Where do you get your Scotty Cameron 009 for a good price?

Highstinger

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No such thing as affordable 009. Or buy a Newport and have a sight line milled from the custom shop

9.0* Callaway Epic Flash w/ HZRDS Yellow
16.5* Callaway Rogue FW w/ Rogue Silver 70
21* Callaway Big Bertha Hyb
4-PW Callaway Apex 19 Irons w/ TT Elevate Tour
52* Callaway MD4 S Grind
56* Callaway MD4 S Grind
60* Callaway PM Grind
Odyssey OWorks Black 7S

Z Cord grips

What's your definition of an affordable price?

There was one on here last week for $2500 and that was a steal in my opinion.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Project X HZRDUS Gen4 Black 105 Hybrid TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey Design SM10 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.5T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold TI

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

totally subjective...I recently saw a 3x black carbon sight dot one for $2300 that hasn't sold.... I personally think its worth $1800 ish as its a 330G head .... to me a good deal on the same putter with 350G head would be $2300...but hey im a bargain shopper...but i am one that's not willing to pay a premium for a non-tour putter..... If im paying $1k plus its going to be a tour used stick....Newport, Newport 2 etc .... not the "made for tour " stuff that's bringing too much money in my opinion....so that's something to think about OP...you can get a actual tour used Newport for less money if you shop .... But your competing with me ...so watch out !!

Srixon z745 9* rogue 60 125 TX 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scotty-Cameron-CIRCLE-T-CT-TOUR-009-Beached-Pro-Platinum-Carbon-Putter-34-350g-/371442369693?hash=item567bb0c49d"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scotty-Cameron-CIRCLE-T-CT-TOUR-009-Beached-Pro-Platinum-Carbon-Putter-34-350g-/371442369693?hash=item567bb0c49d[/url]

took about 5minutes... of course not just like yours ..but a carbon 350G head..$2600 OBO...Id say $2300 would buy it...better be quick about it ... 19Days left on auction

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='Dily' timestamp='1443332305' post='12372882']

I'm looking to get a 009 for an affordable price.Does anyone know where to get them?
[/quote]

To answer your question OP, eBay, Here, and TCC (thecameroncollector.com) are your best bets. On TCC you need 10 posts to view the BST. Anything you buy there will be legit. eBay is a little more risky so be careful of putters without COAs because fakes are more likely to pop up on the bay. Also watch for Off the rack putters with after market customization and circle t weights that are listed as great deals on circle t putters as well. The market has gone up a bit recently due to various things. Just find one you really want and start saving. The hunt is most of the fun!

[quote name='TommyOC' timestamp='1443398486' post='12375536']
Since you're commenting on my list price, that one is listed at $2600. Thanks though.
[/quote]

OBO....ad says OBO in huge letters... which could only mean a price between $2000 and $2500.... i.e $2300 works.... I did not call out you specifically ... merely pointed to a bst ad... if anything my comment would drive looks to your ad....certainly couldnt hurt it ..Is there any doubt that the OP had looked on the BST BEFORE starting this post? therefore he had already made his own mind up... If you read my original post it is only meant to give an opinion as to what I felt like a "good deal" on 2 different head weight 009s would be ... while not common , it is very possible to find a good deal..the ebay auction link I provided illustrates this perfectly....

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1443380431' post='12374280']
totally subjective...I recently saw a 3x black carbon sight dot one for $2300 that hasn't sold.... I personally think its worth $1800 ish as its a 330G head .... to me a good deal on the same putter with 350G head would be $2300...but hey im a bargain shopper...but i am one that's not willing to pay a premium for a non-tour putter..... If im paying $1k plus its going to be a tour used stick....Newport, Newport 2 etc .... not the "made for tour " stuff that's bringing too much money in my opinion....so that's something to think about OP...you can get a actual tour used Newport for less money if you shop .... But your competing with me ...so watch out !!
[/quote]

in the spirit of good will I edited my original post to show that I have nor had any intentions of besmirching your putter specifically.... I simply wanted to give the OP an idea of what I thought a good deal would be..That way he would know a good deal when he found it... and OP the one ive linked on ebay to me looks like a good deal... If your truly looking I would message the seller and make an offer below $2500...I bet he bites!

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

My ad also says OBO. In big bold letters. Which according to your logic means my in between 1700-2200... ie: 1800 works?

I'm not saying you're causing the OP to not have interest in my Ad. I'm sure he would've seen it and PM'd if he did. Not really concerned about it selling on here either, as I don't think WRX is the best audience for a tour Cameron. Sure there are plenty of collectors on here, but it's geared toward golfers and equipment of all shapes and sizes, and there's nothing wrong with that. I just put it on here anyways.

I guess I should've said find an 009 that 1800 right now. A year or two ago? Absolutely, many 009's could be found for that. But with the distributors all but gone (save for 2), and the gallery being the only real source of new 009's to the market (and the resellers who swoop them and mark them up), the market for used sticks has gone up. In my opinion, you'd be hard pressed to find an 009 for less than $2k, even at 330g (at least list priced at 1800). But just my opinion.

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1443399710' post='12375638']
[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1443380431' post='12374280']
[/quote]

in the spirit of good will I edited my original post to show that I have nor had any intentions of besmirching your putter specifically.... I simply wanted to give the OP an idea of what I thought a good deal would be..That way he would know a good deal when he found it... and OP the one ive linked on ebay to me looks like a good deal... If your truly looking I would message the seller and make an offer below $2500...I bet he bites!
[/quote]

To add to this OP, if you find a good deal, jump on it as soon as you can. Sites like TCC has seen fewer and fewer 009s available for sale as of late (although plenty on ebay), so if you find one at a deal that fits your budget for a putter you truly love, I'd jump on it fast!

A few years back they were $1000 on eBay. The cycle may just come again, might be worth the wait.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1443417158' post='12376802']
A few years back they were $1000 on eBay. The cycle may just come again, might be worth the wait.
[/quote]

I don't claim to be able to predict the future, but I just don't see that happening again. A "few years back" when you could get used 009's on eBay in the 1000.00-1500.00 range, they were selling for quite a bit less brand new then too. You could also order a 009 through one of several distributors back then, so access to them was a bit easier making them less rare. Today, the initial retail price of 009's has gone up (and are set to go up again after the 1st of the year according to rumors), there are less distributors selling 009's then a few years ago, and you can no longer order a specific 009 through a distributor. Basically, you can accept to buy whatever a distributor happens to get in stock, or pass on it. This is making the older, nicely stamped 009's go up in value. There is also the "Spieth factor". His success has probably given the 009's a little bit of a bump, and with him being so young I don't see that changing anytime soon - unless Nike comes along and buy's him (which I honestly don't see).
The only thing that I can think of that may change the price a bit is if we, as a country, experience another slow down in our overall economy (not just putters) - which could definitely happen. Weak presidential leadership, liberal economic policies, a chaotic middle east, another terrorist attack on our soil, etc......could all lead to an economic downturn. But if that happens, I think most people with Tour putters will ride things out versus selling one of their 3500.00-4000.00 009's for 1000.00 bucks. JMHO.

There's a guy in Australia that'll make you what you anything you want for half the prices going for 009's.

I don't understand the fascination with a different brand name on a well milled piece of carbon on a stick. Look into Byron, Lajosi, or many others. It'll putt exactly the same, and you'll save a ton of cash. Plus, you won't have the same "not off the rack, but looks exactly like every other" 009.

Just my .02.

M5 w/Rogue
Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
MD3 50/54/58
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

[quote name='T-MAC' timestamp='1443446280' post='12377502']
[/quote]

I don't claim to be able to predict the future, but I just don't see that happening again. A "few years back" when you could get used 009's on eBay in the 1000.00-1500.00 range, they were selling for quite a bit less brand new then too. You could also order a 009 through one of several distributors back then, so access to them was a bit easier making them less rare. Today, the initial retail price of 009's has gone up (and are set to go up again after the 1st of the year according to rumors), there are less distributors selling 009's then a few years ago, and you can no longer order a specific 009 through a distributor. Basically, you can accept to buy whatever a distributor happens to get in stock, or pass on it. This is making the older, nicely stamped 009's go up in value. There is also the "Spieth factor". His success has probably given the 009's a little bit of a bump, and with him being so young I don't see that changing anytime soon - unless Nike comes along and buy's him (which I honestly don't see).
The only thing that I can think of that may change the price a bit is if we, as a country, experience another slow down in our overall economy (not just putters) - which could definitely happen. Weak presidential leadership, liberal economic policies, a chaotic middle east, another terrorist attack on our soil, etc......could all lead to an economic downturn. But if that happens, I think most people with Tour putters will ride things out versus selling one of their 3500.00-4000.00 009's for 1000.00 bucks. JMHO.
[/quote]

This ^^^. With the lack of distributors now, and the Gallery hiking up prices Jan.1, I don't see a downturn unless the economy drops again. TMac knows his stuff, he's a great resource.

[quote name='Graymulligan' timestamp='1443465587' post='12379308']
There's a guy in Australia that'll make you what you anything you want for half the prices going for 009's.

I don't understand the fascination with a different brand name on a well milled piece of carbon on a stick. Look into Byron, Lajosi, or many others. It'll putt exactly the same, and you'll save a ton of cash. Plus, you won't have the same "not off the rack, but looks exactly like every other" 009.

Just my .02.
[/quote]

Totally second this. I would rather have a custom made one off for me than any 009 for a fraction of the cost.

There is one way to get a cheap 009 and that is going to a tour event that Cameron Tringale or Blayne Barber is playing in and steal theirs. Once you get caught though there is always the chance that your lawyer fees are more expensive than just ponying up the cash to buy one in the first place. :cheesy::cheesy:

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1443477427' post='12380414']
There is one way to get a cheap 009 and that is going to a tour event that Cameron Tringale or Blayne Barber is playing in and steal theirs. Once you get caught though there is always the chance that your lawyer fees are more expensive than just ponying up the cash to buy one in the first place. :cheesy::cheesy:
[/quote]That would be tough since Blayne only rolls Golos, circas, and a Newport II while Cam's is technically a Newport. Just joshin with ya AZsouthpaw!!! ;)

Ping G400 Max 10.5 Accra Z55 LS
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Callaway Epic 19* Accra FX1000
Srixon Z565 4-AW
Vokey Indigo 54
Vokey Indigo 60
Camico Newport 2

[quote name='PutterHo' timestamp='1443480319' post='12380676']
[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1443477427' post='12380414']
[/quote]That would be tough since Blayne only rolls Golos, circas, and a Newport II while Cam's is technically a Newport. Just joshin with ya AZsouthpaw!!! ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, but I'd take Tringale's GSS over any 009 out there.....besides Jordan's and his backup too ;)

[quote name='Jimmie48' timestamp='1443471429' post='12379902']
[quote name='Graymulligan' timestamp='1443465587' post='12379308']

Just my .02.
[/quote]

Totally second this. I would rather have a custom made one off for me than any 009 for a fraction of the cost.
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with going this route either.
I've owned 3 Lajosi's and Kari makes quality stuff.
Same with Byron's DH89 and MannKraft MA/66 (which has been in my bag most of the summer).
All high quality putters..........................but an 009 is a 009.

It's like saying you may as well drive a Jetta over a BMW M5.
Both high quality, fun to drive German vehicles, and both will get you where you need to go.............................but an M5 is an M5.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Flood the market and the price will dive at some point. The market is flooded/flooding...........

Buy a Newport and send it to Slighter. There is nothing he won't do to a Cameron for a buck.

[quote name='BogeyDog11' timestamp='1443570688' post='12387096']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Flood the market and the price will dive at some point. The market is flooded/flooding...........

Buy a Newport and send it to Slighter. There is nothing he won't do to a Cameron for a buck.
[/quote]

What makes you say that? If you are a member on TCC you would notice the BST section for tour putters has gone to 2 full pages of for sale ads down to about 10 putters at most. Granted, TCC is a very small fraction, but you also have less than one page of 009's on ebay as well. There might be a few more putters like Tour Rats that are readily available, but I don't see any sort of "flooding" with 009s, timeless, or other hand stamped type tour putters.

In addition to the distributors being gone, save for 2, and only the addition of the gallery, I thinks contributes to quite the opposite. JMHO