2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Official Taylormade M1 Driver Thread

Llortamaisey

after speaking with TM - this issue is known...and is considered a clear coat problem. IF anyone here has this issue, please call TM on their customer service line and they're incredibly helpful at getting it resolved. i'll be getting my replacement shortly.

**thanks TM!

No isseus with mine yet but CF and clear protective finish on the top can get tricky

Look at the C6 ZR1. Iirc, they were using a clear coat that costs $60k per gallon for the cf roof exposed to sun all the time

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My m1 is noticeably louder than the demo I treid.....any good suggestions? If it sounded like my m1 3 wood, that would make me very happy....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Ok I gave the M1 another try on my lunch break earlier today. After hitting it against my r15 i still prefer my club over the m1 460. The perform pretty much the same (for me) and i prefer the look and sound of the r15.......HOWEVER i got to hit the 430 head for the first time (extensively) also and i have to say that is a MUCH better club than the 460 (for me). Much more forgiving than the 430 heads of previous generations

wondering if anybody is having the issue I'm having with my M1....

My hands get really sore when hitting the m1 vs when I hit my R15. same shaft (rogue silver 70 stiff), same grip (lamkin crossline non-cord). Its really odd. I really like the m1, but i'm wondering if the composite is sending more vibrations up the shaft. It definitely feels firmer than the R15, but not sure if that is causing the sore hands.

Are you doing any extracurricular activity in the bathroom before the round? (lol JK!!!!)

Same for same the shaft isnt a tuning fork and driver is only hit a few times a round relative the tim it would take to get sore hands in 4 hrs(10 -12 swings max once every 20min at most) so you have to explore other options ...

Picked up a new M1 460 8.5 w/ Speeder 661 TS as a Christmas present to myself! Best gift ever. Took a couple of range sessions to get it dialed in, but I've seen big gains in carry, club head speed, ball speed and overall distance. So I've not so quietly been bragging about how good this thing is compared to my SLDR w/ Motore Speeder 6.2 TS (which I thought was the best driver I ever hit).

My regular golfing buddy is a pure skeptic, but is in desperate need of a new big stick (Currently gaming an TM RBZ). He was adamant that he was going to buy "last years" model, in order to get a deal, as he didn't believe all the hype around any of the new drivers. So off we went to Golftown to find a new weapon. He hit everything new from Nike, Callaway, TM R15, and M1. I told him to save the M1 till last, and I also brought my new M1 with me. Any ways he quickly put aside the Nike's and Callaway's for various reasons, but was pretty happy with how the R15 was performing (plus is was on sale for $299).

He moved onto the M1 (all settings at neutral) and after 3 swings and a look at the numbers he was mildy impressed but quickly went back to the R15 for another 3 swings. The M1 numbers we better, but not by that much and not worth the extra $300 in his opinion. Spin rate was still high 2800 rpm and dispersion was just ok.

I told him to hit my driver, which is set with the COG slider to low and with a slight draw bias. He hit 3 balls with my driver and BOOM, spin rate 1800 rpm, SS up to 106 mph from 100 mph, carry distance 270 from 250. He looked at me in slight amazement and I just shrugged my shoulders and said "I told you".

We decided to have a long drive contest, first guy to hit it over 300 wins a beer. On his 2nd swing he hit it 313! He just handed me my driver and walked away shaking his head, now knowing he will be the proud owner of a new M1 :taunt:

TM Stealth Plus 9.0 w/Ventus Black 6S

TSI 3 15.0 w/Ventus Red 7X
Callaway UW 17 degree w/ MMT 80S

Srixon ZX 3 Utility iron w/ Recoil 95S
Srixon ZX7 (Gap-8 iron), ZX5 (7-5 iron) w/Nippon Modus 120 S
Taylor Made MG2 54,58 Black w/black Nippon Modus 115S
Ping PLD DS72 @34 inches

wondering if anybody is having the issue I'm having with my M1....

My hands get really sore when hitting the m1 vs when I hit my R15. same shaft (rogue silver 70 stiff), same grip (lamkin crossline non-cord). Its really odd. I really like the m1, but i'm wondering if the composite is sending more vibrations up the shaft. It definitely feels firmer than the R15, but not sure if that is causing the sore hands.

Interesting point, when I'm practicing at the range my hands get a bit sore as well hitting the M1 but not necessarily on the course. In comparison, my R15 does feel like it absorbs more than the M1 (same shaft). Thought at first it might be because my R15 has hotmelt in it but the M1 clearly feels like it vibrates more. Then again, I could just be missing the sweet spot consistently;)

Hitting "any" new driver for an hour or two, is not, IMO, sensible nor is it likely to give the best results. With driver and or driver shaft, it usually takes me at least two months of regular use before I can identify strengths and weaknesses and whether its going bye-bye to the garage club barrel. Also, even though there is a large number of touring pros hitting the hell out of M1, their setup is not much like what we mere mortals use or will configure.

• TSR2 9.25° Tensei 1k Pro Red 61S
  • TSR2 15° Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17° 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S 113-SW.
  • SM10 F52.12, T58.4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

Picked up a new M1 460 8.5 w/ Speeder 661 TS as a Christmas present to myself! Best gift ever. Took a couple of range sessions to get it dialed in, but I've seen big gains in carry, club head speed, ball speed and overall distance. So I've not so quietly been bragging about how good this thing is compared to my SLDR w/ Motore Speeder 6.2 TS (which I thought was the best driver I ever hit).

My regular golfing buddy is a pure skeptic, but is in desperate need of a new big stick (Currently gaming an TM RBZ). He was adamant that he was going to buy "last years" model, in order to get a deal, as he didn't believe all the hype around any of the new drivers. So off we went to Golftown to find a new weapon. He hit everything new from Nike, Callaway, TM R15, and M1. I told him to save the M1 till last, and I also brought my new M1 with me. Any ways he quickly put aside the Nike's and Callaway's for various reasons, but was pretty happy with how the R15 was performing (plus is was on sale for $299).

He moved onto the M1 (all settings at neutral) and after 3 swings and a look at the numbers he was mildy impressed but quickly went back to the R15 for another 3 swings. The M1 numbers we better, but not by that much and not worth the extra $300 in his opinion. Spin rate was still high 2800 rpm and dispersion was just ok.

I told him to hit my driver, which is set with the COG slider to low and with a slight draw bias. He hit 3 balls with my driver and BOOM, spin rate 1800 rpm, SS up to 106 mph from 100 mph, carry distance 270 from 250. He looked at me in slight amazement and I just shrugged my shoulders and said "I told you".

We decided to have a long drive contest, first guy to hit it over 300 wins a beer. On his 2nd swing he hit it 313! He just handed me my driver and walked away shaking his head, now knowing he will be the proud owner of a new M1 :taunt:

GolfTown LM's are not an accurate depiction of real life numbers. Smash is constant at 1.45, sub 2000 spin grossly exaggerates total distance, and does not measure clubhead speed with any consistency. The only numbers you should worry about at GolfTown is launch, carry, and dispersion.

GolfTown LM's are not an accurate depiction of real life numbers. Smash is constant at 1.45, sub 2000 spin grossly exaggerates total distance, and does not measure clubhead speed with any consistency. The only numbers you should worry about at GolfTown is launch, carry, and dispersion.

I think I'm on JoneZone's side here. Seems unlikely that he gained 6 mph of swingspeed by changing from neutral setting to weight forward with a little draw. I'm guessing that the monitor was calculating swingspeed off of ballspeed and constant smash factor of 1.45. It would make more sense that he didn't hit the 100 mph ss shot on the screws, but hit the 106 mph ss on the screws, which gave higher ballspeed that calculated out to higher swingspeed by the monitor. Maybe he did increase ss that much, but the explanation above would make more sense to me.

But, I'm glad your friend found his new driver. The M1 is a great club with a ton of adjustability.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I think I'm on JoneZone's side here. Seems unlikely that he gained 6 mph of swingspeed by changing from neutral setting to weight forward with a little draw. I'm guessing that the monitor was calculating swingspeed off of ballspeed and constant smash factor of 1.45. It would make more sense that he didn't hit the 100 mph ss shot on the screws, but hit the 106 mph ss on the screws, which gave higher ballspeed that calculated out to higher swingspeed by the monitor. Maybe he did increase ss that much, but the explanation above would make more sense to me.

But, I'm glad your friend found his new driver. The M1 is a great club with a ton of adjustability.

Sorry, I just realized my recollection may be somewhat misleading. The gain in SS came from switching to the M1 from the R15. His numbers got even better by hitting my driver, but there was not a 6 mph gain.

Yes, Golftown monitors are not the most accurate, but when comparing various different drivers with different shafts, they give you enough information to help with decision making.

Regardless, it was a fun experience seeing my golfing buddies reaction to the new technology and the results he was getting.

TM Stealth Plus 9.0 w/Ventus Black 6S

TSI 3 15.0 w/Ventus Red 7X
Callaway UW 17 degree w/ MMT 80S

Srixon ZX 3 Utility iron w/ Recoil 95S
Srixon ZX7 (Gap-8 iron), ZX5 (7-5 iron) w/Nippon Modus 120 S
Taylor Made MG2 54,58 Black w/black Nippon Modus 115S
Ping PLD DS72 @34 inches

Just talked to TM and the weights are apparently available through TM. Front track only 9 and 19 gram weights.

TM M6 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S Velocore 
TM GAPR Hi 3 KBS C-Taper Lite
TM 2011 Tour Issue MC 4-PW KBS Tour 120
TM MG2 Nickel 50 and 54 KBS Tour 120

TM MG2 Raw 58 KBS Tour 120
TM Black Copper Soto TP Collection 34in
TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

Do you guys find this club launches low? I hit the M1 set at 10.25 with Aldila Rogue silver shaft side by side today with my Callaway 815 BB Alpha w/ Aldila Rogue silver shaft and the Callaway was launching quite a bit higher. The only swings that reached a satisfactory height were those where I left the face open.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | G430 3 Hybrid |  ZX7 MKII 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Do you guys find this club launches low? I hit the M1 set at 10.25 with Aldila Rogue silver shaft side by side today with my Callaway 815 BB Alpha w/ Aldila Rogue silver shaft and the Callaway was launching quite a bit higher. The only swings that reached a satisfactory height were those where I left the face open.

It wasn't too far from the FT9 Tour when set at 8.5*. Real difference was when I went -2* on the shaft hosel. Laser, bomb, bullet, whatever else you want to call it.

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

No, I get great launch and play mine standard at 9.5, with the Rogue 70tx...

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Just talked to TM and the weights are apparently available through TM. Front track only 9 and 19 gram weights.

I hope you are right. I cut mine down to 44.75" and is now D1. If these weights exist, I probably won't go the hotmelt way in order to not void the warranty.

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

No, I get great launch and play mine standard at 9.5, with the Rogue 70tx...

Hmmm maybe this is just a bad head/shaft combo for my swing. I just put a Rogue black in it tonight so hopefully that helps me get the ball in the air.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | G430 3 Hybrid |  ZX7 MKII 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Just called them. The 19 gram is avail through TMAG retailers. I am going to order one tomorrow.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Just called them. The 19 gram is avail through TMAG retailers. I am going to order one tomorrow.

Thanks for checking again . have to find a retailer near me that can place my order.

Nearest one is Dicks Sporting goods, hopefully they know what I am talking about.

Imagine I would need to take part numbers with me ?

Thanks for checking again . have to find a retailer near me that can place my order.

Nearest one is Dicks Sporting goods, hopefully they know what I am talking about.

Just tell them you need a Front Track 19 gram Weight and they should be able to find the item number.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Just tell them you need a Front Track 19 gram Weight and they should be able to find the item number.

sounds like a plan will have to stop by there this week

Thanks Bob.

I went and placed an order and was disappointed to see that it was $37 with shipping. For a few bucks less, I decided to go the Hotmelt route instead and get the needed 6 grams instead of barely coming out right with only a 4 gram increase. I am also excited to hear what a Hotmelted M1 will sound like.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Thanks Bob.

I went and placed an order and was disappointed to see that it was $37 with shipping. For a few bucks less, I decided to go the Hotmelt route instead and get the needed 6 grams instead of barely coming out right with only a 4 gram increase. I am also excited to hear what a Hotmelted M1 will sound like.

I want to hotmelt mine as well, are you doing this yourself?

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)