2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Official Taylormade M1 Driver Thread

Llortamaisey

[quote name='Benkross' timestamp='1451034399' post='12761966'][quote name='Boydr12' timestamp='1447730778' post='12608658'][quote name='Green in Reg' timestamp='1447715701' post='12607362']
Has anybody added hot melt through the small port to get the head-weight up?
[/quote]

Just dropped mine off at continental golf today to get some hot melt put in, more so to dampen the sound a little bit. They measured it for me and it's already at D4, but it just doesn't feel hat heavy to me. So I don't think a few grams is gonna hurt. Btw I've got a AD-MT 6X in it, so not stock[/quote] so jealous of your setup. It felt amazing. That's what I got fit for... two weeks after my 915D3 arrived in the mail : ( - now I have to find someone to take my driver off my hands.[/quote]
Thanks for the reply. :)
I got mine this morning, also has a square face.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New M1 460 owner checking in. I have only had the chance to play the club on course once and at the range twice but I am having issues hitting the ball a little to the right like many of you reported. I'm glad I read through this thread a little to see that going to the more upright setting straightened out a few of your issues.

I am going to hit the range on Thursday at the most upright lie angle setting and add .75 degrees of loft resulting in 10.25. I have both the Aldila Rogue Silver and KK shafts for the driver as well so I will try both in this setup.

I am going to take my Big Bertha Alpha 815 with me as well and if the Callaway out performs the M1 it's going to the classifieds. I really want to love this club and it's probably just a matter of getting it dialed in but if it isn't getting it done sayonara.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | G430 3 Hybrid |  ZX7 MKII 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

New M1 460 owner checking in. I have only had the chance to play the club on course once and at the range twice but I am having issues hitting the ball a little to the right like many of you reported. I'm glad I read through this thread a little to see that going to the more upright setting straightened out a few of your issues.

I am going to hit the range on Thursday at the most upright lie angle setting and add .75 degrees of loft resulting in 10.25. I have both the Aldila Rogue Silver and KK shafts for the driver as well so I will try both in this setup.

I am going to take my Big Bertha Alpha 815 with me as well and if the Callaway out performs the M1 it's going to the classifieds. I really want to love this club and it's probably just a matter of getting it dialed in but if it isn't getting it done sayonara.

Sounds good....let us know how it goes please

I've got my 430 10.5 in now, I'm using my gamer Graphite Design from my SLDR 430.

I am setting it up EXACTLY how I played my SLDR. I just milled down my two weights to get to D0 swingweight to match my lighter SLDR 430 head.

I'll let you know how it hits this weekend. I played it with the Rogue Black Stiff, and I was actually spinning it too much. It upshot. I dialed it down to 9 deg to lower the ball flight but it never performed like the 460 with a Rogue Black X Stiff did.

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Currently play a 12* SLDR 460cc with Adlila Tour Green. Does anyone have any comparisons between the SLDR and the M1? Is it worth getting the M1?

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

Currently play a 12* SLDR 460cc with Adlila Tour Green. Does anyone have any comparisons between the SLDR and the M1? Is it worth getting the M1?

The M1 is much more forgiving.

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Got my M1 delivered today so I had to go get some range time with it. Unfortunately it is cold so I hit balls at the indoor dome. No way to gauge ball flight very well since it only travels about 60 yards but this thing is a beast. I haven't owned a driver that put off ball speeds like I was seeing with this. I was getting a bit of a slice/fade with it but I kept hitting near the heel. Once I get a bit more comfortable with it my driving should be much better than the Fly-Z I had before.

I went to the range at lunch and I am definitely hitting the Callaway 815 Alpha better. The 815 Alpha is a 10.5 with loft set at 10.5, draw lie setting, with the weights setup for a draw. The shaft is an Aldila Tour Blue Stiff shaft.

The M1 is set at 10.25 (9.5 head), most upright lie setting, weight moved to max draw setting, other weight moved to highest setting. I am using the KK Silver shaft.

I went through a cycle of hitting 5 balls with the Callaway then 5 balls with the M1 and the Callaway is launching much higher, carrying further and staying straighter. I was still losing the M1 right on my misses and have had a tough time getting the ball to draw.

The catch here is that my back is a little sore / tight right now so I'm not going to give up until I hit the range at 100% again but if I were playing tomorrow, the M1 would be staying at home.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | G430 3 Hybrid |  ZX7 MKII 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I ordered a M1 12 degree on 10-27-15, still have not received it. Has anyone else had trouble getting a 12 degree head. Was told they were back-ordered, but that was a month ago.

Check with your order placer...that's way too long, even with a back order...possibly they missed it or are giving you a run around.

I went to the range at lunch and I am definitely hitting the Callaway 815 Alpha better. The 815 Alpha is a 10.5 with loft set at 10.5, draw lie setting, with the weights setup for a draw. The shaft is an Aldila Tour Blue Stiff shaft.

The M1 is set at 10.25 (9.5 head), most upright lie setting, weight moved to max draw setting, other weight moved to highest setting. I am using the KK Silver shaft.

I went through a cycle of hitting 5 balls with the Callaway then 5 balls with the M1 and the Callaway is launching much higher, carrying further and staying straighter. I was still losing the M1 right on my misses and have had a tough time getting the ball to draw.

The catch here is that my back is a little sore / tight right now so I'm not going to give up until I hit the range at 100% again but if I were playing tomorrow, the M1 would be staying at home.

The catch here is you're hitting two different profile of shaft. I fit perfectly into a WB KKxt profile and couldn't hit the Blue to save my life. Green was much better for me when I demo'd it in a 915, but ultimately went with a WB/D+ profile based off dispersion, +4-5 AOA and a 1.49 average smash factor.

I could be wrong, but I don't think KK Silver and Blue are similar profiles...

The catch here is you're hitting two different profile of shaft. I fit perfectly into a WB KKxt profile and couldn't hit the Blue to save my life. Green was much better for me when I demo'd it in a 915, but ultimately went with a WB/D+ profile based off dispersion, +4-5 AOA and a 1.49 average smash factor.

I could be wrong, but I don't think KK Silver and Blue are similar profiles...

Both are described as mid launch shafts but I see what you are saying. If it helps, I have hit the Aldila Rogue Silver in both and the 815 won that day too.

Not going to read through 80+ pages - average head weights the 430's and 460 are coming in at?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Not going to read through 80+ pages - average head weights the 430's and 460 are coming in at?

199 or 198

Thanks Bob,

Anyone with a tour issue head, do those come in any lighter or come with lighter weights in the tracks?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

199 or 198

Thanks Bob,

Anyone with a tour issue head, do those come in any lighter or come with lighter weights in the tracks?

I have not had nor seen one personally, but in the past pretty much all Tour Heads are lighter these days.....thus the ability to add hot melt on the van and change out the weights to fit the players needs.

As for weights, TM has SKU numbers for lighter and heavier for the front rail, but I have not heard if they actual are producing these yet or not or if there are aftermarket weights out yet on eBay.

What is it that you are after can I ask?

Definitely hit the M1 460 10.5 Aldila Tour Green 65 so much better than the Callaway 816 Alpha Rogue I/O 60. The M1 was 5mph quicker ball speed and 10 yards total difference further, as well as being far more accurate. To be fair to the Callaway though, I was fit properly for the M1 and not fit for the Callaway, just picked up a Callaway Demo from the fitting cart. I also liked the feel of the Callaway slightly more off the face, and I think if I would have had the time to be fit properly for the Callaway it could have been a little better. I was either 13* LA with 1600 rpm or if I went up in loft it went up to 17* LA and 2800rpm. Just couldn't dial it in. But as I said, with a proper fit I suppose it could have been better, but the M1 was so easy. Consistency ball flight, far closer grouping of strikes off the face and averaged 14.5 LA and 2100 rpm, with nice tight dispersion.

Maybe I was just lucky with the M1. Wanted to like the Cally, but as I said, just couldn't dial it in with the Rogue I/O.

199 or 198

Thanks Bob,

I have not had nor seen one personally, but in the past pretty much all Tour Heads are lighter these days.....thus the ability to add hot melt on the van and change out the weights to fit the players needs.

As for weights, TM has SKU numbers for lighter and heavier for the front rail, but I have not heard if they actual are producing these yet or not or if there are aftermarket weights out yet on eBay.

Long story short

Driver, club I struggle the most with in the bag, and the one I fiddle with set ups most frequently (correlation maybe) :censored2: me right???

After trial and error, thought shorter length was better for me, NOT SO MUCH - check that box

D5 right about for me in the big dog, helps with my tempo

Love Hot melt and the feel, if the Gov't made it illegal, id be in jail for substance abuse.

Best driver Ive ever owned, RBZS2 proto head 400cc, with an AD DI 8x, like ignorant WRX'ers before me with more club buying power than grey matter, I sold the set up.

Right now - have a SFTP 2.0 LCG - very very playable, working on tweaking a ABTP proto , speeder VC 7.1x setup (was an VC 8.1 but I cut it too short)

So here I am, on the precipice of an M1 purchase, trying to recreate that RBZS2 set up, going to hot melt, and before I throw that junk in there, like to know what the weighting possibilities are, which you kindly answered :smilie_tm:

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Definitely hit the M1 460 10.5 Aldila Tour Green 65 so much better than the Callaway 816 Alpha Rogue I/O 60. The M1 was 5mph quicker ball speed and 10 yards total difference further, as well as being far more accurate. To be fair to the Callaway though, I was fit properly for the M1 and not fit for the Callaway, just picked up a Callaway Demo from the fitting cart. I also liked the feel of the Callaway slightly more off the face, and I think if I would have had the time to be fit properly for the Callaway it could have been a little better. I was either 13* LA with 1600 rpm or if I went up in loft it went up to 17* LA and 2800rpm. Just couldn't dial it in. But as I said, with a proper fit I suppose it could have been better, but the M1 was so easy. Consistency ball flight, far closer grouping of strikes off the face and averaged 14.5 LA and 2100 rpm, with nice tight dispersion.

Maybe I was just lucky with the M1. Wanted to like the Cally, but as I said, just couldn't dial it in with the Rogue I/O.

Same for me. I love the FT9 to death but having to hit such a high ball and not get any roll on soft fairway sucked. I also had trouble finding a decent imix shaft. Maybe it's the slightly longer shaft or better fitting/weighted shaft but I swung the M1 3 to 4mph quicker without any changes. Swing speed was very consistent

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

Same for me. I love the FT9 to death but having to hit such a high ball and not get any roll on soft fairway sucked. I also had trouble finding a decent imix shaft. Maybe it's the slightly longer shaft or better fitting/weighted shaft but I swung the M1 3 to 4mph quicker without any changes. Swing speed was very consistent

The things is that I've had some fantastic service from Nike in the UK, and next month I'm picking my Vapor Pro Driver up from their National Fitting Centre in East Lothian, Scotland, and I'm getting a discounted round of Golf at Archerfield Links and free overview on Trackman by their head fitter. To be honest their service has been superb. However, if the Vapor Pro doesn't work out. I know the M1 performs brilliantly with the Tour Green shaft in it for me, so I can easily pick one up and it'll go straight in the bag. 10 yards longer than the (unfitted) Callaway Alpha and 11 yards longer than my Titleist 915 D2 that was in my bag last year. Having that safety net of the M1 there just in case the Vapor Pro doesn't go well is a nice feeling to have.

Distance wise, I'm getting a huge boost in carry and roll from simply bringing down the ball flight by going with 8.5 loft, -2 in hosel adjustment, and heavier lower launching shaft.

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

199 or 198

Thanks Bob,

Long story short

Driver, club I struggle the most with in the bag, and the one I fiddle with set ups most frequently (correlation maybe) :censored2: me right???

After trial and error, thought shorter length was better for me, NOT SO MUCH - check that box

Love Hot melt and the feel, if the Gov't made it illegal, id be in jail for substance abuse.

Best driver Ive ever owned, RBZS2 proto head 400cc, with an AD DI 8x, like ignorant WRX'ers before me with more club buying power than grey matter, I sold the set up.

Right now - have a SFTP 2.0 LCG - very very playable, working on tweaking a ABTP proto , speeder VC 7.1x setup (was an VC 8.1 but I cut it too short)

So here I am, on the precipice of an M1 purchase, trying to recreate that RBZS2 set up, going to hot melt, and before I throw that junk in there, like to know what the weighting possibilities are, which you kindly answered :smilie_tm:

Is D-5 your real sweet spot? There has to be more than that. Length, Grip weight, shaft balance point, overall dead weight? A 44" driver can weigh D-5, a 45.5" driver can weigh D-5....you get my point

I wasn't trying to go into 100% details, but you are correct on the above. around 340-345g, and some others I have zero'd in on

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

199 or 198

Thanks Bob,

Long story short

My Tour Issue M1 came in at 196g. I'll be assembling it with my usual P9003TX or Rogue 125 80-TX and then hotmelting to weight. I usually need something closer to 205g to get my swingweight where I want it.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Guys - serious issue --

I played saturday and noticed something that concerns me a bit. Yet ANOTHER issue with QA. it's not the paint (white) bulge that people were having issues with but rather (i believe it is this) -- Delamination of the carbon on the crown...specifically where the paint split occurs, in the indent part.

anyone notice this? i'll get pics in a second or two.

b33cc5cdf1c2f640fa09d2e0ed191c47.jpg

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

after speaking with TM - this issue is known...and is considered a clear coat problem. IF anyone here has this issue, please call TM on their customer service line and they're incredibly helpful at getting it resolved. i'll be getting my replacement shortly.

**thanks TM!

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"