Taylormade Superfast 2.0 Tp Vs. Aeroburner

lefty32077

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be in the minority, but I didn't find the Aero to be that good at all. Actually, I thought it was the worst feeling Burner ever. I've had about 5. The SF feels a mile better. You may get a few more yards out of the new stuff, but honestly I'd keep the SF. Good luck!

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

I love the new ab tp fairways. I think they're longer, they are easy off the deck. I actually like the wooden cracked bat sound and feel, much prefer it over tingy.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

I have the AB TP with a Fuji 73 pro and love it. If you are asking if it is better than the 2.0 TP only you can be the judge to that. IMO it is a better driver, easier to hit and the AB has more of a fade bias which I like. Go and demo the TP and find out for yourself. Good luck.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

Hit AB and owned SF TP 2.0....pretty sure they're same distance wise with same shaft.....how can they not be? COR hasn't changed.....SF feels better and is prolly more fade biased.....AB has more upright stance.....hard to find SF TP 2.0 bcuz they were that good....idk $399 vs $100 with any shaft you want for SF TP 2.0

• 5 months later...

I have a sftp 2.0 LCG and need to get some track man #'s for the sftp compared to the Ab TP, both are great clubs IMOP, though I feel like to get the ab tp in that zone it requires a lot of customization

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

AB TP vs SFTP 2.0 LCG "+"

Wish they had the same shaft

Like the ABTP head shap and graphics a little better, additionally the head is a little wider

have to tweak the SFTP though, its like 45.5" @ 332g, need to shorten to the AB TP length and had about 10g to the head to get to the same weight 342~g

[attachment=2979664:image.jpg][attachment=2979666:image.jpg][attachment=2979668:image.jpg]

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I'm pretty happy with my current driver but the AB TP tempts me because I want to believe it's the SFTP 2.0 in feel, sound and distance but straighter and more forgiving.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1443972151' post='12408586']
I'm pretty happy with my current driver but the AB TP tempts me because I want to believe it's the SFTP 2.0 in feel, sound and distance but straighter and more forgiving.
[/quote]

KYMAR, your above statement is not far from the truth, however, compared to an adjustable head, getting the spot on set up is a little more difficult due to the glued hosel and not weights to toy with.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Really? Interesting. The SFTP 2 is still the best feeling/ sounding driver I've hit. Since the SFTP, I've played the RFE and the OG X-hot non pro. I really don't miss the heal toe weights, I do like the quick ability to change shafts but I just got a big boy shaft puller and no extra costs for new tip adapters. Maybe I'll try to pick up a head only once prices start to drop even more over the winter. Thanks for the info man!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I've hit the AB TP with a Rogue 60 110 and it was a hook machine for me. Not sure why. The SF TP 2.0 was a fantastic line which we neutral to fade biased. My favorite was the LCG version noted by the TxxxxL serial number on the hosel. I had one off the Tour Van direct and eventually sold it for about $450 on Ebay. That was one of the best TM ever made imo. My 2 cents but the TP 2.0 is a much better club. That paint break on the face was a nice touch which like was a carry over from the V Steel Tour issue 3 woods.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1443974348' post='12408692']
I've hit the AB TP with a Rogue 60 110 and it was a hook machine for me. Not sure why. The SF TP 2.0 was a fantastic line which we neutral to fade biased. My favorite was the LCG version noted by the TxxxxL serial number on the hosel. I had one off the Tour Van direct and eventually sold it for about $450 on Ebay. That was one of the best TM ever made imo. My 2 cents but the TP 2.0 is a much better club. That paint break on the face was a nice touch which like was a carry over from the V Steel Tour issue 3 woods.
[/quote]

Ive had 2 "LCG +" heads now, never had one on Trackman, Im going to compare the LA, BS(the + from the van puts the CT around 240-248 CT" interesting to see how the Off the Rack compares), and Spin to the 9.5* ABTP(not 100% good test, lofts are not the same and shafts are different , though both are 80g'ers), really loving the the ABTP head right now with the ahina 80x ION, though SFTP 2.0 LCG head needs shortened

I find the ABTP stupid easy to hit, not the most LOW spin like an SLDR, but VERY VERY fun club, and if my mechanics are on, the spin is just fine and its a BOMBER, but for OFF days with the big stick, it keeps in in play and more than a good gamer.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1443974348' post='12408692']
[/quote]

I think the AB TP screams for a heavy shaft with the very light head.

Id be curious to measure a AB TP Tour head hosel length, my AB TP 9.5 Hosel is about ~.25 shorter than the SFTP 2.0 LCG hosel

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

There was a LONG thread around the time when the SFTP 2.0 was hot. There was the one serial line version which supposedly was really fade biased. Then there was the one with 2 serial lines which were gently fade biased (version 2), the tour issue ones with Txxxxx serial and the grand daddy pooba of them all the TXXXXL (LCG) version. The LCG was my favorite for sure. It definitely carried a little further than the other ones I tried.

Anyone have an idea how to find that link to the SFTP 2.0 thread?

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1443975311' post='12408746']
There was a LONG thread around the time when the SFTP 2.0 was hot. There was the one serial line version which supposedly was really fade biased. Then there was the one with 2 serial lines which were gently fade biased (version 2), the tour issue ones with Txxxxx serial and the grand daddy pooba of them all the TXXXXL (LCG) version. The LCG was my favorite for sure. It definitely carried a little further than the other ones I tried.

[/quote]

Rookieblue still has like 3 of them, I think he's still bagging one.

as for the thread, there where several, though I would like to get some more infomration HOW/WHY the LCG is so good. Though I do believe that line is really good, as even with Tee up money, you still can spot some SFTP 2.0's series out on tour.

I recal there being four versions of the SF 2.0, v.4 being legandary:

v.1 - one serial
v.2 - two serials (as mentioned above)
v.3 - Tour Issue Txxxx
v.4 - Tour Issue LCG TxxxL dual serial #'s

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1443976006' post='12408772']

[/quote]

Rookieblue still has like 3 of them, I think he's still bagging one.

as for the thread, there where several, though I would like to get some more infomration HOW/WHY the LCG is so good. Though I do believe that line is really good, as even with Tee up money, you still can spot some SFTP 2.0's series out on tour.

I recal there being four versions of the SF 2.0, v.4 being legandary:

v.1 - one serial
v.2 - two serials (as mentioned above)
v.3 - Tour Issue Txxxx
v.4 - Tour Issue LCG TxxxL dual serial #'s
[/quote]

I think we just bumped up the value of the TXXXXL (v4) heads on ebay. ;)

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Now till recently havent banged the SFTP LCG against the ABTP, which is a relatively new club.

about a Month or 2 ago, just doing some real world (sort of) Driving range test, 915 D3 8.5, Tour Issue SLDR 9.5*(measured) - both with Speeder 8.1x VC and the SFTP 2.0 LCG matrix 8m3 XX, hitting all three clubs trying to see which was the best performance for consistency, Distance, LA, etc by eye on the range - NO MONITORS , all 3 clubs laid on the ground, a random gentleman, walked up to me and flat out asked, if I was testing drivers, and that he said he would make it simiple for me,, play the white one, he said, he didnt know what the hell club it(the sftp LCG) was but the sound and shots from the white one (Which was the SFTP 2.0 LCG) was significantly better than the "other two"

Even Random strangers love the SFTP 2.0 LCG

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1443974067' post='12408682']
Really? Interesting. The SFTP 2 is still the best feeling/ sounding driver I've hit. Since the SFTP, I've played the RFE and the OG X-hot non pro. I really don't miss the heal toe weights, I do like the quick ability to change shafts but I just got a big boy shaft puller and no extra costs for new tip adapters. Maybe I'll try to pick up a head only once prices start to drop even more over the winter. Thanks for the info man!
[/quote]

Will post some numbers , but short of it, Sftp 2.0 lcg nudges out the ABTP on track man testing

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='micha' timestamp='1444061340' post='12412706']
I think the Aeroburner fwys are the stars of that line. The driver for me was just average and spinny although I never really tried it with a shaft I liked. I remember the 2.0 being less spinny and just as hot off the face. I also like the Jetspeed drivers over the Aeroburner.
[/quote]

+1 AB FWs are tremendous.

TM SIM Max 10.5* Atmos Blue 65S
TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S

TM M4 Rescue 3
TM M3 Rescue 5

Srixon 565 5-P PX LZ 5.5
PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
Odyssey #9 O-Works

[/quote]

Surprisingly difficult to find

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/493749-superfast-20-version-2/

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Got the SFTP 2.0 LCG out on the course for a couple of holes

Some feedback

Limited holes played due to darkness

Found a lot of Fws with the SFTP 2.0 - Freakin ANTI LEFT, could be the black tie shaft vs the ABTP 's ahina 80x ION - only issue with the SFTP i have is the shaft, that Black Tie 8m3 xx is a lot of shaft.

Feedback not as good IMOP with the SFTP 2.0 vs the ABTP, couple with the SFTP that I thought where crap but where a long way down the fairway, and some that where straight, but distance wasnt what I thought it was going to be. Could be the ABTP 's 6 grams of hotmelt, need to add some more to the SFTP, as there is lead tape on the bottom currently.

The SFTP did produce a high flat flight, like others had mentioned.

I think the SFTP spins more on mis hits - has a deeper face slightly compared to the ABTP

SFTP compared to my ABTP, i feel like the SFTP, maybe its the 8.5 or less loft, requires the ball to tee'd up higher and more forward. Also tried to hit some laser or low bullets, easier to turn over the ABTP with the ball back in the stance, mother of god, had to STOMP on the SFTP with the ball lower back, or it was to the right side of the fairway for me. DEF harder to draw the SFTP 2.0 LCG.

Still testing, but have the SFTP 2.0 LCG in the bag for now.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1444182899' post='12420658']

Some feedback

Found a lot of Fws with the SFTP 2.0 - Freakin ANTI LEFT, could be the black tie shaft vs the ABTP 's ahina 80x ION - only issue with the SFTP i have is the shaft, that Black Tie 8m3 xx is a lot of shaft.

Feedback not as good IMOP with the SFTP 2.0 vs the ABTP, couple with the SFTP that I thought where crap but where a long way down the fairway, and some that where straight, but distance wasnt what I thought it was going to be. Could be the ABTP 's 6 grams of hotmelt, need to add some more to the SFTP, as there is lead tape on the bottom currently.

I think the SFTP spins more on mis hits - has a deeper face slightly compared to the ABTP

SFTP compared to my ABTP, i feel like the SFTP, maybe its the 8.5 or less loft, requires the ball to tee'd up higher and more forward. Also tried to hit some laser or low bullets, easier to turn over the ABTP with the ball back in the stance, mother of god, had to STOMP on the SFTP with the ball lower back, or it was to the right side of the fairway for me. DEF harder to draw the SFTP 2.0 LCG.

[/quote]

My ABTP reminds me of my beloved as SFTP long hosel.On the plus side, more forgiving,easier to turn over, and higher launching. On the minus side, the Long Hosel was Tour Issue, so it was hot melted, the perfect weight,and 1.5*-2* open. The Long Hosel was just the best feeling driver I've ever used;such a soft warm feel. Then it rocketed off the club face.

I think once some HM is added to the ABTP, it will be awesome. Then, it better prepare for a battle against the M1. Everyone is claiming driver of year already. Haven't hit it yet, but it is aesthetically better looking then the R15. So, if it gives looks, distance, AND forgiveness, it will be a top contender.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1444182899' post='12420658']

Some feedback

[/quote]

Abtp ahina 80x tipped 3/4 = 267 cpm
Sftp 2.0 lcg matrix 8m3 xx = 277 cpm

Both with grip

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN