Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have meet Allenby. My immediate impression was that he is not a likeable bloke. Self important and all to willing to let you know. Happily we both enjoy the same amount of success in majors.

As an Australian it takes a lot to dislike an Aussie doing well on the world stage. Allenby enjoyed success for a while but others such as Scott and Day have left him well behind. Those two guys are generally liked as are blokes like Ogilvy, Appleby and Bowditch.

Why would that be? Clearly here in Australia and in the US Allenby has had success. He is more successful than both Appleby and Bowditch, arguably more than Ogilvy despite him winning a major. Yet he fails completely to get anywhere near most people to admire him let alone like him.

Allenby apparently does a lot for charity...the yellow duck head cover and pin on his hat... thats a charitable organisation he spruiks in australia and I'm certain they are grateful for this. Good on him. He talks about it all the time and is visable on him save when he has been "taken" and been "hit in a carpark".

Surely that is something to admire. Yet most don't.

Instead we give hero status to blokes like Pat Rafter. Won his first US open in 1997 and tried desperately to keep secret his donation of half the prize money to the Starlight foundation that make wishes come true to kids with terminal illnesses. Did the same thing in 1998. Loved by most Aussies.

Sadly Allenby is an Australian. Worse, I actively don't want this bloke to de well in golf. My love for his crappy putting knows no bounds.

Allenby will tell you that's jealousy, tall poppy syndrome etc... Problem is Robbie, I WANT everyone else to succeed, just not you.

Maybe Brady should just walk around screaming "I GOT MILLIONS!!!!"...

(hangs head)

He should walk around saying my wife makes just under $50 million a year and looks like this:

280x425.jpg

I believe she is now a billionaire. Yes, that's billionaire with a B.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Maybe Brady should just walk around screaming "I GOT MILLIONS!!!!"...

(hangs head)

He should walk around saying my wife makes just under $50 million a year and looks like this:

280x425.jpg

I believe she is now a billionaire. Yes, that's billionaire with a B.

Maybe she is the one who took the air out of Brady's balls?

[quote name='rodders' timestamp='1422089337' post='10808449']
I have meet Allenby. My immediate impression was that he is not a likeable bloke. Self important and all to willing to let you know. Happily we both enjoy the same amount of success in majors.

As an Australian it takes a lot to dislike an Aussie doing well on the world stage. Allenby enjoyed success for a while but others such as Scott and Day have left him well behind. Those two guys are generally liked as are blokes like Ogilvy, Appleby and Bowditch.

Why would that be? Clearly here in Australia and in the US Allenby has had success. He is more successful than both Appleby and Bowditch, arguably more than Ogilvy despite him winning a major. Yet he fails completely to get anywhere near most people to admire him let alone like him.

Allenby apparently does a lot for charity...the yellow duck head cover and pin on his hat... thats a charitable organisation he spruiks in australia and I'm certain they are grateful for this. Good on him. He talks about it all the time and is visable on him save when he has been "taken" and been "hit in a carpark".

Surely that is something to admire. Yet most don't.

Instead we give hero status to blokes like Pat Rafter. Won his first US open in 1997 and tried desperately to keep secret his donation of half the prize money to the Starlight foundation that make wishes come true to kids with terminal illnesses. Did the same thing in 1998. Loved by most Aussies.

Sadly Allenby is an Australian. Worse, I actively don't want this bloke to de well in golf. My love for his crappy putting knows no bounds.

Allenby will tell you that's jealousy, tall poppy syndrome etc... Problem is Robbie, I WANT everyone else to succeed, just not you.
[/quote]

You have more insight than I do, let me ask this, has RA have a history of going on benders waking up in the gutter? I don't know? I would think guys his age (and mine) know when we have had enough. And don't want to cross the line.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

In the event that the original explanation of events turns out to be false, I would suggest that Mr Allenby would owe an apology to the Amuse Wine Bar, The Honolulu P.D., The State of Hawaii, SONY Corp, and The PGA. With Tourism being such a huge part of the economy of the State of Hawaii; Stories like this can have a significant negative impact on tourists planning a trip there. It certainly is not good for the sponsor of a professional golf tournament, and the PGA is starting to rival the NFL for bad press.

The only Positive element of this story is the complete and total euphoria experienced by a large percentage of the members of The Golfwrx Forum. This is the type of story that is "Tailor Made" for most of the members of this forum. There is also, a much smaller percentage of it's members that enjoy talking about Golf, however that faction has dwindled considerably and should be nonexistent in the near future. :cheesy:

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

[quote name='rony' timestamp='1422111054' post='10809111']
In the event that the original explanation of events turns out to be false, I would suggest that Mr Allenby would owe an apology to the Amuse Wine Bar, The Honolulu P.D., The State of Hawaii, SONY Corp, and The PGA. With Tourism being such a huge part of the economy of the State of Hawaii; Stories like this can have a significant negative impact on tourists planning a trip there. It certainly is not good for the sponsor of a professional golf tournament, and the PGA is starting to rival the NFL for bad press.

The only Positive element of this story is the complete and total euphoria experienced by a large percentage of the members of The Golfwrx Forum. This is the type of story that is "Tailor Made" for most of the members of this forum. There is also, a much smaller percentage of it's members that enjoy talking about Golf, however that faction has dwindled considerably and should be nonexistent in the near future. :cheesy:
[/quote]

He should also reimburse the costs of the investigation.

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1421543738' post='10766599']
Wild stuff. I hope Robert recovers completely, and I hope the perps are caught and brutalized ... er, uh ... punished appropriately.
[/quote]

So the perps again?

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

Rex Hoggard was just on the Golf Channel and now Allenby is saying part of his "recollection" of what happened is based upon what people have told him has happened. The police are only looking at this as a second degree burglary (whatever that means) with the possibility of assault down the road. Allenby said (according to Hoggard) that he remembers being punched in the face twice.

So far, the cost of the investigation is $20K.

B7-bJkVIMAALc4z.png

AK was a beast!!!

Fixed it for ya. ;)

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1422126970' post='10810433']What I don't understand is how the reports are saying people have now run up $20,000 on his credit card - which is up from $10,000. How does that happen? Wouldn't the cards have been cancelled almost immediately?[/quote]

The best way to find out who stole Allenby's credit card is to get them on video using it

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422130567' post='10810711']
[quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1422126970' post='10810433']What I don't understand is how the reports are saying people have now run up $20,000 on his credit card - which is up from $10,000. How does that happen? Wouldn't the cards have been cancelled almost immediately?[/quote]

The best way to find out who stole Allenby's credit card is to get them on video using it
[/quote]
Just running up the tab letting this farce play out.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='TJCDAS' timestamp='1422115277' post='10809465']Robert Allenby has issued an apology to the the state of Hawaii and the 500 spectators at the Hawaiian tour events. He realizes the economic impact to the state if they lost 25 or even 50% of the spectators.[/quote]

Please post apology i see nothing of the sort and i feel this narcistic individual wont apologize .

Pics or it didnt happen. Trying to cover for him......

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422130887' post='10810749']

[/quote]
[/quote]I guess. I would be a little pissy if I were the credit card company...I suppose they are insured.

[quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1422136060' post='10811169']

[/quote]
[/quote]I guess. I would be a little pissy if I were the credit card company...I suppose they are insured.
[/quote]

Maybe they are working with the police and are allowing it to happen

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422138621' post='10811357']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Maybe. Maybe they're the one group of people in this world who besides you who still believe in Allenby. Or maybe in the end, he'll still be on the hook for all the charges, once their credit fraud department finishes their investigation of this whole thing.

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422139096' post='10811395']
[/quote]
Maybe. Maybe they're the one group of people in this world who besides you who still believe in Allenby. Or maybe in the end, he'll still be on the hook for all the charges, once their credit fraud department finishes their investigation of this whole thing.
[/quote]

I can assure you Allenby's credit card company knows that his card is stolen.

I never said I completely believed Allenby. But I find it amusing that you think I do.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Serious question, just because I'm bored. So, let's presume they are working with the Honolulu police. They have someone continuing to rack up charges, could be $20K, $25K whatever. We know the merchant isn't going to accept not being paid, the credit card company won't want to pay, the insurance company would say WTF you know it's stolen you should have locked it down, so who pays? The taxpayers of Honolulu?

[quote name='playa' timestamp='1422141062' post='10811517']
Things just keep going from bad to worse for RA. This story is moving with the momentum of a.runaway freight train and will soon be over 1, 000 posts. 1,000 post thread about Robert Allenby, what odds could you have got for that?
[/quote]

1,000/1 of course

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

There is no way the credit card company knows his cards are stolen and would just allow them to keep being used for 10s of thousands and reimburse him for those charges. If he wants them kept open to catch the people he has to be assuming the financial lost. Also, I know police say it's an active investigation, but I think at this point police are not devoting a lot of man power and resources to track and catch these guys. Especially now that they must be pissed that his story was complete BS and he has had them running in circles. He should of just cancelled them the next morning and chalked it up to a drunken night like everyone else who dont have millions would of done.

[quote name='moose557' timestamp='1422141876' post='10811573']
There is no way the credit card company knows his cards are stolen and would just allow them to keep being used for 10s of thousands and reimburse him for those charges. If he wants them kept open to catch the people he has to be assuming the financial lost. Also, I know police say it's an active investigation, but I think at this point police are not devoting a lot of man power and resources to track and catch these guys. Especially now that they must be pissed that his story was complete BS and he has had them running in circles. He should of just cancelled them the next morning and chalked it up to a drunken night like everyone else who dont have millions would of done.
[/quote]
See here's the thing there's a big difference between credit cards being stolen and they're being unauthorized use of the credit card. At this point it's highly questionable whether or not the credit cards and his wallet were "stolen."
Based on the stories floating around it's likely he just lost his wallet at this point. But is not admitting it to keep the story alive.
And if that's the case, then he is allowing "unauthorized usage. "And that would be credit card fraud.

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422139933' post='10811437']
[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422139096' post='10811395']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I can assure you Allenby's credit card company knows that his card is stolen.

I never said I completely believed Allenby. But I find it amusing that you think I do.
[/quote]
So you're finally on board with the rest of the world that Robert Allenby is lying? Before you were hedging your bets on "the let the facts come out" or whatever the quote was.