Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

tolmij said:

I think I finally figured out why my wife is still playing Candy Crush after all these years.  It's addictive collecting these silly badges.  I need one more agree to make five badges in a day!   B)

Problem, I gave you an agree but cannot also give you a like.

Not to worry.  It's all about the points now (I guess) and the badges of course.  It's not clear exactly how you earn them, but the affect is similar to rolling up a bunch of likes in the past.  Now they just give you a choice of reaction.

• Like 1

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Finally the object of my curiosity took flight.  It was big and appeared to be dark on top, but light on the bottom.  It flew over towards one of the silos and landed on the roof, but was soon chased off by something much smaller.  May have been a red wing black bird as those suckers have no fear of anything.  I've seen them go after a Red Tailed Hawk!

I got a hold of my trusty Audubon Field Guide and I think it may have been a Raven as the range matches up as does the call in breeding season.  We'll say that the light underbelly was just my eyes playing tricks on me.  Difficult to really know with certainty as I only caught a brief glimpse of it as it flew back towards the house and then out into the field.

Wow, could have been one of several different types of hawks in your area besides a Red-tailed. You would have all of the following: Swainson's hawk has a lot of white underbelly. So does a Ferruginous hawk. There's also a Sharp-Shinned Hawk, not much bigger than a robin, and a Cooper's Hawk, about the size of a crow. They would have white underbelly's too. The Red-tailed would have a much larger wing span than all of these so it would be much easier to identify.  Sorry if that little class was boring...  :/

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Swainsons_Hawk/id

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Ferruginous_Hawk/id

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Sharp-shinned_Hawk/id

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/coopers_hawk/id

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-tailed_Hawk/id

and no post about raptors would be proper without mentioning a bald eagle :)

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/bald_eagle/id

Thanks for posting all those links.  It had to be something other than a Raven.  It was the call that was so distinctive, but there is no mention of call descriptions in the info that you've linked to.  It was a definite honk, honk and that was what attracted my attention.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Wriggles said:
Site seems much slower.  Typing is slow, likes are slow.

Will check in sometime in the future.

Take care, guys..

I haven't noticed that to be honest.  It's just different.  Give it some time.  We'd hate to see you go.   :'(
  • Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Finally the object of my curiosity took flight.  It was big and appeared to be dark on top, but light on the bottom.  It flew over towards one of the silos and landed on the roof, but was soon chased off by something much smaller.  May have been a red wing black bird as those suckers have no fear of anything.  I've seen them go after a Red Tailed Hawk!

I got a hold of my trusty Audubon Field Guide and I think it may have been a Raven as the range matches up as does the call in breeding season.  We'll say that the light underbelly was just my eyes playing tricks on me.  Difficult to really know with certainty as I only caught a brief glimpse of it as it flew back towards the house and then out into the field.

Wow, could have been one of several different types of hawks in your area besides a Red-tailed. You would have all of the following: Swainson's hawk has a lot of white underbelly. So does a Ferruginous hawk. There's also a Sharp-Shinned Hawk, not much bigger than a robin, and a Cooper's Hawk, about the size of a crow. They would have white underbelly's too. The Red-tailed would have a much larger wing span than all of these so it would be much easier to identify.  Sorry if that little class was boring...  :/

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Swainsons_Hawk/id

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Ferruginous_Hawk/id

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Sharp-shinned_Hawk/id

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/coopers_hawk/id

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-tailed_Hawk/id

and no post about raptors would be proper without mentioning a bald eagle :)

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/bald_eagle/id

Thanks for posting all those links.  It had to be something other than a Raven.  It was the call that was so distinctive, but there is no mention of call descriptions in the info that you've linked to.  It was a definite honk, honk and that was what attracted my attention.

Oh wow, doesn't sound like a hawk then, now I'm thinking '58 Edsel...

Wriggles said:
Site seems much slower.  Typing is slow, likes are slow.

Will check in sometime in the future.

Take care, guys..

Hi Wrigs, we need you, and the future is now. Ok, that was a crummy statement, probably from a movie. The future never waits... Nope, that sounds prepackaged too. Slow as molasses, well that's pretty slow, but that doesn't fit either, another attempt at a chic statement. Not enough players on the field... (that would be without you) "After further review, the call has been reversed, there is no penalty for not enough players, only too many players on the field." Well, that only leaves the care part. 

I think we can grant you some vacation if you need, as we take care of business. However, this is our job, and you are part of the team, so you are very much a part of it, and needed :) So the sooner you are back the better, and a bow tie would definitely fit the bill :)

We have to all be here to take care of business at the Grille, or Grylle as Cyndy would say, plus her favorite reruns are of

My Favoryte Marshen

Grillers 'Takin Care of Business'

• Like 1

I have my sun glasses on.....this has been a busy place ! I thought at first that i would bow out for a week to wait on the changes and then get caught up....then i thought that i might end up so far behind that it would be  unusable...so ....here I is ....it is different....not good or bad..

so far...just different ! Looks like another golf place from long ago...

hate to see Wriggs take a time out,but I can understand ....hope he finds his way back !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Did anybody else bookmark the Grille? I did, then last night we had a birthday party (for me) here at the house, and my phone started lighting up on my emails every time a post was made on the Grille. By the time I got up this morning there were bunches. Didn't know you'd get an email for every post. Do you get an email badge too?  :*
Happy b'day Colombo!  

Wonder if we still get "tooled", or not?   Hmmmmmmmm.

• Like 1

billh17 said:
I have my sun glasses on.....this has been a busy place ! I thought at first that i would bow out for a week to wait on the changes and then get caught up....then i thought that i might end up so far behind that it would be  unusable...so ....here I is ....it is different....not good or bad..

so far...just different ! Looks like another golf place from long ago...

hate to see Wriggs take a time out,but I can understand ....hope he finds his way back !

Sunglasses yes. I've found it to be bright, and I have to believe it will change. Nice to see the home page looking somewhat normal again. I have to believe the white background will be changed, as the older I get, the harder things like the white background are on my eyes to recover from. I do believe the final product will be wonderful. I think Wrigs will be back soon. We just need to make sure the tables are back in the correct spots, and the Grille menu has all the correct food. Gus, Cyndy and Tammy are still here, so that's a plus. The course hasn't changed, so since we're all the same people, I'll pull out a saying I told my brother when I was almost 9 and our parents were getting divorced, quite profound for the 1950's. 'Life is a series of adjusting to changes'. Still holds true today. The only other profound thing I've ever thought of was 'Peter Piper couldn't have picked a peck of pickled peppers, cause they get pickled after they're picked.' However people didn't seem to like having their nursery rhymes messed with by a kid, ha

• Like 1

Guess I'm a little slow on the uptake. Just discovered a click on 'like' or 'agree' isn't always going to stick? Seems one click shows who has already given feedback and it takes a second click to actually give additional recognition? Maybe (not sure) but it now seems if you're the first one to serve up a 'like' it only takes one click butt adding to existing feedback takes a double click??? Heck I don't know what I'm doing or how to do it anymore - lol. Familiarizing myself with all the new gizmos and doo-dads. We'll get there one way or the other. We always do. Just wanted you gents to know I wasn't being stingy. Just ignorant.

Wriggs - Don't make me come and get you. :)

• Like 1

mine does one click to add a like,agree,lol...whatever...but i cannot give a like and a agree or lol...its only one allowed i guess.

Cant let sixty and fella know i liked and thought it was funny !!!

also,are they counting our posts in here? Dont seem to be....cant really tell.3+

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Is the quote button broken? I don't see it now. I also noticed that the likes are reset (I guess that is obvious) but talk about an opportunity to stuff the ballot box. Someone is getting some likes back from page 1 :) That's how I got Tol over the line awhile back in reaching his never to be broken record. So far not TOOLED :)

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Don't know what it means. But this is what it is. (Hovering over Markdown below shows the link.). The linkage tool doodad doesn't seem to be working. Not at all sure what Markdown does for enhancing the Wrx experience. Need a computerese tutorial.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Scotee sez: "Is the quote button broken? I don't see it now. I also noticed that the likes are reset (I guess that is obvious) but talk about an opportunity to stuff the ballot box. Someone is getting some likes back from page 1 :) That's how I got Tol over the line awhile back in reaching his never to be broken record. So far not TOOLED."

Since the quote button is broken. What the ???? You mean we can go back to Page 1, Post 1 and start over?

Ha. Ha. You can. 23.6 K of fresh fodder to dispense likes. Plus, now with the agree and LOL option. This may break the internets. Don't think the WRX computer jockeys anticipated this development. Then that must mean one can go back into another thread (IDK, say Confessions 12. About the time of the great bifurcation.) and throw around some Disagrees and Abuse. Although that may not be the gentlemanly thing to do. >:)

All of a sudden, starting to get paranoid. That we're being watched (by a Mod) and monitored. And will start receiving unwarranted and anonymous "abuse" flags. Better log off and lay low. Posted while wearing shades as to remain incognito.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else has bothered to look but five Grillers are leading the points standings... :blush:

----------------------------------

Had a neighbour drop in who wanted to look at a couple of pieces of equipment which he decided to buy. Why oh why did he have to wait until the shed was like an Irish bog? Now I've got gobs of mud up and down the driveway not to mention a bloody mess in the shed where he was maneuvering his tractor! :confounded:

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut The Great White NorthAdvanced Members Posts: 5,267 ✭✭ 3:16PM

I don't know if anyone else has bothered to look but five Grillers are leading the points standings... :blush:

Not sure where you find that kind of info. Anyway, sorry about your neighbor and the mess. This time of year doesn't help much though. Good thing in the long run is you got rid of some stuff.

• Like 1

Happy birthday Sixty, two major happenings in your life now,retirement and this WRX up and down. Was going to quote you but my quote button has gone somewhere. Probably going to have problems for a while, don’t know why they did not do a test run for a few to start, seen that before on a golf forum and the changeover went really well.

Enjoy your day, stay sober and the Grille will be back to normal soon, us Grillers are a hard to shake bunch.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Now how do you quote someone? I do not see a button for it

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Got 9 in...good ! Not crowded at all..there were only about a dozen of us idiots out there.

Hit some good shots. Ground is softening again due to rain...may not get out for another week.

Sure seem quiet in here. Is everyone just trying to figure things out?

• Like 1

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Sixty. Right side bar. Activity. Leader board on the right.

Did a drive-by of the "Please Add Problems" thread. Whoa. The natives are restless. And unhappy. They're beefing about the loss of features that I didn't now existed. And two camps on the Badges and Likes business. Those that could give a flying ****, and those that are cheez'd they lost all their likes. Those that continue requesting a return to the old system. Which simply isn't going to happen. Thought Easyyy clearly delineated the reasons for the change. More than willing to give them some time to continue the upgrade process. Cannot believe this was an "on the quick"decision. They have to much invested in the growth of this site to not make a clearly assessed decision on a path forward. From a purely financial perspective, clicks mean money. Further, the poobahs would not choose to jeopardize the income flow that this site surely generates buy selecting a system platform that would be inferior to what they had prior. Not a rational business decision.

Would think there were those at the WRX HQ that did not get much sleep for 48 hours as the transition was taking place. Holding there breath. Went through this on a MSU forum site I visit periodically. Was a mess for a couple of months as they got the transition sorted out. And it became an improvement and a more stable operating environment in the long run because of it.

Just noticed. At least they've added some background color. An improvement from the glaring white. Although would have thought a green shade would be more in keeping with the nature of the site. The mobile version is something of a mess though. Slow to load, the drop down menu when you click on your avatar is non-functional. Navigating around is less than a user friendly experience. A step backwards from the prior. But expect it's a WIP as well.

Seriously. Where else am I going to go to get my golf and idle chatter fix than in Wrx'ville. My take on what has occurred this week.

• Like 2

Stu. The quote button was hear initially, then disappeared. Obviously a glitch. Confident they're aware, as its been reported to the authorities. Until it returns, we're "redneck' improvising.

Hope they eventually add back the "who's in the house" at the bottom of a page. Like to know the audience that I'm playing to.

• Like 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)