2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

rory putter releasing 4.15.15?

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1429326603' post='11385179']
[quote name='Anser' timestamp='1429325787' post='11385097']lol

lots of people justifying now :)

as if the people buying them on ebay read golfwrx or care one iota about it being milled or not - they're buying hype not milling[/quote]

If they're for sale on eBay there's not many buying them especially the ones with $4-$5k price tags.
[/quote]

how do you know how many have sold?

of course nobody is gonna buy the 5k one lol

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Whatsinthebag' timestamp='1429327358' post='11385249']
If you didn't get one, check it out at $450.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Method-006-Prototype-Rory-Mcilroy-Limited-Putter-Only-1000-made-IN-HAND-/261855823136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf7d2c520
[/quote]

It's a auction though with no buy it now. It will be interested to see how high it goes.

[quote name='Whatsinthebag' timestamp='1429327358' post='11385249']
If you didn't get one, check it out at $450.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Method-006-Prototype-Rory-Mcilroy-Limited-Putter-Only-1000-made-IN-HAND-/261855823136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf7d2c520
[/quote]

It's a auction though with no buy it now. It will be interested to see how high it goes.

[quote name='Anser' timestamp='1429327546' post='11385257'][quote name='govols' timestamp='1429326603' post='11385179']

as if the people buying them on ebay read golfwrx or care one iota about it being milled or not - they're buying hype not milling[/quote]

If they're for sale on eBay there's not many buying them especially the ones with $4-$5k price tags.
[/quote]

of course nobody is gonna buy the 5k one lol[/quote]look at completed auctions.

[quote name='Anser' timestamp='1429327546' post='11385257'][quote name='govols' timestamp='1429326603' post='11385179']

[/quote]

of course nobody is gonna buy the 5k one lol[/quote]look at completed auctions.

So I've been reading what everyone has been saying and I'm very confused as to how I should feel about my purchase now. I was one of the "lucky" ones who refreshed for 30 minutes until I actually could purchase a putter and felt really great about it. I love Nike products and have been gaming their stuff for years now. What I have always wanted was a true Oven putter and when this finally came about, I thought....THIS IS MY CHANCE!! Was very excited just like most everyone. So I received the putter yesterday and proudly took it into play immediately and putted very well with it. Was -2 for the day and I felt it was a proper replacement for my trusty 006 Midnight, which I had been using since it came out several years ago. After all this negative talk now and seeing the sticker which says "head made in China"....I feel kinda upset. The Oven logo is printed on and through enough time and wear, I'm sure that will come off. Nike said that, yeah it's not made at the Oven but was designed there!?.....well then I guess every putter that we purchase from them should have an Oven logo, because aren't they ALL designed there??

So yes I'm feeling like a lot of you now....like I actually got a cool product but only to find out after I purchased it, what it really is. A china made replica. A REPLICA!!..I hate that word. They should not have tried to get us to think we were actually buying Rory's game putter because that was clearly what they were doing and that's exactly why these putters flew off the internet shelf immediately. I feel like Nike should say something about this but I know they won't. Bad form I guess. Anyone else who has one now, feel the same?

So I've been reading what everyone has been saying and I'm very confused as to how I should feel about my purchase now. I was one of the "lucky" ones who refreshed for 30 minutes until I actually could purchase a putter and felt really great about it. I love Nike products and have been gaming their stuff for years now. What I have always wanted was a true Oven putter and when this finally came about, I thought....THIS IS MY CHANCE!! Was very excited just like most everyone. So I received the putter yesterday and proudly took it into play immediately and putted very well with it. Was -2 for the day and I felt it was a proper replacement for my trusty 006 Midnight, which I had been using since it came out several years ago. After all this negative talk now and seeing the sticker which says "head made in China"....I feel kinda upset. The Oven logo is printed on and through enough time and wear, I'm sure that will come off. Nike said that, yeah it's not made at the Oven but was designed there!?.....well then I guess every putter that we purchase from them should have an Oven logo, because aren't they ALL designed there??

So yes I'm feeling like a lot of you now....like I actually got a cool product but only to find out after I purchased it, what it really is. A china made replica. A REPLICA!!..I hate that word. They should not have tried to get us to think we were actually buying Rory's game putter because that was clearly what they were doing and that's exactly why these putters flew off the internet shelf immediately. I feel like Nike should say something about this but I know they won't. Bad form I guess. Anyone else who has one now, feel the same?

[quote name='Boogaloo_Jones' timestamp='1429146738' post='11369565']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1429143846' post='11369257']
[quote name='hyunsbuns' timestamp='1429130374' post='11367825']Good job on those who got Nike to listen and congrats to those who were fortunate enough to get it... now lets try to get Nike to release the volt colored head on its drivers! #releasethevolt[/quote]
I heard this is a possibility.
[/quote]

If the volt colored driver, is released, I'm definitely going to try and get one!
[/quote]

Hey Boogaloo, could you please PM ME ASAP?

Thanks

[quote name='Boogaloo_Jones' timestamp='1429146738' post='11369565']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1429143846' post='11369257']
[quote name='hyunsbuns' timestamp='1429130374' post='11367825']Good job on those who got Nike to listen and congrats to those who were fortunate enough to get it... now lets try to get Nike to release the volt colored head on its drivers! #releasethevolt[/quote]
I heard this is a possibility.
[/quote]

If the volt colored driver, is released, I'm definitely going to try and get one!
[/quote]

Hey Boogaloo, could you please PM ME ASAP?

Thanks

[quote name='SAV31324' timestamp='1429361028' post='11386291']So I've been reading what everyone has been saying and I'm very confused as to how I should feel about my purchase now. I was one of the "lucky" ones who refreshed for 30 minutes until I actually could purchase a putter and felt really great about it. I love Nike products and have been gaming their stuff for years now. What I have always wanted was a true Oven putter and when this finally came about, I thought....THIS IS MY CHANCE!! Was very excited just like most everyone. So I received the putter yesterday and proudly took it into play immediately and putted very well with it. Was -2 for the day and I felt it was a proper replacement for my trusty 006 Midnight, which I had been using since it came out several years ago. After all this negative talk now and seeing the sticker which says "head made in China"....I feel kinda upset. The Oven logo is printed on and through enough time and wear, I'm sure that will come off. Nike said that, yeah it's not made at the Oven but was designed there!?.....well then I guess every putter that we purchase from them should have an Oven logo, because aren't they ALL designed there??

So yes I'm feeling like a lot of you now....like I actually got a cool product but only to find out after I purchased it, what it really is. A china made replica. A REPLICA!!..I hate that word. They should not have tried to get us to think we were actually buying Rory's game putter because that was clearly what they were doing and that's exactly why these putters flew off the internet shelf immediately. I feel like Nike should say something about this but I know they won't. Bad form I guess. Anyone else who has one now, feel the same?[/quote]

I get my putter Tuesday, jus thinking it this way. your 1 and a 1,000 that have the replica putter. Nike listen to everyone b**** about making the putter and they do and it's sad that the ones who do get it still aren't happy. did you really think you would really get " the oven " putter? NO! sorry to say, no one will unless your a tour player/best friends with one. think real hard, the MMProto irons are prob the same way also. and you do you really think that guy who makes the irons/putters is going to spend his day handcrafting 1,000 putter heads jus for the public? hell no! sorry man if it was handmade don't you think it would way more then 450. like I said I get mine next week n you said it performs good so that's all that matters to me. sorry you can't brag to your friends that you got a proto 006 putter with the oven stamped. lol least you got the headcover and it looks exact same as the golf collection headcover with out the handclap n the word golf and trimmed in black stitching. jus sell it for1,000 on eBay. lol

[quote name='SAV31324' timestamp='1429361028' post='11386291']So I've been reading what everyone has been saying and I'm very confused as to how I should feel about my purchase now. I was one of the "lucky" ones who refreshed for 30 minutes until I actually could purchase a putter and felt really great about it. I love Nike products and have been gaming their stuff for years now. What I have always wanted was a true Oven putter and when this finally came about, I thought....THIS IS MY CHANCE!! Was very excited just like most everyone. So I received the putter yesterday and proudly took it into play immediately and putted very well with it. Was -2 for the day and I felt it was a proper replacement for my trusty 006 Midnight, which I had been using since it came out several years ago. After all this negative talk now and seeing the sticker which says "head made in China"....I feel kinda upset. The Oven logo is printed on and through enough time and wear, I'm sure that will come off. Nike said that, yeah it's not made at the Oven but was designed there!?.....well then I guess every putter that we purchase from them should have an Oven logo, because aren't they ALL designed there??

So yes I'm feeling like a lot of you now....like I actually got a cool product but only to find out after I purchased it, what it really is. A china made replica. A REPLICA!!..I hate that word. They should not have tried to get us to think we were actually buying Rory's game putter because that was clearly what they were doing and that's exactly why these putters flew off the internet shelf immediately. I feel like Nike should say something about this but I know they won't. Bad form I guess. Anyone else who has one now, feel the same?[/quote]

I get my putter Tuesday, jus thinking it this way. your 1 and a 1,000 that have the replica putter. Nike listen to everyone b**** about making the putter and they do and it's sad that the ones who do get it still aren't happy. did you really think you would really get " the oven " putter? NO! sorry to say, no one will unless your a tour player/best friends with one. think real hard, the MMProto irons are prob the same way also. and you do you really think that guy who makes the irons/putters is going to spend his day handcrafting 1,000 putter heads jus for the public? hell no! sorry man if it was handmade don't you think it would way more then 450. like I said I get mine next week n you said it performs good so that's all that matters to me. sorry you can't brag to your friends that you got a proto 006 putter with the oven stamped. lol least you got the headcover and it looks exact same as the golf collection headcover with out the handclap n the word golf and trimmed in black stitching. jus sell it for1,000 on eBay. lol