New FootJoy shoes: shot at 2015 RSM

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh.

i assume these are the latest iteration of the m projects, which style wise, is exactly what you'd be looking for.

honestly, they probably don't look horrible if you're wearing shorts, and possibly even a lighter color pant, but pairing both of these with the black pants in the up close shots makes them look horrible, kinda like the dad who wears slacks with white new balance's or nike air monarchs.

myself I still like all black shoes !!
but I like the pair with laces but summer use only, very muddy here in winter and they would soon look a mess ..

Cobra Radspeed XD 10.5
Callaway rogue 3 wood
Callaway rogue 5 wood
Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
Callaway  mack daddy cb 60 wedge
Titleist trufeel/Callaway supersoft balls
Odyssey 7s black

Someone at FootJoy needs to be fired. I'm sorry. Their product line gets worse every year.

They took away the Icon from their product line (unless you want to pay $400 to order a custom pair) which is what the majority of their customer base loves. And they replace it with this crap? This looks like a generic off brand tennis shoe from target. Horrible.

[quote name='DTXgolfer12' timestamp='1447948565' post='12619536']
Someone at FootJoy needs to be fired. I'm sorry. Their product line gets worse every year.

They took away the Icon from their product line (unless you want to pay $400 to order a custom pair) which is what the majority of their customer base loves. And they replace it with this crap? This looks like a generic off brand tennis shoe from target. Horrible.
[/quote]

I agree, they just look cheap or lame like a a pair of sketchers or something.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

I'd like them if they didnt have the giant FJ on the side. I'm not a fan of the red outline on the white shoes either.... So... I guess I'm not actually a fan of these shoes.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

[/quote]You know FootJoy sells more golf shoes than anybody else by far, right. Quite a few people in this thread have stated that they like this new style. Different strokes for different folks. They sell many different style for many different tastes, just buy one you like.

Most custom MyJoys are only $310 direct from FootJoy. You can buy those all day from TGW for only $280 and if you have any connection with a pro shop you can do even better than that. Not bad for a full leather upper in almost any color you want in a classic looking shoe. I have many pairs of Icons and MyJoys Icons as that's the look that I like. I feel they are a good value in that they last a long time with proper care and maintenance. My first pair is over five years old and you would never know by looking at them. And don't forget about the Icon Black model. Those are in regular retail for $299 all day long.

There's many guys on Tour wearing the Icon Black along with DryJoys Tour, DNAs, Hyperflex, DryJoys Casual, and MyJoys Icons. Pick one of those and you can look like your favorite Tour Pro. :-)

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1447864696' post='12615270']
[quote name='Evning' timestamp='1447861705' post='12615006']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1447861578' post='12614996']
[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1447858855' post='12614812']
Hey Tbowles, any more inside info? Materials? Pricing? Comparison to DNA 2.0?

The looks are different, but compared to the new Nike stuff they look pretty good.
[/quote]
No pricing as yet. I saw them in early October. It's a very flexible polymer. It's twists, bends and flexes in almost any way imaginable for the more athletic golfer. It doesn't compare to the DNAs at all. The DNAs are super stable compared to these. It's not a traditional shoe, and it's just one of a few more that will be released probably closer to the PGA Show and in the Spring.
[/quote]

So no chance of a leather version? =]
[/quote]
Nope. :)
[/quote]

i can live with that.

[quote name='golferdrmjr' timestamp='1447981814' post='12621900']

[/quote]You know FootJoy sells more golf shoes than anybody else by far, right. Quite a few people in this thread have stated that they like this new style. Different strokes for different folks. They sell many different style for many different tastes, just buy one you like.

Most custom MyJoys are only $310 direct from FootJoy. You can buy those all day from TGW for only $280 and if you have any connection with a pro shop you can do even better than that. Not bad for a full leather upper in almost any color you want in a classic looking shoe. I have many pairs of Icons and MyJoys Icons as that's the look that I like. I feel they are a good value in that they last a long time with proper care and maintenance. My first pair is over five years old and you would never know by looking at them. And don't forget about the Icon Black model. Those are in regular retail for $299 all day long.

There's many guys on Tour wearing the Icon Black along with DryJoys Tour, DNAs, Hyperflex, DryJoys Casual, and MyJoys Icons. Pick one of those and you can look like your favorite Tour Pro. :-)
[/quote]

Maybe they will bring out a more formal lighter weight spikeless shoe too, because the Professional range is not really for the Course. Good for Teaching or wearing around the shop, but no traction for the Course. Ecco Tour Hybrid have that corner of the market pretty much wrapped up at the moment.

[quote name='papichulosteve' timestamp='1447943756' post='12619208']
meh.

i assume these are the latest iteration of the m projects, which style wise, is exactly what you'd be looking for.

honestly, they probably don't look horrible if you're wearing shorts, and possibly even a lighter color pant, but pairing both of these with the black pants in the up close shots makes them look horrible, kinda like the dad who wears slacks with white new balance's or nike air monarchs.
[/quote]

Haha! You have hit the nail right on the head with that. I have never been a fan of sport looking golf shoes but the more I think about it the more it has to do with the clothes that people wear them with. Most shoes (although these things are butt ugly) look OK, if they are teamed with something with accomodates them. Wearing a pair of shoes like this, as a heap of pro's probably will, with trousers like Justin Thomas seems to be wearing will just not be a good look.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I love my DryJoys Casuals, please don't stop making them FJ.

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Ping G 10.5 set at 9.9, tour ad di 6x
Titleist 915F set at A4 (16.5), Rouge Black 80s
Titleist 910H set at A1 (19), Diamana Whiteboard 90s
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS Tour 120s
Titleist SM6 52(bent to 51), 56, 60. M grinds on the 56 and 60 F on the 51
Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

From what the reps have told me it's not a different fit of shoe. It's that the cushioning is so thick that your foot compresses down on it making it feel like it's bigger. None of the other shoes that thick of insole so that's why the fit feels different

[quote name='cinnepa' timestamp='1447809493' post='12612872']
hope they fit better than the DNA's, no clue how they came up with sizing on those........going smaller didn't even help me. most screwed up fitting shoe I ever tried.

if anything I see some adidas or tw similarities on this shoe
[/quote]

Have you seen the new Professionals? Studded similar to the contour casual line. They can easily be a golf shoe

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1448006668' post='12623000']
[quote name='golferdrmjr' timestamp='1447981814' post='12621900']

[/quote]

Maybe they will bring out a more formal lighter weight spikeless shoe too, because the Professional range is not really for the Course. Good for Teaching or wearing around the shop, but no traction for the Course. Ecco Tour Hybrid have that corner of the market pretty much wrapped up at the moment.
[/quote]

Hyperflex was the most sold shoe at launch in the companies history. Sold out 7 months after release. So I guess no one wears them

[quote name='cahal' timestamp='1447908410' post='12618280']
Those are soooo bad. I'm sure that footjoy makes solid footwear but it's pretty clear they have no clue how to make a good looking "athletic" golf shoe. I don't know any of my 30 year old friends who wear footjoy because their shoes are definitely "old school" and I know none of the junior golfers at our club come looking for them. I think they do a phenomenal job with their "classic" shoes like the icon or even the DNA but they have a long way to go if they really want to take on the athletic brands in this space. Comfortable or not these and the hyper flex shoes are brutal.
[/quote]

Never a big fan of the reel laces going back to the first application in salomons.. Always seems like a great and convenient idea from a fit and tension standpoint, but they always seem to come loose during the activity. Never figured out if they get bumped by standing with the shoes touching or the reel lets loose during some activity. Never seem to have a lock that holds.. Has to be a basic design flaw...has happened with every pair I have had, running, cross training, golf, casual every version same result. Not falling for it again..

The bubble gum sole looks cool and that flex zone must provide addtional foot freedom and comfort. FJ knows how to make a good shoe the DNA was a nice pair of golf kicks. I'm sure these will be nice as well. I don't think the FJ on the out side of the shoe needs to be that big . A one inch wide vertical running band with several micro FJ 's would have been just fine .

Mizuno jpx850 Driver
Callaway big bertha alpha 815 3 wood
mizuno fli hi 2 iron
mizuno jpx850 forged irons 4-GW
Mizuno wedges 52&56
Scotty notch back 1st of 300

Redesigned the dial and cable is now steel. I agree older versions were a little sketchy but I have the DNA in boa and its so much better now.

[quote name='Bob57' timestamp='1448246503' post='12633410']
Never a big fan of the reel laces going back to the first application in salomons.. Always seems like a great and convenient idea from a fit and tension standpoint, but they always seem to come loose during the activity. Never figured out if they get bumped by standing with the shoes touching or the reel lets loose during some activity. Never seem to have a lock that holds.. Has to be a basic design flaw...has happened with every pair I have had, running, cross training, golf, casual every version same result. Not falling for it again..
[/quote]

[quote name='savarini' timestamp='1448291893' post='12634844']
The bubble gum sole looks cool and that flex zone must provide addtional foot freedom and comfort. FJ knows how to make a good shoe the DNA was a nice pair of golf kicks. I'm sure these will be nice as well. I don't think the FJ on the out side of the shoe needs to be that big . A one inch wide vertical running band with several micro FJ 's would have been just fine .
[/quote]
Nice avatar, Savarini!

Will def look into these when they come out. I like the crossover of sporty but also will look good with pants and shorts.

That's usually my issue with most traditional golf shoes. I love them, but they usually look awfully silly when wearing shorts. Since I'm here in charleston, I wear shorts 80%. Of my rounds so need shoes to look good with either.

Forever Changing at this point.......

[quote name='Bob57' timestamp='1448246503' post='12633410']
[/quote]

Surprised that you have had experience with Boa (the brand) laces in running, cross training or casual, since they have almost no products in those categories now (or ever). They dominate snowboard and have a big presence in cycling.

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response