2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Buy 100% legit rain gear. Do NOT go cheap. Whether you get it on sale or not is a different story.

Exactly how I feel about toilet paper and tires.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I need to start paying attention to how I pose for pictures to avoid retaliation.

you have really stepped up your mspaint/shopjob game! i've definitely noticed. as per your point about pics, here's the thing. take away amusing poses and you take away the fun that can happen afterwards. adding in shakeweights has no meaning unless it's in a candid shot.

for example:

Schweet!

I installed GIMP awhile ago for something and just remembered I had it. Though I often follow the CityGame theory that terrible MS Paint work can be just as artistic and hilarious, so don't always use it.

He only says that to make me feel better about myself.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

^^^

That's skinny Tex, Domes. Mrs. Tex said she wanted him to look more like Matthew McConaughey, so he went full Dallas Buyers Club McConaughey. You never go full Dallas Buyers Club McConaughey.

What about Old Rusty From True Detective McConaughey?

Looks like the middle brother of Kid Rock and Kevin Chappell...

Kid-Rock.jpeg

kevin-chappell-pebble-beach_t780.jpg

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I need to start paying attention to how I pose for pictures to avoid retaliation.

you have really stepped up your mspaint/shopjob game! i've definitely noticed. as per your point about pics, here's the thing. take away amusing poses and you take away the fun that can happen afterwards. adding in shakeweights has no meaning unless it's in a candid shot.

for example:

Schweet!

I installed GIMP awhile ago for something and just remembered I had it. Though I often follow the CityGame theory that terrible MS Paint work can be just as artistic and hilarious, so don't always use it.

Not true. See, for instance, your tiny cowboy hat on C.Freeman's head.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

^^^

That's skinny Tex, Domes. Mrs. Tex said she wanted him to look more like Matthew McConaughey, so he went full Dallas Buyers Club McConaughey. You never go full Dallas Buyers Club McConaughey.

Sull, yes. I've been eyeing how to post that cutout of tex in other pictures since I saw it.

Can I please have the invisible background version?

City wins again...

Was looking through pictures at home last night and got some good comments from the family...

Wife:

"Why is your arm up like that?"

"Why are you slouching like that?"

"What is up with your face"

"What are those guys doing?"

"Candid pictures don't work out too well for you" (then I explained that I was aware and that there would most likely be an MSPainted p**** added to the pic soon to which she replied "That sounds like a funny picture, show me that one"

The Eagle gif was a big hit. After my wife said "Is that guy peeing? Why would you guys take pictures of each other peeing?" Then before I had a chance to try and explain the kids ran over and wanted to see the "movie of the boy peeing in the woods" and then as we kept going through pictures they kept asking "Is that the guy that peed in the woods? Did you pee in the woods daddy? Why don't you use the potty like other people?"

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

^^^

Sull, yes. I've been eyeing how to post that cutout of tex in other pictures since I saw it.

Tex in that pic be like.

dude, you need to stop hanging out with non-emotive movie stars.

sad_keanu_tex1.png

do your own work next time you lazy F

sad_tex.png

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

^^^

Tex in that pic be like.

Yes. Exactly.

The Eagle gif was a big hit. After my wife said "Is that guy peeing? Why would you guys take pictures of each other peeing?" Then before I had a chance to try and explain the kids ran over and wanted to see the "movie of the boy peeing in the woods" and then as we kept going through pictures they kept asking "Is that the guy that peed in the woods? Did you pee in the woods daddy? Why don't you use the potty like other people?"

so happy i could bring your family joy. too bad this didn't happen, could have been epic.

There%2527sSomethingAbout%2BMary.jpg

WEVE GOT A BLEEDER!

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

That picture makes me look like I wanted to smack Endless ;)

protos F4

THE LARGER POINT : Many of us have ego's tied up with our golf games. I respect everyone who shares their up's and down's here because most people would rather just go on about their business without anyone noticing. A lot of people don't want to leave that comfort zone of playing just with their friends, for fun, taking 3-foot gimmes. We all -- myself strongly included -- have easy excuses for why we didn't put up a better number.

Couldn't agree more with City. The more you do this, the better it becomes. It will never be easy or not-nervy to hit the first tee in a tournament/match setting but the more you do it, the better it gets.

2011 was the first real event I played on a local am tour and my hands were shaking so bad on the first tee I wondered if I would be able to get the ball onto the tee. First tee at Pendleton has...I dont know, 100 yards of gunch to carry from the back tee. Plus people standing around plus having our names announced...I about s*** myself right before I skulled/line drived one about 150 yards in the air. I was completely embarrassed but it was into the fairway and (I think) it was a Par 5 so I was happy as hell. But almost every time I get ready for a big match I think about how I managed to make it through that day.

Whether its mens league, A/B team matches, MSGA/VSGA stuff, DCGT - its all a great experience.

Buy 100% legit rain gear. Do NOT go cheap. Whether you get it on sale or not is a different story. My stuff is foot joy. The same jacket as eagle, their rain pants, and their black rain gloves that a couple folks have recommended.

Second this. I cheaped out on rain gear for a long time and had to replace stuff as it got beat up. Went with Galvin Green over two years ago and the stuff is built like a tank. Better yet it was slightly cheaper than the FJ stuff at the time. Makes a huge difference.

My favorite Eagle rain gear story was asking about whatever jacket he was wearing at the time, I think it was a great looking high end Gore Tex jacket of some kind - with a Pacific Dunes logo.

Me: Hey, how was that trip? I really want to get out there some day.

Eagle: Me too...no idea...

Me: (???)

Eagle: $50, BST...

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

THE LARGER POINT : Many of us have ego's tied up with our golf games. I respect everyone who shares their up's and down's here because most people would rather just go on about their business without anyone noticing. A lot of people don't want to leave that comfort zone of playing just with their friends, for fun, taking 3-foot gimmes. We all -- myself strongly included -- have easy excuses for why we didn't put up a better number.

Couldn't agree more with City. The more you do this, the better it becomes. It will never be easy or not-nervy to hit the first tee in a tournament/match setting but the more you do it, the better it gets.

2011 was the first real event I played on a local am tour and my hands were shaking so bad on the first tee I wondered if I would be able to get the ball onto the tee. First tee at Pendleton has...I dont know, 100 yards of gunch to carry from the back tee. Plus people standing around plus having our names announced...I about s*** myself right before I skulled/line drived one about 150 yards in the air. I was completely embarrassed but it was into the fairway and (I think) it was a Par 5 so I was happy as hell. But almost every time I get ready for a big match I think about how I managed to make it through that day.

Fun hole. I never know where to put my second shot because I can't bring myself to hugging that left side like I really should.

Bagger Vance on Golf Channel again. Ugh.

just when i thought we wouldn't get a meme out of this year, it came to me on my 10x cycling through the pics...

#ocgolfricking

ocgolfricking.png

"i don't always win stuff, but when i do, and i get my picture taken, i have to cover up my massive raging bone in a very particular way."

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

just when i thought we wouldn't get a meme out of this year, it came to me on my 10x cycling through the pics...

#ocgolfricking

ocgolfricking.png

"i don't always win stuff, but when i do, and i get my picture taken, i have to cover up my massive raging bone in a very particular way."

OK, after winning the Presidents Cup its entirely possible that I may have, in the excitement of finally getting that elusive major win, possibly had the testosterone flowing to the nether regions. However, the photo at the bar, I was between the giant vertical height behemoth that is Endless and the other horizontal giant behemoth in Nerf. Really, I'm more like a jigsaw piece that doesn't fit in the spot, but you wedge it in anyway. Thus the clasped hands look there, as I'm practically in the middle seat in the airplane row here. Also, while I am laughing outwardly, there is a small piece of me that in this photograph is thinking, "Dear God, did I ever drink out of anything that City handed me?"

Did anyone else think its was strange the COHO grill people wanted our photo? Do we look like their usual clientele?

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

Talk about a stacked team. Beau Hossler is last on his Texas team at the Regionals. And his teammate is beating him by 9.

Fwiw, Beau shot 73...they are -20 for the first round.

Beau backed it up with a 64 today!

Texas Team shot -17 today. 3 off their pace yesterday. Nothing like a 17 shot lead leading into the final round.

Ah, the #CityTwerk. Almost forgot that one....

As a follow up, and for reference...

i think we all agree: city has enough already.

i wish someone had taken a pic of me rubbing your belly for luck. or did that only happen in my mind? things got fuzzy sunday night. #whateagledid

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Ah, the #CityTwerk. Almost forgot that one....

As a follow up, and for reference...

i think we all agree: city has enough already.

i wish someone had taken a pic of me rubbing your belly for luck. or did that only happen in my mind? things got fuzzy sunday night. #whateagledid

Not sure. Gonna say it could very well have occurred. I'll defer to Rick.

City, the B3 Clicgear bag is pretty sweet, I think. Though the 2015 one I have is big and the 2016 one looks massive. The main thing that's nice is the notch on the bottom to keep it locked in. I believe Ogio or Sun Mountain has a similar bag, but I can't find the name of it right now. I'll keep looking.

The thing I noticed about cart bags and the clicgear bag I have is that the club direction is reversed. Cart bags typically have the shortest clubs in the front so you can reach them on the riding cart, but the Clicgear bag has the short clubs in the back so that they are on the bottom when it's on the push cart. So a bag good on the clic isn't necessarily good in a cart, even though at first glance you'd think they should be the same. Maybe something that loads sideways instead of front to back would be a good compromise?

the Bag Boy has a 14-hole top that ROTATES. You can spin it around to get your club.

I have the SM Sync bag (and an Ogio Chamber). Not too big, has 15-way divider with slots to slip the a cart strap around the bag without blocking pockets, fits push carts better and, as Sully points out, clubs are reversed so that you can pull them easier.

Note: Sync works great on a push cart but has one drawback that I can found. As I found out at Bulle, you can't pull down a cart cover over the bag so easily with the clubs reversed (since the cover is sloped) so it's the Chamber when I know I'm riding and the Sync when walking. Chamber locks clubs in so there's no chatter but Sync is slimmer.

I think I'm getting rid of my new bag due to putter well issues.

Who uses a cart bag with their Clic? Goose has a C-130 I think right? Anyone else have a different cart bag they love?

The Sync fits mine great but you have to decide if you like the clubs reversed. I haven't tried to reverse the reversal but I'm thinking about it. Otherwise, though, it's a nice, light bag.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

I think I'm getting rid of my new bag due to putter well issues.

Who uses a cart bag with their Clic? Goose has a C-130 I think right? Anyone else have a different cart bag they love?

OGIO silencer bag. Legit and light as well.

protos F4

Yep, I've had a C-130 for three seasons now. It's a hoss but I love the thing. It's got its own lined rangefinder pocket for using an actual cart, the strap slots are well thought out, and it has my #1 desired feature in a bag- a putter well.

It could really use a bigger insulated pocket for drinks but since I got a Hydroflask I don't need it.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Domes... Ping traverse. 5.5 pounds. Very spacious. Clubs slide in and out very smoothly. Nice pocket structure. Could not rec more.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Yep, I've had a C-130 for three seasons now. It's a hoss but I love the thing. It's got its own lined rangefinder pocket for using an actual cart, the strap slots are well thought out, and it has my #1 desired feature in a bag- a putter well.

It could really use a bigger insulated pocket for drinks but since I got a Hydroflask I don't need it.

we should all do a hydroflask exchange some time. Just try other people's out to see if we prefer different colors or lid types.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green