2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Btw, having walked around town at lunch time, it is an awesome day to be out. Sunny, 60s and breezy. I'm guessing the ground is dry enough too, maybe too dry, but a golf day like this in Feb is nuts.

I had to drive over to another building a couple hours ago. I wanted to just drive home and get dressed to play golf instead. It's so nice outside. This is the best winter, ever.

I just might have to get out for a twilight 9 or some short game practice on Wednesday, and possibly Sunday too.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Btw, having walked around town at lunch time, it is an awesome day to be out. Sunny, 60s and breezy. I'm guessing the ground is dry enough too, maybe too dry, but a golf day like this in Feb is nuts.

I had to drive over to another building a couple hours ago. I wanted to just drive home and get dressed to play golf instead. It's so nice outside. This is the best winter, ever.

I just might have to get out for a twilight 9 or some short game practice on Wednesday, and possibly Sunday too.

Sunday is definitely happening. little C&P action

House is under contract. So amped. Checked in today and they've done the clearing of the backyard to the property line and grading of the front and back yard and brought in tons of new topsoil. Going back Thursday for the home inspection and to measure the opening for a fridge.

Closing in just over a month and couldn't be more excited. I'll be 10 minutes away from an awesome course just in time for Spring golf!

I will take terrible videos again, but not burning PTO in February to not play golf to do it.

Swing Jacket it is.

If you're looking for a practice aid, get something for putting that you can use indoors.

And make up a contraption to practice putting.

20616033651_0e9830f601_b.jpg

In case you are wondering, I needed to know if the mat, mirror, and hole were lined up.

Where did you get the mirror?

Nice, jkc. Good news on the home buying front.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

When you realize you haven't eaten enough food..

Wrong picture... sitting at -22 net for the day..

Anywho, skipped my workout when I got a call the garage guy wasn't coming..too beautiful out!

Only have 3 hour window to play and pick my kiddo up. So, I rush home from base to get changed and pack some food (obviously not enough).

Get back and head straight to pay and to the starter. Ask what is the fastest course right now so I head to the east behind two walkers (im walking/running too).

Tee shot goes big right into #2 fairway, so off I go.. attempted to hit 5 wood back into #1 over trees but that didn't work out. So I played #2 up with a punch 5---pin high but next to #2 tee box. Went with a knock down wedge...nope = branches said no no. Sheesh... it moved up a little closer and I had shot....BAM chip in for PAR!

Stole that stroke... twosome just hit and hit there second and third then wave me through.. snap hook and off to the races. I decide to run between shots for exercise/to finish 18 in time--- not good for the swing, which I came to find out. Big misses with driver some poor @$$ putting (turf speed and green speed way different)

Any who... scrambled and misses some opportunities but a 43 was all I could muster.

Back 9 was a different story. I threw in a random shaft in the driver (px handcrafted something) and took a bit to figure it out. Driving was a lot better and got the speed down/realize I was closing the putter face down too quick during contact.

Still made some bogies (3), the rest pars and finished birdie-birdie. This included a--its winter golf--driver off the deck on my second shot on 18. Ran up the left side all the way to behind a green side bunker (pin high). Nice little chip to about 10 feet and made the bird.

****this has me thinking about get an epic GBB built to 44 or 44.5. Why? Because when i had the worst range session ever, I could hit the ball of the deck better than off the tee****

####Thoughts?#####

God..what a lovely round in Feb.. I only kept

score because of the chip in on #1. Especially after I ran the front between shots and holes.

43-37= 80.

But it's winter so who is keeping track!

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Question for the class. Went to the Caps game Sunday. Snapped a few pics, posted to the gram, added some pound signs and such. Get a few likes on a few shots from rando Joe. Generic pound signs, so #gocaps and ish. So, check out his pics, and there's a pic of me and my buddy waiting to enter the arena. Now, it's odd to see someone you don't know with a pic of yourself. Yet alone just rando run across a pic of yourself... I'm safe, right?

Question for the class. Went to the Caps game Sunday. Snapped a few pics, posted to the gram, added some pound signs and such. Get a few likes on a few shots from rando Joe. Generic pound signs, so #gocaps and ish. So, check out his pics, and there's a pic of me and my buddy waiting to enter the arena. Now, it's odd to see someone you don't know with a pic of yourself. Yet alone just rando run across a pic of yourself... I'm safe, right?

Are you like... speaking millennialese or something?

I don't know the protocol for that, are you center focus or in the background/sidelines? He sounds like a creeper to me.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Question of etiquette. I was able to sneak out to EPP this AM. I was hoping to fly through as a single but I was too late and caught the single ahead of me on the 2nd tee. He could have teed off as the fairway was clearing as I was getting to the 2nd tee box but instead waited when he saw me. Otherwise I would have been on the tee box waiting for a while. He asked if I wanted to join up. I'm curious what the proper etiquette is here. I did not want to join up and I politely said that I was hoping to play through the twosome ahead of him. He replied that the twosome had another group ahead of them.

In other words the order was 2-2-1-1 with me as the last single.

I could have, and wanted to, run down both groups ahead of me within the next 3 holes. Doing so would have probably reduced my round time by >40min. However, I didn't want to be rude and everyone seemed to be moving at a reasonable pace. I ended up playing the front 9 with that guy and he bailed at the turn. I caught the single ahead (his partner also dropped after 9) on 12. After I waited for him on 12 and 13 he skipped over to 17 and I quickly caught up to the front twosome and just played 2 balls for the last four holes.

So my question - Is there any scenario in which I'm not an a****** by pushing the issue to play through that single and flying through those twosomes? I'm an a****** regardless but usually not due to course etiquette issues.

No.

That's absurd. You're out of your mind.

No.

protos F4

No.

No.

Tex, I'm just triggering Fabbo.

I know.

Thats easy... just tell him he putts as bad as you for being a low single digit...

protos F4

No.

Tex, I'm just triggering Fabbo.

No.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Playing in shorts in February is...ridiculous, it was so damn nice out today. Had developed a case of the snap lefts with the driver at the range today and was determined to work them out on the course - no idea where they came from - and was loving the idea of a few solo hours. But walking up to the first tee I caught up with a B team guy who is one of the most fun guys I've played with. He says hey, we're going to play a match against our two asst pros. I said, OK, sounds great. I check my bag and discover 1 - no cash and 2 - two golf balls. Sweet. Stand up on the first tee - just smoke a driver 20 yards past everyone. 75 yards in off the dormant Bermuda - absolutely go straight under it and dump it into the creek. One ball left. Stuffed the 2nd one to 15 feet and rolled it in for a push. One ball left, talk about motivation.

But I think I was snap drawing the ball on every hole which is not good, immediate loss of confidence - really need to find one little trigger in my swing that I can fix that when it happens during a match - I *think* its just getting my left shoulder higher. Thankfully my short game and putting saved me and we beat them on 18. Must work this out of my system - aiming left and hitting a snapper form there is no bueno. Putting was just spot on all day, was ramming in putts or missing them two feet past on the high side of the hole.

Just a fantastic afternoon - hope some of you were able to get out.

The Epic SZ fairways are out. The M2s from last year are just too good - they arent getting beat. Also was an excuse to break out the calipers - they are 3-4mm shorter than the M2 in the middle of the clubface, thats a full grove less of space for me to miss shots with. 3/5 woods with Rogue Silvers - out.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Question of etiquette. I was able to sneak out to EPP this AM. I was hoping to fly through as a single but I was too late and caught the single ahead of me on the 2nd tee. He could have teed off as the fairway was clearing as I was getting to the 2nd tee box but instead waited when he saw me. Otherwise I would have been on the tee box waiting for a while. He asked if I wanted to join up. I'm curious what the proper etiquette is here. I did not want to join up and I politely said that I was hoping to play through the twosome ahead of him. He replied that the twosome had another group ahead of them.

In other words the order was 2-2-1-1 with me as the last single.

I could have, and wanted to, run down both groups ahead of me within the next 3 holes. Doing so would have probably reduced my round time by >40min. However, I didn't want to be rude and everyone seemed to be moving at a reasonable pace. I ended up playing the front 9 with that guy and he bailed at the turn. I caught the single ahead (his partner also dropped after 9) on 12. After I waited for him on 12 and 13 he skipped over to 17 and I quickly caught up to the front twosome and just played 2 balls for the last four holes.

So my question - Is there any scenario in which I'm not an a****** by pushing the issue to play through that single and flying through those twosomes? I'm an a****** regardless but usually not due to course etiquette issues.

Good one.

As long as you dont mind being thought of as an antisocial a******, you can ask to play through. Otherwise, you were right to pair up.

I am an antisocial a****** and I would have done what you did.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Its just sand

protos F4

Sometimes, in life, for the good of your psyche, for the good of your soul... You just have to say: F it. I'm going golfing. I rarely can take off without a ton of pre-planning because I have no backup at work. Today, I seriously didn't care. I was taking off. So, so, so worth it.

Good match with City at Norbeckistan this afternoon. PQ was our walking referee. Rolled up at 1pm, teed off at 1:15, golfed my A off, lost 2up to CG, shook hands all around, back in parking lot at 4:25. 3 of us walking. Easy pace, got a little push at the end from a twosome which resulted in an unfortunate hole for both of us. Greens were not good, as expected. I think we lost about 5 shots each due to the putting surface and our own indecisiveness, and that's a conservative number. Still, it didn't take away from some very good shot-making and hole heroics. Never felt so good after getting beat. :)

Beautiful Golf Days like this are like a salve against all the tiny cuts and bone bruises and general malaise that life can throw at you. Thanks to PQ for having us out there, very much appreciated the break from winter doldrums.

More to come tomorrow after I come down from this sunshine high.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Come down from sunshine high == finish cranking it to sandy Alex Morgan butt.

Glad to hear some superfriends made it out to enjoy May in February. What crazy weather. 10/10 A+ winter so far.

Fastback is expected to be delivered tomorrow. Just in time for a couple nights of post cream soda practice putts before throwing into the fire on Sunday.