2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Cota0429 WITB

Cota,

Looking into picking up a King Ltd, how is the size/appearance at address compared to the 915 D4? I know they are both are 460 but the D4 definitely had a nice compact look to it. Haven't been able to find the Cobra in a store around me yet to see.

Sim - Ad TP
M5 15 - Diamana B
Vapor Pro 
SM8 53, 58 
BM DH89SS 

Cota,

Looking into picking up a King Ltd, how is the size/appearance at address compared to the 915 D4? I know they are both are 460 but the D4 definitely had a nice compact look to it. Haven't been able to find the Cobra in a store around me yet to see.

D4 is more compact. I like the shape of the LTD better. I had trouble aligning the D4 correctly. I think my D4 combo was the longest I've ever had though.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Had a 4 ball qualifier today. This was the one I was hoping to do well in. The field was pretty deep. Lots of ex Pro's and the two guys in my group used to be on the Canadian tour. I made a mistake and bumped the loft up on the Cobra because it was wet and a little cold so I was trying to get more carry. Big mistake. I hooked everything on the front 9. I mean everything. I totally put too much pressure on my partner and we shot +2 on the front. Back 9 I adjusted we rallied back and made 4 birdies on the back. I'm assuming when I lofted up it closed the face. Anyways we needed to shoot 68 to qualify. I'm so bummed. But I need to get to work and start shooting in the 60s if I want to compete in legit competitions out here.

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Had a 4 ball qualifier today. This was the one I was hoping to do well in. The field was pretty deep. Lots of ex Pro's and the two guys in my group used to be on the Canadian tour. I made a mistake and bumped the loft up on the Cobra because it was wet and a little cold so I was trying to get more carry. Big mistake. I hooked everything on the front 9. I mean everything. I totally put too much pressure on my partner and we shot +2 on the front. Back 9 I adjusted we rallied back and made 4 birdies on the back. I'm assuming when I lofted up it closed the face. Anyways we needed to shoot 68 to qualify. I'm so bummed. But I need to get to work and start shooting in the 60s if I want to compete in legit competitions out here.

I made the same mistake the first time I tried my LTD Pro, had heard how low spin it was so I set it as high as possible. Low duck hooks, then it clicked to put it to a fade setting as I was used to squaring up an open clubface with past drivers and that the 10 degree setting was likely quite closed, and bam!

[u][b]2020 Bag[/b][/u]
Titleist TS3 9.5 [i]Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S[/i]
Titleist TS3 15 [i]/Aldila Rogue Silver 70S[/i]
Titleist TS2 19 [i]/Project X Evenflow White 90 6.0[/i]
Titleist T100 4-PW[i]/True Temper AMT Tour White S300[/i]
Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 60M 
Evnroll 1.2 34"

I made the same mistake the first time I tried my LTD Pro, had heard how low spin it was so I set it as high as possible. Low duck hooks, then it clicked to put it to a fade setting as I was used to squaring up an open clubface with past drivers and that the 10 degree setting was likely quite closed, and bam!

That is exactly what happened too. Frustrating. That being said, I don't like the fact that I can't loft up. Not getting rid of the driver... But I got something else on the way :)

001 TW Proto

That is exactly what happened too. Frustrating. That being said, I don't like the fact that I can't loft up. Not getting rid of the driver... But I got something else on the way :)

Atta boy, ho it up :)

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

So I'm pretty disappointed in Nike custom department. How do you not have shafts on hand for custom orders? My hybrid was supposed to be here and has been pushed back to the end of April. Same with the 3 wood. Makes me want to cancel my order and jump brands to someone that can fill a custom order. Cobra has been in my head as of late since I love the driver. Also thinking Ping. If it wasn't for how great these Vapor Fly Pro's are I would do a total bag swap right now lol. (Except the putter and wedges goodness they are good) might just end up cancelling this order and jumping ship to something else.

LTD fairway is the best feeling wood I've ever hit. It's addicting to hit

Thats true. My friend has the LTD 5 wood and I'm always begging to hit it. Flys so high and really easy to shape

Atta boy, ho it up :)

"There is always better" lol

001 TW Proto

Fly Pro? :)

I'm toggling between the M1 and G right now. They both have their strengths. It's a difficult proposition to pick one, so for now I wont!

Both are on my list that I haven't tried. Well 460 M1 that is.

Going Vapor 440 Flex!

001 TW Proto

Hit the Flex 440 yesterday at the local shop. Feel and sound are really good despite not historically getting along with the S+ (S+ limited in this case). What shaft did you order?

Titleist TSR2 9* - HZRDUS Red
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red
Taylormade Stealth Hybrid 19* - Fujikura Ventus Red
Titleist T200 2023 4-PW Aerotech SteelFiber 95
Taylormade MG3 50, 54, Hi-Toe 60
Taylormade Spider GT Max

I hit the new Vapor Flex last week. It sounds amazing. Oddly enough, I got better results with last years version. Could be the shaft though. The Vapor Fly Pro is pretty legit though. Good luck with figuring out the driver!

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

Cant wait to hear what you have to say about the Flex...I really want to try it but IRCC, last year's was stupid long but dispersion wasn't great.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

Hit the Flex 440 yesterday at the local shop. Feel and sound are really good despite not historically getting along with the S+ (S+ limited in this case). What shaft did you order?

I have a whiteboard here I'm throwing in it. 73 gram version. If I like the head I will most likely try a few shafts. Maybe a HZRDUS

001 TW Proto

I hit the new Vapor Flex last week. It sounds amazing. Oddly enough, I got better results with last years version. Could be the shaft though. The Vapor Fly Pro is pretty legit though. Good luck with figuring out the driver!

Thanks. Besides my last round with the Cobra I love the dispersion I get. I think I am giving up some distance though vs the D4 I had.

001 TW Proto

Cant wait to hear what you have to say about the Flex...I really want to try it but IRCC, last year's was stupid long but dispersion wasn't great.

My miss with last years was left. Could have been the shaft though. Honesty not too impressed with the Nike drivers this year. I think they are a little behind the 8 ball but I'm expecting big things next year. The Vapor Fly 2 dot seems to be what I am looking for yet it's not available to the public. We will see how this goes. The Cobra is staying though just dabbling a bit. :)

001 TW Proto

My miss with last years was left. Could have been the shaft though. Honesty not too impressed with the Nike drivers this year. I think they are a little behind the 8 ball but I'm expecting big things next year. The Vapor Fly 2 dot seems to be what I am looking for yet it's not available to the public. We will see how this goes. The Cobra is staying though just dabbling a bit. :)

I think Nike went backwards this year. Last year's lineup was pretty solid and this year going Blue with the woods was just not smart. Not many people want a blue driver although I could play it just fine. I wonder where sales are at for them compared to the first quarter of 2015.

I think Nike went backwards this year. Last year's lineup was pretty solid and this year going Blue with the woods was just not smart. Not many people want a blue driver although I could play it just fine. I wonder where sales are at for them compared to the first quarter of 2015.

I think you're right...if it's going to be a striking blue head, it better outperform the rest.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

Blue is my weakness. Couldn't resist and have one coming. But yeah, not for everyone, which Nike will never be anyways. Also didn't hurt that I hit the fly pro better than any of the new drivers. The cobra was close though

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

I didn't like the Flex, reminded me of the Callaway C4. The fly pro is good once you get it dialed in.

I like the head on the flex. Almost got the pro but then remembered not liking the head at address.

001 TW Proto

I'm a fan of the blue. Curious which direction they head color wise next year. They got some good athletes on staff. Killed it in the apparel department this year at least for me anyway. Last years flex was very impressive, just not sure how much this will differ.

001 TW Proto

Blue is my weakness. Couldn't resist and have one coming. But yeah, not for everyone, which Nike will never be anyways. Also didn't hurt that I hit the fly pro better than any of the new drivers. The cobra was close though

Never thought I would have a Cobra driver in my bag. Cobra is slowly growing on me. The new baffle me that Rickie is testing looks dope.

001 TW Proto

I'm a fan of the blue. Curious which direction they head color wise next year.

me too, it grew on me

for some reason, i see orange for next season

but not a full on orange head, back to a black head w orange accents replacing volt completely

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

I'm a fan of the blue. Curious which direction they head color wise next year.

me too, it grew on me

for some reason, i see orange for next season

but not a full on orange head, back to a black head w orange accents replacing volt completely

In for black with purple swoosh. Laker fan talking here lol.

001 TW Proto

I'm a fan of the blue. Curious which direction they head color wise next year. They got some good athletes on staff. Killed it in the apparel department this year at least for me anyway. Last years flex was very impressive, just not sure how much this will differ.

I don't mind the blue either but most people I've talked to say it's horrible looking. I think last years paint scheme was great and maybe moving forward Nike could have a Black/Grey standard version then a difference color that stands out in a Colorway version or something.

New bag to go with new clubs :)

001 TW Proto