Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

We are now into spring, which should be good golfing weather, however this week it has rained heavier than our normal summer rain. I was hoping to get a game on Friday but the course was saturated, flippers and snorkel would have been the clothing of choice.

Plan number two was to hit a few balls in my net at home, I can normally get away with it under the shed awning, rain decided to bring its friend the wind with it and was blowing horizontal into my hitting area.

There is always next week :(

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

WRX has cost me a lot of money. I was just thinking about the clubs I was

playing when I first joined. I wish I was still playing with them now. I might

as well have thrown $10K in the fireplace.

You and me both brother! You and me both. :fool:

Of course now I just waste my money on classic clubs rather than the new stuff. :rolleyes:

Next project I'm toying with is being an early adopter Nike club collector. It's going to be an emerging tend! :smilie_nike:

What you have to do is keep the classic club collections quiet, if too many have the same idea they will suddenly become more expensive than new clubs, as is the case now with classic cars. The few I have I am hiding waiting for the day to come. Problem is at my age there ain't too many left.

Actually you are correct--- Back in the mid to late 70s one of the golf rags ran a story about yard sale finds and hidden gems. At the time I was supplimenting my golf habits by buying clubs cheap at yard sales and reselling them. Did pretty well until the article came out. Everyone started scrounging yard sales for old used clubs and reselling them.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Did a trade today came out well got a 3 wood that is literally a rocket launcher. traded a 48 and 50 Cleveland wedges (conforming) for an Adams 15* 3 wood I guess it is. It is a new one with the slot in the top. It even came with a real leather head cover. Used it today and it rocks trust me. have played two money matches in 2 days. Literally killing the driver have only missed 2 fairways in 2 days. One of those today was a nasty snap hook. My ball striking is off with the irons though and my wedge play aint too good either. Putting is hit and miss putted good yesterday and rolled the ball good today but could not get anything for birdie to drop. had several 4 man team bets and quite a few 2 man team bets. Have scrambled my butt off for 2 days and somehow ended up even on the money. Man my ball striking with the irons is off bad and with the old Macs you gotta be dead spot on. Since I do not practice and play much any more my buddy the Miura dealer suggested I drag my forged CB Infiniti irons back out. I hate to think so but I did get them out of the closet. I may go back to forged CBs for money matches and play blades just knocking around and playing vintage golf. I think I am so aggrevated with my iron play that it is transferring down to the wedges some. I am playing my home course with my wife tomorrow after church and I have the CBs in the bag so I will see. Footnote: One of my partners on 3 matches shot under his age again for the upteenth time. He is 72 and shot 69 from the senior tees with 3 yes 3 3 putts. Luckily I woke up long enough to make par on those 3 holes. He helped save my bacon. 2 of those pars I scrambled my butt off on one being the nasty snap hook hole. We will see

Hey Gang!

Catching up. Pleasure to tip the cap your way Scomac! Please believe nothing fellas here say about me. There was that one undeniable ax murder thing I can't deny. But it only happened that one time. The other guy said something about my Prius and I had to do it! :not_i:

On a completely different topic - Was sitting here trying to come up with a great brag post. Is it a bad sign if you can't brag about much?

Let's try this. Please allow me to fabricate a brag in absence of actually having one.

This week I had several holes in one. The only one worth actually bragging about was on a par 5. Man, I really caught that big stick on the screws.

Oh - and there was that burning building I took care of. And let's not forget that little invention I came up with that turns barber shop hair clippings into gold. What a day Thursday was. Had to (once again) prevent a banjo player from hitting a lethal chord. That one saved the whole town who were all gathered for our annual Calligraphers On Ice show.

What a week! Phew!

Anybody want to buy a bridge? Some primo swamp land? Can I interest anyone in a barely used ax? A blood soaked calligraphy pen?

Anyone?

Did a trade today came out well got a 3 wood that is literally a rocket launcher. traded a 48 and 50 Cleveland wedges (conforming) for an Adams 15* 3 wood I guess it is. It is a new one with the slot in the top. It even came with a real leather head cover. Used it today and it rocks trust me. have played two money matches in 2 days. Literally killing the driver have only missed 2 fairways in 2 days. One of those today was a nasty snap hook. My ball striking is off with the irons though and my wedge play aint too good either. Putting is hit and miss putted good yesterday and rolled the ball good today but could not get anything for birdie to drop. had several 4 man team bets and quite a few 2 man team bets. Have scrambled my butt off for 2 days and somehow ended up even on the money. Man my ball striking with the irons is off bad and with the old Macs you gotta be dead spot on. Since I do not practice and play much any more my buddy the Miura dealer suggested I drag my forged CB Infiniti irons back out. I hate to think so but I did get them out of the closet. I may go back to forged CBs for money matches and play blades just knocking around and playing vintage golf. I think I am so aggrevated with my iron play that it is transferring down to the wedges some. I am playing my home course with my wife tomorrow after church and I have the CBs in the bag so I will see. Footnote: One of my partners on 3 matches shot under his age again for the upteenth time. He is 72 and shot 69 from the senior tees with 3 yes 3 3 putts. Luckily I woke up long enough to make par on those 3 holes. He helped save my bacon. 2 of those pars I scrambled my butt off on one being the nasty snap hook hole. We will see

You be good to the big fella at church and he may just give you a break on the golf course :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Hey Gang!

Catching up. Pleasure to tip the cap your way Scomac! Please believe nothing fellas here say about me. There was that one undeniable ax murder thing I can't deny. But it only happened that one time. The other guy said something about my Prius and I had to do it! :not_i:

On a completely different topic - Was sitting here trying to come up with a great brag post. Is it a bad sign if you can't brag about much?

Let's try this. Please allow me to fabricate a brag in absence of actually having one.

This week I had several holes in one. The only one worth actually bragging about was on a par 5. Man, I really caught that big stick on the screws.

Oh - and there was that burning building I took care of. And let's not forget that little invention I came up with that turns barber shop hair clippings into gold. What a day Thursday was. Had to (once again) prevent a banjo player from hitting a lethal chord. That one saved the whole town who were all gathered for our annual Calligraphers On Ice show.

What a week! Phew!

Anybody want to buy a bridge? Some primo swamp land? Can I interest anyone in a barely used ax? A blood soaked calligraphy pen?

Anyone?

Sounds good to me, my hole in one though was a newly created par 6, they did it just for me. That and zero to 200ks in 4 seconds in my wife's car. Don't let her know about that one as it could get nasty. :lol:

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

A while ago, we had an interesting conversation in the grille over coffee about socks. Recently I decided to purchase some new ones, there were none suitable in store so we went on line. The problem of spare socks or, missing socks is now fixed. Target in Australia sell them in packets of five.

The inscriuitabe human mind strikes again.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Hey Gang!

What a week! Phew!

Anyone?

A Condor, impressive. You are in very select company. Witnessed? Hope so, you may get a plaque or something. According to the internets, the longest "straight" HIO (no fair cutting a dogleg) was 517 yards by a Mike Crean in 2002, at altitude in Denver.

Actuaries have calculated that the odds for a HIO for the average schmuck is 12,500/1. Therefore, playing your favorite, short Par 3 that many times ought to do it.

Earl Dietering of Memphis, 78 years old at the time, made two HIO during a round.

That's nothing compared to the heroic feat accomplished by Kim Jong-il. The late North Korean Supreme Leader. During his very first attempt at playing golf, recorded an astounding five, count 'em five, holes-in-one. As reported by North Korean news sources.

I had a HIO once. Under the lights at a local Par 3 a number of us kids use to horse around at, way back in the day. Think it was like 150 yards or something near as I can remember from a half century ago. Does that count? It was witnessed. Not knowing the proper protocols, I bought them nothing.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Hey Gang!

What a week! Phew!

Anyone?

A Condor, impressive. You are in very select company. Witnessed? Hope so, you may get a plaque or something. According to the internets, the longest "straight" HIO (no fair cutting a dogleg) was 517 yards by a Mike Crean in 2002, at altitude in Denver.

Actuaries have calculated that the odds for a HIO for the average schmuck is 12,500/1. Therefore, playing your favorite, short Par 3 that many times ought to do it.

Earl Dietering of Memphis, 78 years old at the time, made two HIO during a round.

That's nothing compared to the heroic feat accomplished by Kim Jong-il. The late North Korean Supreme Leader. During his very first attempt at playing golf, recorded an astounding five, count 'em five, holes-in-one. As reported by North Korean news sources.

I had a HIO once. Under the lights at a local Par 3 a number of us kids use to horse around at, way back in the day. Think it was like 150 yards or something near as I can remember from a half century ago. Does that count? It was witnessed. Not knowing the proper protocols, I bought them nothing.

A hole in one, is a hole in one. No mater where or when. No matter how old. No matter what the circumstances. OGA rules state a hole in one is ALWAYS recognised.

Congratulation on your achievement, we are proud of you. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Hey Gang!

What a week! Phew!

Anyone?

On the axe, I thought it hadn't been released yet by the 'authorities'? If so, how much? and do you take PayPal?

Hey Gang!

What a week! Phew!

Anyone?

A hole in one, is a hole in one. No mater where or when. No matter how old. No matter what the circumstances. OGA rules state a hole in one is ALWAYS recognised.

TY. TYVM. (Voiced with my best Elvis impersonation.)

Hey Gang!

What a week! Phew!

Anyone?

You would be correct sir--- You are now our head Rules Official--- When we do the OGA golf outing your cart will have the "Rules Official" sign on it in big letters just like the PGA Tour guys--- But different from them you will be a playing official sorta like a playing vice captain in the Ryder Cup

Hey Gang!

What a week! Phew!

Anyone?

On the axe, I thought it hadn't been released yet by the 'authorities'? If so, how much? and do you take PayPal?

Is it a "Tour Issue" ax with the correct shaft band on it? What grip does it have?

Hey Gang!

What a week! Phew!

Anyone?

You would be correct sir--- You are now our head Rules Official--- When we do the OGA golf outing your cart will have the "Rules Official" sign on it in big letters just like the PGA Tour guys--- But different from them you will be a playing official sorta like a playing vice captain in the Ryder Cup

Wow, how can I ever live up to this. The honour is mine, to be recognised amongst such distinguished company.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

A painting by my son for the grille wall. This is a portraite of our very much loved Doberman who died 4 years ago. This beautifull animal was the most gentle dog you could have, but lord help anyone that threatened the family.

We were dubious when we first had him because of the reputation but we treated him with love and it was returned.

RIP Gussie.

https://imgur.com/a/juCCL

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Speaking of HIO's; I played in a charity scramble yesterday and witnessed a HIO adjacent to our final hole. Well I didn't really witness it as our view was obscured by trees, but based on the hullabaloo was able to quickly deduce what had happened.

Following the meal the perpetrator was recognized. They went on to calculate that after 8 editions of said tournament, 125 golfers per tournament and 4 attempts per round, it had taken 4000 shots to register the first tournament ace! It would appear based on Fella's research that our group has somewhat great efficiency at performing the feat than average, but I will require the Rules Official to rule on this based on the fact that number 2 son has had two aces before he got his drivers licence. Mind you that was a long time ago...

Perhaps all this signifies is another example of creative scoring because I have no idea how in God's green earth the winning team managed a -13 hitting all day into a 40 knot gale! Even the putts were moving right to left!

You know that you're beat down when it takes two shots to make it to the men's longest drive and then someone has the audacity to exclaim that a woman drove it past the men's marker from the forward tee! Yes I know, I'll have some cheese with my whine... :blush:

One final question: what is the OGA policy regarding the purchase of drinks when a HIO is recorded? There was some mention of drinks for the house, but I never saw anything come our way not that it was really needed at that point, besides I'm more of a G&T guy than a beer guy.

Despite our lack of talent and luck on the course we did manage to make up for it when it came time for the raffle/draw prizes. Our table of 8 senior hackers managed the bag of 100 balls, 50/50 draw, closest to the sock(?), two other sundry items and were the first table chosen for the door prize table. As this was a charity for Kenyan schools we made a bee line to the table of art work that the organizers had brought back from Africa. I scored a very nice hand painted wooden serving piece. :good:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

A painting by my son for the grille wall. This is a portraite of our very much loved Doberman who died 4 years ago. This beautifull animal was the most gentle dog you could have, but lord help anyone that threatened the family.

We were dubious when we first had him because of the reputation but we treated him with love and it was returned.

RIP Gussie.

:good: :good:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

...........Perhaps all this signifies is another example of creative scoring because I have no idea how in God's green earth the winning team managed a -13 hitting all day into a 40 knot gale! Even the putts were moving right to left!

You know that you're beat down when it takes two shots to make it to the men's longest drive and then someone has the audacity to exclaim that a woman drove it past the men's marker from the forward tee! Yes I know, I'll have some cheese with my whine... :blush:

Scrambles and creative scoring go hand-in-hand I do believe. Brings to mind a similar circumstance from a couple of falls ago. Benefit scramble, late September, a rather raw and blustery day. The "Usual Suspects" and I were sorta mucking it around in the conditions. We don't have high expectations in such events, there just for the fun of it all. Anyway, we finished -2 IIRC. Middle of the pack. Most of the better scores on the day, were in the -7 (+/-) range. Then this one team comes in at -14!!!!!!

They were the group right in front of us. We were watching and waiting on them, for good portions of the round. They were OK sticks, but nothing that I would call extraordinary. Noticed that on occasion, they were playing shots that were well off the beaten path. And very few instances of demonstrable reactions that is typically the case when the "team" makes a birdie. Compared to the mean score of the day, the conditions, how we viewed them as playing, we called boolah on their posted score. You know when a team is playing well, and these guys weren't coming close to playing well enough for a -14.

One of the buds mentioned this to one of the organizers of the event. But was given just a shrug of the shoulders and "What do you want me to do?" response. I understand that. Evidently not many knew these individuals, so difficult to question their veracity. Again, not that big a deal. It wasn't like there was big money or a plethora of fabulous prizes to be won.

But if its that important to win, at all costs, then have at it. Don't let any guilt sully your conscience.

In scrambles, always have high hopes before the start. Attempt to play as well as possible, at least for the first nine. But after a point, and the "pressure", it starts slipping away. Come to the cruel realization that today isn't going to be the one. That we're just hacks in a playa's world. We then say to hell with it, relax, and start drinking beers.

Scrambles and creative scoring go hand-in-hand I do believe. Brings to mind a similar circumstance from a couple of falls ago. Benefit scramble, late September, a rather raw and blustery day. The "Usual Suspects" and I were sorta mucking it around in the conditions. We don't have high expectations in such events, there just for the fun of it all. Anyway, we finished -2 IIRC. Middle of the pack. Most of the better scores on the day, were in the -7 (+/-) range. Then this one team comes in at -14!!!!!!

When the winning team went up to claim their prizes this one surly looking lad in his 30's sporting three days growth and a gangsta cap on backwards announces that this is the forth consecutive time that they have won the event! I turned to the fellow beside me and said: "You think they'd be getting bored by now! Might be time to look for a stiffer challenge!"

I'll let you draw your own conclusions... :rolleyes:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hey Gang!

What a week! Phew!

Anyone?

Wow, how can I ever live up to this. The honour is mine, to be recognised amongst such distinguished company.

Good for you.... now the way you live up to it (quite unlike other golf associations) is when you are called to make a ruling and you walk up to the situation, you take a gander, then you look up and say something like "I'll tell you right now, that ain't no good" or... "Just put it over there, and hit it again, everybody got it?"... or "I'm good with it, so that's that, and I'm gonna have a beer"... or "Looky here, and listen, cause I'm only gonna say this once, accident or not, you frickin moved the ball, so throw it off the green, and do it again, and as for everybody else, just lighten up".... ahem, so... see how easy it is? No video reversals later, no whiners, no call-ins from lay-z-boy arm chair referees, you are the man :superman:

that is the only way, let's get on with the game. Make a determination based on common sense or not, shut the stuff up, take your next shot. Procrastination means the beer is getting warm.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Speaking of HIO's; I played in a charity scramble yesterday and witnessed a HIO adjacent to our final hole. Well I didn't really witness it as our view was obscured by trees, but based on the hullabaloo was able to quickly deduce what had happened.

Following the meal the perpetrator was recognized. They went on to calculate that after 8 editions of said tournament, 125 golfers per tournament and 4 attempts per round, it had taken 4000 shots to register the first tournament ace! It would appear based on Fella's research that our group has somewhat great efficiency at performing the feat than average, but I will require the Rules Official to rule on this based on the fact that number 2 son has had two aces before he got his drivers licence. Mind you that was a long time ago...

Perhaps all this signifies is another example of creative scoring because I have no idea how in God's green earth the winning team managed a -13 hitting all day into a 40 knot gale! Even the putts were moving right to left!

One final question: what is the OGA policy regarding the purchase of drinks when a HIO is recorded? There was some mention of drinks for the house, but I never saw anything come our way not that it was really needed at that point, besides I'm more of a G&T guy than a beer guy.

Despite our lack of talent and luck on the course we did manage to make up for it when it came time for the raffle/draw prizes. Our table of 8 senior hackers managed the bag of 100 balls, 50/50 draw, closest to the sock(?), two other sundry items and were the first table chosen for the door prize table. As this was a charity for Kenyan schools we made a bee line to the table of art work that the organizers had brought back from Africa. I scored a very nice hand painted wooden serving piece. :good:

Hole in one drinks rule, not all clubs do a house policy as some houses are very large and it would require a small loan. However, if you wittnessed or heard the noise associated with the hole in one, you should be part of the celebration. Being on the adjacent hole would mean an automatic need to celebrate with the lucky golfer.

Another point to consider, as all golfers yearn for the elusive HIO it will happen for many during their golfing life, a small amount should be saved each week so in the event of it happening the house rule can be used.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Michael, I was just reading about the JPX900 forged. It's time for you to have an affair.

Those are some SWEET irons. :idhitit:

I seen 'em. They're sweet looking. They'd have to be pretty special to get me to get these 800s out of the bag.

You're too wise for WRX. Aha, I just created our new motto. Too wise for WRX

.......yet we're here anyway.

....new motto theme song then... Grillester Golden Club Surprise

Well I tried to post on Sunday, but I had to go and rest

Then I set my sights on Monday and then I got it off my chest

I ain't ready for the ball yet, but I do arrange tee times

With a new club who's a real goodfriend of mine

Well, I keep on thinkin' 'bout you, Grillster Golden Club Surprise

And I just can't live without you; can't you see it in my eyes?

I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too wise for WRX

But it doesn't mean I ain't been one who lurks...

Will you meet me in a booth, or will you meet me in a chair?

Will you like me just a little, just enough to show me that you care?

Well I tried to post it, so Gus will roast it, then we can toast it..

Now I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too wise for WRX

Well I tried to post it, so Gus will roast it, then we can toast it...

Doo wop doo wop

Bravo!

Nobody does it better

Makes me feel sad...... for the rest

Nobody does it......quite the way you do

Baby baby babe.......Oooohhhh baby.....you're the best! :D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

No ear plugs, but I discovered quite by accident that a healthy helping of lead tape really deadens the sound. You wouldn't even know I was hitting one!

Haha, that's good. don't want to scare the wildlife off the course.

I have a few Ping drivers; one of which is a K15 that almost sounds

as obnoxious as some of the older Nike drivers. I like the driver but

don't use it much cause it hurts my ears.

I've heard about stuffing cotton into the head but didn't want to go

to all that trouble. Maybe I'll shorten the shaft and try your lead tape

solution.

More than likely you will need the lead tape for weight if you shorten the shaft

Yes indeed. :)

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Michael, I was just reading about the JPX900 forged. It's time for you to have an affair.

Those are some SWEET irons. :idhitit:

I seen 'em. They're sweet looking. They'd have to be pretty special to get me to get these 800s out of the bag.

You're too wise for WRX. Aha, I just created our new motto. Too wise for WRX

.......yet we're here anyway.

....new motto theme song then... Grillester Golden Club Surprise

Well I tried to post on Sunday, but I had to go and rest

Then I set my sights on Monday and then I got it off my chest

I ain't ready for the ball yet, but I do arrange tee times

With a new club who's a real goodfriend of mine

I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too wise for WRX

Well I tried to post it, so Gus will roast it, then we can toast it..

Now I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too wise for WRX

Well I tried to post it, so Gus will roast it, then we can toast it...

Doo wop doo wop

Bravo!

Nobody does it better

Makes me feel sad...... for the rest

Nobody does it......quite the way you do

Baby baby babe.......Oooohhhh baby.....you're the best! :D

Great song - iconic video - cool movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNA7DcVppEs

At the end I noticed Carol Bayer Sager's name. Was thinking she sure has her fingerprints on a lot of hits over the years. Was surprised at just how much so:

RIP Gussie.

That is so cool--- Any dog no matter the breed if it is loved and treated properly will not be viscious. We had a chow chow that we treated like a baby and she was not vicious unless she thought someone was going to do harm to me or the wife. She liked everyone. She rode on the truck with the wife and I for 6 years and had people friends all over the USA and Canada. We lost her in 01 at the age of 15

...........Perhaps all this signifies is another example of creative scoring because I have no idea how in God's green earth the winning team managed a -13 hitting all day into a 40 knot gale! Even the putts were moving right to left!

They were the group right in front of us. We were watching and waiting on them, for good portions of the round. They were OK sticks, but nothing that I would call extraordinary. Noticed that on occasion, they were playing shots that were well off the beaten path. And very few instances of demonstrable reactions that is typically the case when the "team" makes a birdie. Compared to the mean score of the day, the conditions, how we viewed them as playing, we called boolah on their posted score. You know when a team is playing well, and these guys weren't coming close to playing well enough for a -14.

One of the buds mentioned this to one of the organizers of the event. But was given just a shrug of the shoulders and "What do you want me to do?" response. I understand that. Evidently not many knew these individuals, so difficult to question their veracity. Again, not that big a deal. It wasn't like there was big money or a plethora of fabulous prizes to be won.

But if its that important to win, at all costs, then have at it. Don't let any guilt sully your conscience.

In scrambles, always have high hopes before the start. Attempt to play as well as possible, at least for the first nine. But after a point, and the "pressure", it starts slipping away. Come to the cruel realization that today isn't going to be the one. That we're just hacks in a playa's world. We then say to hell with it, relax, and start drinking beers.

Most scrambles here are "cheatfests" and there is one somewhere almost every weekend. There was a group of old farts that made at least one if not 2 every weekend. There was 8 to 12 of these old farts and they were winning almost all of them. I know some of them and individual wise no of them could break 90 from the senior tees on their own ball. Everyone got tired of them because they knew what was going on. More than once we tried to get them to play for some serious money on the stipulation they played in our group with us of course no takers. One tournament which is a big one for a big Catholic church here is well policed. They have so many members that every closest to the hole contest is monitored along with the long drive holes and they have folks watching on random holes and making notes. That bunch got caught one year and DQed all 3 teams! Needless to say they never entered again. One scramble I was asked to officiate by the host pro who is a friend of mine. He actually got some other pros to monitor also that same bunch. One of the old farts asked me why I was watching them so closely and I told him flat out because you guys have been caught cheating before and if I catch you you will be DQed in the wink of an eye. Needless to say none of that bunch won anything that day! I think they finally got the message I have not heard anything about them for a couple of years now at least on this end of the beach. Cheating was getting so rampart down here that it was actually hurting the charity putting on the scramble. I know several that were cancelled because of very few entries. Actually I had one lady I know call me in tears because an event they had heavily promoted got only 10 entries. I told her what was going on and that the head pro at the course that was hosting it was a friend of mine and I wold talk to him. We ended up doing a reschedule and in the promotion announced that it would be Policed and the written rules would be enforced. We got a lot of entries then and the "cheatfest crew" was no where to be found.

that is the only way, let's get on with the game. Make a determination based on common sense or not, shut the stuff up, take your next shot. Procrastination means the beer is getting warm.

See that is why I appointed you the head rules official--- make the call based on common sense take the next shot--- keep the pace of play up the beer is getting warm and the food cold

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)