2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

eagle1997 LOL! I am glad D was able to get that pic!

Nice meeting and playing with you, dcmidnight and Sullgolf! Pin positions were pretty tough. No wonder 6 hour rounds happened.

Sullgolf - Yea 9 was pretty awesome. Your pic is pretty accurate, we both hit our tee shots left of the cart path and both went left of the tree on our 2nd shots. The only thing we could laser was 225 halfway into the hill in front of the green. 5 wood for D and 21 degree hybrid for me.

Sometimes you hit your best shots when you don't have any other options and laying up is not an option on WRX as we all know.

WITB Currently
Titleist TSR2 10*

Callaway Paradym 16.5*

Titleist TSi1 20*

Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Irons - Srixon ZX7 5-PW

Cleveland RTX6 56*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II Centershaft/Ping Tyne C

Mizuno K1-L0

If you rank the best days of your life, how many days until golf? And not like oh I played golf the day I got married I mean golf is the reason for the ranking

your timing is poor if you want a lot of responses.

But I like that question. I'm just posting this to remember to get back to it.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

If you rank the best days of your life, how many days until golf? And not like oh I played golf the day I got married I mean golf is the reason for the ranking

Probably 4th, behind the birth of my kids, and my wedding. Oddly enough, I can't think of what I'd consider my "best" golf day off the top of my head. I just know it'd be 4th :)

Played 18 on Saturday at Magnolia Green in the scorching heat. The course is a great layout and in great shape. The greens kicked my a** all day and the front nine I had a could drives that were just drawing a bit too much. In reality all is need to do is aim more out to the right but the mindfuck of playing a shot so it draws in off a tree line is too much for me. I three putted way too many of the greens and couldn't get a handle on the speed. My driving on the back 9 was absolutely ridiculous. I was crushing it and was able to dial back the amount of right to left. Ended up shooting 22 over and got a round in in under 3.5 hours.

Woke up this morning and didn't see any rain. Checked the radar while I dropped my morning deuce and it looked safe until 12. Got dressed and headed to Sycamore Creek. Played the front with three lost tee shots (one snap hook and two that were drawing just a wee too much) and one three putt that resulted in two blow up holes (a triple and a quad). Number 9 was actually a huge drive uphill but it landed at the top of a side slope that starts at the left fairway that runs down into a little creek so I lost a ball there. Then I shanked my approach and chipped onto the green to the wrong tier. Oh well. Ended up finishing the front at 11 over.

On the back I had no lost tee shots and finished 3 over bringing me in at 14 over. I had two birdies, two pars, and five bogeys. Two of those bogeys were three putts.

One thing that was a bit annoying was that I stuck some really close approaches and par three tee shots and was spinning them back 10 yards or so. I started to club up to accommodate for it and would just swim easier but it would still have the same result.

Anywho, definitely happy with the result today but still room for improvement. Hope everyone enjoys their holiday.

Perfect Eagle answer....I'd say my wedding was one but we got married on the course at Kiawah so...one?

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

What you were all waiting for: davechen beat me 2&1 at Clustered Spires.

He trounced me out of the gate, making a 10 footer for par on 4, and another par (net birdie) on 3 when I missed my ~8footer for bird, and I threw away 4 after missing the green from 120 out in the fairway. I clawed it back to 1 down by 6 though. On 7 we pushed with pars, and on 8 he got a stroke and we both made ugly doubles. I had a 5 footer for bogie to halve and missed it. Made an easy 4 on 9 so most likely would have halved the match if I made that 5 footer on 8. Had a few other putts that length that would have halved or won holes, but the putts weren't falling on the front 9. But he was 1 over through 4, then made bogie/par on 6 and 7, so he was playing well and I was right there. Good match.

Putts were dropping on the back 9 though. Ended up shooting 43/39 = 82. I had 3 or 4 poor tee shots with 4-wood and driver, but don't think I hit a bad shot otherwise. A few bad lies with bad results, and a few misclubs, but solid shots. The 39 on the back was with a triple too...had two bogies and two birdies to go with that. My ball striking is like night and day compared to at the Cap Cup 2 weeks ago. A++ for Monte. Feels like I'm a few practice sessions from being at 75 instead of 82.

PQ was 1 over and could have been a few under with some extra putts dropping. Solid round for him. He played from the whites with us and hit lots of 3-wood and hybrids off the tee, but finally broke out the big dog on #18 and laced it 310-320 to the right rough.

I needled Golfer827 on every single tee box about his strategy of just dropping the ball and not using a tee when hitting long irons and fairway woods. Then he did it and hit a pretty solid shot on 17, so he'll probably continue to think that's a good strategy :)

Got back at it at Bull Run this morning. Still trying to find the swing a bit, but a respectable 42-41. A couple bad drives, but nothng like Friday with Puppet. Birdied both the par 5s on the back, but inconsistent iron play really set me back.

A few pages back, Puppet was comparing his D swing to Sir Charles'?

http://youtu.be/GZ-FvLB-nI4

Child, please.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Played my match with C.Free today at Needwood. We decided to play it as an 18 holer. Woke up late for our AoD tee time, ran out the door four minutes later, and went straight to the first tee.

Proceeded to shoot even par on the front, and closed it out on 12. Lost steam coming in walking in the heat with two doubles to end up shooting 74.

Got Stix and Boogs to round out the foursome with Freezy. You can't ask for a better group.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I can rival Reifers' swass any day of the week. Right, guys?

Had my first good round of golf in about 3 weeks today. I implemented the softer arms with the 3 wood and the one driver swing. It apparently worked. I hit one ball into the hazard but limited the damage two a bogey. Putting was on point. Chipping was average. Irons were solid.

First time with THDC. He beat Sully in a good match. Very consistent golfer. Extremely nice guy, for an assassin anyhow.

First round with Golfer. Hit some nice shots and started rolling the ball better as the round went on. Tee it up!

Sully will drop the HCP by 3-4 strokes this year. So impressed with his transformation. Hitting nice high draws with his 4 wood all day. Irons have a great flight. Putting on front cost him the match, but made some bombs on the back 9.

Did I mention swass?

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

Great early round with Eagle, Freezy, and Stix. Love playing with these guys, always a great round with any of them.

My only recap is old Asian men should not be allowed on the golf course.

Hulk Smash out.

*mic drop

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Yeah, that's right. Kinda blocked that out because I played the inside 9 with my boy after the round.

Was on the verge of being fisticuffs. If they had hit it 10 yards closer on 18 (the THIRD time hitting into us)... OR if Darren and I had been riding vs walking... Escalation was going to become inevitable. My extremely loud cursing back at the tee box might have been more effective if they actually understood English.

Boogs, our continent was not well represented by the group behind us. :(

Note to self: must tee off even earlier on holidays. 7:12 isn't early enough to avoid the oblivious.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Played my match yesterday and lost 3 & 2. For as good as I played on Sat. to get to the final of all things my driver let me down. I could not keep it in the fairway and the rough is brutal right now. I was dead behind two trees and dead in front of another with no swing. Played #1 like a turd and the day was not getting better quickly.

1 made a 6

2 made a 5

3, 4, 5, 6,, 7 all pars and I am 3 down

8 bogey

9 par down 2

10 bogey down 3

12, 12, 13, all pars

14 birdie down 2

15 & 16 pars Down 3 and the match is over

The better man won. Played today and I think I was a little shot due to the heat and playing 6 straight days.

Got out at Kenwood Country Club today. 71 (1 over) with 7 GIRs and 4 Fairways, only 27 putts helps.

Hope everyone had a nice day out on the course!

WITB Currently
Titleist TSR2 10*

Callaway Paradym 16.5*

Titleist TSi1 20*

Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Irons - Srixon ZX7 5-PW

Cleveland RTX6 56*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II Centershaft/Ping Tyne C

Mizuno K1-L0

If anyone wants this year's Nike Flex 440 with a Diamana S+ in stiff, let me know. I got in on that $174 deal from DSG, so it's your for cost plus tax. Would prefer to hand off vs ship.

Still in plastic. I hit Boog's one. He kills it, but the shaft isn't for me. Sound is incredible- muted thunder.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Just picked up a M1 430 in 9.5 off of here. He's shipping tomorrow via Priority mail. During the rain on Saturday I got restless and went to Golfsmith to try one out. The 460 didn't feel any different than my R15. The 430 was a bomber with tight dispersion and super low spin. The launch angle was a bit low though. Picked up the head on the cheap so if it doesn't work out I'll just let it go and no harm done.

How about them Tar Heels! Men's and women's champs. :)

I can't even. Impressive showing by both UNC teams though, came out strong and took the punches from the turtles.

Golf related, I hope I can get out of work early this week to get some reps in. Need to get my game restarted before I finish out these match-plays.

It was a really great day out there. I was fully prepared to slog through the rain, but it never showed. On the back 9 it got sunny and downright hot.

Brian and I had a really good match, it was cool to play with Scott again, and it was great to play with Phil. He made the course his biyatch.

In the match I started out hot. 1 over par through the first 4 holes, so I was up 3. But then I blew up on #5 and Brian worked his way back into the match, winning the next to holes. We tied 7 and 8 and I managed to hold him off.

If we had played an 18 hole match, he would have kicked my a**. He really turned it on on the back 9, and I crapped the bed in the middle section (8-13). I sort of righted the ship at the end, with a par and 4 bogies coming in.

My game continues to be a work in progress. Some good things coming out of the Monte outing. Irons and hybrids were pretty good. Putting is a bit better, but it wasn't really a problem before. Pitching is getting better, although still getting used to the Monte method. I had one bad sand shot, so I gotta work on that.

Driving was not very good. According to the scorecard (thanks Scott) I only hit 36% of the fairway. I had a pretty bad case of the slices. I only had one good drive of 250 yards that was still 40 yards behind Phil's 3 wood. Such is my lot in life. :)

Yeah, that's right. Kinda blocked that out because I played the inside 9 with my boy after the round.

Was on the verge of being fisticuffs. If they had hit it 10 yards closer on 18 (the THIRD time hitting into us)... OR if Darren and I had been riding vs walking... Escalation was going to become inevitable. My extremely loud cursing back at the tee box might have been more effective if they actually understood English.

Boogs, our continent was not well represented by the group behind us. :(

Note to self: must tee off even earlier on holidays. 7:12 isn't early enough to avoid the oblivious.

The lack of etiquette of those 3 f*cks was ridiculous. I hope they hit into the wrong group during another round, a fight breaks out, and they all get knocked out.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI