2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

This looks like a friendly place.

All the right ingredients for a 'Grille'.

Regards, from a place of soon to be coming wind, rain and the occasional snowdrift.

Welcome to the grill feel free to add any comment you want to. When I played the minis I had a couple of friends from the UK-- their dry humor kept me cracked up

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Welcome back Bill!

140lbs and floating inside 32s? Wow, that's some serious weight loss. I'm

so glad you're feeling better and back on your feet.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Welcome Sirhitalot!

You stumbled into the WRX sanctuary and it's a great place to hang out.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Plenty of exercise today, my wife's friend gave us two, year old fig trees that would not grow in her garden. Stripped the grass off the soil and knocked the extra soil off, about 4ft dia for each one, fertalised and water granules, planted said trees. 2 1/2 hrs start to finish.

Our other fig tree which is now 4years old produced several kilos of good sweet fruit last year, next year should see the results of today's labour. Nothing beats the taste of a sun ripened warm fig straight from the tree.

The unfortunate reality of living where we are, the state Forrest harbours a good population of possums who also like sweet sun ripened figs straight from the tree, it's a race to see who gets there first.

Life has its balance, the up side of living where we are is sharing our bounty with the local wildlife.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Possums - around here they are slow footed on pavement (and pay for that one). They're also angry little devils - no sense of humor at all.

Were it me Tol - I'd just put a wobbly stool under that tree with a note attached at Possum-eye-level saying, "If you don't suffer from loose stool on your way to these figs you're surely going to later." Ya know the only thing worse than a slow-footed mad possum is one with cramps.

I read that on the internet so it must be true!

Now a suggestion for the American postal service, you are too expensive.

My chickens need a new water feeder, plenty on EBay. Nice antique galvanised water feeder in America, $12, bargain, the down side, postage to Australia $750. We decided on the $3.95 model in plastic from Hong Kong, free postage.

Happy owners, happy chickens, more cash for feed. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Possums - around here they are slow footed on pavement (and pay for that one). They're also angry little devils - no sense of humor at all.

Were it me Tol - I'd just put a wobbly stool under that tree with a note attached at Possum-eye-level saying, "If you don't suffer from loose stool on your way to these figs you're surely going to later." Ya know the only thing worse than a slow-footed mad possum is one with cramps.

I read that on the internet so it must be true!

Must be true, try that tomorrow.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I've only had the opportunity to periodically check in on the doings around here. Impossible to catch-up and add commentary to everything. Other than to say that I'm happy to read everyone is safe, recovering, growing, getting on with the things in their lives. Life has been crazy busy the last two weeks. Multiple trips between home and Up North.

After seemingly a lifetime of nothing but women in my life (a good thing as long as one doesn't say to much), finally a compadre. A buddy and a future playing partner. Young Jax James came into this world on Wednesday evening past. Seven days behind schedule. Mother and child are doing fine. He's home as of yesterday.

As I contemplate the correct set of first sticks, the thread topic that I need anser'd........"Is starting a young golfer playing blades a foolish idea?" Personally, I don't think its a problem as long as he's properly fitted. Which may be a challenge, finding the right shafts short enough.

I had the most enjoyable round yesterday afternoon. Haven't touched a club in over two weeks. Playing by myself. Relatively empty course so I could shoot and scoot. With a new set of old clubs. Not bothering with "score". On a wonderful early full day. Relaxing. Thinking. Life is precious.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I've only had the opportunity to periodically check in on the doings around here. Impossible to catch-up and add commentary to everything. Other than to say that I'm happy to read everyone is safe, recovering, growing, getting on with the things in their lives. Life has been crazy busy the last two weeks. Multiple trips between home and Up North.

After seemingly a lifetime of nothing but women in my life (a good thing as long as one doesn't say to much), finally a compadre. A buddy and a future playing partner. Young Jax James came into this world on Wednesday evening past. Seven days behind schedule. Mother and child are doing fine. He's home as of yesterday.

As I contemplate the correct set of first sticks, the thread topic that I need anser'd........"Is starting a young golfer playing blades a foolish idea?" Personally, I don't think its a problem as long as he's properly fitted. Which may be a challenge, finding the right shafts short enough.

I had the most enjoyable round yesterday afternoon. Haven't touched a club in over two weeks. Playing by myself. Relatively empty course so I could shoot and scoot. With a new set of old clubs. Not bothering with "score". On a wonderful early full day. Relaxing. Thinking. Life is precious.

Congratulations Fella, nothing better than a new baby in the house. Think you may be a little in advance ordering clubs just yet :).

Look after them both, they are very precious.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

TY Tol. Guess I failed to mention in the prior post that J. J. (don't let his mother know I called him that) is a new grandson. They live about 200 miles north of us, so not exactly "in the house". I wish they lived closer, but it is what it is.

Golf clubs, baseball mitt, music, books, artist supplies, a camera, whatever piques a child's curiosities and interests. Learning how to learn is one of life's great gifts. Believer in making everything and anything available. Nothing unique with that. One never knows what may develop into a lifelong passion.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

My chickens need a new water feeder, plenty on EBay. Nice antique galvanised water feeder in America, $12, bargain, the down side, postage to Australia $750. We decided on the $3.95 model in plastic from Hong Kong, free postage.

It's not the USPS that's too expensive, it's bringing stuff across the border that gets you with brokerage, taxes and any applicable duty.

A number of years ago, we shipped some wine home from Italy. Upon our return I got a phone call from a UPS agent saying that there were fees owning to get the wine out of customs. The provincial liquor control authority wanted $100 duty on 6 bottles and the beauties at UPS wanted $100 for collecting it for them! All of a sudden my wine became $100/bottle! :swoon:

Ahh, but it gets better than that! #2 son shipped a case of wine home from New Zealand -- small lot stuff that he purchased from the winery he was working at. He got a registered letter from customs that it was illegal to ship via mail without going through a registered importer. He could have the shipment returned to sender at his expense or it would be destroyed. You know damned well that the wine most likely didn't get destroyed and a bunch of customs officials had one helluva party, but thems with the power make the rules... They're from the gov't and they're NOT here to help! :angry:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Congrats on the new family addition, Fella! Nothing like having a grandchild to dote over! I see many good days ahead of you! :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

It's not the USPS that's too expensive, it's bringing stuff across the border that gets you with brokerage, taxes and any applicable duty.

A number of years ago, we shipped some wine home from Italy. Upon our return I got a phone call from a UPS agent saying that there were fees owning to get the wine out of customs. The provincial liquor control authority wanted $100 duty on 6 bottles and the beauties at UPS wanted $100 for collecting it for them! All of a sudden my wine became $100/bottle! :swoon:

Ahh, but it gets better than that! #2 son shipped a case of wine home from New Zealand -- small lot stuff that he purchased from the winery he was working at. He got a registered letter from customs that it was illegal to ship via mail without going through a registered importer. He could have the shipment returned to sender at his expense or it would be destroyed. You know damned well that the wine most likely didn't get destroyed and a bunch of customs officials had one helluva party, but thems with the power make the rules... They're from the gov't and they're NOT here to help! :angry:

Same in Australia, customs can stop anything for as long as they want, we ordered a new chain for my chain saw from Hong Kong, same brand as local half the price. It was in Australia within 4days, has now been held up in customs for 8weeks, no explanation, just being held. It's only worth $15.

I think they must have a stupidity transplant as part of the induction procedure for new employees.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

There's GOT to be more graft and corruption in the worldwide shipping biz than you shake a stick at. Wonder how many daughters in this world got a free pony in exchange for a few favors?

Grandpa Fella! Can we start proudly calling you "Gramps"? You're going to ruin that kid! I can see it now - the two of you on an open field in a vehicle bounding over every bump - Gramps in the passenger seat with an 8 year old standing on the pedals and peeking through the wheel - both laughing their arses off and promising each other to never tell Mama.

They are amazingly natural golfers at the onset. They've not learned to pollute their minds with "do this and don't do that" crap. They are often ambidextrous when learning. If they watch it on TV they "ape it" in every detail so seeing great swings is all it takes.

Man - you're going to have more fun than should be legally allowed. Congrats my man - congrats. Let us know if you need any help on the "pull my finger" technique.

Wonderful news Fella! This grandparent thing is the best. Mrs scotee and I just got to spend a week with the four daughters, four sons in law and four grandkids on the beach. To top it off we got the news that one on the way is a girl and another announced the news of another on the way. Our quiver will soon be overflowing and I'm not even Catholic or Mormon :) Don't have any idea what I did to deserve this!

Just remember Fella, it's your right to spoil em as you wish :) Very happy for you.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Fella...the very best i can wish for you is to have as many good times as i have with my granddaughter....if you do,your life will be full. She is now

my full time golfing pardner and i do think she is more excited than i am for me to start playing again ! The best times of your life are ahead...congrats to you !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Welcome back Bill!

Thank you bro ! It is truly a great feeling to have the energy to visit with you guys again. I laugh when i get dressed and look in the mirror...look like

charlie chaplin with the baggy clothing !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Grandpa Fella! Can we start proudly calling you "Gramps"? You're going to ruin that kid! I can see it now - the two of you on an open field in a vehicle bounding over every bump - Gramps in the passenger seat with an 8 year old standing on the pedals and peeking through the wheel - both laughing their arses off and promising each other to never tell Mama.

Oh man does that bring back memories! When I was growing up one of the neighbouring farms had a field car for the kids. It was an old Chrysler or Plymouth with the pushbutton transmission in the dash. They had a turkey farm with a bunch of pasture land where they would turn the birds out onto in summer after the cattle had grazed it. It was pretty rough and those two kids would drive like bats outa hell across it like some sort of Dakar Rally wannabes! It was great fun until one day they broke an axle when the wheel fell into an oversized goundhog hole and damned near flipped the car over!

We used to get into all sorts of nonsense using the rope for the hay fork to swing off barn beams into loose piles of straw half way across the cavernous old bank barn. I remember one day that "Ross" misjudged and hit an open hole in the mow floor landing directly into a pen full of Angus cattle! Knocked the wind outa him! Five minutes later he was back up in the mow doing it all over again! You just can't keep a ginger down, I guess! ;)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Oh man does that bring back memories! When I was growing up one of the neighbouring farms had a field car for the kids. It was an old Chrysler or Plymouth with the pushbutton transmission in the dash. They had a turkey farm with a bunch of pasture land where they would turn the birds out onto in summer after the cattle had grazed it. It was pretty rough and those two kids would drive like bats outa hell across it like some sort of Dakar Rally wannabes! It was great fun until one day they broke an axle when the wheel fell into an oversized goundhog hole and damned near flipped the car over!

We used to get into all sorts of nonsense using the rope for the hay fork to swing off barn beams into loose piles of straw half way across the cavernous old bank barn. I remember one day that "Ross" misjudged and hit an open hole in the mow floor landing directly into a pen full of Angus cattle! Knocked the wind outa him! Five minutes later he was back up in the mow doing it all over again! You just can't keep a ginger down, I guess! ;)

Yup! I hear ya loud and clear my friend. Nothing like an old rusty beater car/truck and a big open field when it comes to getting a taste of driving. And holy cow - the road feels so smooth when the time comes! LMAO. There were some bone-jarring bumps and great memories in those fields! Grandpa laughing so hard he almost swallowed his false teeth!

Welcome back Bill!

Thank you bro ! It is truly a great feeling to have the energy to visit with you guys again. I laugh when i get dressed and look in the mirror...look like

When we get Sixty back in the saddle - he's got this cook named Gus he brings along who is the resident chef. Old Gus will cook anything you want to order and he'll fatten you up so fast can't get up out the chair.

Glad to hear you're released for "light" duty. Heck if you can just move around a little at first - get some fresh air - ease back in... it's a win. The place hasn't been the same without you my man. You had us worried there for a while but there's no keeping a good man down!

Well it's off to actually hit the little white ball.

Let's see here - the plan is going to be A or B.

A) Proper address - correct grip - working on tempo - balance - making sure at P-3.4525 my lats react to the pecs so at P-4,41453 the clubface is .004 degrees shut relative to the azimuth of Jupiter on the third day of the Venusian quadrangle.

B) Go hit the darn thing and have fun.

Hmmmmm.... This one is going to be tough. OK - I vote "B" but only cause Mrs. Reason said so. Otherwise I'd have gone for "A".

Smart lady Mrs R.

Congrats on making is back from the new "stink pants" there Fellah! I wouldn't go buying the kid Muira's quite yet... I cannot even talk the daughter into playing miniature golf and she's almost 5 now. She goes, "no thank you. golf is boring!" ... that hurts. Not sure the windmill would help change that thought process.

Congrats on making is back from the new "stink pants" there Fellah! I wouldn't go buying the kid Muira's quite yet... I cannot even talk the daughter into playing miniature golf and she's almost 5 now. She goes, "no thank you. golf is boring!" ... that hurts. Not sure the windmill would help change that thought process.

Golf is a game I liked from a preteen. No one in my family played golf, my Dad picked it up after I started around age 13. I don't think he ever really cared for it, though. He was a billiard player, expert level. I was hooked since I hit a pal's grandfather's club opposite hand.

A brief story. I was at a family funeral a couple years ago, and at the dinner, the wife of a nephew, who barely says "hello" to me, asks how I've been. I tell her that my back has really been bothering me, other than that, great. She then asks me whether I'm still playing golf (it's a family thing that I wasted my adult life chasing the ball), to which I reply in the affirmative. I also tell her I play at least five days a week, to which she rolls her eyeballs and turns to chat to someone else. It was actually funny.

I could just read her thoughts, "No wonder the idiot's back hurts."

Play well!

Plenty of exercise today, my wife's friend gave us two, year old fig trees that would not grow in her garden. Stripped the grass off the soil and knocked the extra soil off, about 4ft dia for each one, fertalised and water granules, planted said trees. 2 1/2 hrs start to finish.

Our other fig tree which is now 4years old produced several kilos of good sweet fruit last year, next year should see the results of today's labour. Nothing beats the taste of a sun ripened warm fig straight from the tree.

The unfortunate reality of living where we are, the state Forrest harbours a good population of possums who also like sweet sun ripened figs straight from the tree, it's a race to see who gets there first.

Life has its balance, the up side of living where we are is sharing our bounty with the local wildlife.

The Mrs. bought one of those miniature Meyers (?) lemon trees at least four years ago. They were advertised to yield a bountiful crop of lemons every season. It has yielded one pitiful crop of four or five lemons in the time we've had it. Watering it, replanting it several times, and moving it indoors and outdoors again with the change of seasons. I'm not much of a drinker, but I had these visions of fresh picked lemons for an occasional Rum and Cola, or for the ice tea I normally drink.

Like the sub captain in "Das Boot," I can't recall ever eating a fresh fig. I've eaten the dried variety, though. I buy Kiwi's every once in a while. I marvel at the distance they travel to Pennsylvania. Really amazing.

Cheers!

Congrats man--- IMHO Heck no start the young man off with pure blades. Cut down a set of regular shafts do not worry about the weight he will develop good feel and golf muscles with the heavier clubs. Also build him a practice club to swing make it heavier than a usual club

Welcome back Bill!

Glad to have you back old buddy we have missed you

My version of that was old golf carts. I got pretty accomplished at running a 3 wheeler golf cart on two wheels. The 4 wheel ones were a piece of cake. One time my old man bet one of his cronies $100 I could ride the length of our parking lot on two wheels which I did. I launched it off a ramp Joie Chitwood style and did it. later on when I first got out of service and was messing around in Eastern NC around Grand Dad's old farm this other guy and I had a VW bug a lady gave us for free. It had a tree fall on it and smashed the top and broke all the glass. We beat the top out and had a guy in town build a roll cage in it. We used to raise holy sand in the fields with it. It was turned over more than once. The kid ended up with it and stripped it down and made a street dune buggy out of it when I headed to Florida to play the minis.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)