MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Reed pulled the greatest pro-cheat move today. In thick rough on a par 5, must have been 280+ out. Pulls out a wood to think about "going for it". Puts the club behind the ball and just stands there just leaning on the club for 15-20 seconds while talking to his caddie. Then after sufficiently flattening the grass, hits an 8 iron layup shot.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Another morning round at Prince William. Show up and there’s a frost delay. Wait an hour and the starter puts me out first since I’m a single, which is nice. I miss the first five greens, but I’m moving. As I’m hitting my approach shot on seven, though, I look over and see groups going off of ten. WTF! I finish the front nine in 45 minutes but realize I left my rangefinder back on one of the par threes. I double back a couple of groups (I’m about three clear of everyone at this point) but no one has seen it. I turn back and head to ten. I finish ten and eleven in a few minutes and now I’m waiting on 12. And 13. And 14. Even when I hit a poor shot, the person in front of me doesn’t break clear. I get to the 18th green and the guy is turning back to play the first hole and a twosome is there. He says “can I play through?” I’m thinking “you made me wait on six holes and now you’re asking to play through” (not mention that it’s CPO and he’s sometimes playing two balls). Unbelievable. Second nine in 1:30…but I got my rangefinder back.

PW is close to me but so frustrating. I don’t play DT fast but I like to play steady. Last week when I played there, I had to wait on 17 holes for the dingii in front of me (I grouped together with a twosome since the started wouldn’t let me in front of the foursome—another WTF moment). They were playing like it was The Open. Didn’t let us play through. Wouldn’t even let us pass on the turn. On one hole, there is someone waiting on the tee box while we’re waiting in the fairway (and no one else out there) but that wasn’t a sign to them to speed it up. This is typical of the course. Ironically enough, a guy approaches me on the 1st tee and asks if I’m in a hurry. I’m wondering why he’s asking but I say “well, I have some things to do today and I’ve already burned an hour waiting for the frost to clear, but I like to play at a good pace.” He says, “we usually play at a good pace, around 3:30-3:45, so if you’re ever looking to join us, you’re welcome to.” So, on one hand, I’m thinking, “Oh, that’s nice.” On the other hand, I can’t recall ever playing with a foursome there that’s finished in less than about 4:30. Maybe on a Monday but never on the weekend.

It’s definitely a good ‘ol boys course. While I was standing around waiting, folks were calling in and the starter is like “yeah, I can call you back when we’re ready to go.” He was telling me how some of their members will go to the local IHOP when there’s a delay and they’ll just call ‘em there. If Stonewall wasn’t double the price, I’d probably just play there more often.

I played down at South Wales on Sunday. They told me that they’re going to plant Bermuda in the spring. The course is so rough right now so I hope it works. They do have some good holes but it’s not a winter course. Fairways are for s*** on most holes. Good news, though, almost no waiting. On a good day, they may have 25 golfers out there. Of course, I’ve had to wait out there, too. It’s all timing. Back to watching Groundhog Day. It's on all day on AMC.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

Reed pulled the greatest pro-cheat move today. In thick rough on a par 5, must have been 280+ out. Pulls out a wood to think about "going for it". Puts the club behind the ball and just stands there just leaning on the club for 15-20 seconds while talking to his caddie. Then after sufficiently flattening the grass, hits an 8 iron layup shot.

didn't see it, but that's ugly stuff. And he's got a rep.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Interesting point today that I hadnt thought of.

A couple weeks ago we were talking about ettiquette and what bothers us -- where people stand, balls on green, etc.

Shackelford, in the Shackhouse podcast, during a rant about how the young players today are too friendly, etc, mentioned that guys are purposefully leaving their balls on the green (instead of marking) when their playing partners are chipping so that if they hit it off line or a little stiff, and they hit the other's ball, it will stop it there and not run as far past.

Thoughts?

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

That move is very common with tour guys these days. I'm going to implement it. I like it.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

http://www.golf.com/...flow_twitter_si

when she realized she was getting a bunch of followers on instagram, she curled up in the fetal position and kept saying, "i'm so scared."

I had to stop reading this right after the opening sentence:

"To understand the power of Paige Spiranac's beauty, take a trip with her to Scottsdale Top Golf on a bustling Saturday evening. She is dressed in skin-tight jeans, a snug white top and high heels."

This is the journalistic equivalent of Tommy Heinsohn calling Celtics games.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

That move is very common with tour guys these days. I'm going to implement it. I like it.

Almost all of them do it in some fashion. Maybe not as blatantly, but I've seen it, announcers have called them on it subtlety ("well, he's got much more of the ball showing now...").

Just watch the number of guys who go for a wood when they're deeeeep in the rough, then consequently pull out an iron after fiddling around behind the ball for a bit. Kinda disheartening, but it's not against the rules, per se. Players have been doing it for a long time.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I think Tex pretty much said that if you don't trust him you should go F yourself.

No, I don't take the Callaway rep that recommends the latest Callaway club any time somebody asks for opinions on clubs as an unbiased opinion.

Callaway makes very good golf clubs. I've got 3 Callaway clubs in my bag right now. The Epic serms like it has the potential to be the best driver I've ever owned. I could probably play a full bag of their stuff.

TaylorMade, PING, Titleist, and Cobra all make very good golf clubs, too.

I don't make commission.

I tell everyone to demo everything you can outside if possible.

I recommend the newest stuff we have because it is outperforming most.

Guess who told HBD to go through CPO--me.

Guess who told DaGoose to pull the trigger on a cheaper option--me

So let's not turn this into something it's not...

#suckitfabb

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Almost all of them do it in some fashion. Maybe not as blatantly, but I've seen it, announcers have called them on it subtlety ("well, he's got much more of the ball showing now...").

Just watch the number of guys who go for a wood when they're deeeeep in the rough, then consequently pull out an iron after fiddling around behind the ball for a bit. Kinda disheartening, but it's not against the rules, per se. Players have been doing it for a long time.

It's not illegal to ground a club but it is illegal to improve your lie. So if they're just pretend fumbling I'd say that is cheating that cannot be proven.

A couple weeks ago we were talking about ettiquette and what bothers us -- where people stand, balls on green, etc.

Shackelford, in the Shackhouse podcast, during a rant about how the young players today are too friendly, etc, mentioned that guys are purposefully leaving their balls on the green (instead of marking) when their playing partners are chipping so that if they hit it off line or a little stiff, and they hit the other's ball, it will stop it there and not run as far past.

Thoughts?

It's crap. I get it tho. Everyone's talented and successful and they're all bros out there, probably getting mad tail and just having the best time that's better than can even be imagined.

It's still crap tho.

I mean, if I thought my ball was gong to help Stix, or Tex or DT or Sully, you damn right I'm marking it so that it doesn't. And we're just playing for beers or dollar skins or maybe nothing more than pride.

And these are guys I LIKE. You can imagine how I feel about somehow "helping" Typhoon and Earthquake, let alone City. Or FABB. Or -God help me- MTN.

That kind of familiarity and friendliness... It's part of the reason why Tiger became such an AlphaDog on Tour He wanted to destroy you so bad that the next time you were playing well, and maybe he wasn't, he'd still have the upper hand because you knew that he would just embarrass you on the scoreboard. Lot of guys couldn't handle that. There was always a sense of aggression and taking of power to me. Anger, even, especially early in his career. He didn't want to be your friend.

Sidenote: how I missed "Harris English" as a typical country club golfer name, I'll never know.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be fine, and these guys will rule the roost for many years. Who wouldn't want to be part of that crew? If it requires leaving your ball on the green to help 'em out, well, I understand it. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

2MT- I agree it's cheating in my eyes, but I don't know it's ever been called. Reed did this exact same thing last year when he was battling Rickie (Reed ended up winning). I've seen countless number of pro's do it. Colin Montgomery comes to mind. Kenny Perry. Many many others.

Guys do it with irons, hybrids, fws. Anytime you see a pro take a club and put it behind his ball in the rough, he's improving his lie, whether he sticks with that club or not.

So, it's either not a penalty as we understand it, or its unenforceable or it's just unenforced.

I actually think this is a good question for the rules gurus. Sully's good at starting threads over there. I'll leave that to him.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Thoughts?

It's crap. I get it tho. Everyone's talented and successful and they're all bros out there, probably getting mad tail and just having the best time that's better than can even be imagined.

It's still crap tho.

I mean, if I thought my ball was gong to help Stix, or Tex or DT or Sully, you damn right I'm marking it so that it doesn't. And we're just playing for beers or dollar skins or maybe nothing more than pride.

And these are guys I LIKE. You can imagine how I feel about somehow "helping" Typhoon and Earthquake, let alone City. Or FABB. Or -God help me- MTN.

That kind of familiarity and friendliness... It's part of the reason why Tiger became such an AlphaDog on Tour He wanted to destroy you so bad that the next time you were playing well, and maybe he wasn't, he'd still have the upper hand because you knew that he would just embarrass you on the scoreboard. Lot of guys couldn't handle that. There was always a sense of aggression and taking of power to me. Anger, even, especially early in his career. He didn't want to be your friend.

Sidenote: how I missed "Harris English" as a typical country club golfer name, I'll never know.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be fine, and these guys will rule the roost for many years. Who wouldn't want to be part of that crew? If it requires leaving your ball on the green to help 'em out, well, I understand it. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I wonder if players will start leaving balls in the rough to help keep Tiger's drive from skirting off into the woods or parking lots, or clubhouses, or oceans, or outer space?

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

In unrelated news: Had some cream soda, shaved, took some practice cuts with the Training club.

More unrelated: Current tax return looks promising, but I'm thinking there's things that are going to take some stuff out of it. So what to spend it on? It ain't going to be tokens... maybe a nice foundation for vacation? A good start to a larger nest egg? Decisions, decisions...

Final unrelated: If you haven't tried out Dollar Shave Club, give it a shot. I just signed up last week, got my first box a couple days ago. I like it, thus far.

Ok, back to the thread disagreements and banter.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Things I learned today:

Fabb puffs up like a perky peacock when surrounded by physically daunting golfers like Sully, Cfree, and City. Also when protected by electronic connection, possibly behind multiple locked doors and an abnormal amount of dead bolts (leads to weak wrists). Only about "non-biased" information regarding the epic-ness of an epic driver that he is already hitting epically.

How to improve my lie in the rough. Legally.

Eagle likes me, but not enough to assist me on the golf course.

Paige Spiranac or w/e is a fragile flower even though there are favoring odds she eventually shows us her flower.

Oldberg wrote a whole lot. Like a lot a lot. Wayyyy more than needed a lot. The Paige S story may have been shorter and she is a lot more interesting to look at.

Whoever overtook #thejuicer 's account has figured out how to post on the forum. This is an upgrade from just liking every post. Still learning the bad word filter though.

The hobbit Hobbits lady needed to eat a snickers.

827's mom should proofread before he posts for relevance.

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

In unrelated news: Had some cream soda, shaved, took some practice cuts with the Training club.

More unrelated: Current tax return looks promising, but I'm thinking there's things that are going to take some stuff out of it. So what to spend it on? It ain't going to be tokens... maybe a nice foundation for vacation? A good start to a larger nest egg? Decisions, decisions...

Final unrelated: If you haven't tried out Dollar Shave Club, give it a shot. I just signed up last week, got my first box a couple days ago. I like it, thus far.

Cream soda, shaved, took some practice cuts with the Training club.

<opens envelope> Name a cam girl, her best feature, and what I asked her to do for 900 tokens.

<opens envelope> Name my favorite cam girl, her best feature, and what I asked her to do for 900 tokens.

For you millennials, that's Johnny Carson. He and Kent grew up with your dad.

Tiger, thank you for the memories. It's been one hell of a career.

Sincerely,

Nutswinger/weenie butt swinger/skin chandelier swinger/smooth criminals

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Good news -- bad news First the bad news, I will not be playing at Waverly on the 18th. Good News----- I will be playing the 16th thru the 20th in San Juan PR This trip was on, then off and how is on again. Will be playing at the Dorado Club each day in a three day tournament. Sorry City but will not be playing at Waverly.

PH in Feburary, PR in March and Cabot Lodge in April. Nice way to start the spring golf year.

Good news -- bad news First the bad news, I will not be playing at Waverly on the 18th. Good News----- I will be playing the 16th thru the 20th in San Juan PR This trip was on, then off and how is on again. Will be playing at the Dorado Club each day in a three day tournament. Sorry City but will not be playing at Waverly.

PH in Feburary, PR in March and Cabot Lodge in April. Nice way to start the spring golf year.

Interested to hear more about your Cabot trip. Wife wants to plan a golf/fishing trip that way in August/September.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

<opens envelope> Name a cam girl, her best feature, and what I asked her to do for 900 tokens.

Good use of Johnny Carson. However, that joke is older than your age and Kent's age multiplied together, and then combined with Oldberg's age as an exponential value.

AKA IT'S FRIGGIN OLD!

Go find a new gig, dude. This is WAY past its' prime.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

DC I have been there twice but have not played the new course. It is definitely uptown type of place. I stayed in the Lodge once and at a hotel once that is next to the property. The price for golf was the same because we only played a single round each time. If you stay on a package deal the golf is cheaper. The hotel was like a 100 years old and very cool. It did not have the amenity's of the lodge. The food and rooms at the lodge were 4 star. The views(which mean little to me personally) were excellent. The first time the wind was down so I was told and the course was very good. The second time the wind was normal so I was told and the course was just mean. Playing from the next to back tee's was tough. On some holes down wind play was much easier then the yardage said. Typical links style course (which are not my favorite type course) but on some holes you had to hit out over the water and let the wind bring it back. It was mostly a left the right or right to left wind. Not down wind a lot on many holes Fairways were really wide and some huge green complexes. If your wife goes there is not a lot to do but play golf or fish. Nothing is very close to the facilities.

PS Kind of like Bandon Dunes

Kent, you made me draw that picture of Tiger Woods yesterday and we voodoo doll'ed him. Lol.

I gotta get to Cabot one of these years. Looks awesome.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I saw in an interview with Pat Perez recently, he said tiger won't be out there long if he can't compete. I agree. The latest back saga withstanding, I don't think we'd see even a healthy tiger play an entire season if he keeps stinking the joint up. There's only so many Friday trunk slams one of the greatest players in history can withstand.

I saw in an interview with Pat Perez recently, he said tiger won't be out there long if he can't compete. I agree. The latest back saga withstanding, I don't think we'd see even a healthy tiger play an entire season if he keeps stinking the joint up. There's only so many Friday trunk slams one of the greatest players in history can withstand.

This has to be it for him. No way I can see him playing in two weeks if its bad enough to withdrawal.

Appearance fee / business interests aside, flying all that way was a really bad idea. Nevermind the idiots who are saying how bad can it be, he flies First Class or private. 20+ hours of flying, no mater how comfortable your ride is, still has a way of really messing you up. Now he's supposed to fly home and be ready to play in two weeks? Instead maybe he should have taken the MC at Torrey, rested up and played Phoenix. Probably no appearance money there though.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*