2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

You guys have no idea how many hours, day and night, at home and at work, I spend thinking about what clubs to carry between 4-iron to 3W. That even causes me the sleep debt sometimes.

And how much damn money I've wasted.

See if you can find last years M2 5W. Its 18*, really easy to hit off the tee *and* off the deck.

I've never had much comfort with 5Ws off the tee, but I'll take a look, thanks. My old Adams A12 hybrid has been the closest I've come to something consistently dual purpose, so that's back in the bag now.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

<REKT>

don't have it with me, sorry city. you got dibs tho.

If City don't like, I got second dibs.

If it makes it through first AND second dibs... I am interested in that shaft.

Price of that "deal" just changed. Nice work Eagle.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

I headed over to the casa de 2MT last night to check out his garage driving range, and shoot the breeze. He's got a sweet setup in there with the vector pro launch monitor, and room to swing every club in the bag.

It took me a bit to get comfortable swinging in there, and to figure out where I had to start the ball to produce an on-line shot according to the monitor. It looked like I was pushing everything about 40 yards for a bit, until I started stepping into my shots from behind and really getting lined up the proper direction. Once I got more dialed in, it was really impressive how accurate the monitor was. Based on on-course knowledge of my distances, the predicted carry seemed to be pretty much spot on for all the clubs I hit. When I could tell I hit one off the heel, you could see the ball flight was a little pull cut. Pretty cool stuff.

At one point I was hitting 3w off the deck, and the distances started dropping to like 200 carry on what felt like good shots. Turns out the ball had cracked. I've never cracked a golf ball in my life, but apparently it happens pretty regularly to 2MT since the balls stay out in the cold garage all the time. Swapped in a fresh ball, and all was right in the world again.

Talked some golf swing with 2MT, and about what he was working on from his lesson. Definitely gets pretty laid off at the top, but he's an athletic guy with a nice swing. He should really see some great improvements in his consistency if he can continue to have time and good health to keep up the practice.

Big up to 2MT for letting me crash his spot. We only live about 1.5 miles apart, so it's about time we actually set something up. He's got me wanting to at least set up my own mat and net again, now that I've got plenty of room for it in my new garage. Maybe a launch monitor down the road some day.

I used to bring them into my office because I found the differences interesting. Then I realized I was going to have dozens of broken golf balls sitting around...

Callaway HEX Chrome -> Bridgestone Tour B330S -> Titleist Pro V1x

so after FABB leaves and I mention he lives close my wife asks me some questions:

Mrs 2more: Where does he live?

Me: I don't know. close

Mrs 2more: Which Columbia neighborhood?

Me: I don't know

Mrs 2more: Will his kids go to the same elementary school?

Me: Umm I really don't know

Mrs 2more: Some mildly confused question about how I couldn't know that

Me: We just talked about golf the whole time!

The garage is really tight. there is a minivan four feet away. a poll to clank off if you're too flat. A garage door opener if you're too upright and i did actually hit the ceiling on a follow through. So generally people are a DISASTER the first time they hit balls on the monitor. Lots of credit to Fabb for being comfortable enough to adjust himself. After I explained the way it works intuitively wouldn't seem accurate but it really is amazingly accurate he hit a bunch of shots that registered as like 40 yards right. I'd hop on and hit it straight. He'd hit it 40 yards straight. I was legit confused until he just changed his aim.

So I went to bed thinking I might try to pick up a King LTD or LTD Pro driver... then woke up with an urge to buy a 2016 M2 driver instead... just normal WRX thoughts right?

i had a long (for me) text convo with tex about the epics. went from wanting a driver, to a 3wood, to thinking that i should just reconfig my M1, to trolling ebay for 3woods, to thinking i should just trade everything in and get a whole new bag.

yes, friends, these are the thoughts of a man at 1 am who needs to up his sleep debt so he can go to bed like a normal.

maybe i was too excited about playing today with city and pq?

i am a useless dog at work so far today.

sleepy-dog.jpg

^^^^

Not a useless dog.

A dog doing that is giving off a type of healing energy. Indeed, this might be a dog at its most useful.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

2MT- what monitor you have in there?

I've got the mat and net I set up quick in garage with space and wondering about what it would cost to get a monitor.

I've almost got opitshot golf a few times. Just haven't done it.

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

only city would take an innocent pic of a sleeping dog and project it onto it's sensory place on the astral plane.

i was going for something literal there.

you start talking to me about thetans today and imma donkeypunch you right in the coccyx.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I've got the mat and net I set up quick in garage with space and wondering about what it would cost to get a monitor.

What about the new mevo? 500 bucks and reads everything. Or suppose to

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

only city would take an innocent pic of a sleeping dog and project it onto it's sensory place on the astral plane.

The pleasure derived from looking at a sleeping dog and projecting yourself into that head space is about the extent of the utility of canis familiaris to the modern human.

If you aren't eating them (*cough* siegel) and aren't using them to guard your drug stash (*cough* domes), there's not much more reason to get one than that.

Our Akita, Fonzie, used to look like that sleeping. We'd call him Extra-Gravity Fonz. It really looked like he had more than OneG acting on his body.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

i have a accusport vector pro. it's the predecessor to the Sky trak. Edwin Watts used them to fit people into clubs. As their stores closed Accusport got them back and sold them "certified pre-owned". The differences between mine and the new version are:

mine requires software and a computer. I believe with the sky trak you just use an app

mine requires you to know where to put the ball within some accuracy to get appropriate readings. the new version has a laser dot showing you where to place the ball

mine looks (is?) fragile. there are all these diodes on either side of the cameras that are covered by two plastic plates. The skytrak is more self contained

mine has leveling feet. The new one has some auto leveling thing

mine requires cords. the new one is wireless

in my research years ago the simple distinction between what i bought and an optishot is that the optishot measures the club and calculates (guesses) what the ball is doing. mine measures what the ball is doing and calculates (guesses) what the club is doing. It seemed like the optishot was going to difficult to use and not that accurate.

there really is no significant downside to what i have. I've been surprised that it's been trouble free and accurate. and for the obvious question the skytrak is 1,995. I paid 1,900 and didn't get the "range" software which was 500$ for cooler graphics which i didn't feel necessary

What about the new mevo? 500 bucks and reads everything. Or suppose to

i highly doubt that can be used with any degree of accuracy indoors. the information it provides is really limited. bottom line is that i have found anything cheaper than mine that is useful

The pleasure derived from looking at a sleeping dog and projecting yourself into that head space is about the extent of the utility of canis familiaris to the modern human.

If you aren't eating them (*cough* siegel) and aren't using them to guard your drug stash (*cough* domes), there's not much more reason to get one than that.

Our Akita, Fonzie, used to look like that sleeping. We'd call him Extra-Gravity Fonz. It really looked like he had more than OneG acting on his body.

be honest: are you high right now?

i need to be drunk or stoned to fully appreciate that post.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

be honest: are you high right now?

i need to be drunk or stoned to fully appreciate that post.

That's normal City. High City would have said the same thing in a thousand more words.

Cameron Newport, 34"

Mevo only measures ball speed, vertical launch angle, and spin, right? If that's the case, all that can ever do is give you an estimate of carry distance. Maybe it measures club speed, too. I'm not sure. You'll have no idea where the ball started, and where it curved though. It'd be good for getting carry distance estimates outdoors, where you can also see where the ball is actually going. Indoors, it's probably not worth it for $500.

giphy.gif

When a contractor reschedules on a 60 degree day in Feb... heading out to golf

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

giphy.gif

When a contractor reschedules on a 60 degree day in Feb... heading out to golf

Looks like that bulking has been working.

Cameron Newport, 34"

Mevo only measures ball speed, vertical launch angle, and spin, right? If that's the case, all that can ever do is give you an estimate of carry distance. Maybe it measures club speed, too. I'm not sure. You'll have no idea where the ball started, and where it curved though. It'd be good for getting carry distance estimates outdoors, where you can also see where the ball is actually going. Indoors, it's probably not worth it for $500.

Unclear still what they are going to be measuring vs approximating/calculating. Right now they list:

Specifically for golf-ball feedback, the mevo will offer:

• Ball Speed
  • Club Speed
  • Smash Factor
  • Vertical Launch Angle
  • Carry Distance
  • Spin Rate (when metallic dot is used on golf ball)

These are massive improvements over anything else in the $500 market though. Lets face it, you arent getting Trackman for $500. But if you want something accurate that you can take to the range - launch angle, backspin and ball speed will get you pretty damn close.

Anything else in that price range just approximates launch angle based on a static loft input. If its even remotely as good as it looks on paper, this could be pretty sweet.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

MTN just became my favorite person ever. you bring your dog to work.

you, my good sir, are a hero among men.

MTN brought his dogs GOLFING.

in MAINE.

He already was my favorite.

He gets it.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I agree that it's looking like the cream of the $500 crop, but it's still not the full-feature launch monitor people are dreaming of at that price range. It can basically estimate the total carry distance of a shot with pretty good accuracy. I can tell you how far I carry my clubs within the same margin of error. Unless your range has balls that perform close to what you play, you're not going to be getting super useful data there either. It's a cool toy for $500. I think it'd be fun to mess around with one, but I'll make unnecessary golf purchases on other things at that price point.

I agree that it's looking like the cream of the $500 crop, but it's still not the full-feature launch monitor people are dreaming of at that price range. It can basically estimate the total carry distance of a shot with pretty good accuracy. I can tell you how far I carry my clubs within the same margin of error. Unless your range has balls that perform close to what you play, you're not going to be getting super useful data there either. It's a cool toy for $500. I think it'd be fun to mess around with one, but I'll make unnecessary golf purchases on other things at that price point.

Hey everyone, its the fun at parties guy!

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash