3 wood, 42"

Hybrid, 40.5"

3 iron, 39"

4-6, 37.5"

7-9, 36.5"

PW, GW, SW, 35.5"

Putter, 35"

Any thoughts?

I like it. I think a little length progression is a good idea. I for one am looking forward to trying the single length irons from Cobra and will be interested in how long the single length irons stick around this time.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Sri on Z U85 26*
Adam’s A-Tour Red 5-P
Edel 54* DVR, 58* DVR

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this on twitter. Pretty interesting partnership. I saw a super small pic of the heads they hid in a tweet and thought it could be a Paderson shaft. Never imagined it would be a special single length shaft.

Without knowing exact specs of these Edel shafts, how do their other iron shafts compare to a standard DG S300? I fit into a S300 and this single shaft offering makes me somewhat apprehensive about pulling the trigger when they are released. What I think I might do if these don't feel well/work for me is to install 7i AMT S300 shafts in all clubheads - can anybody tell me if there is any reason why this won't work for a single length set?

Just saw this on twitter. Pretty interesting partnership. I saw a super small pic of the heads they hid in a tweet and thought it could be a Paderson shaft. Never imagined it would be a special single length shaft.

Without knowing exact specs of these Edel shafts, how do their other iron shafts compare to a standard DG S300? I fit into a S300 and this single shaft offering makes me somewhat apprehensive about pulling the trigger when they are released. What I think I might do if these don't feel well/work for me is to install 7i AMT S300 shafts in all clubheads - can anybody tell me if there is any reason why this won't work for a single length set?

I don't know what the specifics are. I'm sure you could take a 7 iron shaft and just use that, but I think folks that have tried that have seen longer short iron distance and shorter long iron distance.

I've never tried a paderson shaft, but I've heard great things about their hybrid shafts.

I don't know what the specifics are. I'm sure you could take a 7 iron shaft and just use that, but I think folks that have tried that have seen longer short iron distance and shorter long iron distance.

I've never tried a paderson shaft, but I've heard great things about their hybrid shafts.

I have not had the chance to hit any of the one length irons as of yet but from what I have seen the differences in distance seemed to be more trajectory based than anything especially with the Cobra one length irons. I think that if they could have someone manufacturer a shaft specific for this set that would address the trajectory of each head it would eliminate that distance discrepancy. Looks like that may be what Edel and Paderson has done and look forward to seeing more on these.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Sri on Z U85 26*
Adam’s A-Tour Red 5-P
Edel 54* DVR, 58* DVR

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Review is up on youtube from buzza golf. No mention if the long irons fly higher then other single length sets. He mentions spin and launch angle but not peak height. The one issue that they claim to fix with the shaft and he seemed almost to avoid it. Wished they would just have hard data done outdoors showing peak heights. I had the sterling and the 5 iron was a low ballflight. I have 87 to 89 mph with 8 iron. My friend who has 97+ speed hit alot lower then he normally does. So it isn't that. Edel claims to have solved that but there is nothing showing that they did. No hate here because i think the theory makes sense.

I want to say I have tried these irons and found them very excellent. I went through a fitting. This is key. Nobody can voice an opinion without getting fitted by an Edel fitter. I chose the 7 iron length for my set length. The shafts are excellent and were developed especially for the Edel irons. A key point. Next and finally David took the years of development of Bryson's clubs to make his. Nobody else has his information Get fit

I want to say I have tried these irons and found them very excellent. I went through a fitting. This is key. Nobody can voice an opinion without getting fitted by an Edel fitter. I chose the 7 iron length for my set length. The shafts are excellent and were developed especially for the Edel irons. A key point. Next and finally David took the years of development of Bryson's clubs to make his. Nobody else has his information Get fit

How did the shafts play? What flex and weight did you get? Did they play true to flex?

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

Ok so do the long irons fly as high or higher then what you normally hit them. That is edels claim. Cobra and wishon claim the same however the truth is they fly lower. Again no bashing here.

Ok so do the long irons fly as high or higher then what you normally hit them. That is edels claim. Cobra and wishon claim the same however the truth is they fly lower. Again no bashing here.

Yes they do. During the fitting was getting around 32 yards peek height with a 4 iron.

Yes they do. During the fitting was getting around 32 yards peek height with a 4 iron.

How did the shafts play? What flex and weight did you get? Did they play true to flex?

2024 Callaway Tour 
Ogio Silencer bag

The clubs fit for me with the Special Paderson shafts gave me what I wanted for launch, spin and distance. The heads are adjustable for weight and this itself is a feature that makes the overall fit perfect. Go to an Edel fitter and see what you get for yourself. You need to compare to your current fit irons.

I don't have a fitter anywhere close to where I live. I was just hoping to get your thoughts on the shafts and how they play flex wise and how they compare to other shafts you have tried.

2024 Callaway Tour 
Ogio Silencer bag

The clubs fit for me with the Special Paderson shafts gave me what I wanted for launch, spin and distance. The heads are adjustable for weight and this itself is a feature that makes the overall fit perfect. Go to an Edel fitter and see what you get for yourself. You need to compare to your current fit irons.

I don't have a fitter anywhere close to where I live. I was just hoping to get your thoughts on the shafts and how they play flex wise and how they compare to other shafts you have tried.

What shafts are you playing right now?

C taper lite 7 iron shafts in stiff in cobra one forged. The flex feels good but the long irons launch too low. Overall just a tad heavy by 5-10 grams.

2024 Callaway Tour 
Ogio Silencer bag

• 1 month later...

I've had my set for a couple days. Quick thoughts: the 7 iron with the paterson shaft is one of the best feeling irons I've ever hit, chipping is more comfortable with a 7 iron length sw than a traditional sw, and long iron gapping wasn't as difficult as I expected. They were reluctant to include a 3 iron with my order, but it may be the highlight of the set. Definitely recommend the fitting.

• 2 weeks later...

Zach and I played three rounds in two days in Austin this week.

He holed out a gap wedge from 120 for a deuce on a par 4. I've never seen his short iron play as sharp. Nearly every shot was on great line, long and short irons. He hit a 3 iron off the tee that went way further than I expected.

I still managed to beat him at River Place but he smoked me at ACC.

I don't want to really speak for him, but i'm pretty sure he's smitten.

I think they play soft to flex. I hit a Regular on Edel's suggestion and it ballooned and spun like a top. I told them I normally play Stiff and they suggested Regular in the Paderson. I would definitely hit them and get fit.

first post, sweet.

As a guy getting back into golf after a 8 year hiatus, the single length concept intrigues me. I played, very non-seriously, for 10 years and never played well. I am treating this as if I am starting brand new.

I am not paying the Edel price for clubs. So the Cobras or the Pinhawks will be the choice. The issues with hitting them high, hitting them low....how about keeping it out of the lake?

And being gone for so long, I figured you guys would be hitting PW's from the tips of these par 4's by now. WTH!