2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Yessir. Won our flight!!! Crystal vase. Pics coming when I get cell service.

Bad @$$!

Did you play with Rick and if so, was the XR Pro money?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Watching the Womens Open coverage a little bit today. They said that one of the leaders speaks almost no English - and her caddie speaks zero Korean. They communicate mostly by him drawing pictures in the yardage book - and then she still has to convert the yardage to meters.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Left over right! A lot of the pics we are holding crystal, so difficult to OCRick it. (and he used ol trusty driver, although he does really like the new one...)

Had a blast. Great flight. Awesome time. Better stories. Will post a bit Monday when I get a minute. In the mean time gonna work thru a s-ton more Miller lite with water chaser and save the buffalo trace for when I can savor it.

Anyone else watch the premier of "The Night Of".

God damnnnn.

got around to it. I've heard a lot of hype this week. It lived up to it.

Really liked the main character and the lead detective. Haven't seen with of them before that I know of.

And, got just a taste of Turturro and he's gonna be great.

Way to go Rick and Nerf. Looking forward to the recaps.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Man I am knocked on my a** today. In the last week I was on 3 cross country flights (one way) and in a couple of different hospitals for work. Planes and hospials are pretty much the two places to avoid if you want to stay healthy. 101 fever now.

Planes are basically flying petri dishes. I used to take vitamin c like crazy when I was flying every week. Get well soon, man!

Watching the Womens Open coverage a little bit today. They said that one of the leaders speaks almost no English - and her caddie speaks zero Korean. They communicate mostly by him drawing pictures in the yardage book - and then she still has to convert the yardage to meters.

I saw that too. But then they showed her and her caddie talking back and forth as she was deciding which club to take on her approach. I don't think she has mastered the English language, but I think she knows more than enough to communicate with him pretty effectively. The conversions would be a b**** though.

Friday afternoon I had wedge fitting with Andrew Hodson at Independence. Hit Miura, PXG, Callaway, and Ben Hogan. I hit the Miura first and wow...I couldn't get over the feel of the ball at impact and how the club was balanced. I tried it with a S300 AMT shaft and it felt fantastic. The PXG wasn't anything special and I have had the Callaway wedges in the past. The Callaway wedges do feel nice, but when compared to the Miura, the feel wasn't anywhere close. The Hogan wedges actually felt great but the head looked tiny behind the ball (it actually was roughly the same size of the others).

Ended up ordering three Miura wedges: 48* in a full grind, 53* and 58* in a grind with more heel relief to allow me some more flexibility with those shots. The S300 AMTs were a bit spinny so we are going to go with X100 AMTs.

On Saturday I shot a 96 on a relatively easy course (Hunting Hawk golf course - played it from the Black tees). I was spraying shots everywhere (4 OB tee shots) and couldn't hit a single green. I also three putted 5 greens. We teed off after some men's association group and they were so ridiculously slow. I could never find a rhythm and even though we teed off at 8:30 it was stupid hot and humid by 9:30.

Today I went up to Pendleton golf course in Ladysmith/Ruther Glen. My shots off the tee were great today. I didn't lose a single tee ball. My driver was dead straight and LONG. On the front I hit 4/7 fairways and on the back I hit 5/7 fairways. On each nine, I hit two "right misses" because I cut the corner using a hybrid off the tee to put me right in front of the green.

My approaches were good - especially with my wedges. I went more for the meat of the green rather than flag hunting on longer approaches and it paid off. However, sometimes it left me with some tricky side sloped, fast putts. I had pretty good success around the greens with chipping too. Unfortunately, I still had 5 three putts.

I ended up 5 over on the front and 7 over on the back, totaling in a 84 from the white tees (6090 yards) which is a 12.2 differential which I believe is my lowest of the year. One thing I noticed is that the GHIN app has the slope at 127 but the scorecard says 130. Overall, things just felt good today. I definitely need to put some time in on the practice green and stop losing strokes there.

got around to it. I've heard a lot of hype this week. It lived up to it.

Really liked the main character and the lead detective. Haven't seen with of them before that I know of.

And, got just a taste of Turturro and he's gonna be great.

Agree with all that, I think the main character is great and Turturro's character really has potential.

So I beat my previous "closest to a hole in one" today at Westwood. 190 yd par 3, hit a shot that never left the flag but then took a really weird looking bounce and shot dead right, we figured it just bounced off the pin which was cool enough. Got up to the green to find the front left of the cup completely caved in down to the liner. Best we could tell it flew into the hole and bounced off the liner, 25 feet away.

Unfortunately whatever I did to my back late last week didnt go away and I had to leave the match to go to the docs. Pulled muscle, 7-10 days off.

FWIW Westwood is a really awesome track. I've driven past it hundreds of times - its on 123 in between Tysons and Vienna. But just a nice set of holes and the bunkering is amazing. They did what I think MV is doing which is they went to that really white sand. It looks fantastic.

7 days off in the middle of summer really leads to some bad purchasing decisions.

Almost had a couple purchasing decisions of my own accord.

Went out to Frederick and Dick's Sporting goods. Initially went to the putters since for some reason I've been wanting to test out Odyssey putters. Must be this damn 'Callaway Conversion' that's in my head.

Anyway, I decided to try the #9 models since they are a hybrid blade/mallet. Rolled the White Hot 2.0 and the Versa as they did not have a Versa Works in the #9 model. Felt pretty good, even with the Superstroke putting grip. Rolled a 2 Ball Fang for shiggles and liked the weight, but no thanks on the overall look. Not sure if the Scotty will be in danger or not. I'll give it a little while longer before going elsewhere.

Went to the iron sets and took a gander. Saw some X-2 Hot irons and decided to take some cuts. Got into the launch monitor, but they did not feel well as I was swinging. I felt sorry for the salesman as I initially asked if he had a set in regular flex, but then told him never mind on the sale.

Went to Sports Authority and picked up the last 2 bags of Bamboo 'Nub' Tees for 6.50.

Followed that up with a trip to a nearby driving range. Biggest waste of time as I was just hacking instead of getting a true practice in. Although I did take the new MD3's out for some swings, mainly on a few 9 to 3 swings and a couple full shots. Those heads are heavy, and I believe I'll be needing to re-grip them ASAP since the 'Acid' green is pretty distracting.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Almost had a couple purchasing decisions of my own accord.

Went out to Frederick and Dick's Sporting goods. Initially went to the putters since for some reason I've been wanting to test out Odyssey putters. Must be this damn 'Callaway Conversion' that's in my head.

Anyway, I decided to try the #9 models since they are a hybrid blade/mallet. Rolled the White Hot 2.0 and the Versa as they did not have a Versa Works in the #9 model. Felt pretty good, even with the Superstroke putting grip. Rolled a 2 Ball Fang for shiggles and liked the weight, but no thanks on the overall look. Not sure if the Scotty will be in danger or not. I'll give it a little while longer before going elsewhere.

Went to the iron sets and took a gander. Saw some X-2 Hot irons and decided to take some cuts. Got into the launch monitor, but they did not feel well as I was swinging. I felt sorry for the salesman as I initially asked if he had a set in regular flex, but then told him never mind on the sale.

Went to Sports Authority and picked up the last 2 bags of Bamboo 'Nub' Tees for 6.50.

Followed that up with a trip to a nearby driving range. Biggest waste of time as I was just hacking instead of getting a true practice in. Although I did take the new MD3's out for some swings, mainly on a few 9 to 3 swings and a couple full shots. Those heads are heavy, and I believe I'll be needing to re-grip them ASAP since the 'Acid' green is pretty distracting.

XR and XR pros are now $200 off now.

protos F4

Staring at my used irons in the corner and can't decide what to do.

Keep, try to get a halfway ok price, or sell the shafts as pulls? No rust on the clubheads but they've got some healthy dings on them.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I saw, I'm going to wait until this paycheck and then make a purchase and trade in my AP2's at the same time. 2 birds with 1 stone deal.

I saw, I'm going to wait until this paycheck and then make a purchase and trade in my AP2's at the same time. 2 birds with 1 stone deal.

Buy the blades!

Buy the blades!

Buy the blades!

When I can play and beat you, Ramesh, and Kent in heads up/no strokes given in match play will be when I buy blades. Until then, not happening.

game changers.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

We are you going to get fitted?

protos F4

Buy the blades!

Buy the blades!

Buy the blades!

Maybe we can compromise and Golfer can buy some Callaway blades. Then everyone can be happy.

game changers.

Completely. For years I was ocd about finding a broken tee, white first, then natural, orange was a winner too. Black Trump everything. I would walk around the box like a chicken pecking around. Got some bamboo tees and I'm ready to go now. It's liberating actually.

No clue, honestly. Might go to Golfsmith, might go to Golfdom. The stock graphite was good in the XR, but I like the look to be as close to steel if I must go graphite. So, the Recoils are probably the ticket.

Anna is going to lose this on that penalty...

let this be a lesson.

I play with a LOT of guys... some of you... who hover the club VERY close to the sand. It's a bad habit. It's tough to hit a ball from hovering an inch over the sand, but you never do that.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I thought there was a stipulation about not calling penalties that can only be realized through the use of a HD camera.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

No clue, honestly. Might go to Golfsmith, might go to Golfdom. The stock graphite was good in the XR, but I like the look to be as close to steel if I must go graphite. So, the Recoils are probably the ticket.

I love me some Jim at Golfdom.

However, I'm a huge fan of Brandon at Nighthawk. The dude is a great fitter that breaks it down in multiple phases. I watched him fit Boogs and it was very in depth.

They also take trade ins based off Callaway values which are usually higher than other places.

protos F4

Being someone that battles with being a headcase myself, I cant believe how great Lang was on 17 there in the playoff. She hit an absolutely appalling iron shot on her 2nd shot and then got up and down on a really long pitch shot. You just dont see professionals hit iron shots that bad too often - then she gets up and down like its no big deal.

Well done right there, well done.

I love me some Jim at Golfdom.

However, I'm a huge fan of Brandon at Nighthawk. The dude is a great fitter that breaks it down in multiple phases. I watched him fit Boogs and it was very in depth.

They also take trade ins based off Callaway values which are usually higher than other places.

Nighthawk? What's Nighthawk?

I thought there was a stipulation about not calling penalties that can only be realized through the use of a HD camera.

this only applies to seeing the ball move. Not grounding in a bunker.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Golfer827..

Nighthawk golf center in Crofton.

Get fitted on mats but outside with a flight scope or the other one.

90 bucks but goes toward the iron purchase.

protos F4

Oh, I'll be in Northern VA for work on Wednesday and possibly Thursday. Do you guys ever play in NoVA or is it all southern MD?

Tough for us to play down there on week days unless it's a planned event. Domes plays out of a club in Haymarket area tho

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60