I have big issue with some of the ugly slurs being cast.

I believe the reasonable thing to do is to wait until the investigations have concluded and if Allenby has intentionally done wrong then people can go for it (within the bounds of respectability), if they feel inclined. In the meantime he has done nothing, in my view, to warrant the libelous personal assaults.

He is 44, successful, and living what many people would feel is a dream .Why would he put his reputation at stake by knowingly making false public statements and drawing attention to himself?
[/quote]

Ahhhh, so you're one of the Robert Allenby fans Robert spoke of in his interview with Steve Sands...I was under the impression they ran with the Yowie's.

You have to realize that your 2nd premise has holes...there were no witnesses to corroborate the Dingo story you presented. The exact opposite is the case in this instance...

Getting that offended by some comments on a golf message board is tad suspect. RA??

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1421884003' post='10793633']
[size=7][color=#B22222][b]ATTENTION WRXERS!!!![/b][/color][/size]

[size=5]A grave injustice has come to my attention.[/size]

We have 21 pages dedicated to Robert Allenby while Tiger stands toothless with only 5 paltry pages.

[size=5]Today is the day Golf Died. [/size]
:russian_roulette:
[/quote]

So true. But at least we're not trying "to break the internet" with Kim Garbagian big butt pictures!! LOL.

[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1421890602' post='10794321']
[quote name='stryper' timestamp='1421888450' post='10794091']
[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1421883145' post='10793565']
[quote name='Kiwi2' timestamp='1421882570' post='10793511']
[quote name='stu_man' timestamp='1421882123' post='10793463']
Kiwi2.. Lighten up dude/ma'am. maybe the dingo ate your baby is a quote from Seinfeld. It's a joke.
[/quote]

If so it is an ignorant and extremely tastless one.
[/quote]

It is also a quote from a hilarious Simpsons episode.

[u]Lighten up Francis.[/u]
[/quote]

From [i]Stripes[/i], of course....
[/quote]

Thank you stryper. That was the one thing in this hold thread that was making me nuts.

"Back home they call me the cruiser"
"They should've called you the dork"
Lol
[/quote]

Awesome, sir...and a tip of the hat to you as well. ?

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

Kiwi I get why your upset, but honestly Allenby calling out AK several years ago went above and beyond proper sportsmanship in my mind, so while I won't be joining in on ripping him apart I certainly see why many are.

I have had a head injury so I get why Allenby could be confused the day after about events of the evening, I don't remember much of anything for the week after I was hospitalized but some of that may have been the drugs they were giving me. This whole story is getting crazy given what all the involved parties are saying, I have a feeling we may never know the whole truth.

[quote name='Guia' timestamp='1421899405' post='10795343']
I was Newfoundland (Stevenville if I recall correctly) in 1968 and didn't see any Dingos.
[/quote]

Gula Gula Gula
Ya really messed that one up buddy! It's Stephenville and you WERE NOT Newfoundland. I've met Newfoundland face first and you were not it. Okay! And next time look closer. You can't miss them Dingos.

why is the witness contradicting himself, he goes from saying this in an interview

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421828030&x-yt-cl=84411374&v=1wc6tpJdF_c#t=135"]https://www.youtube....c6tpJdF_c#t=135[/url]

to this in another

[b]Nine News reports that homeless local Toa Kaili said he and his friend discovered Allenby while he was unconscious and uninjured on the footpath on the night of the attack.
“I was like, ‘OK mister, you were passed out on sidewalk,’” Kaili told local

Kaili claimed Allenby, 43, was confused but not injured at the time, and became hostile when he realised his wallet and phone were missing, accusing Kaili of robbing him — an allegation Kaili denied.
“He goes, ‘You better give me back my stuff,’” Kaili said.

Kaili said Allenby was shouting, “Give me back my wallet, you know who the hell I am? I have a million dollars. You know who the hell I am?”, according to his interview with [url="http://khon2.com/2015/01/20/homeless-man-denies-attack-claims-pro-golfer-passed-out-on-sidewalk/"]KHON2 News[/url].[/b]
[b]In a separate interview with Nine News, Kaili said he left Allenby and returned to the location about two hours later, where the golfer was lying on the footpath with blood on his face[/b].
[b]Kaili said Allenby told him, “I have millions of dollars. I’m a professional golfer”, Nine News reported.
“I was like, oh no, brother, we’re the ones who woke you up. We’re the ones that were helping you.[/b]

[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1421901231' post='10795493']
why is the witness contradicting himself, he goes from saying this in an interview

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421828030&x-yt-cl=84411374&v=1wc6tpJdF_c#t=135"]https://www.youtube....c6tpJdF_c#t=135[/url]

to this in another

[b]Nine News reports that homeless local Toa Kaili said he and his friend discovered Allenby while he was unconscious and uninjured on the footpath on the night of the attack.
“I was like, ‘OK mister, you were passed out on sidewalk,’” Kaili told local

Kaili claimed Allenby, 43, was confused but not injured at the time, and became hostile when he realised his wallet and phone were missing, accusing Kaili of robbing him — an allegation Kaili denied.
“He goes, ‘You better give me back my stuff,’” Kaili said.

Kaili said Allenby was shouting, “Give me back my wallet, you know who the hell I am? I have a million dollars. You know who the hell I am?”, according to his interview with [url="http://khon2.com/2015/01/20/homeless-man-denies-attack-claims-pro-golfer-passed-out-on-sidewalk/"]KHON2 News[/url].[/b]
[b]In a separate interview with Nine News, Kaili said he left Allenby and returned to the location about two hours later, where the golfer was lying on the footpath with blood on his face[/b].
[b]Kaili said Allenby told him, “I have millions of dollars. I’m a professional golfer”, Nine News reported.
“I was like, oh no, brother, we’re the ones who woke you up. We’re the ones that were helping you.[/b]
[/quote]

well if he made those comments then he was literally inviting trouble upon himself.

Epon EF-02D Diamana x17 6s

Epon AF-256 #3 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-256 #5 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-906 23 Tensei Ck pw hb90

Epon AF-506 #5-aw Tensei AM2Ws

Epon Tour wedge M56 DG spinner

Tad Moore handmade blade 

No, I didn't mess it up, thought I might be spelling it wrong. When I was in the Air Force and stationed in CA, two airmen came to us that had been stationed there as Scope Dopes (the guys that track traffic and write backwards on glass). They were crazy about the place and I went with them on vacation there for about a week. We partied hard and had a great time.

I spent 40 years traveling for the military and some federal agencies, you might be surprised at the places I have been. You blew it.

Maybe the dingo ate his baby.

Possibly the sickest post I have ever read on this forum.

Read and consider this:

"Alice Lynne "Lindy" Chamberlain-Creighton (born 4 March 1948) is a New Zealand-born Australian woman who was at the centre of one of Australia's most publicised murder trials. Originally accused and convicted of killing her nine-week old daughter, Azaria, while camping at Uluru (then known as Ayers Rock) in 1980, she maintained that she saw a dingo leave the tent where Azaria slept on the night she disappeared. Eight years later, her conviction was overturned after the discovery of new evidence, and both she and her then-husband Michael Chamberlain were acquitted of all charges.

She was adjudged wrongly convicted after having spent three years in prison for murdering her baby, and having given birth to her fourth child while a prisoner. In 1992, she received $1.3 million compensation from the Australian government for wrongful imprisonment.[1] As the result of a fourth inquest in 2012, an Australian coroner made a ruling that a dingo had indeed taken baby Azaria from the campsite in 1980 and had caused her death."

In the main this thread is nothing but continual speculation and unsubstantiated personal assault. If the events turn out to be different to what Allenby believes consider the possible effects of concussion. If indeed he was drugged then is it his fault that he may have some things mixed up.

Who are you going to give the benefit of any doubt to. A homeless man, who lives on the streets of Honolulu, who according to a report has cast doubt (no, I am not referring to the homeless woman who helped him) or a high profile public figure who has a history of giving both time and money to deserving causes. Does anyone remember Jarrod Lyle? Ask him about Allenby's character. How about Stuart Appleby. Ask him. But you guys know better.

Some of the speculation comes across as baseless vindictive and tasteless fiction.

Allenby_zps92sk0pev.jpg

Man I didn't know Dingo jokes were so controversial and off limits. And his undiagnosed concussion and unsubstantiated drugging are causing him to lie and continue to lie for days after his little incident? Because he has money and is a public figure he is incapable of lying? If you don't have money you lack character and will lie for absolutely no reason about something that doesn't benefit you or affect you in anyway. The hero homeless lady even has a totally different story then his. But I guess we should all believe him. Staurt Appleby thinks he's a good guy.

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1421857094' post='10790689']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1421854519' post='10790315']
the first few pages of this thread are now pretty funny in retrospect. especially holy moses' posts 'defending' allenby's story. frickin hilarious.
[/quote]

Someone wrote that the people posting in this thread "should hang their heads in shame." That's awesome.
[/quote]

Lets not forget the person who told us to try getting out a little more and that we might be surprised by what happens outside our country clubs and office.

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1421892178' post='10794501']
[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1421890115' post='10794273']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1421885252' post='10793749']
Just doesnt make sense..... The first reports were already confusing....... He stated he was drinking in Waikiki and found 6 miles outside when he was mugged and dropped off.

He confirmed he was Drinking at the Amuse Wine bar that IS NOT IN WAIKIKI......It is 6 miles outside of Waikiki LOL.....so already his story was messed up from the beginning.......

His story doesn't add up and him getting mugged in that area......highly unlikely........
[/quote]

Picking nits...Amuse is less than 2 miles from Waikiki depending on your definition but it certainly isn't 6 miles. I live down the street as well, and I've walked home from Amuse plenty of times in the dark. I don't think the area is unsafe, but it seems that there are more and more "unsavory characters" in the entire area despite being 3 blocks from $4000/month apartment buildings. I wouldn't walk in Ala Moana Beach Park 2 blocks away after sunset.
It is, however, 6 miles from Kahala. These distances, in my opinion, are 2 things a visitor might get confused especially after taking a blow to the head. I had a few football teammates that couldn't remember what day of the week it was after a hit from a linebacker.
I'm not saying the rest of Allenby's story adds up, but there are certain elements that could easily be confused.
[/quote]

Fair enough, I am sorry I probably embellished like RA did LOL...... Ala Moana beach park, they are harmless.....I know cause 1 time I had the mean $#!ts......about 11:30pm ran into Ala Moan Beach Park to take a massive dump....they sleeping in the stalls....told them sorry boys and I unloaded the kids at the pool.....They never bothered me or tried to mug me.......

[/quote]

I've heard going out for pu-pu's was quite popular there, but this isn't what I imagined.

What Is and What Should Never Be

[quote name='moose557' timestamp='1421902369' post='10795585']
[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1421857094' post='10790689']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1421854519' post='10790315']
the first few pages of this thread are now pretty funny in retrospect. especially holy moses' posts 'defending' allenby's story. frickin hilarious.
[/quote]

Someone wrote that the people posting in this thread "should hang their heads in shame." That's awesome.
[/quote]

Lets not forget the person who told us to try getting a little more and that we might be surprised by what happens outside our country clubs and office.
[/quote]

I particularly enjoyed that comment also, having been around the world quite a few times myself due to deployments...err, business trips I mean.

[quote name='Guia' timestamp='1421901436' post='10795515']
No, I didn't mess it up, thought I might be spelling it wrong. When I was in the Air Force and stationed in CA, two airmen came to us that had been stationed there as Scope Dopes (the guys that track traffic and write backwards on glass). They were crazy about the place and I went with them on vacation there for about a week. We partied hard and had a great time.

I spent 40 years traveling for the military and some federal agencies, you might be surprised at the places I have been. You blew it.
[/quote]Pretty sure he was just joking...

first his story timeline changes and gets it backwards and the the next story 2 hours becomes 10 mins later and even knows how allenbys face got hammered

[indent=1]
[size=4][b]"I was like, 'Hey brother, you got to wake up because the sidewalk sweepers are going to come. You don't want to get swept up,'" said Kaili. "So it took him about nine minutes before he got to his senses and when I got him up his feet, I said 'Okay. Check if you got everything on you.' And that's when he noticed, like, 'I don't got my phone or my wallet.'"[/b][/size][/indent]

[size=4][b]According to Kaili, he and his friend Chris assisted Allenby in looking for his phone and wallet. Kaili says Allenby had no facial wound at the time and was becoming agitated and angry, so Kaili left. Chris supposedly stayed behind to help Allenby into a cab, but that didn't go swimmingly: [/b][/size]
[indent=1]
[size=1][size=4][b]Ten minutes later, Kaili decided to return to the intersection and noticed Allenby's face was bloody. "I was like, 'Chris, what the hell happened?' And he was like, 'Oh, my God. While I was trying to wave cabs down, he was nodding out, then he passed out, fell face first and slammed in a rock.[/b][/size]'[/size][/indent]

[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1421903255' post='10795659']
first his story timeline changes and gets it backwards and the the next story 2 hours becomes 10 mins later and even knows how allenbys face got hammered

[indent=1]
[size=4][b]"I was like, 'Hey brother, you got to wake up because the sidewalk sweepers are going to come. You don't want to get swept up,'" said Kaili. "So it took him about nine minutes before he got to his senses and when I got him up his feet, I said 'Okay. Check if you got everything on you.' And that's when he noticed, like, 'I don't got my phone or my wallet.'"[/b][/size][/indent]

[size=4][b]According to Kaili, he and his friend Chris assisted Allenby in looking for his phone and wallet. Kaili says Allenby had no facial wound at the time and was becoming agitated and angry, so Kaili left. Chris supposedly stayed behind to help Allenby into a cab, but that didn't go swimmingly: [/b][/size]

[indent=1]
[size=1][size=4][b]Ten minutes later, Kaili decided to return to the intersection and noticed Allenby's face was bloody. "I was like, 'Chris, what the hell happened?' And he was like, 'Oh, my God. While I was trying to wave cabs down, he was nodding out, then he passed out, fell face first and slammed in a rock.[/b][/size]'[/size][/indent]
[/quote]

You should put your investigative skills to work figuring out which baby ate that dingo in Newfoundland.

homeless lady says they were going to try and scam allenby

[b][size=4]Yesterday that homeless woman, Charade Keane, disputed Allenby's story, telling various Hawaiian news stations that in fact she found him down the street from the wine bar, where he was arguing with two homeless men. Keane says she tried to help Allenby find his phone and wallet, but the two homeless men didn't have them and instead tried to enlist her in scamming Allenby, after which she helped him get away[/size][/b]

Off subject but interesting......probably only to me. The lady in Australia who said that a Dingo took her baby went to jail because there was no history of Dingo's eating children and her claims could not be proven. However, in the last few years she was exonerated due to forensic evidence and some more recent history of Dingo attacks.

I'm pretty sure there are no Dingo's in Hawaii.

Sounds more and more like Allenby was really s*** faced and passed out. Perhaps he was never beaten but just fell on the side walk and some passer bye or homeless person relieved him of his wallet and money.

Curious if he has a reputation as a drinker.

[quote name='Arafel' timestamp='1421903623' post='10795673']
[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1421903255' post='10795659']

[indent=1]
[b]"I was like, 'Hey brother, you got to wake up because the sidewalk sweepers are going to come. You don't want to get swept up,'" said Kaili. "So it took him about nine minutes before he got to his senses and when I got him up his feet, I said 'Okay. Check if you got everything on you.' And that's when he noticed, like, 'I don't got my phone or my wallet.'"[/b][/indent]

[b]According to Kaili, he and his friend Chris assisted Allenby in looking for his phone and wallet. Kaili says Allenby had no facial wound at the time and was becoming agitated and angry, so Kaili left. Chris supposedly stayed behind to help Allenby into a cab, but that didn't go swimmingly: [/b]

[indent=1]
[/quote]

You should put your investigative skills to work figuring out which baby ate that dingo in Newfoundland.
[/quote]

Ha!!