2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where do you get your Scotty Cameron 009 for a good price?

Highstinger

It was pertinent information for the OP to hear that there is talk of a price increase on Tour putters after the first of the year.
Also, when you are talking about a putter that is at the price point of an 009, you are always going to end up talking about value. Can't get aound that.
For the OP to listen to a debate over value isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO. Some people can justify the price, some people can't. As long as we can keep the haters and the fanboys from name calling, a debate over value is actually a good way for someone to decide if they want to spend that kind of money on a putter or not.
Of course, keeping the conversation civil between the 2 sides is the hard part. ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byron Morgan DH89. Thats your answer on a cheap 009, starts at $500. And the part that is the most fun is that it gets to be custom made to your style and specifications. Instead of hunting around for one that fits your eye.

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

[quote name='Wdwfreak' timestamp='1444152164' post='12418384']
Byron Morgan DH89. Thats your answer on a cheap 009, starts at $500. And the part that is the most fun is that it gets to be custom made to your style and specifications. Instead of hunting around for one that fits your eye.
[/quote]
In all honesty, the hunting is more fun than actually getting one in your hands.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

I bought one for 1600 probably 4 months ago... not sure exactly why but I sold it soon after and didn't really make money on it... If I had just waited a month I could have made quite a bit in return. But that's how it goes. Odds of you finding an 009 for under 2000 are probably zero... 2000-2500 will take good timing and 2500+ your world starts to open up.

I tell you what is a sure bet.... starting a thread like this and having the same people say "I don't understand what makes them so expensive", "I'd never pay that" etc etc etc.... I was in the "I don't understand." category.... since April I've bought and sold three 009's. I do understand and when that day happened a light went on.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1444152433' post='12418412']
[quote name='Wdwfreak' timestamp='1444152164' post='12418384']
[/quote]
In all honesty, the hunting is more fun than actually getting one in your hands.
[/quote]

Not always.
I just had 2 009's bought out from under me by one of the big flippers on eBay............one of them was while I was in the process of sending the seller an email with my address and asking for his PP info. He came back and said he sold it to them because they offered to gift the money.
Best part was, the flipper offered to sell it to me for 600.00 more than what I could have purchased it for 10 minutes earlier. :lol:

For me, it's much more fun having the putter in my hands than doing the shopping.
Especially with all the Tour Putter sharks in the water nowadays.

[quote name='newportbeach' timestamp='1444144852' post='12417710']

Absolutely true - I never said otherwise. There are biases on both sides. The real problem with nearly all of these Scotty threads is they quickly turn into a debate about value and how much they are worth. With lectures about I wouldn't spend that much they aren't worth it v. they are worth it and only go up in value. Play what you want and don't worry about value or needing your ego stroked because you play a tour putter. Based on the original question it would have been much better to see some answers like:

I paid 2000 for my 009 and bought it off eBay

Paid 1500 for mine from a caddie i know

Paid 3500 from the Gallery in California

Bought mine off of craigslist for 1800

Played college golf and my friend who is on tour now gave me one for free.

Instead of sinking into the pandora's box of value again.
[/quote]

I agree and it's almost unavoidable with this type thread. Heck I only joined in b/c someone posted saying mine was over priced (which clearly it wasn't because I got my asking price for it).

But in terms of what you're buying and how much, it can help the OP but also confuse him. There are many variables out there that affect the price of the putter. But then again, if he's looking for where to find the best deal, it would be best to tell him where you got a plain jane 330g one for the most part, since those generally go for the least amount of money.

Ok fine. $1025 off eBay in 2006.

Basic 330g, had the circle T with Scotty on the face, Cameron in the cavity, white paint fill with a yellow CT , and was either chocolate rust or chocolate brown or whatever they call it. nothing fancy. Had it for 5 years sold it for 1400 locally.

Bought it on a whim and honestly the putter only had a sight dot and I couldn't align well with it. Either a sight line or nothing works better for me. It sat in the corner and should have been sold sooner but "it's a circle T!" So I kept it.

Had no COA when I bought it, and eventually sold it without one to a local guy who used the heck out of it, it got rust 'patina' and wear all over it, he passed away unexpectedly and I never saw it again. Think it's with another guy locally but not sure. Don't think it has ever been back for a COA either.

At any rate, they're out there keep your eyes peeled. eBay is too busy any that come on there now are pounced on by people wiling to pay too much just to have one.

They're cool to look at and fondle and say "I have a 009 Cameron" but if you want to actually putt with it make sure it is the style that works for you. I didn't and felt a bit stupid after laying down over a grand for a dust collector. The shape I like but the sight dot ruined it for me, to be total honest.

The value thing. lol it is what it is. Form over function. And a name. People pay way more for ugly paint on a piece of canvas called 'art' at least most 009s are aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys, is it still possible to get a 009 for around 2.5k?

I am currently looking for one.

A 330G without a cover, maybe.

Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100

• 1 year later...

It's funny how hindsight clarifies some of these issues. So much for the price of 009s going down. The Don has an irongrip on production now and it looks like these prices are going nowhere but up

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

Nah. I had a 330g oilcan in well used but not dinged up at all shape offered to me a month ago for $2k. With A studio CT cover. I just like my Newport Beach better so i passed. They are out there. You have to have the nose to find them and be ready to pounce when you do.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Nah. I had a 330g oilcan in well used but not dinged up at all shape offered to me a month ago for $2k. With A studio CT cover. I just like my Newport Beach better so i passed. They are out there. You have to have the nose to find them and be ready to pounce when you do.

Cool, this post was from over a year and a half ago.

Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100

So the prices have come down ? Lol. What difference does it make when it was ?

My point was asking prices on eBay aren't what anything is selling for. There's a plain oilcan CT Newport Beach 330g with titleist cavity stamp for $3k on eBay now. I paid much less . Less than half , for mine and it has dancin Cameron in cavity , titleist on the bumper and 340g. With a sight dot. And perfect black ox finish , nice mushrooming and mill marks galore. And with lime CT cover.

If you keep the feelers out. And pounce there are 009 deals out there too. In fact i know where there's a flowneck beached 009 now for $2k. And recently was contacted out of the blue by a guy who nearly stole a very early GSS 009 from a European tour player. Very plain. But the real deal and tour use too boot.

The answer to the ops question is be patient. And have cash ready. It will find you if you have the nose for it.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So the prices have come down ? Lol. What difference does it make when it was ?

My point was asking prices on eBay aren't what anything is selling for. There's a plain oilcan CT Newport Beach 330g with titleist cavity stamp for $3k on eBay now. I paid much less . Less than half , for mine and it has dancin Cameron in cavity , titleist on the bumper and 340g. With a sight dot. And perfect black ox finish , nice mushrooming and mill marks galore. And with lime CT cover.

If you keep the feelers out. And pounce there are 009 deals out there too. In fact i know where there's a flowneck beached 009 now for $2k. And recently was contacted out of the blue by a guy who nearly stole a very early GSS 009 from a European tour player. Very plain. But the real deal and tour use too boot.

The answer to the ops question is be patient. And have cash ready. It will find you if you have the nose for it.

IMO yes they have and they have become easier to get at a decent price range (right handed at least). I think it's all due to the fact that the Spieth 009 craze after the 2015 season has dwindled down somewhat. That's why it makes a difference when that comment was posted.

Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100

There is actually a nice one for $1799 at Second Swing Golf if you don't mind another guy's name on the bumpers...no listed head weight though.

https://www.2ndswing...AyABEgLB_fD_BwE

That would make a great gamer. Looks like it has a 350g toe stamp too, so that's a great price for a 350g oil can 009.

Could always have the name welded over for 100.00, but then you have to pay for a full restoration at an additional 300.00.

There is actually a nice one for $1799 at Second Swing Golf if you don't mind another guy's name on the bumpers...no listed head weight though.

https://www.2ndswing...AyABEgLB_fD_BwE

That would make a great gamer. Looks like it has a 350g toe stamp too, so that's a great price for a 350g oil can 009.

Could always have the name welded over for 100.00, but then you have to pay for a full restoration at an additional 300.00.

I agree . Great deal. Looks like it's not been used much. I only wish it said " mike honcho " instead. I'd buy it asap !

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Why would anyone pay that much for a putter that is not even handmade. All are machine CNC milled. They can produce 100's in a day. $2800?????? You can get a handmade Tp Mills/Toulon/Gauge for 1/3 that, and have twice the putter. If Tiger would have used a Bobby Grace, you would have never heard of Scotty Cameron.

So a shape that is refined over 30 years, programmed into a CNC machine, milled from a billet, and then hand finished and hand stamped is half the putter of one that is "handmade" by Toulon? Heck, I think Gauge pretty much just specializes in trick engraving, certainly done by hand, right? If Tiger had won anything with a Bobby Grace, he could probably charge what he wants for a putter, too.

Don't get me wrong I have a Byron Morgan and I love it, but I don't think you can very easily argue that anyone's manufacturing process is much better or worse than the next. Also don't think anyone is fooled in thinking they aren't paying for the mystique. Hard to believe at a rate of 4 posts a year, this was a ground breaking enough idea to merit a post.