2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Oceans Eleven Confessions to break a man's heart....

Matt J

Nice get on the rangefinder MC. Everyone I play with has one while I still use

my outdated Garmin GPS watch. I am often able to compare the laser numbers

to my GPS and sometimes the numbers are very close and sometimes my GPS

numbers are pretty far off. For sure the rangefinder is the way to go.

Guys, I also am very happy for this place. Seems we can say anything...discuss anything....have several different takes on a subject,and no one

ever gets upset......well....at least no one shows any kind of disrespect...lol. A lot of the comments on this thread would be leading into a

huge argumentative debate,.....so...again....thanks to all of you guys...you ARE the thread...

now...i am still using the old Sky Caddy 2.....i have noticed that it is finally not holding a charge very well,so i will be interested in hearing what

MC thinks of his great find. I have had this thing for what seems like a loooong time,and the tech. has left me far behind !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The county I live in passed a referendum and banned GMO seed. We grow a lot of produce and it's easy to source locally through the Farmer's Market or special programs called CSA's that are "community supported agricultural" associations where you get a box of veggies once or twice a week for a subscription fee.

I studied in the Environmental Ethics program at the University of Georgia while the Crop and Soil Science department held the grants that they used to develop the Roundup Ready seed. The scientists that developed the seed spoke to us regularly and we had a lot of access to ask them questions and discuss the program. Every single one of them had reservations concerning the safety. Every single issue they thought might be a problem has become a problem. They trusted DuPont and Monsanto to test the products properly, but ultimately they made 2 or 3 times the money that their colleagues made so they did their jobs.

It's a tough issue. It's very unfortunate that there are a lot of people without food security, in this country and around the world. But, I don't think monoculture and better living through chemistry is the answer. Those same birds that lose the ability to reproduce are an important part of a complete ecosystem that includes pollinators, nitrogen fixers, soil enrichers, and other elements that the crops also need to survive.

Conrad, the balance between species on this planet is integral to all types of life. I would never be callous to the loss of human life, but that doesn't mean we "short" the planet and cost our species and innumerable others the chance to ever exist well into the future. Our society will always struggle with our desire to promote emerging markets for financial reasons while understanding that a smaller world population is essential to long-term survival. My opinion for the last 20 years has been that over-population is by far the greatest problem that confronts our species and planet.

Totally agree. Nicely put. Humans have an unfortunate predilection for destroying other species. Destroying out own planet will be our ultimate downfall.

Its a complex issue but a lot of it is due to the system we live in, where greed and selfishness run rampant, especially amongst large corporations, and the needs of the many are subservient to the those of the few at the top. Short term financial interests trump long-term

Over population is also a huge issue. The fact is, the planet can barely sustain the number of people it has now and as the population continues to increase exponentially, there will be a tipping point. It's not hard to imagine future wars taking place over access to increasingly limited natural resources.

It's truly depressing sometimes to see what the last few generations have done, and are doing, to planet earth.

Now, where's the gin.

I largely agree with both of you guys. Man has been polluting this earth ever since he started making fire and one could argue it is simply his nature to do so. I can't argue with this view but can only add that this nature also empowers him to be the steward of his own environment. To me it necessitates that he be just that. And over the long term, his best chance of survival is that he put priority of being the steward over the polluter. So my take is yes, there needs to be advancements in technology but there also need to be checks and balances in the process of it. Changes need to be made slowly and everybody needs to understand that there is always a risk of not full comprehending all the effects of both a technological benefit and detriment.

In past confessions threads I have posted a lot of stuff about chaos theory which in essence is the mathematics of feedback loops, which also are the same mathematics that drive natural systems like life on earth. What I know about chaotic systems is that stability is truly a fleeting thing and even the slightest change of a variable may drive a system out of complete balance. Ultimately this could be enough of an imbalance to cause the death of our species. So ultimately to me, technological changes need to be made with care and caution. It is inevitable that we are going to need them, but it is naïve to think that they won't be the cause of our own downfall.

Ultimately this is why I have major issue with corporate agendas to push changes that affect our food and the environment for their own profit. (I don't even want to get started on Monsanto.) I understand completely that the issue is a complex one and there are no clear cut solutions or always a complete right or wrong. Also there is the fact that peoples' jobs and lives are at stake on both sides of the fence (BTW, thank you Chief Ill for your perspective!!!). But when it comes down to it, I am worried that corporate agendas have mostly taken precedence over altruistic ones and yes we are starting to pay the price for it.

What I see nowadays with children being allergic to this and that and not being able to eat this and that food. "Gluten free" meant nothing 20 years ago. And there were generations of families that went by before that without all these complications with diet. I would think that a lot of health issues today that weren't even conceived of in the past are due to our own technological "advancements".

What happens down the road I don't know. I do know that I support only slow technological advancements in the areas of our food and the environment. I also believe we are only starting to see the problems we have created ourselves, but again this is our nature. Only when our lives our so negatively impacted that we regress in our ways of living will I think things will ever really change. The big question to me is how bad things will get before we start to better manage this planet's resources.

Also Wolf, have you read this book?

http://www.drperlmutter.com/about/grain-brain-by-david-perlmutter/

It supports a lot of your fears about whole grains. I have only read snippets of it at my Dad's house, but it was fascinating. LOL he says that fat is good for your brain. (I just have to figure out how to move it up there from my gut.)

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

LOL, I love how inexperienced EBay sellers will list a Nike Polo and

then list the color as blue. Um........don't they realize we live in the age

of marketing and Nike has about 50 different shades of blue????

And, of course you know the pics can really skew colors, lol.

So, I have to message them and have them give me the Nike color

code on the tag.....which if they knew the gig would have it showing

in a pic so you can blow it up and read it yourself and not have to send

them a message.

That's like a seller selling a set of irons and listing the flex as stiff but

not telling you which frickin' shafts they are and not showing a shaft

lable in a pic.........so you gotta message them and ask them WHAT

shafts are they??!! Geez.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I'm in a funky mindset. Unusual for me. I need to go to Ebay and buy

something. Be back in a bit.

I'm fully expecting you to come back having bought a Uro Club, or a set of Miura Baby Blades. Or both.

Haha, I went small

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That's not right. You posted that link so all of us would click on it and see that you still have a 32" waist. Well played.

Think I was a 32" for about a month when I was like 12 or something. Was just passing thru.

T minus 2hrs. and 20 minutes till the close of the big eBay sale. Come on peoples, get off your wallets! Need maximization of operating capital in the slush fund for future endeavors.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I'm fully expecting you to come back having bought a Uro Club, or a set of Miura Baby Blades. Or both.

Haha, I went small

I like 'em Rad. I think they're going to look very fetching. Be sure to post pics!

Confession - I've never owned a GPS or Rangefinder. To be honest, find the laser thing a little annoying. One of the golf buds has one. He seems to have the need to scope the pin on every single damn shot. Even when we're like 200+ yards away. And announce it to me, even when I'm not asking. Frosts me a bit and I've told him about it.

As long as I can get a sprinkler head reading or yardage mark, can extrapolate from there. Usually within +/- 5 yards of what the techno reads, and that generally is close enough.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Good leg work MC. Master WRX navigator. That thread was kind of melancholy, full of sad well wishes and hopeful encouragement to come back. Classy show of support, shows that there is some good on the internet. Still sucks that a troll took down a GOAT like Millhouse. I recently got incarcerated for confronting a troll, and I realized that there is still plenty of good stuff here, esp confessions of course, that it is worthwhile to just avoid them (report, block, ignore) and move on..

My first ever suspension from WRX was from "abusing" the report button. LMAO I could not believe it. Every time a troll would reply to me and post something disrespectful, I would report it and quote the specific rule that was violated. Ever since then I don't report $hit anymore...Although I've been half tempted to report some trolls with dual member accounts in current blades vs CBs thread....

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. ---------->[ ] !!!!

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

The county I live in passed a referendum and banned GMO seed. We grow a lot of produce and it's easy to source locally through the Farmer's Market or special programs called CSA's that are "community supported agricultural" associations where you get a box of veggies once or twice a week for a subscription fee.

I studied in the Environmental Ethics program at the University of Georgia while the Crop and Soil Science department held the grants that they used to develop the Roundup Ready seed. The scientists that developed the seed spoke to us regularly and we had a lot of access to ask them questions and discuss the program. Every single one of them had reservations concerning the safety. Every single issue they thought might be a problem has become a problem. They trusted DuPont and Monsanto to test the products properly, but ultimately they made 2 or 3 times the money that their colleagues made so they did their jobs.

It's a tough issue. It's very unfortunate that there are a lot of people without food security, in this country and around the world. But, I don't think monoculture and better living through chemistry is the answer. Those same birds that lose the ability to reproduce are an important part of a complete ecosystem that includes pollinators, nitrogen fixers, soil enrichers, and other elements that the crops also need to survive.

Conrad, the balance between species on this planet is integral to all types of life. I would never be callous to the loss of human life, but that doesn't mean we "short" the planet and cost our species and innumerable others the chance to ever exist well into the future. Our society will always struggle with our desire to promote emerging markets for financial reasons while understanding that a smaller world population is essential to long-term survival. My opinion for the last 20 years has been that over-population is by far the greatest problem that confronts our species and planet.

Totally agree. Nicely put. Humans have an unfortunate predilection for destroying other species. Destroying out own planet will be our ultimate downfall.

Its a complex issue but a lot of it is due to the system we live in, where greed and selfishness run rampant, especially amongst large corporations, and the needs of the many are subservient to the those of the few at the top. Short term financial interests trump long-term

Over population is also a huge issue. The fact is, the planet can barely sustain the number of people it has now and as the population continues to increase exponentially, there will be a tipping point. It's not hard to imagine future wars taking place over access to increasingly limited natural resources.

It's truly depressing sometimes to see what the last few generations have done, and are doing, to planet earth.

Now, where's the gin.

I largely agree with both of you guys. Man has been polluting this earth ever since he started making fire and one could argue it is simply his nature to do so. I can't argue with this view but can only add that this nature also empowers him to be the steward of his own environment. To me it necessitates that he be just that. And over the long term, his best chance of survival is that he put priority of being the steward over the polluter. So my take is yes, there needs to be advancements in technology but there also need to be checks and balances in the process of it. Changes need to be made slowly and everybody needs to understand that there is always a risk of not full comprehending all the effects of both a technological benefit and detriment.

In past confessions threads I have posted a lot of stuff about chaos theory which in essence is the mathematics of feedback loops, which also are the same mathematics that drive natural systems like life on earth. What I know about chaotic systems is that stability is truly a fleeting thing and even the slightest change of a variable may drive a system out of complete balance. Ultimately this could be enough of an imbalance to cause the death of our species. So ultimately to me, technological changes need to be made with care and caution. It is inevitable that we are going to need them, but it is naïve to think that they won't be the cause of our own downfall.

Ultimately this is why I have major issue with corporate agendas to push changes that affect our food and the environment for their own profit. (I don't even want to get started on Monsanto.) I understand completely that the issue is a complex one and there are no clear cut solutions or always a complete right or wrong. Also there is the fact that peoples' jobs and lives are at stake on both sides of the fence (BTW, thank you Chief Ill for your perspective!!!). But when it comes down to it, I am worried that corporate agendas have mostly taken precedence over altruistic ones and yes we are starting to pay the price for it.

What I see nowadays with children being allergic to this and that and not being able to eat this and that food. "Gluten free" meant nothing 20 years ago. And there were generations of families that went by before that without all these complications with diet. I would think that a lot of health issues today that weren't even conceived of in the past are due to our own technological "advancements".

What happens down the road I don't know. I do know that I support only slow technological advancements in the areas of our food and the environment. I also believe we are only starting to see the problems we have created ourselves, but again this is our nature. Only when our lives our so negatively impacted that we regress in our ways of living will I think things will ever really change. The big question to me is how bad things will get before we start to better manage this planet's resources.

Also Wolf, have you read this book?

http://www.drperlmut...vid-perlmutter/

It supports a lot of your fears about whole grains. I have only read snippets of it at my Dad's house, but it was fascinating. LOL he says that fat is good for your brain. (I just have to figure out how to move it up there from my gut.)

Wisdom there D.

Pragmatism and truth are good things to employ as we progress on this earth.

Zealotry is our enemy and so is partisanship. We should IMO do what we think is

best considering all known factors. If something turns out to not work or is wrong

then we can reset and go in another direction. Much too often people get worked

up and turn these things into political battles when they need not be.

If people are given the truth and presented with options and told this may or may

not work but it's worth giving it a try based on what we currently know then

EVERYONE can take ownership in implementing the solution.

If something turns out to not work then we should try something else and not

keep hanging on to what isn't working, which is what we often are doing.

Instead we currently have accusations flying around and name calling and we

end up paralyzed by infighting. I'll be so glad if one day we "mericans can go

back to rationality and tackling our problems on a united front and not make

everything a political issue and dividing into camps of warring factions.

Whether people are on the left or the right or somewhere in between, we

need to remember that we are not enemies of one another and we should

shun those who continuously try to divide us into groups in order to

manipulate us and pit us against each other. It's really getting old.

And I agree that if the EPA is going to issue a regulation that will cause

a loss of a significant number of jobs, that power should be removed based

on parameters and put in the hands of the nations ELECTED representatives.

No way a bureaucrat in any government agency should have that kind of

power. That power belongs in the hands of the people and those they elect

to represent them.

The same goes for judges. We are not a nation ruled by 9 judges. We are a

self governing REPUBLIC. 90% of judges should be impeached and removed

from the benches along with their black robes. Pompous A-holes IMO.

Rant over

SLED Gemini

Haha, I went small

That's not right. You posted that link so all of us would click on it and see that you still have a 32" waist. Well played.

Think I was a 32" for about a month when I was like 12 or something. Was just passing thru.

T minus 2hrs. and 20 minutes till the close of the big eBay sale. Come on peoples, get off your wallets! Need maximization of operating capital in the slush fund for future endeavors.

Um........I normally wear a 33-34. I'm being optimistic that I can get into

those when I get home, lol, BUT I can see how it would be viewed as a

passive brag, LMAO. They just didn't have that color in a 33 and so I'm

betting the house I can git 'er done......goodbye grains again!!

SLED Gemini

Just curious, which Confessors have played? So far I know of only dan360 and I, but also didn't scotee and Conrad1953 play once? What about PeanutsDaddy and Pigems?

Actually I tried to reach YOU when I played Wild Horse in Pendleton, then

Scotee said he would have come with some notice but it was after.

If we ever get back to the PNW I'm definitely ringing your bell and Scotee

and Dan and whoever else will come. Party in Pendleton; probably the only

place I can get the truck into that is reachable by all you guys.

I think MC and I may play together this summer and I still hope to make it

out to SC to see Stu and.......WE NEED A CONFESSIONS OUTING!!

Who is willing to host and organize it????????

SLED Gemini

Just curious, which Confessors have played? So far I know of only dan360 and I, but also didn't scotee and Conrad1953 play once? What about PeanutsDaddy and Pigems?

I've got 6 Rounds in so far, 4 last week and 2 this week. It's been sunny and between 2* and 10*C but has been very windy. Got one really good round and 5 very choppy rounds, chalking it up to early season rust and not much practice over this winter. I'll get it sorted out soon enough. I think going from flat, clean simulator shots to a real course where you rarely have a flat lie after your tee shot isn't helping either lol. Gotta love this game eh ;)

My bad. I meant which confessors have played together? Sorry!

Registered Bladeocrat

I've got 6 Rounds in so far, 4 last week and 2 this week. It's been sunny and between 2* and 10*C but has been very windy. Got one really good round and 5 very choppy rounds, chalking it up to early season rust and not much practice over this winter. I'll get it sorted out soon enough. I think going from flat, clean simulator shots to a real course where you rarely have a flat lie after your tee shot isn't helping either lol. Gotta love this game eh ;)

My bad lol, Stoner Moment :drag:

I think PD is around a 24-30 hour drive away from me, not too too far lol

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Umm....dem shorts is RED,

umm.....Redro?

I'm TOOLed again! Can't keep up!!

Um.....they are DARING red. Gotta school you on the ways of NIKE. :D

So is MC gonna be the emcee at the Confessions outing?? Maybe you

can be the DJ; you have good taste in coca music.

SLED Gemini

I'm watching Smokey and the Bandit, I Effing Love this movie lol

Sally Field was lookin' good back in those days. Keep on truckin' brah!

SLED Gemini

You'd be correct Pigs. I made the drive a decade ago, too bad we weren't acquainted back then.

When G64 make our pilgrimage we are playing Cabot Trail. : )

Also, so cool to see that MDG and myspinonit met up on the West Coast. Two fine Canadian gentlemen.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

The timing for Pendleton was bad, IIRC. I have never played there and ABSOEFFINGHAMLUTELY I would gladly try to get out there to play a round with you. Advanced notice is always best. But if you are going to be closer to Portland, the better for me. I will find us a place to play with your bigWord not allowed truck too. Just get within a few hours of here and I will handle logistics.

And if we play with scoteef and dan-O, we can't be teams. They will clean our clocks. Oh and if Hamboogerburgler shows up, I call him as partner...first!!!

Registered Bladeocrat

You'd be correct Pigs. I made the drive a decade ago, too bad we weren't acquainted back then.

When G64 make our pilgrimage we are playing Cabot Trail. : )

Also, so cool to see that MDG and myspinonit met up on the West Coast. Two fine Canadian gentlemen.

Mrs P did mention today about wanting to plan a trip to Cape Breton for a golf/spa vacation. ;)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Somebody makes a Smokey and the Bandit reference and I'm outta likes! Argh!

Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there!! BTDT, lol.

It twas a great movie. Showing my age but I remember when Coors beer

was not sold east of the Rockies and so it was highly coveted in the east.

When I was a young buck and not of age yet, Coors was our beer of choice

in SoCal. We were gullible back then haha.

SLED Gemini

What was/is your CB Handle Rad?? Do CB radios still get used or have cell phones killed them?

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

The timing for Pendleton was bad, IIRC. I have never played there and ABSOEFFINGHAMLUTELY I would gladly try to get out there to play a round with you. Advanced notice is always best. But if you are going to be closer to Portland, the better for me. I will find us a place to play with your bigWord not allowed truck too. Just get within a few hours of here and I will handle logistics.

And if we play with scoteef and dan-O, we can't be teams. They will clean our clocks. Oh and if Hamboogerburgler shows up, I call him as partner...first!!!

Ya, I think Scotee is sneaky good and modest. Gotta watch out for him.

And Master Dan was offered a sponsorship so we know what that means.

I'll pair up with Scotee so old against young. He'll school you both while

I'm just along for the ride!

If Hamster shows up he's playing from the tips AND giving strokes!!

If I get anywhere close to Portland and have some time I'll take you up

fo sho. Just don't take me to a course that has glory holes.

SLED Gemini

What was/is your CB Handle Rad?? Do CB radios still get used or have cell phones killed them?

No handle Pigs. CBs are still tools of the trade but we no longer use

ours. I have it in the sidebox, lol, and that's where it stays.

For "team" trucks they are a nuisance with all the noise and chatter

and mess up someone trying to sleep in the bunk.

They were fun when I was a n00b but the thrill wore off after awhile;

just like floatin' gears and blowin' peoples ears of with the jake brakes.

SLED Gemini

Ya, I think Scotee is sneaky good and modest. Gotta watch out for him.

And Master Dan was offered a sponsorship so we know what that means.

I'll pair up with Scotee so old against young. He'll school you both while

I'm just along for the ride!

If Hamster shows up he's playing from the tips AND giving strokes!!

If I get anywhere close to Portland and have some time I'll take you up

fo sho. Just don't take me to a course that has glory holes.

scoteef probably laughs when we are happy with our 84s. Sneaky good is true. I bet he is a lights out putter. Dentists have steady hands and are used to viewing things at angles. Good pick.

But my man dan can golf his ball fo sho too. Fairway to green to solid with all parts of the game covered.

And also remember Matt J is in range too. Goodnight if he and Hammerslammer pair up.

And definitely no courses with GHs.

Registered Bladeocrat

haha i hear ya. My sand play isn't abismal (well to my low standards) but my sand save % is almost 25% according to my stat keeping app The Grint which is more accurate than my GG as I will make trips to the courses without remembering the device or the GPS doesn't put down sand attempt even though the marker is in the sand..... annnnnyyyy who haha, I would love to play on a course with some great PGA level sand. I guess I have at Harbour Towne and the Ocean course though. HT was about a month before the event too

My RPF has always been 100% (rounds paid for) and when I play bad, I'm usually only disappointed temporarily so my ODT is about 94%, I can work on it a bit. As I look back over the years I've played golf at some of my bigger mistakes I've overcome, I have totally eliminated CFOC (clubs fell off cart), and WTS (whiffed tee shot) so I've got that going for me. One that seems to be getting worse though at my age that I need to work on and bring back down is PBT (pees behind trees)... I don't know if any of y'all are working on any similar stats???

Haha!,

I've noticed lately that my reservoir seems to be shrinking with age. Funny thing is, my eyesight has been dramatically improving over the last five+ years. I'm actually wearing a single eye contact, where I needed two until last year.

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other, I know.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

My Dad bought a Cadillac with a built in CB when I was a kid. He used it to avoid speed traps when we took long trips in it. I remember hearing different handles and such and code speak, but also normal convo every now and then. Later my Dad got a radar detector and we stopped using it.

Registered Bladeocrat

I'm such a noob I had to look up what floating gears even was. Turns out that's almost exclusively how I drive my semi. I got my cdl and semi about ten years ago and of course started with double clutching and wasn't great at it. Another farmer told me about skipping using the clutch once you got a feel for matching road speed to engine speed and I've been a smooth sailor ever since. It was my impression it's how pretty much everyone hauling grain and pulling 80K drives. Are the over the road guys all double clutching Conrad? I do know that "floating" is bad if you're unfamiliar with a truck and doing any grinding but if you can float smoothly I thought it was totally ok? Hope I'm not damaging my tranny although I've had my semi several years so I think (hope) I'm doing ok!