2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Excellent Customer Service Experiences To Share

Hello everyone, I have seen some sporadic threads about good and bad service / experiences, and thought I would share 4 outstanding ones I have had recently. I know it's easy to share negative stories, but takes a little more work to write positive ones. So in case someone is wondering about a next purchase, I thought it may be good to have some superb feedback to make it easier. Feel free to add any others of folks going above and beyond!

PING - I recently noticed some small holes in my g30 headcovers. I emailed Ping and received an email from Bill within hours asking for the serial numbers and my address. Once he verified they were real, he shipped me FOUR new g30 headcovers, no charge! I had them within a week. I have had several woods, from all brands, but this will make me think seriously about ever changing again (brands I mean :-)). Very impressive.

MANNKRAFTED - Anyone that has dealt with Lamont Mann probably knows what I am talking about. It's true you get what you pay for.... but not always. Here it is. I am on my 3rd putter build in as many months, and I could not be happier. I have had pretty much every putter maker, not going to name them, but if you tell me a putter I am 95% sure I've owned it. Mann will not only make what you want, he will make sure it's right. And not stop until it is. Responses are awesome, and his knowledge is key. Don't get me wrong... Byron, Machine, Cameron, all great companies and products. Lamont has just been next level for me.

EDEL - I needed an adjustment done on an Edel. I called the customer service number and got someone who actually picked up the phone... huh? She transferred me to the club tech who answered my questions. I forgot something, called back. Same lady, same guy. Sent in my club and had it back within 10 days. Now it wasn't cheap for an easy fix, but I wanted it done right, and they didn't disappoint. Great small company.

KBS - I purchased some Adams tour irons (cough Amazon sale) which came with KBS tour shafts and no labels. I emailed KBS customer service to see if I could get labels at 10pm EST and within seconds I had a an auto reply, and within 2 minutes I had a message from Tod asking for my address and that he would ship me a set out asap, no charge. I am in sales myself, and one of the ideals I teach is urgency / responsiveness. Wow, KBS really delivered here.

Just a few positive examples to share today - enjoy and good luck!

• Qi10 Driver
  • Qi10 3w
  • Qi10 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • MG4 / SM10 Wedges
  • Every Putter
  • TP5x Ball

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have dealt with Callaway CS a few times. They are, quite literally, amazing. Not once did they leave me feeling like they didn't really want to leave me being a satisfied customer.

Footjoy - not so much. Had a problem with my shoes. I called in, identified them on the phone, told the rep the problem (entire bottom had come unglued on one shoe), and asked if they were still under warranty. The rep indicated that, while they were an older model, I would need to ship them in for evaluation. I shipped them, at my cost, to FJ and then waited. About two weeks later I finally heard back from them - in an email. Something about being out of warranty and nothing they could do.

Another week passes and a box arrives in the mail. They shipped me back my shoes. No discount coupons included, no letter inside apologizing or explaining, and no remedy.

I called them back to ask why their phone CS could not have indicated they were too old and never really got an answer. They stuck with the "needed to evaluate to determine" story. I then asked why they didn't at least attempt to make a repair or provide me with an estimate of repairs, she said that they don't repair - they replace. I took the shoes to a local shoe repair shop and he said that it would be a lost cause trying to glue them back. Not 100% sure why but he said the $20 or so it would cost to repair them wouldn't net anything for me. They were SO comfortable - I loved those shoes. Only had them for about 2 years. Which meant that, at one round per week, and rotating shoes, I wore them well under 100 times total even including range sessions. If I wore them every single day this would mean a life expectancy of about 4 months or so. Sorry, FJ, but I don't replace any of my other shoes (including work boots) that often. And since my other pair of FJ's are going on 4 years old that pair had to have had a flaw.

Will I buy more FJ products?

Yup - love their gloves and still wear what was my back-up shoes.

But I won't be shipping any shoes to them again. No benefit of going to that expense and trouble. Better to just write off the loss and seek out a replacement pair. And hope that they last a normal amount of time.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Only one really recent event...KBS. Needed some shafts replaced. Also delt with Tod. Can't say enough good things about him. They have my admiration for willingness to take care of their customers.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Sun Mountain. Called them twice regarding two different items, a V1 Speedcart and a C130 bag. Both times they immediately sent replacement parts no questions asked.

Izzo, called with a bag question, for no reason they shipped me headcovers and a valuables bag.

Two bad experiences (not golf related) Nissan and Maytag. Lifetime boycott.

X________________________________ Sign Here

I have dealt with Callaway CS a few times. They are, quite literally, amazing. Not once did they leave me feeling like they didn't really want to leave me being a satisfied customer.

Footjoy - not so much. Had a problem with my shoes. I called in, identified them on the phone, told the rep the problem (entire bottom had come unglued on one shoe), and asked if they were still under warranty. The rep indicated that, while they were an older model, I would need to ship them in for evaluation. I shipped them, at my cost, to FJ and then waited. About two weeks later I finally heard back from them - in an email. Something about being out of warranty and nothing they could do.

Another week passes and a box arrives in the mail. They shipped me back my shoes. No discount coupons included, no letter inside apologizing or explaining, and no remedy.

I called them back to ask why their phone CS could not have indicated they were too old and never really got an answer. They stuck with the "needed to evaluate to determine" story. I then asked why they didn't at least attempt to make a repair or provide me with an estimate of repairs, she said that they don't repair - they replace. I took the shoes to a local shoe repair shop and he said that it would be a lost cause trying to glue them back. Not 100% sure why but he said the $20 or so it would cost to repair them wouldn't net anything for me. They were SO comfortable - I loved those shoes. Only had them for about 2 years. Which meant that, at one round per week, and rotating shoes, I wore them well under 100 times total even including range sessions. If I wore them every single day this would mean a life expectancy of about 4 months or so. Sorry, FJ, but I don't replace any of my other shoes (including work boots) that often. And since my other pair of FJ's are going on 4 years old that pair had to have had a flaw.

Will I buy more FJ products?

Yup - love their gloves and still wear what was my back-up shoes.

But I won't be shipping any shoes to them again. No benefit of going to that expense and trouble. Better to just write off the loss and seek out a replacement pair. And hope that they last a normal amount of time.

wow, surprised on the fj one. guess i will stick w my eccos :-)
  • Qi10 Driver
  • Qi10 3w
  • Qi10 Hybrid
  • MG4 / SM10 Wedges
  • Every Putter
  • TP5x Ball

Sun Mountain. Called them twice regarding two different items, a V1 Speedcart and a C130 bag. Both times they immediately sent replacement parts no questions asked.

Izzo, called with a bag question, for no reason they shipped me headcovers and a valuables bag.

Two bad experiences (not golf related) Nissan and Maytag. Lifetime boycott.

sweet, always wondered about sun mountain, thanks! also agree on maytag ugh.
  • Qi10 Driver
  • Qi10 3w
  • Qi10 Hybrid
  • MG4 / SM10 Wedges
  • Every Putter
  • TP5x Ball

Agree on Callaway. Tops in CS.

Non-golf:

Pit Boss smokers: Had a motor go out on my pellet smoker after 2 years. Emailed them asking how much a new motor was. They FedEx'd me a new motor free of charge with all the installation instructions as well as a brand new heavy duty cover! Awesome!

Ryobi: Bought an air nailer but wasn't to impressed with it as it took several attempts to fire before it would shoot a nail. Worked, just not well. I was browsing homedepot.com one day and stumbled on the product so I thought after owning it for a few years I would review and let people know the pros and cons. About a week after I posted my review, I had a manager at Ryobi email me and ask me some more questions. He said what I described was a flaw in some of the early models and over-nighted me a new one at no charge. Made me glad I buy a lot of Ryobi things.

Back to golf...

Ogio is also top notch. Five year old bag strap breaks. They have no replacement. Send me a coupon code for 50% off of anything they sell. I didn't want or need a new bag. Posted the code here and I think it worked for more than one member.

I ended retrofitting a strap from one of my really old bags and it is still in use today. Awesome bag btw. Ogio Atlas.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Mike Warobick of US 1 Golf in Rockledge down here. The guy is an amazing fitter, and is just a really nice guy. Knows the game, knows how to maximize for his customers, and doesn't upsell anything.

Plus his range is a hoot - he has cars out there for you to hit! Nothing like bouncing a PW off of an old Isuzu. : )

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Leupold, Taylormade, Pre TMAG Adams, KBS, and True Temper have all treated me well. (Damn, that list makes me look like a whiner!)

Leupold - I sent my GX3 in. I told them that I had purchased it second hand. That the display had become dim. They sent me their latest model (2 product cycles later) with no questions asked. Even though they new I was not the original purchaser.

Taylormade SuperTri head cracked. They sent me a R11.

Adams XTD fairway had the weight fall out of two of them. They sent me the most recent product model.

KBS and True Temper both sent me new shafts stickers, multiple times. True Temper was even able to find me new Black Gold shaft stickers that they didn't have cataloged anymore.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link