2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

How many sets of irons is TOO much?

When the number of iron sets exceed one's capacity to store them. Or in my case, when they begin to infringe on the area where the Mrs. has her stuff.

Probably TOO much:

That looks just like I imagine Stus shed to look :)

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

LOL Tol, that thought did cross my mind. The pic was used as hyperbole and for visual impact to anser Rad's inquiry. But it was "stolen" from a very real event. The legendary "Niles Hoard" that an esteemed member of the Classic section waded into a couple of years back. Don't know if you're familiar with the story, don't think its ever been referenced in the Grille. You may find this an interesting saga:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/736811-check-out-these-clubs-hoarders-dream/page__hl__%20niles%20%20hoard

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

We have discussed many topics in the Grille over a drink, for you snappy dressers I came across this little number on a clothes web site. It's a little expensive at $10,835 USD however style such as this cannot be only down to price. Look, weep and enjoy what could be your crown.

https://imgur.com/a/gxvSO

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

LOL Tol, that thought did cross my mind. The pic was used as hyperbole and for visual impact to anser Rad's inquiry. But it was "stolen" from a very real event. The legendary "Niles Hoard" that an esteemed member of the Classic section waded into a couple of years back. Don't know if you're familiar with the story, don't think its ever been referenced in the Grille. You may find this an interesting saga:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/736811-check-out-these-clubs-hoarders-dream/page__hl__%20niles%20%20hoard

That's really taking it to the extreme.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Couple of years ago I'm thinking about buying a car and go to a dealer shop with it. I'm willing to pay 50 bucks to put it up on a rack and give it the once-over by highly skilled/trained/competent eyes..

I step outside to make a call while it's getting checked out when a man who had been paying for services rendered gets to his own car to leave. He fires up the ignition and drives off the lot... kind of.

Turns out...

He'd been in for a simple tire rotation. Lug nuts on the front and rear starboard side were missing. This poor guy turns the wheel to pull onto the highway and two wheels fall off. His car ends up on the curb. Bad things happened to the steering and suspension.

Did I mention I was there for their skilled/trained/competent help?

I bought a 93 Sedan deVille in 1995, certified car. When I got home, I noticed the rear drivers tire was almost flat, and went to a gas station to put air in the tire. Next morning it's at about 20 pounds. Drove to the dealer, (25 miles away) where I waited three hours, waiting for the tire to be fixed. Fixed, I'm driving home, something told me to pull over, and as I'm getting out of the car, I hear air swooshing out of the tire. Luckily, get back to the dealer, and tell the service manager. THIS time, they fix it.

I owned that car for ten years. Under warranty, it needed a transmission rebuild, both front struts, leveling system, broken tire belts (they wouldn't pay for the new tire), and many other warranted things. Numerous trim pieces were missing or damaged that I noticed AFTER I bought the car. They did replace some damaged trim, but I was told by the sales manager that I bought a used car. Certified meant nothing. I was told my car was a local trade, when I got the title, it was out of state, bought at the Butler, PA auction.

I talked to the dealer owner, he tried to blame his sales manager for cars being sold without being checked out. I told the guy, he's the owner, and he'd be looking for a new manager if the cars aren't out the door. Owner said he doubted he'd ever sell me another car. Bingo.

OK... I think a certain OGA member has cursed me. The new Prius was hit about 6 hours ago by ... the front wheel of a 1983 Porsche 944 that came off as it was rounding a corner. Yeah ... it's been one of those days for me. If anyone out there has State Farm (as the person who's tire cracked my rear bumper did) I would suggest finding another company. They are the absolute worst from my dealing with them today. Won't go into too much detail about them but they tried to do something to me that they were found guilty of a few years back to the tune of $2 million in a Ca. court.

... can I get in on that??

I have heard some horror stories about them from some of my friends. That sucks, bro!

Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there..

Couple of years ago I'm thinking about buying a car and go to a dealer shop with it. I'm willing to pay 50 bucks to put it up on a rack and give it the once-over by highly skilled/trained/competent eyes..

I step outside to make a call while it's getting checked out when a man who had been paying for services rendered gets to his own car to leave. He fires up the ignition and drives off the lot... kind of.

Turns out...

He'd been in for a simple tire rotation. Lug nuts on the front and rear starboard side were missing. This poor guy turns the wheel to pull onto the highway and two wheels fall off. His car ends up on the curb. Bad things happened to the steering and suspension.

I bought a 93 Sedan deVille in 1995, certified car. When I got home, I noticed the rear drivers tire was almost flat, and went to a gas station to put air in the tire. Next morning it's at about 20 pounds. Drove to the dealer, (25 miles away) where I waited three hours, waiting for the tire to be fixed. Fixed, I'm driving home, something told me to pull over, and as I'm getting out of the car, I hear air swooshing out of the tire. Luckily, get back to the dealer, and tell the service manager. THIS time, they fix it.

I owned that car for ten years. Under warranty, it needed a transmission rebuild, both front struts, leveling system, broken tire belts (they wouldn't pay for the new tire), and many other warranted things. Numerous trim pieces were missing or damaged that I noticed AFTER I bought the car. They did replace some damaged trim, but I was told by the sales manager that I bought a used car. Certified meant nothing. I was told my car was a local trade, when I got the title, it was out of state, bought at the Butler, PA auction.

I talked to the dealer owner, he tried to blame his sales manager for cars being sold without being checked out. I told the guy, he's the owner, and he'd be looking for a new manager if the cars aren't out the door. Owner said he doubted he'd ever sell me another car. Bingo.

Wriggs I hear ya loud and clear my friend.

It takes a good bit for me to go all negative. Life is too short. Car repairs in general have generally not gone well here, Like you say - we don't have to go back once the lesson is learned. Running out of places to keep learning that lesson but there's always hope the next time some silliness won't be part of it.

On the upside - some nice fall weather has been settling in. Getting to that point where it's fun to ride with a window down (lol and hope it goes back up!)

Turns out...

The exes brother worked at one of those quickie change your oil places. He was the guy in the pit. Pull the drain plug. Drain the oil. SCREW THE PLUG BACK INTO THE OIL PAN!! That's in caps for a reason. He lasted one day. A customer's engine locked up at the first stoplight he came to.

Ya, those things are kinda impotent......kinda like torque wrench day. :cheesy:

When the drain plugs found in the pan - break light bulbs or lug nuts found in a tray after the car is gone - the new spark plugs are still in the package even though the wires were changed - when sweeping up and the new belt is sitting there knowing it wasn't changed. Do you

A) Quickly hide the evidence?

B) Do a pratfall and file a worker's comp claim?

C) Point at the new guy and say "He did it!" ?

D) Make it to the next break and just go home without returning?

E) Call the boss over and ask him if you can have one last smoke before he puts the bag over your head?

Me, I would try A, B, and C. Just trying to maximize the returns..

Think I saw POTUS today. Well not actually him, but

I work 2 blocks from the UN and as I was crossing 42nd, a motorcade came rumbling through.

Few cop cars loaded with guys then

3 big black SUVs go by me, the rear windows are down on each side of all 3 and there are special forces dudes looking out the open windows and they have sunglasses and a machine guns right on their chests.

Then the limo, looks like a black bomb proof, onyx, thing.

Then 2 more trucks with the windows down and guys with machine guns staring at you like,

Yeah, go ahead pal, make our day

Then more cops.

Dont mess with POTUS crew ; )

Being president obviously has it's perks but man o man can you imagine living

surrounded like that 24/7?

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

OK... I think a certain OGA member has cursed me. The new Prius was hit about 6 hours ago by ... the front wheel of a 1983 Porsche 944 that came off as it was rounding a corner. Yeah ... it's been one of those days for me. If anyone out there has State Farm (as the person who's tire cracked my rear bumper did) I would suggest finding another company. They are the absolute worst from my dealing with them today. Won't go into too much detail about them but they tried to do something to me that they were found guilty of a few years back to the tune of $2 million in a Ca. court.

I have heard some horror stories about them from some of my friends. That sucks, bro!

We have State Farm for our cars and house, lol. So far in nearly 20 years no

problems with them. It's guess it's sometimes good to be the statistical outlier.

SLED Gemini

It can't be good, being a target for all the loonies.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

It can't be good, being a target for all the loonies.

One of the reasons so few want the job. You gotta really really want it to go

through what it takes to get there....and then live in that bubble for 4-8 years.

The good thing though is we take VERY good care of our ex presidents. BUT

they will live in that bubble for the rest of their lives....though it is a smaller bubble.

SLED Gemini

Man, it was bad enough to encounter Conrad283 on WRX. Now I just encountered

a C-rad on WRX. It's hard for a guy to feel unique and special with these characters

roaming about.

SLED Gemini

We have State Farm for our cars and house, lol. So far in nearly 20 years no

problems with them. It's guess it's sometimes good to be the statistical outlier.

About 10 years ago in SoCal I was hit by a State Farm person and they were VERY generous with getting things done. I get the feeling it is person to person and trying to feel out what they can get away with. After the conversation with them, and the conversation the repair manager had with them on my phone, the next time I called to "set up" an appointment to get the assessment done, they were VERY much a changed group. I was all loaded up with the exact information on the lawsuit, the exact laws they were trying to skirt, etc. and didn't need any of it. I think some of the "notes" made in the file were highlighted stating DO NO MESS WITH THIS ONE. Even better, I get to keep driving my car until the assessment is done. They didn't see that as a positive before, but maybe realizing they would save $30/day for a rental until they decided to show up to assess it was a good thing. ;)

In other news, it actually has rained a little on us here the past couple days. Felt a bit like Alabama and stated to look like it when I saw a little bit of rotation in the sky.

Ya Gauch, I remember in Sept you can get some of that tropical stuff that normally

stays down in Mexico and usually just sends big waves up to the south facing beaches.

Weather is certainly weird lately. We just missed a tornado in Odessa, TX a few

days ago. It was on the ground and we were getting blasted with wind, rain and hail

and couldn't see the tornado and how close we might be to it. Scary. I put the pedal

on the floor and got the heck outta there pronto.

Unusual to get rotation in the summer in the desert but OTOH the big super cells

are capable of just about anything when they get cranked up.

SLED Gemini

a C-rad on WRX. It's hard for a guy to feel unique and special with these characters

roaming about.

WTH? Respect the trademark! :)

You bet! It would be like Fellaheen51 encountering a Fellaheen63 or an F-Heen. :)

Edit......or an F- Heen Heen. :D

Oh crap. I hate editing my posts for content. It's like if I'm too brain dead to

think of it in the first place I should just not post it with a stupid edit. Edits

are like an admission of content failure. Can I have a do over honey?? I

could not help myself. You know it was right there in front of me and I missed

it. But I know if I don't edit, MC will come in behind me and say it and then

thank me for teeing it up so high for him.

SLED Gemini

New rule.

Plant more lemon trees on golf courses. They'll thrive.

(Lemonade will never taste the same going forward - lol).

On that note.....

Can i post a 'swing vid'?

I'd like some feedback, but don't kill me yeh!

Yes Sir! In fact you will make Judge Reasey's day. He is the resident swing eyes here at the grille. Might cost you a snack or a beverage.

As the resident swing Dr., was sorta hoping that he would further expand his "Pull My Finger (PMF)" technique he alluded to the other day. I'm good for a couple of beverages for renumeration.

And.....well....since there is no one around that I can vent to......

THE LIONS ARE A POS TEAM!!!!!! Fully p***ed that I wasting such a glorious afternoon watching this sad sack franchise. I swear right here and now to my fellow grill'ster's, I'm done. Get tired of being played the fool.

For our out of town grille members, the Leo's (aka Same Old Lions) are the local professional football team. A historical, epically incompetent one.

Edit Perspective: My Spartans beat the Leprechauns last night. That brings "rightness" to my FB world. Just need to keep my FB priorities in their proper order.

Fella, you aren't a fool... we in the LA area are fools. We let the Raiders back, lost them, and have let the Lambs back into LA instead of taking the Chargers ... and now the Chargers still want to be here? Personally, I'd prefer they all leave town and take the traffic with them!

(plus, we want the water wasted on them for golf courses)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/st-louis-rams/0ap2000000069044/Fearsome-Foursome-A-Football-Life

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d810a6bd4/Top-10-Gutsiest-Performances-Jack-Youngblood

Growing up in So Cal I was a true blue Dodgers/Rams/Lakers fan. It was very weird when the Oakland Traders came to town and devastating when the Rams went to SL. Now having lived in the NW for longer than anywhere else I am a Seattle Fan. Sunday was strange to watch for me. My old team back in LA where I got to be at a game in the 70’s and the Hawks. The week before the Rams are skunked by the Niners and then very nearly skunk the SeaHawks. All the NFC West tied at 1 and 1. It will be an interesting year. Steelers looking very strong.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

roaming about.

WTH? Respect the trademark! :)

You bet! It would be like Fellaheen51 encountering a Fellaheen63 or an F-Heen. :)

Edit......or an F- Heen Heen. :D

Oh crap. I hate editing my posts for content. It's like if I'm too brain dead to

think of it in the first place I should just not post it with a stupid edit. Edits

are like an admission of content failure. Can I have a do over honey?? I

could not help myself. You know it was right there in front of me and I missed

it. But I know if I don't edit, MC will come in behind me and say it and then

thank me for teeing it up so high for him.

Editing = Attention to details. Correct spelling, grammar, sentence structure, content, etc. So we do not come across as internet rubes. Does anybody pay attention to whether a post has been edited? I know it passes me by. Thank goodness it doesn't say "this posted has been edited six times" like another forum (non-golf) I visit with some regularity. And yes, I've had multiple edits of the edits on occasion.

As for my "Trademark" (I like the term), the origination and use goes back long before the internets. A Kerouac reference. He uses the term often in his novels. When this whole online thing started, having to create Usernames and Passwords, began using it. Never have had it rejected because someone else had already laid claim.

Perhaps I'm divulging a trade secret, but the following quotation read a very long time ago, served as the inspiration. From a collection of short stories called Lonesome Traveler, chapter 2 is titled, "Mexico Fellaheen." The chapter contains this passage:

"......but you can find it, this feeling, this fellaheen feeling about life, that timeless gayety of people not involved in great cultural and civilization issues."

Jack Kerouac

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Had someone threaten to use my name, told him go for it. Idiot was trying to wind me up, typical troll.

How DARE you call me an idiot!! Ummm... I mean, wow... that guy was a moron. ;)

One of the really good things about the Grille, everyone posing in here is so intelligent.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I work 2 blocks from the UN and as I was crossing 42nd, a motorcade came rumbling through.

3 big black SUVs go by me, the rear windows are down on each side of all 3 and there are special forces dudes looking out the open windows and they have sunglasses and a machine guns right on their chests.

Then 2 more trucks with the windows down and guys with machine guns staring at you like,

Then more cops.

A few years back, I was helping a friend at a college job fair. All kinds of employers, including the Secret Service, law and CPA firms, etc. I was browsing around, and happened to stop at the Secret Service booth, where two agents in dark suits were standing around. I casually asked one guy, about the maximum age for agents. The guy didn't miss a beat, replying, "You're too old." I replied that I knew that, just wanted to know the maximum age. He looked at me very harshly, and said angrily, "If you know someone interested, send them in, but you're too old. Good Day!"

I sheepishly walked away. I could imagine some idiot giving this guy a hard time about being a taxpayer, etc. The agents would have throttled him to the ground, and took him away in handcuffs.

After all the stuff going on today, don't back sass the police or any other law enforcement people.

Then more cops.

A few years back, I was helping a friend at a college job fair. All kinds of employers, including the Secret Service, law and CPA firms, etc. I was browsing around, and happened to stop at the Secret Service booth, where two agents in dark suits were standing around. I casually asked one guy, about the maximum age for agents. The guy didn't miss a beat, replying, "You're too old." I replied that I knew that, just wanted to know the maximum age. He looked at me very harshly, and said angrily, "If you know someone interested, send them in, but you're too old. Good Day!"

I sheepishly walked away. I could imagine some idiot giving this guy a hard time about being a taxpayer, etc. The agents would have throttled him to the ground, and took him away in handcuffs.

After all the stuff going on today, don't back sass the police or any other law enforcement people.

Well, they should be more professional about it!

And, you know, now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't POTUS.

The motorcade was just those "few" cars and not all the 20+ motorcycles and like 15+ cars that he would usually have. Also, I don't think the POTUS motorcade SUVs would ride with the windows down, these had seats configured to actually face the windows, and a guys facing the street plainly brandishing a machine gun. Not very subtle and very intimidating rolling down midtown NYC like that. And now I am thinking they didn't have dark suits on, almost maybe military type outfits.

Maybe it was a foreign head of state.

Wow, I remember having a dream when Bush was president, he was on the side of the road (sorry, you know how dreams are) and his car was broken down, so I stopped and asked him if he needed a ride, so he got in. He said he needed a ride to the White House. But on the way, a carload of SS agent caught up with us, so we stopped and he got out to ride with them. As he did, he said to some of them, 'take care of him', meaning In a nice way. But they thought it meant 'take care of him, as in kidnapping, so they arrested me, and took me off and stuff. Dumb dream.. why is it (maybe it's just me) in dreams you just can win at anything? Anybody else have dreams like that? Like I always seem to dream about golf, but I never quite get to tee off or something stupid like that, seems like something always happens in a weird ending.. must be something from my childhood like having a flat tire on my bike on the way to my little league football championship game and falling into a swamp while trying to fix it, you know, the normal stuff :huh:

I was drafted into the US Army in 1971, served in the US, never went overseas, and for all practical purposes, didn't do a whole lot, except what I was told. A mostly uneventful duty as a cook.

I've had a recurring dream for years, have it every so often. I'm awaiting deployment after some form of call back into duty. During the dream, I seem to think that I will have to undergo BCT again, due to the number of years since I graduated. I keep thinking how I hope the drill sergeants take some sort of pity on an old guy, and don't torture me too much during training. Then, I wake up and realize it was a dream. Wow, relief.

Haven't had the dream for a couple of years, though.

Post 'em if you got 'em. But no vids are required according to OGA bylaws. I sure in hell didn't post any.

Flashing lead tape will speed up the induction process by the "Big Guy". He's always impressed by the use of said tape.

Hint: Mention that you carry a couple of rolls in your right pocket. To pullout and adjust SW at a moments notice. Or whenever you feel your swing plane going askew by to light of a club head.

Heck he is already in Fella--- Help me out and figure out his member number please

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)