2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

GTM2 : Give a preview of the 2017 season for yourself.
Or if that doesn't answer your question, maybe this does, 200w.gif#42

What the hell is going on here?

Are you playing golf left handed in 2017?

naw homes. thass me. feeding the rock to pq.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Or if that doesn't answer your question, maybe this does, 200w.gif#42

What the hell is going on here?

Are you playing golf left handed in 2017?

naw homes. thass me. feeding the rock to pq.

That should be your guys' last round at Hobbits with the dude who wouldn't let you play through and his buddy getting loaded into the ambulance.

GTM2: Bag is set (m2 3w is in, LTD is out). Shoe game is tight. Need to get a ball for the season. Ideally Chromesoft comes on sale sometime soon. Otherwise, TMTP or Lethal. Have been working all winter putting LHL and may go with it for the season, at least from 20 feet in. So much more effective for getting the ball on line, need to work on my lagging with it.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

GTM2: Dropping the cap into the single digits. Try to play more frequently, but once I started working I'm pretty sure I was getting out pretty often anyway. Probably cancel my monthly membership at Little Bennett. It takes too much time after work to get there (45ish minutes with traffic.), and it's almost always so crowded that I can't get 9 in anyway. Plus it's a cart course, and I'd rather walk. I'm not sure where I would play instead though. Needwood and Falls Road are pretty close to my apartment and aren't driving with traffic, so maybe I'd have better luck there, especially once I switch my schedule around so I'm leaving work at 4-4:15.

GTM3: Sometimes I sit down to put my socks on. Sometimes I balance. Sometimes I sit on my bed. Really depends on the morning.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

i'd like to play more with threadizen digii. i played with a few dingii last year. i'd like to up that count by a few gaggles. nothing quite like popping the cherry with a new threadizen digus.

the game'll be what the game will be. would love to get to sub-5 again, and see if i can actually play to that come tournament season. i think it most depends if i can stay healthy. i had 40+ rounds last year for the first time in 4 years? 5 years? maybe more. golf is so much more fun when you're not wincing after every shot.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

GTM2:

Not sure. First year in a while I'm not in the Pine Ridge club, or Mt. Pleasant club. So, I don't know if I'm going to look for some MSGA stuff to keep the competition shoes laced up. We have Hive events planned, but I haven't really found that I get too game-faced for those. Maybe I'll try to take it out on you guys.

Still not sure where I'm looking to join come April, so that will have some influence on the season.

Bag wise, I don't foresee any changes. I've been THINKING about really finding a driver. Like maybe going to O'Barsky at BM and see if he thinks a driver change could make sense. But I don't know.

Handicap wise. . .same as recently. I'd like to feel like a more "solid 3" this year than just a "cup of coffee 3". I think it's doable. I've been putting up some 3/4 differentials in the winter.

This might sound dumb, but I think I've gotten too comfortable playing from long tees, and I'm getting into that 78-82 range, and I'd rather play up a set a little more often and try to bury my dangus in that 74-76 rangus. . .like really scoring my ball instead of just managing my misses.

I know how to manage my misses. . .

giphy.gif

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Can't be worse than last season right? We'll see.

Play VSGA and DCGT tournaments, stop shooting over 90. Setting the bar low right now.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

GTM2:

Sale tons of Callaway stuff

Play as much golf as possible.

^^^ pretty much covers it ^^^

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

GTM2

1) Get my back healed. It has bothered me since last spring, and I really did a number to it last August. Have started down the road to recovery but it is slow. Can still swing a club but the back really starts to bother me after about 50 shots...which is usually around hole 10.

2) Play more with the thread dingii. It's tough with my location but hopefully I can make some of The Hive events.

3) Play one of the DC Golf Tour events. This was a goal last year and it didn't get accomplished.

4) Game related, I want to get better off the tee. You can't hit three off the tee and expect to score well (although I could increase my 2nd ball par percentage).

5) Stop hoing.

6) Just kidding about #5

GTM3

Almost always sit down, left sock on first (OCD quirk). Putting socks on has been a struggle with my back issues.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

GTM2: Its been a long time since I've been looking forward to a season as much as I'm looking forward to this one.

Knock on wood, back has been healthy for a minute now. So much easier to workout and play in the offseason when I'm not nursing it. I think the yoga and biking have really been helping and at the very least I'm not completely just taking the winter off. Being able to get out a few times a week in *February* I think has been huge too. Will get to play 3-4x this week which is just nuts. Even if I cant put an official score down because of the weird 10 hole layout thats open, its so much better than just ripping at range balls for two hours.

I feel like the contact I'm making with my irons right now is just insanely good. That ImpactSnap thing I bought last year, I dont know if its total horse-S or not but using it I think has made a huge difference in the compression I'm getting. I feel confident off the tee too but if I can ever get towards the level of confidence that I have with my irons, it could be a really good year.

Looking forward to another great tournament season too. Made the final match of my flight for club championship last year so there's only a couple steps up. Either qualify for Championship Flight or win the flight I qualify for. Plan on playing a full B team season again, full slate of club 2-day events, 3-4 VSGA one days, as much DCGT as Eagle will tolerate me at and as many thread events/matches as I can.

My long term, really reach goal is to feel confident enough in my game to play the Virginia Mid Am in September. Somewhere around 156-158 seems to make the cut every year (two rounds, cut, final round) but to just play well in two rounds would really cap off the year.

I talked about what Golfer827 said towards the end of last season in that its just more important to me at this point to just enjoy the company and enjoy every second on the course.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I can't believe we're so close to the start of the golf season already. It doesn't even feel like we've had an offseason. Just a season of slightly less comfortable golfing temperatures.

The bag is feeling pretty set as we head into the season. It'll be a little competition between the Fastback and the Method to see which works better. I might mess around with the shaft and settings on the Epic as well. I'm not looking to make any wholesale replacements on other clubs though.

I'm really unsure what golf ball is going to be my main squeeze this season. I've been playing the V1X the past two seasons, but have definitely been enjoying the B330s this winter. Not really interested in doing a big shootout, so it's probably between those two balls. I just need to decide by the time the buy 3 get 1 free deal rolls around on the V1 series this spring. The buy 2 get 1 deal on the B330 was excellent, but has expired.

My putting is feeling much improved in the controlled environment of my indoor putting green. I'll be very excited to transition away from playing putting stroke to actually trying to focus on holing putts as the season ramps up.

At the same time my putting feels like it's heading up, my swing feels like it's going in the wrong direction. I've been bouncing around trying different stuff, and not really focusing on working any one thing until it's ingrained. As a result, the swing is just feeling kind of lost. I'm not getting the consistent strike I want at all right now.

I'm predicting sort of a slow start to the handicap season. I think my handicap will go back up to a more sustainable level based on early season rounds, and maybe I'll find another good streak by mid-summer.

GTM2:

Not buy anything this year anymore. I hit the Cobra Ltd. Pro really well when I played with Eagle and Freezy yesterday. Hit some really good drives and put some really out there where I've never been in NW. I could probably play another driver since I think it has more to do with certain changes in my setup/swing with driver, but the Ltd. Pro just gets out there and is really low spin which I need despite not having a high swing speed.

My real goal is to be able to walk more this year but that all depends on how healthy I can stay. I'd like to play more but I might be slowing down a bit since I've decided to save up for my return to the motherland next year.

I guess another goal is to not duff/chunk chips/pitches like I did last year. I'd like to just get out and enjoy playing this year.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Who is taking lessons this year?

Started last month... driver swing can't be any worse than last year.

Iron game will improve and has to this point.

Chipping wiffle balls of course will improve my short game

Putting between cans will improve my putting.

Crap...scratch or better this year! (I'll settle for staying in the 6s or not going above 7).

protos F4

I'm probably gonna wind up taking one or two

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

Probably online edition, work is too funky on my schedule until I can get a regular route.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

GTM: I knew I needed some serious swing work to improve this year. I've spent the last month and a half hitting balls several times a week to get a good way into that process before the season starts. I have a real plan for how to continue and diversify my practice as the year progresses. If I work diligently on the right things results have to come right? The second part is that I'd like to not obsess over results. Just keep doing the right things and the scores are what they are.

Domes, is your teacher coming back to DC any time soon? I was thinking of setting up a lesson with her.

Only thing I know is that she'll be back this spring. Don't know exact dates though. The GF and her friends are planning on buying more lessons from her so when I hear I'll let you know.

I'll probably get a tune up lesson or two from her this spring as well.

I might, but not to focus on swing changes or mechanics, rather how to keep it simple and just play. Yes, some of us don't know how to do that.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I probably will.

I've already got the one putting lesson under my belt.

I still threaten to take an aimpoint class every year.

A full swing lesson or two would be nice, but I hate that it means 1-2 months of playing golf swing on the course after each lesson, since I don't practice.

I like to do lessons in October. Work on sh1t before the season starts. No plans for lessons this year yet, but if the game goes catawampus all bets are off.

I think playing lots of 9s this off season has been good for the game. Planning on doing more of that this year.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I'm thinking about upgrading the 3 would or hybrid. Both clubs are from 2009 and leaves me wondering what is out there that could be an upgrade

I do think I'll be getting a new bag. Ping Hoover is falling a part

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

I do think I'll be getting a new bag. Ping Hoover is falling a part

Your bag sounds like it sucks, you should definitely get a new one.

That was probably only funny to me. Slept all of 2 hours last night because 3/4 of the girls have some version of the stomach bug and it all started at kickoff time last night.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

JJ...

You should try every single OEM's product and be sure you find the one that fits your swing.

However, the new Epic SZ (smaller head) is a rocket and the Epic GBB (bigger head) is as well.

XR16 are still good fairway options as well.

And all the other guys of course...

protos F4

You are right Domes...I gave an opinion on equipment I know very well. Dang me for posting on a golf website...

No more talking about clubs from me..

JJ I heard Warrior golf will give you free woods to try---I would start here first.

#suckitdomes

protos F4

Eagle, how many profile view do you get per month based on folks accidentally clicking your name instead of the thread link? Cause I've totally never done that...

You ruin everything.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5