2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

my schedule today has a weird gap in it. i figured i'd stop at a course and chip for an hour or so. so i take a change of clothes, towel, etc. i start driving this morning and realize i don't have any golf shoes. disappointment sets in. like an hour later i realize i have sandals in my swim bag that i used to bring my change of clothes and i'm in business!! STOKED. it's the little things in life

so slammed at work right now. don't care. reading the thread and handing out likes like a hooker giving handies on payday.

Or like what I did to that thumb on the 18th.

I went to bed with very confused emotions last night.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

so slammed at work right now. don't care. reading the thread and handing out likes like a hooker giving handies on payday.

Or like what I did to that thumb on the 18th.

I went to bed with very confused emotions last night.

shhhhh, i'm saving that for my recap. :)

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Shenanigans going down at Laurel Hill (LH) this Saturday... looking at booking the tee time behind or behind behind the first group of WRxers...

Anyone interested in playing 137 at LH this Saturday... Assuming we would all meet up afterwards to make fun of Eagle's pants, etc...

Let me know...

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Shenanigans going down at Lauren Hill (LH) this Saturday... looking at booking the tee time behind or behind behind the first group of WRxers...

Anyone interested in playing 137 at LH this Saturday... Assuming we would all meet up afterwards to make fun of Eagle's pants, etc...

Let me know...

Teeing it up at 1:37.

Behind Eagle?

1a563ba32e22d78486fdc93de47d3653.jpg

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

It sure got awful quiet in here. Seems to happen every time eagle brings a smelly hooker around.

Golf Talk Wednesday : What are you working on, or did you work on most recently with your swing?

Being that whatever works for 99% of the population, doesnt work for me, I changed my driver setup where my left arm is bent at address. I realize that the more I keep the left arm straight throughout the swing, the more I low heel it and goes 100 yards right. If I keep it bent, I hit baby Alex Morgan delicious cuts that hit the fairway or just a couple of yards right. I thought about trying to change it but the more I think about it, if it works, f*ck it...keep doing it.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

a bit more about yesterday:

- pq goes over to the tee box, and there's a guy waiting there. pq demands to play through. guy quivers and acquiesces. city hits, pq hits. i'm about to hit, when a cart comes roaring around the corner directly in my line. cart doesn't stop. i nearly pull the trigger anyway, then back off. it's the guys who were holding up the other single. we all laugh about it, then i pull hook my driver behind a tree trunk. just fantastic.

- city lining up to aim at the wrong hole and stomping through my line on #2 green was pretty funny. made no difference. greens were like plinko.

- we had some stellar up and ins. i seriously don't know how city and pq judged some of their pitches/chips. achieving perfect speed on a pitch -on those greens- was something. i had relatively basic ones that i couldn't figure out. our best exchange was on the par 3 6th. i'm hole high left, with a bunker between me n the hole. city is long, pitching to a crusty green that's running away from him. i cut the legs out of mine and hit a mid-high spinner than stuns city with how quick it stopped (4 feet left for the save). city hits a lower chip, carries it just on, and it tracks to the hole and trundles 4 feet past. pq gets up and down from the road, long right. good-good-goon and we're off to the next tee box.

hole6.jpg

- no birdies from me. had good looks on 5 (pw from 121 to 5 feet) and 17 (50 yard rising squeezer to 5 feet) and just couldn't make them. the one on 17 was to square the match too. couldn't make a pressure putt all day. too tentative, which, if it sounds counter-intuitive, it is. i still had mental scars from the first time at norbeckistan where city was putting off greens and i would try to hit a 1 foot putt and it would go 10. BUT - this is why you should always play for a little something. gets the juices flowing. i gotta get in those mental reps, just like i gotta get in swings. mentally, i was rusty as well.

- city and pq both smash drives off #9 tee. we get up there, and city's waving at me. pq's hitting, so he's doing it quietly. he points to pq's ball, he points to his ball and then just starts flexing. i finally figure out why he's doing this. it's the most subtle passive brag of the day. well, subtle for city anyway. nice drive bro, lol.

- city's chip in birdie on 13 was just perfect. we were walking off #1 and neither of us saw a reason not to play it down all day. i mean, it was sunny, the fairways and rough looked to be in fine shape... why wouldn't we play it down? anyway, it never really was an issue for either of us until 13th fairway. i pull my drive left, luckily have an angle through some trees, then hit a punchy 7i up near the green. walking up, city and pq are standing there just giggling. the majority of the ball is literally below the surface of the fairway, that's how deep the divot was. city's like "i just wanted to show you this lie. it's awesome." i nod and smile, but there is less than zero chance i say something like, 'oh, just take it out of there, that's unfair.' i mean, that's golf. he's in the middle of the fairway and couldn't have a worse lie. to his credit, city didn't ask either. anyway, he smashes it up there greenside, then just pitches it in perfect. he couldn't have hit a putt at a better pace. center cut, straight in. he's laughing, i'm laughing, even pq might have been smiling. "the golf gods, man. the golf gods." never seen a more perfect example of instant-karma.

- city 3 putts 16 to gift me a hole. he's walking up to 17 tee and he's just laying into himself. following convo is word for word as i remember it.

city: ah, i couldn't have played a worse hole there. terrible. just terrible. that's just awful. worst. hole. ever.

me: dude, you hit one bad putt. you hit the green, were pin high. stubbed the first one, but the par putt was in the jar.

pq: don't stop him from beating himself up. city's tears are like nectar to me.

me: <feeling slightly uncomfortable>

city: yeah, what am i saying? i'm awesome. strong like bull. <beats chest>

me: what have i done?

- pq is just husk-puckering with his ball striking these days. love it when he outdrives me with an iron. seemed very in control, until 17 tee box. i'm standing there touching myself through my pants pocket, waiting for the sound of pq's club impacting the ball. it does, followed a split second later by his driver whiplashing into the turf. the force of the swing had him letting go on the recoil. i involuntarily squeeze myself a little too hard and end up walking funny up the fairway. note to self: do not fondle self while within striking distance of pq driver whiplash.

- i'm coughing on 10 green or something, and city stands there, hand on hip, and goes, 'are you done yet?'

me: for a guy with such a loud voice, you certainly have rabbit ears.

city: ha!

me: you'd think that you'd get desensitized to noise.

city: yeah. you'd think that. and you'd be wrong.

- the thumb incident. so, the match is over on 18, and i take of my hat and shake pq's hand. city is standing there with his back to me, holding out his hand. i go to slap it for a low back five, when he suddenly tries to grab hold of my hand, i guess to shake it proper. ends up grabbing my thumb. he looks over his shoulder at me quizzically. i'm completely bewildered, looking at my hand trying to figure out what's happening. the moment turns into the most #awkwardeaglehug of all time. i don't know if i should be laughing or feel violated somehow. it certainly was weird. #thumbgrabhandshake

tl;dr: i came. i saw. i golfed. not necessarily in that order.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

It sure got awful quiet in here. Seems to happen every time eagle brings a smelly hooker around.

Golf Talk Wednesday : What are you working on, or did you work on most recently with your swing?

Left arm rotation and proper wrist set. Watching all your 'gram videos of late just reinforce how far across the line I come, particularly with the longer clubs. That and Malaska's "hands in, club head out" which works better for me than Monte's "zipper away" as a means to solve for EE.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Anyone that isn't taking this afternoon off to go play golf is a complete and utter freaking dingus.

Note: I am not taking this afternoon off to go play golf.

I got more important things to do...like work on sexy dance moves:

giphy.gif

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Has anyone played Eagles nest? Any good?

Played it a few times.

Halcyan used to belong there. It's nice. A couple of weak holes, but some very nice ones, too. Greens can be tricky, especially when fast. Although, some are very tricky and some aren't but you think they are because the other ones are. Like the devil's best trick was convincing the world he didn't exist.

From the club house, 1, and 10 go straight down hill. 9 and 18 come straight up hill. I don't know if there are steeper approaches in the area than those two holes. Like steeper than 14 at Norbeck. Steeper than 18 at Hobbits. Straight up hill.

Couple of long 4's. Couple of short ones that dog leg. Nice outside area. I think there are nice views, but I might be getting some memories confused with Hillendale which is also north of the city.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Doesn't really do it justice, but this is a huge drop to below.

It's steep like 12 at Waverly, but way longer.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

GTW: Transition and getting the arms to accelerate in the target direction via 'In and Extend' from Monte's Drive 4 Dough video.

No chance of skipping the afternoon to play golf today. Night routes are a-calling.

Doubt I'll be playing until near the Equinoxious aside from range sessions and short game stuff at Black Rock.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

To go along with the winds at Pebble yesterday, a couple of the long hitters went out to #7. JB hit 6, Finau hit 5.

http://www.golfdiges...social_facebook

"Always have heard the stories of Pebble Beach on a windy rainy day. 5i into #7 112 yards. And hit the green. Some of the most fun I have ever had on the course."

Nice.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Has anyone played Eagles nest? Any good?
Played it a few times. Halcyan used to belong there. It's nice. A couple of weak holes, but some very nice ones, too. Greens can be tricky, especially when fast. Although, some are very tricky and some aren't but you think they are because the other ones are. Like the devil's best trick was convincing the world he didn't exist. From the club house, 1, and 10 go straight down hill. 9 and 18 come straight up hill. I don't know if there are steeper approaches in the area than those two holes. Like steeper than 14 at Norbeck. Steeper than 18 at Hobbits. Straight up hill. Couple of long 4's. Couple of short ones that dog leg. Nice outside area. I think there are nice views, but I might be getting some memories confused with Hillendale which is also north of the city.

Clubcorp just bought it, so good to know it's half decent.

I've heard their CEO wanted a presence in Maryland, looks like they're getting one fairly quickly.

GTW: Too many things, per usual. Recently I've started trying to focus on driving my right shoulder into the ball in the downswing, and then from there just letting momentum carry me around. I've been striking it pretty well with that mindset (with a super awesome traj), but I'm not always very good at the momentum bit. I've basically always powered through the entire swing as hard as I can, which leads to all sorts of misses - as anyone who's played with me can attest to. I've also been focusing on rotating more around my spin (laterally) and less up during my backswing, so I don't end up over-rotating or reverse pivoting. Basically rotating against my hips as opposed to just twisting as far around as I can. A lower left arm at the top, more on my shoulder plane. And I think I'm going to add trying to add more extension into my swing, to top the list off. That'll be my experiment this Saturday.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

GTW: Too many things, per usual. Recently I've started trying to focus on driving my right shoulder into the ball in the downswing, and then from there just letting momentum carry me around. I've been striking it pretty well with that mindset (with a super awesome traj), but I'm not always very good at the momentum bit. I've basically always powered through the entire swing as hard as I can, which leads to all sorts of misses - as anyone who's played with me can attest to. I've also been focusing on rotating more around my spin (laterally) and less up during my backswing, so I don't end up over-rotating or reverse pivoting. Basically rotating against my hips as opposed to just twisting as far around as I can. A lower left arm at the top, more on my shoulder plane. And I think I'm going to add trying to add more extension into my swing, to top the list off. That'll be my experiment this Saturday.

This is how I picture Siegel's swing coming together