2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Brandel. Simply, he is a d-bag. He's on TGC talking about Tigger. "He's big up top. He can swing like he used to. When I saw one swing I knew he wasn't going to last and would have to withdraw. I know everything. He's stupid for trying. Gosh, I wish he would just go to a far corner of the world." What. A. Dick.

Brandel is the equivalent of having a herpes test done with a hot rusty metal hanger while fire ants crawl in ur eye and a gaggle of silverback apes run train on you.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Not much to report from the golf show. Only picked up 2 Titleist hats. I didn't see any super deals but then again there wasn't really anything I was looking for.

Saw kind of a good deal on a bunch of UA stuff (DC was browsing the same racks) but it wasn't an awesome enough deal for me to pull the trigger on stuff I didn't need.

Caught up with some folks. Talked to Evan from Club Champion. Apparently they are staying pretty busy according to him.

The show seemed smaller this year. Like a few of the big booths were missing.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

After nabbing the new Driver, I went up to Wendy's. Grabbed me a #7 with a Dr. Pepper and a Chocolate Frosty. Then drove up 355 to Frederick while listening to the Waste Management Open via Sirius/XM PGA Radio. Stopped in the Dick's Sporting Goods at FSK for more shiggles.

Asked to try out the new Epic fairways, since the Driver was pretty nice. A bit of a shame Callaway doesn't make a 4 wood variant, so I tried out the 3 wood with the stock PX HZRDUS. Got back into my swing groove and had some pretty fun numbers. I didn't get a look at averages but things felt pretty nice.

Might need to compare the fairways another time as I didn't have the rest of my bag in my Rogue. Went cruising around to Best Buy and Game Stop, then came home and placed the new Driver into the bag.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Fantastic price on JPX900 drivers at the golf show (only the guy in the very back who had even better prices than Dallas) but unfortunately none with the 661 in X. Picked up a wedge for a buddy of mine for a sick price. Solid price on a set of Modus 105 pulls in Stiff there if anyone is looking. Otherwise disappointing but sometimes you have to see for yourself.

Domes --old news (I did say lets see if it stays in his bag)

Golfer827-- go up 1* omon the 15 head or down 1* the 18

Kent you disappointed me...really wanted to meet your daughter.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

The one thing my OCD can't stand about the golf show is all the new drivers - sans headcovers - clanging settings in the demo bags. So tilting.

It did seem smaller but not drastically so. The instructor I took the aimpoint class and lessons from was one of the speakers on the main stage but otherwise a real drop in the caliber of those guests too

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Domes --old news

Golfer827-- go up 1* omon the 15 head or down 1* the 18

Might have to, if I decide on moving to the new fairways. I really discarded a lot of the information from Dick's Sporting Goods because the Launch Monitor was off kilter to the mat (c0ck-eyed to the right at about a 30 degree angle, making everything start right and stay right) and not really calibrated. I'll need to take a look on better LM's and/or at a range before making a change, unless I decide to just go for it off the cuff.

827--Good call. Hit them outside before deciding.

protos F4

Confirmed the golf show was a waste lol. Oh well, something to do. Best thing besides seeing tragic middle aged white men in full loudmouth attire and people in legit golf cleats, I saw was a basically brand new 9.5 answer driver for 45 bucks.

In other news, I need some advice. Trying to fill a gap in the bag, between my mini and UDI, so about a 2hybrid or 3-5 ish range. The UDI tops out about 230, and more often then not in that 210-220 range. Id like another option from the fairway other than the mini. I found a M1 3hl with a green oban, that was tempting……is 159 a good price for that?

Testing and comfort aside from me, what would you guys go to in order to fill that void if it was in your bag? I used to use a 2 hybrid until I sold it and haven't found one I really like again yet, and I was wondering if a wood would be a more versatile club for me. Id probably use it from the fairway/tee/rough so it needs to be versatile af.

5 Wood, find one that works for you. Plausible additions could be M1, Epic Sub Zero or something else with a smaller 'Iron-like' footprint for the versatility on the course depending on handicap and how you hit them. I love my current one for its' playability in Rough and Fairway. Only real reason I might turn to the Epic line is... well, maybe it's better in comparison outside.

In other news, I need some advice. Trying to fill a gap in the bag, between my mini and UDI, so about a 2hybrid or 3-5 ish range. The UDI tops out about 230, and more often then not in that 210-220 range. Id like another option from the fairway other than the mini. I found a M1 3hl with a green oban, that was tempting……is 159 a good price for that?

Testing and comfort aside from me, what would you guys go to in order to fill that void if it was in your bag? I used to use a 2 hybrid until I sold it and haven't found one I really like again yet, and I was wondering if a wood would be a more versatile club for me. Id probably use it from the fairway/tee/rough so it needs to be versatile af.

I know a guy who has a like new F6 Baffler condemned to the "extras" bag. With Aldila Tour Blue 85X.

I'm offering no input on that part of the bag, having gone through about 50 clubs there now.

I have been liking the Cobra line, and have been wanting to add one to the bag. I really like how they look. Perhaps I would like to talk to this guy you know who has one…..

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Fantastic price on JPX900 drivers at the golf show (only the guy in the very back who had even better prices than Dallas) but unfortunately none with the 661 in X. Picked up a wedge for a buddy of mine for a sick price. Solid price on a set of Modus 105 pulls in Stiff there if anyone is looking. Otherwise disappointing but sometimes you have to see for yourself.

Yeah I thought the best booth was Dallas, they were the ones with the basically brand new anser for 60 bucks. I think Annandale golf was the one for the Modus, I saw them as well. Man seeing the mizuno line in person, they look great.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

What's the distance gap, and between what clubs? In what situations exactly are you expecting to hit whatever goes the distance you're looking for?

So the mini off the tee is in the range of 240-260, off the deck 230-240. The UDI off the tee is usually in the 220-225 range, and I don't really like hitting it off the deck that much.

Ideally I want this club really for league play, for something off the tee that is a bit higher ball flight and just shorter than the mini. I also would like it for coming into par 5s a bit higher. The mini I use a lot off the deck but when its something that I can't run up or have a runoff into water behind a green, something thats coming in a lot higher would be good to have. Also it would fit perfectly for a tee shot on a couple of the holes on the front.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

City I like your shoes

Tex you said Sunday so I could not make it yesterday

I did go to the course yesterday but just hit balls indoors. Did pickup a Demo JPX new Mizuno 3W to tryout

Went to Big Bad Wolf with some peeps for lunch. Big BBQ and Brisket

Also went to work function last night in Old Town. Ran into a friend who has a place in Pinehurst. He was pleading with me to use it anytime I want. He said it was rarely used and just give him a call. So if you guys want to go down on a long weekend let me know. He said it would accommodate 4 to 5 people easy.

City I like your shoes

Tex you said Sunday so I could not make it yesterday

I did go to the course yesterday but just hit balls indoors. Did pickup a Demo JPX new Mizuno 3W to tryout

Went to Big Bad Wolf with some peeps for lunch. Big BBQ and Brisket

Also went to work function last night in Old Town. Ran into a friend who has a place in Pinehurst. He was pleading with me to use it anytime I want. He said it was rarely used and just give him a call. So if you guys want to go down on a long weekend let me know. He said it would accommodate 4 to 5 people easy.

Awww.... I misread your post after I already posted when I was going to be there. My bad! Let me know if the Mizuno doesn't work out... Look at Kent buying stuff for shiggles!

protos F4

That's not really much of a gap to add another club. Are you against replacing the mini with a regular fairway wood?

Very much so. The mini is my bottom chick. I use it alot, and it's always solid and dependable.

It's definitely a spot in the bag that is a small zone, but I mainly found that I come up with that distance a lot in league, and was wanting to try and address it. Also it's due to me not being fully comfortable with the udi yet. So something that can produce that overlap would be helpful.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

That's not really much of a gap to add another club. Are you against replacing the mini with a regular fairway wood?

Very much so. The mini is my bottom chick. I use it alot, and it's always solid and dependable.

It's definitely a spot in the bag that is a small zone, but I mainly found that I come up with that distance a lot in league, and was wanting to try and address it. Also it's due to me not being fully comfortable with the udi yet. So something that can produce that overlap would be helpful.

Callaway XR16 5w. Awesome club, best fairway I have hit in years. Also a smaller head profile than a lot of the newer offerings. Right shaft and it launches very high.

Hybrid: Adams minis or even a dHy. The minis are nice because they have a smaller profile and have great turf interaction from all lies. The dHy is basically a chunky iron. If you want a cheap trial, get an a12 pro off eBay. Can be had for less than $40 with a decent shaft offering. Favorite hybrid of all time.

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

I dumped the UDI for a M2 5W. Went @ the same distance off the tee but it was extremely easy to hit off the deck too. Part of the reason I dont carry the mini much anymore, just not a lot of room in the bag for a club that only does one thing.

Getting out for golf after lunch today, wasnt expecting it to be this nice out. Always great when you can look at the initial 10 day forecast and see a couple 50* days sprinkled in here and there.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Had some New Balance Golf Shoes on lookout on eBay. Decided to pull the trigger once they got below 50 bucks per. Nabbed me a Red/White pair and a Grey Pair. Who knows what that might net me through Ebates refund.

Also put in an offer on a used Black and Orange Clicgear.

Callaway XR16 5w. Awesome club, best fairway I have hit in years. Also a smaller head profile than a lot of the newer offerings. Right shaft and it launches very high.

Hybrid: Adams minis or even a dHy. The minis are nice because they have a smaller profile and have great turf interaction from all lies. The dHy is basically a chunky iron. If you want a cheap trial, get an a12 pro off eBay. Can be had for less than $40 with a decent shaft offering. Favorite hybrid of all time.

Does the regular xr16 set up a little closed?

Not quite sure, honestly. It sets up nicely to my eye but it may, indeed, set up just slightly closed.

Had some New Balance Golf Shoes on lookout on eBay. Decided to pull the trigger once they got below 50 bucks per. Nabbed me a Red/White pair and a Grey Pair. Who knows what that might net me through Ebates refund.

Also put in an offer on a used Black and Orange Clicgear.

I feel this is lacking details that we expect from your "buys"

protos F4

To me, it sets up closed. Last time I played with Callaway Tex, I asked him about it. He said they are mostly neutral and aligned the face with a straight edge(tee marker) and it indeed looked square. The way it sets up for me at address looks overly closed though. It's the only club in my bag that seems this way.

I'll add, this past year is the first and only time I have ever had a 5w in the bag. The added loft may play some sort of trick on me when compared to other woods. It's a really good club (for me) and is the only cally club left in my bag.

(This advertisement was not paid for by your local Callaway promoter).

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

On the Clicgear front, had a bit of a back and forth.Finally he told me his rock bottom price to which I accepted. Got a pretty good deal, I think. Saved about 60 bucks total.

On the Clicgear front, had a bit of a back and forth.Finally he told me his rock bottom price to which I accepted. Got a pretty good deal, I think. Saved about 60 bucks total.

MOAR!!

protos F4