Colorado WRX 2016

forecast6236

Dude, let's get it going! Sorry I just saw this. If I'm not traveling, there's actually a guy here on WRX coming in from out of town and we're probably going to get a round in at Fossil Trace. If anyone's interested, I could see if he's down for more folks to meet up. Should be fun.

I'm in for Saturday or Sunday AM. I already have a full time at Westmoor Saturday PM for a practice round (US Open local Monday). Also, that means I will have time after the local qual to play monday afternoon. Let me know if anything works.

Let me see what my weekend looks like. I'm leaving CO for basically a month on Thursday, so this weekend might be my last chance to play before mid to late June. You sure you want to play with an average-at-best player like me?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see what my weekend looks like. I'm leaving CO for basically a month on Thursday, so this weekend might be my last chance to play before mid to late June. You sure you want to play with an average-at-best player like me?

I have never and will never care about playing with any skill level. Most all of my regular friends are 85-110 golfers anyway. I play enough serious golf that when I go out on the weekends, I'm there for fun. Honestly, if a + handicap like me can't play well with high handicaps then they're really not that good anyway. We all lose golf balls and I didn't wake up one day a + handicap, I was an 18 like most everyone else at one point.

My only beef is people that don't know golf etiquette. I think it should be a requirement to get on a golf course.

I have never and will never care about playing with any skill level. Most all of my regular friends are 85-110 golfers anyway. I play enough serious golf that when I go out on the weekends, I'm there for fun. Honestly, if a + handicap like me can't play well with high handicaps then they're really not that good anyway. We all lose golf balls and I didn't wake up one day a + handicap, I was an 18 like most everyone else at one point.

My only beef is people that don't know golf etiquette. I think it should be a requirement to get on a golf course.

Amen. I'll let you know ASAP about my availability this weekend!

Not looking forward to this weekend's forecast. Playing Fossil Trace with my golf league on Saturday.

Tee time was at 9:30am. As the round progressed, the moisture increased and the temperatures decreased. By the 9th hole, it was a steady rain. By the 12th hole, the thunder started--and somehow I miraculously parred the hole (a personal best for that hole). After 13, shortly before the hail started, we took shelter in the bathroom for about 20 minutes. Rain went away, so we started up again. The greens on 14 and 15 were pretty much all puddles. The heavy rains came back by 17.

I sure picked the wrong round to try out my new driver and 3 wood.

Coal Creek next weekend. That should be fun.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Not looking forward to this weekend's forecast. Playing Fossil Trace with my golf league on Saturday.

Tee time was at 9:30am. As the round progressed, the moisture increased and the temperatures decreased. By the 9th hole, it was a steady rain. By the 12th hole, the thunder started--and somehow I miraculously parred the hole (a personal best for that hole). After 13, shortly before the hail started, we took shelter in the bathroom for about 20 minutes. Rain went away, so we started up again. The greens on 14 and 15 were pretty much all puddles. The heavy rains came back by 17.

I sure picked the wrong round to try out my new driver and 3 wood.

Coal Creek next weekend. That should be fun.

Interested to know your take on the conditions. I have a good buddy who works maintenance at Coal Creek and said it's progressing but not there yet. '13 floods destroyed a good part of it.

Interested to know your take on the conditions. I have a good buddy who works maintenance at Coal Creek and said it's progressing but not there yet. '13 floods destroyed a good part of it.

Some people in the golf league played it this week (I wish I had time like that), and they said it's in good shape. I've never played it, so I'm looking forward to it.

Some people in the golf league played it this week (I wish I had time like that), and they said it's in good shape. I've never played it, so I'm looking forward to it.

Ironically, all of the Coal Creek Members ended up being offered memberships at Colorado National so I know their group pretty well. The guys I have talked to about it say that conditions are pretty good now. They've told me it isn't back to the way it was yet but that just takes time. The '13 floods basically wiped out 14 holes of the golf course as Coal Creek runs right through the middle of it.

I think you'll be satisfied with it.

Finally got to get out and play a round. Hit Black Bear Saturday. The weather was on and off and the worst part of the round was pullover off, pullover on. Pullover off, pullover on. But played a decent round and the course was in pretty good shape. Greens a tad bumpy but quick. Followed up with a great dinner at Blackstone and the day was complete. Looking forward to something this coming weekend.

TM Stealth 2 Plus 10.5°/Ventus Blue TR 5S
Callaway Paradym 15°/Tensei White
PXG 0317X 19°/Tensei White Raw
Taylormade 23 P770 4&5, P7MC 6-PW/MMT stiff
Vokey SM9 50, 54° & 58°
LAB Golf Link1
ProV1X

Coal Creek is a fantastic course--and walkable, which is a huge plus in my book. Plus, they offer golf bikes, which looked awesome. If there hadn't been the constant threat of rain, I would've rented one in a heartbeat.

Because the course is still recovering, they are letting everything grow long. The tee boxes and fairways are shaggy, the first cut of rough is almost US Open deep. The greens were incredibly slow. I'm guessing another year or two with these conditions, but it will be worth it once they start mowing to normal lengths.

What's this? Warm temperatures and no forecasted chance of rain this weekend?

And I'm stuck attending graduation parties and doing all the yard work that the weather prevented me from doing the previous weeks. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Playing CommonGround on Sunday. Kind of glad it's not on Saturday--but I probably have to mow the lawn in that oppressive heat.

I haven't swung a club since Coal Creek last month. :(

How'd that end up working out?

I shot my handicap, I won my match play 2&1, and I won $128 in league monies.

My driver was much improved, my iron game was okay, and my putting was pretty awful (as usual). Realistically, I left about five shots out there--one ball in the lake, one unplayable lie, one poor bunker shot, and two missed short putts. The pin placements were absolutely brutal.

Hyland Hills in two weeks. :) (And, most likely, no time for any golf in-between. :()

I'm supposed to play Hyland Hills on Sunday, but my client in San Diego may have other ideas--which also includes me having to cancel my annual trip to Sweden. :(

I'm supposed to play Hyland Hills on Sunday, but my client in San Diego may have other ideas--which also includes me having to cancel my annual trip to Sweden. :(

What??

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Sigh...

Let me know if anyone wants to play the weekend of the 25th-26th. I don't have anything scheduled that weekend and will be getting out anyway. It would be nice to get a local WRX foursome together.

I'm out for that weekend, Joel. We'll either be in the final (NYC) or third place (Phoenix) Copa America match. Good problem to have. I did just pick up a Fly-Z Plus on the BST, so next time you see me, I'll be missing fairways with an orange driver!

ever had a great day going then go 8 over in a 3 hole span to fall from 1st to T5 in a tourney? yeah, I did that yesterday at Wellshire...last four holes of a 36 hole, two day event...I guess I just ran out of gas. Was on my way to a 77 or 78 and ended up 84. Oh golf...I shouldn't be surprised.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

ever had a great day going then go 8 over in a 3 hole span to fall from 1st to T5 in a tourney? yeah, I did that yesterday at Wellshire...last four holes of a 36 hole, two day event...I guess I just ran out of gas. Was on my way to a 77 or 78 and ended up 84. Oh golf...I shouldn't be surprised.

Dang. Sorry to hear it. Sounds like you played well, all things considered.

Happens to all of us cphrey. Golf Giveth and golf taketh away. I think the hardest thing in this sport is knowing (you're in the lead/going to shoot your best round, etc) and then play really well from there.

At least you played well, keep your head up. Keep putting yourself in that position and you'll be better served to do well.

Happens to all of us - it's golf. At least you didn't wait until #9 to hit your first green like I did during out MGA event on Saturday. :)

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Thanks guys. So tough to know you are in position to win and continue to play well. Golf is definitely played on that 6 inch course between your ears.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Cheer up. The last five holes at Wellshire will humble anyone.

Worse! Played my first 18 on sat all year. Don't get me wrong I sneak off the the driving range when I can and have played 2 separate 9 holes. Was so excited to play a full 18. 8 holes in and I was on fire. Came into 9, +1 which is way better than my handicap... Shot a 9, or +5 on the 9th. Played a solid next 8 holes... Shot an 8, or +4 on the 18th. Still a great day, but both closing holes were terrible :(

If only... I feel like that's my 'theme song' for golf

Worse! Played my first 18 on sat all year. Don't get me wrong I sneak off the the driving range when I can and have played 2 separate 9 holes. Was so excited to play a full 18. 8 holes in and I was on fire. Came into 9, +1 which is way better than my handicap... Shot a 9, or +5 on the 9th. Played a solid next 8 holes... Shot an 8, or +4 on the 18th. Still a great day, but both closing holes were terrible :(

Titleist 910 D3, 9.5 Kai'li A1
Titleist 910 F, 15 Kai'li A1
Titleist 718 3 Iron
Titleist 712 AP1, 4-9
Odyssey ProType #9
Titleist SM7F, 48.10
Titleist SM6F, 52.08
Titleist SM6S, 56.10
Titleist SM4, 60.07

Need some help guys. Have to drop the wife off in Arvada (roughly just north of Mount Olivet cemetery) Saturday morning at 7:00. Anyplace a guy could go that's fairly close and I would have chance of getting on at the last minute? I would probably be ok with just nine holes too.

Or if anyone is playing in the area around that time and has any openings.

Any help at all,is much appreciated.