2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @scotee said:

> Someone posted this one from an airplane flying over Elsinore. I guess there are even some pics taken from satellite. ![]

>

>

Those pics are stunning for sure. And I thought it looked pretty cool to see the crocus' blooming in our yard this morning, ha.

At least the humming birds are migrating north now, and the eagles are still at Buckeye Lake, so spring is indeed here.

• Like 2

> @scotee said:

> Someone posted this one from an airplane flying over Elsinore. I guess there are even some pics taken from satellite. xyk8gn25byru.png

>

Wow, a sea of orange flowers. The SoCal deserts can also get quite colorful this time of year; the weeds

bloom pretty colors, then shrivel and die and end up blowing around as tumbleweeds by mid summer. For

awhile, though, the desert is very colorful. I imagine this year may be a good one for that as Calif has finally

been getting a lot of needed rain and snow.

>

So if this is h> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @scotee said:

> > Someone posted this one from an airplane flying over Elsinore. I guess there are even some pics taken from satellite. xyk8gn25byru.png

> >

> Wow, a sea of orange flowers. The SoCal deserts can also get quite colorful this time of year; the weeds

> bloom pretty colors, then shrivel and die and end up blowing around as tumbleweeds by mid summer. For

> awhile, though, the desert is very colorful. I imagine this year may be a good one for that as Calif has finally

> been getting a lot of needed rain and snow.

> >

So if this is what they sort of call a Tequila Sunrise, then I can understand how beautiful it must be to actually be there. Never been to California but looks like there are a lot of places worth seeing, maybe some day B)

• Like 1

Some good prices for golf there, I thought we were good but on those terms we are being screwed. My local club is $900 /year plus cart which is $20 for 9, $25 for 18, for members and slightly more expensive for visitors. Visitors green fees are $20 for 9 at quiet times $25 for 18 and more expensive for both at weekends. We are one on the cheapest clubs in Queensland and possibly Australia. I know most clubs charge up to $100 per round, cart compulsory, no walkers allowed, gps on cart to monitor time of round and you can be told to stop playing if you don’t keep up. They do some deals, two players plus cart for 18 for $75.

The new roll out has gone into meltdown, taken ages this morning to catch up with overnight posts. Billh is correct, never seen any other thread where the posters get on so well together, several conversations, comments that no one comment on, if that makes sense, and the most helpful and understanding group ever. We are truly blessed having come to rest and feed in the Grille.

• Like 1

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @tolmij said:

> Some good prices for golf there, I thought we were good but on those terms we are being screwed. My local club is $900 /year plus cart which is $20 for 9, $25 for 18, for members and slightly more expensive for visitors. Visitors green fees are $20 for 9 at quiet times $25 for 18 and more expensive for both at weekends. We are one on the cheapest clubs in Queensland and possibly Australia. I know most clubs charge up to $100 per round, cart compulsory, no walkers allowed, gps on cart to monitor time of round and you can be told to stop playing if you don’t keep up. They do some deals, two players plus cart for 18 for $75.

>

> The new roll out has gone into meltdown, taken ages this morning to catch up with overnight posts. Billh is correct, never seen any other thread where the posters get on so well together, several conversations, comments that no one comment on, if that makes sense, and the most helpful and understanding group ever. We are truly blessed having come to rest and feed in the Grille.

Well said about the Grille tol. Sorry about your fees for golf. Sounds a bit high yes. You would think for us seniors they would simply give us a decent break, after all, in a round about way, without a senior or two somewhere, they wouldn't be here...

• Like 2

Public service announcement. I've started scaling this page larger for better viewing. On Safari, cmd '+' 3x. Likely the same with other browsers. Increases the page size to full width of my 13" laptop display, and drops the entire right side bar down to the bottom of the page. Perhaps you've already figured this out, maybe not.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Golf in these-here parts:

Probably 7 or 8 courses within 30 minutes of home. Pricing for old farts range from about $35 to $60 to ride. I haven't joined any one of them merely cause I want to play many of them.

The coast is a few hours away where we get into Stu's territory. For those who haven't been to Myrtle Beach, SC, imagine driving for an hour and passing 70 courses. Golf Mecca.

Sixty - Get well soon. Scotee, yet another amazing picture post. Fella, M. State served up a fright but lives to dance another day. Didn't see Villanova taking a powder. As I type Radro's Auburn team is lighting up Kansas - soundly.

I've learned I suck at this points and badges business. Me and Bick are in the nose-bleed seats but enjoying ourselves nonetheless. Have learned "esra" spelled backwards is now on the hit list. So I'm left speechless after leading the league in using that one. Pretty safe bet "#*~k that" is out - lol. And to top it off, I've checked and there's not one single badge given for overuse of dot,dot,dot. Dead man walking here.

But you guys know me. There's always an upside. Why just today I never once caught one single thing in my fly - ever. Confidence on that front was so high, I strolled my "esra" right down Main Street zipping up and down at light speed with the oiliest wrists this side of the Rockies. And that one taught me a fly can be made to shine like new. It also can generate a surprising amount of heat. OK, yea, I was asked by one uniformed officer to hold off until a cloudy day, but I believe a shiny zipper is a happy zipper, rain or shine.

I'm here for you guys. Wrist oil. Fly maintenance. Explaining who invented doughnuts. I got your back.

• Like 2

Golf in these-here parts: by @Reasonability

Probably 7 or 8 courses within 30 minutes of home. Pricing for old farts range from about $35 to $60 to ride. I haven't joined any one of them merely cause I want to play many of them. **LIKE**

The coast is a few hours away where we get into Stu's territory. For those who haven't been to Myrtle Beach, SC, imagine driving for an hour and passing 70 courses. Golf Mecca. **LIKE**

Sixty - Get well soon. **AGREE** Scotee, yet another amazing picture post. Fella, M. State served up a fright but lives to dance another day. Didn't see Villanova taking a powder. As I type Radro's Auburn team is lighting up Kansas - soundly.

**I've learned I suck at this points and badges business.** **DISAGREE** Me and Bick are in the nose-bleed seats but enjoying ourselves nonetheless. Have learned "esra" spelled backwards is now on the hit list. So I'm left speechless after leading the league in using that one. Pretty safe bet "#*~k that" is out - lol. And to top it off, I've checked and there's not one single badge given for overuse of dot,dot,dot. Dead man walking here.

But you guys know me. There's always an upside. Why just today I never once caught one single thing in my fly - ever. Confidence on that front was so high, I strolled my "esra" right down Main Street zipping up and down at light speed with the oiliest wrists this side of the Rockies. And that one taught me a fly can be made to shine like new. It also can generate a surprising amount of heat. OK, yea, I was asked by one uniformed officer to hold off until a cloudy day, but **I believe a shiny zipper is a happy zipper,** **LOL** rain or shine.

**I'm here for you guys.** **LIKE** (And we for you) Wrist oil. Fly maintenance. Explaining who invented doughnuts. I got your back.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> Someone posted this one from an airplane flying over Elsinore. I guess there are even some pics taken from satellite. xyk8gn25byru.png

>

>

Spectacular colour, this may be the one I was reading about this week, there were that many tourists blocking the roads into a small town and trampling the flowers instead of keeping to the walking paths, they closed off access to the hills. On one day I think they said up to 50,000 tourists were there trying to take the perfect selfie.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Testing

> >

> > OK, it worked. I posted a pic and then deleted it. Just wanted to see if I could post a pic in this new format.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Gave you a like and then deleted it. :)

OK, I'll put the pic back up. It's just a pic in my back yard and not of wildflowers..................

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Rad, I liked some of your stuff I missed before, you deserve to be on top :D

Thanks for your kindness Sixty but to be honest I'm happy to see any Grillester at the top.

This is all just good fun as far as I'm concerned and I am happy to be a part of this esteemed

group.

• Like 1

Wonder if there's a sore throat badge?

g9bzjdvjkraa.png

I was gonna sleep in today, but I got a new alarm clock, and it's very difficult to set the alarm part, so it blasted off at 3:45 AM

Don't know why they don't make them easy to set like they used to. 'if you want to set the alarm for weekends, hold down the alarm 2 button and press the source button for 5 seconds- press the up arrow for time, if you do not want to set for alarm or radio, for weekends, press the source button 5 times and stand on your head and pull the chord 5 times while singing 'Time is on My Side'

@Reasonability. Spartans were never in any trouble, winning wire to wire. Made for easy viewing. The prelims are over, now it gets real. Play LSU next Friday. Don't know about LSU, lot of controversy swirling around the program. Their game yesterday against Maryland could have gone either way. MSU on a path (hopefully) to a regional final matchup against Team Zion. Izzo is like 1-12 against Coach K :# .

Auburn is playing as well as anyone right now. Getting hot at just the right time. With a potential UNC matchup on Thursday (assuming they TCB against Washington). Must see T.V. for CBB fans. Three B1G teams in the Sweet 16, with a chance for two more today. Dare I root for OSU this evening? Just this once.

• Like 2

Checking back in. Thanks for the kind words. Typing is sometimes hanging up. Never had that problem before.

For me, it takes 12 seconds for the likes to register.

Aggravating to say the least.

Walked 14 yesterday, playing 1930 Walter Hagen Star Line pyratone clubs. Driver off the tee was as low as 140 yards, sad. Sliced

the spoon into the woods 3 times, old ratty balls. Last summer, hit the same driver close to 200 yards.

This comment is double spacing, and trying my patience.

"Endeavor to persevere."

• Like 2

Wish they'd fix how the emoticons display (one line lower, center page). Thought about lodging a beef with the authorities, but realized it was way beyond trivial. Subject to scorn and ridicule by "real" WRX'ers <, that have more important issues. Like BST snafu's.

Not a big emoticon user, but have been trying to figure out how to utilize the 1,365 emoticons available in the OSX/Safari system. Like @tolmij has been able to pull off.

Would use Markdown ITT if I new how to use Markdown. (What's in it for me?) Just make it happen, don't keep telling me I can use it. Like how the new platform makes it idiot-proof for not losing a composition (My Drafts). Can do all manner of refreshes and crazy navigating and it's still right here. On numerous occasions, I've lost a carefully crafted posting by bouncing around between open pages looking stuff up. And either backspacing or closing an open window, thus blasting the post into the cyber oblivion. Would piss me off to the point that I would say "to Hell with it".

Lets see how may ***** show up in that last sentence.

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > $22 for nine including the cart is a sweet deal in this part of the country, especially for those of us using Canuck bucks!

> >

> > The curling club runs a golf league at the course up the road from me and the weekly fee is $22 for nine holes walking. Granted, you get treated to a wind-up BBQ at the end of the season, but it still seems like enough in comparison when I can play that course for $45 for 18 including the cart. The course my men's league plays at charges $24.50 for walking nines which is less relevant to me as long as I get a few shifts in I can play for free. We'll see what the season brings. :yum:

>

> Oh, yeah, we do have the 'Chili Open' at the end of the year. The teams are drawn at random from A,B,C and D players in the league or are manufactured from their known abilities. It's all in fun, and it's a scramble. The previous year's winning team gets to stay together. It was for the whole plant, so it's not just a league thing. My team won it 2 years ago, but one of our players went back to Japan so we didn't defend our title and came in 2nd. So some of the ladies at the plant fix stuff like hot dogs, chili, extra hot chili, cake, other typical stuff. I've never had the extra hot chili, but now being retired I've got the rest of... well eternity to recover from the effects of it :#

Extra hot chili!!!!! Right up my alley of course you would expect that from me

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

@Wriggles -- _Endeavour to persevere_ -- sounds like you may have seen outlaw Josie Wales recently as well. I've had a couple of movie marathon evenings in the past week with DW working afternoons.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> Some good prices for golf there, I thought we were good but on those terms we are being screwed. My local club is $900 /year plus cart which is $20 for 9, $25 for 18, for members and slightly more expensive for visitors. Visitors green fees are $20 for 9 at quiet times $25 for 18 and more expensive for both at weekends. We are one on the cheapest clubs in Queensland and possibly Australia. I know most clubs charge up to $100 per round, cart compulsory, no walkers allowed, gps on cart to monitor time of round and you can be told to stop playing if you don’t keep up. They do some deals, two players plus cart for 18 for $75.

>

> The new roll out has gone into meltdown, taken ages this morning to catch up with overnight posts. Billh is correct, never seen any other thread where the posters get on so well together, several conversations, comments that no one comment on, if that makes sense, and the most helpful and understanding group ever. We are truly blessed having come to rest and feed in the Grille.

$900 is a good price. My club is $1,200, and a $240 maintenance fee. (I work off my dues as bookkeeper, a good deal.) Very few members left, place is literally in tatters. Don't know how the place will bring back the grounds help. Mr. President told me he's relying on volunteers to work the course. Yeah, sure. Most "chosen" are not even members of the club. I think I'm the only golfer that doesn't play with that group. No one else ever there. (Maybe 20 max golfers on weekend mornings.)

Don't know where I'll play if my club closes. Many courses around, but expensive, some very crowded, and walkers and singles either disallowed or discouraged. I've told the missus I'll probably just take long walks in town, to get my exercise, in the future. Really can't say I want to play 9 at some overpriced course at 2:00 in the 80-90 degree afternoon heat, and pay $20 and up for the privilege to walk. If not, add another $15 for the cart.

Private clubs abound, the cheapest being around $4K and up, WAY UP. One nearby, by comment by a member, is impossible to walk, being hilly. For $4K, you need to play a lot of golf to make it worthwhile.

We'll see what unfolds, when the grass starts to grow.

Cheers!

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > Y'all have some good deals on golf up north..........and many more choices of courses. Not a lot to choose from

> > > here and nothing within 25 miles of my house. I plan to get the annual pass at the RTJ but it's 35 miles to the

> > > nearest one as I live about halfway between 2 of them. The annual pass is $1500+tax and that covers golf only

> > > so I'll still have to pay a $20 cart fee each round + gas back and forth.

> > >

> > > Carts are not mandatoy but no way I'm gonna walk these courses, especially in the summer. The only thing that

> > > makes this thing a good deal is the caliber of the courses and that the pass is good statewide. The normal daily

> > > rate to play these courses is over $100 a round with cart. From that standpoint the annual pass is a whale of a

> > > deal for us locals but it's still gonna run me $20 plus gas to and fro and 40 minutes transit time each way to play

> > > a round of golf. I envy you guys that have nice $30 courses close to home. I would jump on it if I had one here.

> >

> > Seems to me you posted some pics of one of your beautiful courses a few years ago. Looked very nice. I agree you would have to get the annual pass. One of the local courses has even lower green fees, then they have a cart barn, so you can buy your own cart from wherever, and keep it in the cart barn. It's not really a barn, it's more like those storage units that have popped up everywhere, and they rent them for practically nothing, so your cart is there waiting for you. It's kind of a country-ish place, but the membership rates are very low- they are still on the 2017 rate, are you ready? $350/year. Plus $11 cart for using their carts for 18 holes, heck that's better than going to a range.

> > http://www.burningtreegc.com/

>

> Ya, I wish there were deals like that around here. You guys up there have way more courses per capita

> than we do down here. The RTJ Trail is great but in a way it's like having a Walmart Supercenter come to

> your town and drive out all the smaller businesses.

It is sorta like that around here. You have a couple of options. You can go with various "Memberships" or you can get a card that gives you reduced rates. But during the Tourist seasons you have trouble getting tee times because they favor the big Motel groups and tourist groups with those $90 to $100 rounds. A few of the courses tried to remain independent away from the touron crowd but that has not went so well. Most of them have closed in that tier and the ones that remain are goat tracks. One of the reasons is that they were not making that much off of golf and the local cheap retirees refused to support the club by making pro shop purchases and supporting the snack bar / grill. Now the regular courses are making money hand over fist in those areas too. I know one of the guys told me at my home course last Sunday that they were putting off at an average right now 165 players a day. He told me one package group of 16 spent darn near $1000 on bar tabs etc. What is funny is when the tourists depart they are begging for local business . And those tourists are cheap SOBs too!! Yeah I said it. A group of 20 yesterday that were a PITA to the bag drop guys only tipped them $6 total. Back about 15 years or so we had several local courses off the beaten Tourist track and all the locals supported them in tourist season. When the touron season was over the big courses gave great rates to encourage local play. Basically they drove out the local orentiated courses. Really golf here has gotten to be a big hassle. Seriously I am thinking about giving up the game out of frustration. I would like to move somewhere like Sixty describes with low rates and no tourist trade. Yesterday we had a 6 hour round due to the tourist idiots and forget marshalling on the course. I know too many rangers and they are told " Try to keep some semblance of order and don't piss off the tourists" I have turned down quite a few bag drop and ranger jobs because I will not put up with their smug and asinine behavior. I would rather drive a truck.

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> Golf in these-here parts:

>

> Probably 7 or 8 courses within 30 minutes of home. Pricing for old farts range from about $35 to $60 to ride. I haven't joined any one of them merely cause I want to play many of them.

>

> The coast is a few hours away where we get into Stu's territory. For those who haven't been to Myrtle Beach, SC, imagine driving for an hour and passing 70 courses. Golf Mecca.

>

> Sixty - Get well soon. Scotee, yet another amazing picture post. Fella, M. State served up a fright but lives to dance another day. Didn't see Villanova taking a powder. As I type Radro's Auburn team is lighting up Kansas - soundly.

>

> I've learned I suck at this points and badges business. Me and Bick are in the nose-bleed seats but enjoying ourselves nonetheless. Have learned "esra" spelled backwards is now on the hit list. So I'm left speechless after leading the league in using that one. Pretty safe bet "#*~k that" is out - lol. And to top it off, I've checked and there's not one single badge given for overuse of dot,dot,dot. Dead man walking here.

>

> But you guys know me. There's always an upside. Why just today I never once caught one single thing in my fly - ever. Confidence on that front was so high, I strolled my "esra" right down Main Street zipping up and down at light speed with the oiliest wrists this side of the Rockies. And that one taught me a fly can be made to shine like new. It also can generate a surprising amount of heat. OK, yea, I was asked by one uniformed officer to hold off until a cloudy day, but I believe a shiny zipper is a happy zipper, rain or shine.

>

> I'm here for you guys. Wrist oil. Fly maintenance. Explaining who invented doughnuts. I got your back.

>

If you read my previous post you will see our "Golf Mecca" is not what it is cracked up to be especially when you live here full time.

• Like 2

@"BIG STU" ; makes me glad that i don't work a course in a tourist area. Our clientele was all local and many of them seniors. Lots of really great folks who often treated us to home made baking and the like.

Your story of the six hour round brought back a memory of the first year I worked at the course about 10 years ago. It was Thanksgiving Monday, which is in October up here and the course was packed all day. There was only myself and the girl in the clubhouse working that day by afternoon. Normally I was done my shift by 12:30 - 1:00 pm, but I was still there at 5:30 with a back log of customers waiting to tee off. The rounds were taking 3 hours plus for nine that day, so I was pairing up any and all groups that I could. Some refused to which I said, go get a refund. Either you play as a foursome or not at all! After pairing up a single with a twosome, a 30 something a**hat muttered something behind my back as I walked away. I stopped and turned around slowly and said: What did you just say?! The response was a sheepish; _nothing_. I guess I had my death stare on at that point.

That was the worst day I ever had at that job and somehow or another I managed to get talked into coming back for another year. It has been smooth sailing ever since for the most part although i have had my run ins especially when I've put groups together and then later find out that they've split up at the first opportunity. There have been a couple of complaints with one saying that he had never been talked to like that before. I didn't curse, but I did say that if he wasn't prepared to do as I told him he needed to find a new course to play.

Perhaps the most interesting day I had was a few years later when I found myself refereeing two groups of 70 something women engaged in a cat fight! It had even got to the point that the following group hit into the leading group. Man there was a lot of screaming and yelling going on!

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

@ Reason: Ok, like a dumb ole country boy that I am close to being, I will bite . Who invented doughnuts.

And,are they materially different than donuts. Which leads to the evermore leading question: How did

the old adage about Cops and donuts get started ? I watched HOFFA, and he always referred to the

"Fat Cats sittin' up there, in their ivory tower, drinking their hot coffee and eatin' their donuts, while

the working man is down here in the rain and the cold. " So,who took the donuts away from the FatCats

and shoved them in front of the poor worn out starving members of Law Enforcement.? Inquiring

minds want to know and are waiting breathless for the Judge's revealing of history !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Oops one too many zeros, 5,000 tourists.??? ???

> I like all your super-special icons tol. Hopefully we'll get a larger choice soon as well.

These are all on my IPad keyboard ???

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

We like chilli, have several plants in the garden and they are extreemly hot, love it.> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > $22 for nine including the cart is a sweet deal in this part of the country, especially for those of us using Canuck bucks!

> > >

> > > The curling club runs a golf league at the course up the road from me and the weekly fee is $22 for nine holes walking. Granted, you get treated to a wind-up BBQ at the end of the season, but it still seems like enough in comparison when I can play that course for $45 for 18 including the cart. The course my men's league plays at charges $24.50 for walking nines which is less relevant to me as long as I get a few shifts in I can play for free. We'll see what the season brings. :yum:

> >

> > Oh, yeah, we do have the 'Chili Open' at the end of the year. The teams are drawn at random from A,B,C and D players in the league or are manufactured from their known abilities. It's all in fun, and it's a scramble. The previous year's winning team gets to stay together. It was for the whole plant, so it's not just a league thing. My team won it 2 years ago, but one of our players went back to Japan so we didn't defend our title and came in 2nd. So some of the ladies at the plant fix stuff like hot dogs, chili, extra hot chili, cake, other typical stuff. I've never had the extra hot chili, but now being retired I've got the rest of... well eternity to recover from the effects of it :#

>

> Extra hot chili!!!!! Right up my alley of course you would expect that from me

Love hot chilli, have several plants in the garden and they are extreemly hot. Most meals have a good helping of them. ??

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)