Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @billh17 said:

> it is even on the evening news now. Had a segment on the K bears getting killed, and the lady who saved one ...

> Terrible situation. You and yours take care and stay safe !

I saw that clip on the TV last night. I cringed when they said that she poured water on the bear as that would literally peel the burnt hide off the poor thing. Still, I supposed that's the natural reaction. I give her credit for risking her own safety to go out there and gather the poor creature up and ferry it to safety.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Curled yesterday afternoon in the Tuesday Senior Men's League as a spare. It ended up that I played for the opposite team as they were two players short and the squad that I was supposed to play for was full. I finally felt comfortable out there and made some quality shots. It was a good day and we all gathered after the game for a pint. Life is good!

Perhaps the best thing about the day is that I feel pretty good this morning. I'm really beginning to wonder if I react to the flu shot. I had mine a week ago yesterday and have felt sore and achy pretty much ever since. Today has been the best morning I've had in the past week.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Conrad1953 said:

> This is the course nearest to me; 22 miles as I said before. I'm still weighing the options.

> https://stillwatersgolf.com/

Nice looking spot @Conrad1953 . You sound a bit like me in that there's nothing close at hand. It sounds as though most guys I've run across play at either [Rockway Glen](http://rockway.net/ "Rockway Glen") or [sawMill Creek](https://www.sawmillgolf.com/ "SawMill Creek"). both of which are about 25 minutes or so drive. I've never played either one, but been by both many times.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > it is even on the evening news now. Had a segment on the K bears getting killed, and the lady who saved one ...

> > Terrible situation. You and yours take care and stay safe !

>

> One hospital that caters only for them was destroyed killing around 150.

Thanks for that info. The only news I had seen on it was actually giving folks the idea that the ones killed were in the wild, nothing

was mentioned about a care center burning ...again, stay safe my friend.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @tolmij said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > https://stillwatersgolf.com/

> >

> > The menu looks good too. Cyndy has been wanting Gus to make Hollow Peenyo Popperds, and Fysh Toccos for a long tyme. He does make Fysh Stycks wyth Tocco Chyps, but that's not the same. (he calls them 'filets on trays')

>

> You should start your own comedy show. ???

Thanks, actually I just report this stuff as it happens however. Like the "Filets on Trays', Tammy tells me that she's had quite a time with Gus keeping that off the menu, on account that a customer heard that ordered once, and asked her for the 'Filet Entree'. They wanted to know what came with the entree, and she said it was not an entree per se, it was fish sticks on taco chips. So they said "No way, I want the Filet Entree, not fish sticks and dip chips". So you can see I have very little to do except just listen to what happens at the Grille and give feedback on the humorous portions...

By the way, Cyndy might ask you if there really is a new car called the 'S' car that is solar powered. She's just unknowingly being teased by Gus. This weekend he will be baking some escargot for the first time. Anyway he asked Cyndy if she had ever seen an 'Escargot?'. She's asking around cause she's never seen one and doesn't want to appear dumb if it's sunny, and Gus drives it to work. She thinks it's a good idea though, because right now, most of the sunshine is hogged up by Floryda and Calyfornya, and so getting one of these would help attract sunlight more to other places.

• Like 2

Nice courses. I noticed Saw Mill does not allow solo rounds. Must be a busy place. Whenever

I've gone out solo at a course I expected to be paired up......but there were many times when I

played on the road and no one else was around and I went out solo, normally in the afternoon.

I've even played a few solo rounds at the RTJ Capitol hill on a hot afternoon. I don't see why a

course would outright ban solo rounds, even when play is very light and few golfers are out

on the course.

• Like 1

Glad to hear some of you are still at least thinking golf. It always amazes me how much we seem to have in common here in the Grille. I am lucky to have the course where I mostly play only 5 min. away. Annual fee is just under $800 and I pay another $150 for a yearly trail fee for my cart. It is not a first class CC but we have a lot of fun trading quarters in our 2 or 3 times a week skins games. I play some nicer courses when visiting family in Portland, Seattle and Arizona. We are driving down to Az. tomorrow for 21/2 weeks for Thanksgiving and a family reunion. I am taking the sticks and hope to get in 3 or 4 rounds. Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

From all accounts of talking to a couple of guys who play SawMill regularly, it is extremely busy. There was a course up near the farm that I would play on occasion called Chippewa Creek and it was crazy busy too all the time. The $45 senior rate for 18 with a cart will do that. Compare that to the $35.99 that the course I work at charges for a riding 9!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Anyone else notice some changes here? We've got a selection of emojis to chose from now rather than those sad mark-up language choices from before. My Gawd, how long has this roll-out been going on? March?

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yes scotee, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, and to everyone else here at the Grille. It's still amazing to me how fast this entire year has flown by. I did get a call earlier this week about my house generator. There was a cancellation in their schedule for tomorrow as my date was still a couple of weeks out. Anyway, they asked me if I was interested in taking tomorrow's date instead. Of course I said yes, ah the beauty of being retired, you can be available for pretty much anything. Of course I don't have to do anything but be here to let people in, but hey, it's my job now

• Like 2

Don’t use the emojis on the site, I have hundreds on my IPad keyboard

EG

??????☃️???????‍♀️?‍♂️??‍♀️??????????☪️????????????????

a very small selection

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Good to hear you are well in the road back, been painting mostly at present trying to finish one as a Christmas present, over half way now, only have the most difficult bit to do. Will have to start finishing some soon I now have 8 Paintings in varying stages.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Thanks. It has been a long road back. Beyond long actually as it has been filled with false starts and ups and downs, but the trend has definitely been positive.

I picked up a case of wine today when I was out doing the ~weekly~ daily shop and after I had brought it home thought that was the first full case of wine that I had handled in probably two years. I know that I handled heavier stuff when we moved, but this was the first time I carted something around with a bit of weight to it that I didn't think about how I was going to do it first.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

A case of wine, now that’s my sort of drink, we are running short at the moment, have to put in another order soon.we have a wine store, $15 for a two hour delivery, or free for a two day delivery, suppose it depends how stressed you are

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

@scotee. Happy Thanksgiving you as well. Safe travels and enjoy your time on the links.@scomac2002. Great to read that you've been experiencing meaningful improvement with your back condition. At least good enough to lug around cases of wine. And reengage with your curling competitions. Important stuff.
This typing lag sure is annoying this a.m. The cursor keeps wanting jump to other areas of the text box. Backspacing takes out half of what I just typed. Now see something about an "enhanced editor" To early in the morning to read the tutorial. Does seem to be auto-correcting more than before. The "Pros from Dover" keep fiddling around with this site upgrade. When will they get it squared away once and for all?@Conrad1953. Hope you have a great day today playing at golf. It's been awhile. And look forward to reading a recap of your adventures.
Enjoyed reading about everyone's choice of courses they play. Or considering playing. I've viewed every link provided to check them out. Mentally contemplated what it may be like to hit a golf ball(s) around on them. Like most here, we likely enjoy playing different tracts periodically. Playing the same course every time out becomes to redundant. Sure, we have our favorite ones that are played with regularity, but rarely successively. We rotate between six different ones.
And I'm reminded of how fortunate we are to have so many public courses nearby to choose from. Couldn't begin to count the number within a half hour drive from the house. Rarely do we pay more than $30 for 18 with cart, senior rate during the week. And can usually get around in under 4 hours. Amongst the senior set that know how to play quickly. The buds start beefing if we get much beyond that amount, using the fixed income argument. Still hearing about the $49 we payed (normally $75) to play a higher end course this summer. Not surprising that the main "beefers" didn't play particularly well on the day. Given the selection, preference for changing things up, and the during the week rates, find little value in paying for a yearly membership to play at a singular course. I like to spread my hackinesss around.
  • Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

First let me start off by wishing all my American friends a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the turkey and football. I know that I will be enjoying my football come Sunday with the 107th Grey Cup game.

Not so sanguine on the comfort front this morning as my shoulders are barking something awful! Must have slept in a funny position, so it's Vitamin A to the rescue...

Not sure about the improved editor either as I can't find the features that allow for bolding, italicizing or underlining.

Things are really backwards this fall in that now with the snow mostly gone we're faced with a mountain of soggy leaves to deal with! Not fun. I hope that the sun comes out and dries things off for a couple of days to ease the gathering.

With Black Friday and Cyber Monday fast approaching I've been perusing the various online bribes to part with one's dollars. My store credit at Golfavenue is burning a hole in my pocket as various items are testing my resolve with their daily flash deal and other promotions. Lots of NOS still in plastic, but most aren't at fire-sale prices just yet. I have been informed that a Christmas tree of the artificial variety is of first priority. (I have long lobbied for one what with the current price of real trees and now that I have agreement I'm finding it hard to commit. They just aren't realistic and the price is ridiculous!)

Going to the One-of-a-Kind Craft Show tomorrow in Niagara Falls in search of unique Christmas gifts. Unique being synonymous with $$$$! We did find an artist a couple of years ago that does minimalist ink sketches that DW has commissioned to do a few different pieces for the kids. Did the pottery show in Dundas a couple of weeks back and got the first of the Christmas shopping out of the way there with a garlic pot and a unique serving tray. Which reminds me, I need to get down to the outlet mall to pick up DW's birthday gift before we head out west. It's going to be a busy week next week!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

@Fellaheen51 :
I'm with you on playing the same one over and over becomes less interesting. The problem here is after the one close to home, the next one is 45 minutes away, and thats at 4lane highway speed ! Still, during the warmer times of the year, i will make the trek once a week to one of 4/5 that are available to play. Love playing them, but after 18, that drive of an hour to get home seems to take forever ! None of the regular group complain too much about the pricing , but we do notice it if we travel
closer to a big city ! If I had to put up with the price, the overcrowding,the arrogance of operators and golfers, the rudeness and lack of manners that are visible during some of the trips ,i do believe i would go back to fishing and forget about golf. LOL, always reminds me of my favorite quote in the movie Lonesome Dove..." I hate rude behavior in a man, Wont tolerate it." A bunch of folks under 40 need to go back to manners school !
Thats it from me this morning. I WILL be on the course this afternoon. May be the last for a while. The forecast for the next 30 days doesn't offer much hope !
My wishes to all of you guys for a Happy,peaceful,family time this Thanksgiving.
  • Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

@billh17 I loved Lonesome Dove! I remember watching the mini-series with great interest so many years ago. I've never seen it since. I think that I would be willing to part with several dollars to get a copy in Blue-Ray/DVD.
I agree with you on the manners front also. Being a farmer I can cuss with the best of them, but I have to say that the proliferation of foul language in daily discourse is pretty darned disgusting! The F word getting used as verb, adverb, noun and adjective all in the same sentence for what purpose I'm not sure. A curse word was meant for emphasis not as a manner of speaking to describe every little thing. Half the time I don't even know what folks are saying between street slang and vulgar vocabulary.
  • Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

@billh17: I here 'ya on the excessive hubris that one occasionally runs in to. Seemingly the more one pays for a round of golf, the more I experience the "my shizzle is not odoriferous" attitude. I don't quite know why that's the case. Never at the rotational courses that we play during the week. The folks at the pro shops, often retirees, are friendly. Same for starters and marshals. We are known faces that likely helps. The folks playing during the morning are not unlike ourselves. Just a bunch of guys (and gals) looking to play a round of golf at the local public courses. And have a good time in the so doing. Most of the groups settle in to the pace of the day after a couple of holes. And we seemingly always get around in 3:30 - 4:00 hours. Which is an enjoyable "not to fast not to slow" pace for us. Waiting constantly is an infrequent occurrence.
But I'm with you. If I had to put up with golf B.S. with regularity, I wouldn't. For 20+ years, my only outdoor recreational activity was fishing. Never played golf. Didn't even own a set of clubs. Still have the various rod and reel combinations, tackle boxes and lures, etc. though. Still enjoy wetting a line a few times per year. And would have no problem saying to heck with golf. Not worthy of my time. Fish have no pretense.
Note: I don't like not being able to view the entire post that I'm quoting (it's not opening to full display with the down arrow). Like to fully see, as a reference, while composing a response. What knucklehead thought this partial business is somehow "better". Man, this site really annoys me all to often these days.
  • Like 2

@scotee. Happy Thanksgiving you as well. Safe travels and enjoy your time on the links.@scomac2002. Great to read that you've been experiencing meaningful improvement with your back condition. At least good enough to lug around cases of wine. And reengage with your curling competitions. Important stuff.
This typing lag sure is annoying this a.m. The cursor keeps wanting jump to other areas of the text box. Backspacing takes out half of what I just typed. Now see something about an "enhanced editor" To early in the morning to read the tutorial. Does seem to be auto-correcting more than before. The "Pros from Dover" keep fiddling around with this site upgrade. When will they get it squared away once and for all?
Yes this is happening to me, along with not being able to quote and post with comments correctly as seen with this quote and comment. But my cursor jumps all around now, all over the place, if I didn't go back to correct it, it seems like what I just posted would look like this:@scotee. Happy Thanksgiving you as well. Safe travels and enjoy your time on the links. cursor jumps cursor jumps bip@scomac2002. Great to read that you've been experiencing meaningful improvement with your back condition. At least good enough to lug around cases of wine. And reengage with your curling competitions. Important stuff. sl....???;look lloooook able not able not,,,,
This typing lag sure is annoying this a.m. me, The cursor keeps wanting jump to other areas of the text box. post with comments post with xcomments Backspacing takes out half of what I just typed. Now see something about an "enhanced editor" salong salong sloogdip To early in the morning to read the tutorial. Does seem to be auto-correcting more than before. The "Pros from Dover" keep fiddling around with this site upgrade. When will they get it squared away once and for all?
Yes this is happening happening happening to me, along with with with not being able to quote and post with comments correctly as as seen with this quote and comment. But my cursor jumps all around now, all over the place, if I I I,, didn't go back to correct it, ,, I thought it was just my computer, or the fact that I'm drinking just a little more cofuu>> now thaty I"m retroed...&
  • Like 2

@ Fella: I ran a Ranger Sport for a lot of years, always a 115 Johnson. Bass and Musky. Before he passed, the most fun was taking my dad in the boat,using minnows for bait, and drift lining on the Ohio River for cats. Had a couple bends with drop offs and we would start a mile above them, and let the current move us..bouncing the lead off the bottom. He caught his biggest cat of his life doing that. Great times.

We love Santee in S. Carolina, golf, and the lakes are well known for bass and blues, and Stripers. The fishing was what drew us there and then in 02 we got back into golf..

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

As with all things the behaviour problem will turn around, not for a while yet though. Have to agree the manners of today’s youth requires a major correction, I can remember in the UK the police would give you a kick up the backside or a smack round the head, you would never talk back to them and if you complained to your parents you would get another of the same. Those were the days, bring them back.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

We have a neighbour who likes to do the whole drive in one go, usually around a 14-16 hour drive, not for me.

happy thanksgiving to all my American friends, not something we celebrate over here, well not at present although if things go as normal, the excuse for a holiday will eventually catch up..?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

For what it’s worth,I reported the typing lag. Typed 32 words earlier and counted 15 seconds before the script came up. This is absolutely stupid and will lose more members than all the other problems combined.???????????????????

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Sitting here this morning, checking in on the overnights. Lagging away. Briefed through the "New Editor" tutorial. At least figured out how to format text. Apparently cannot change font size or type. Per the tutorial, embedding a quote should allow one to expand and collapse the observable content, plus edit the quote, but I'll be dipped trying to make it work. (Rereading, not sure if we can or cannot edit a quote for brevity to the specifics.) Perusing the Help Desk for comments, many are mentioning the lag problem. And get a sense from the administrator of "Problem? What problem?"

ARRRGHHH! To dam(n) early in the morning trying to make this shizzle work. Eight months into this site upgrade and we are required to relearn how we interact when posting our commentary is utter nonsense. And still lagging away. Progress?????

• Like 2

Since one cannot embed a full view quote anymore.@billh17. I ran a Ranger Sport for a lot of years, always a 115 Johnson. Bass and Musky. Before he passed, the most fun was taking my dad in the boat,using minnows for bait, and drift lining on the Ohio River for cats. Had a couple bends with drop offs and we would start a mile above them, and let the current move us..bouncing the lead off the bottom. He caught his biggest cat of his life doing that. Great times.
We love Santee in S. Carolina, golf, and the lakes are well known for bass and blues, and Stripers. The fishing was what drew us there and then in 02 we got back into golf.

The bottom bouncing technique you used for cats is very similar to how I fished for walleyes. Use of lead weight to get the bait down on the bottom. Used both crawler harnesses or a Lindy Rig baited with leeches. Drifting with the wind if on a lake. With the current if on a river. And did a fair amount of trolling if we were on unfamiliar waters and thought the fish were suspended. We were no Babe Winkleman's, had to try and figure out where the fish were located on the fly. Having a LCD graph and and a lake map helped with determining possible locations though.
Use to fish the St. Clair River a lot, really good walleye fishery. You'd lose a lot of rigs because of bottom snags, but that's where the fish were at. Drifting with the current downstream a mile or so, motor back up and repeat. Dodging the freighters. Sit back and relax. Sip a cold one. Catch fish (Most of the time, but not always. That's how it works). On a nice summer day. Indeed, great times.
Had a 16' Alumacraft with 25 hp Evinrude, Minn Kota electric. Easy to tow and launch, a great fishing boat. Then got bigger boatitis. Moving to a 20' Sylvan with 100 hp Merc. Set it up for Great Lakes fishing with down riggers, planner boards, etc. And never caught that many fish. Fooling around with the apparatus too much. Not as drift maneuverable as the smaller boat with the electric. Should never have sold that 16 footer.

• Like 2

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)