2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Ok, so Im watching the opening scene Gladiator for the 70th time (waiting for me pork chops) and I noticed that when Maximus is with his "cavalry" in the woods and gives the guy the nod to launch the flaming arrow to give the signal to "unleash hell",

Well, doesnt that give away his team's secret position away?

At 2:10 seconds

Just sayin ; )

OK... I think a certain OGA member has cursed me. The new Prius was hit about 6 hours ago by ... the front wheel of a 1983 Porsche 944 that came off as it was rounding a corner. Yeah ... it's been one of those days for me. If anyone out there has State Farm (as the person who's tire cracked my rear bumper did) I would suggest finding another company. They are the absolute worst from my dealing with them today. Won't go into too much detail about them but they tried to do something to me that they were found guilty of a few years back to the tune of $2 million in a Ca. court.

... can I get in on that??

I have heard some horror stories about them from some of my friends. That sucks, bro!

OK... I think a certain OGA member has cursed me. The new Prius was hit about 6 hours ago by ... the front wheel of a 1983 Porsche 944 that came off as it was rounding a corner. Yeah ... it's been one of those days for me. If anyone out there has State Farm (as the person who's tire cracked my rear bumper did) I would suggest finding another company. They are the absolute worst from my dealing with them today. Won't go into too much detail about them but they tried to do something to me that they were found guilty of a few years back to the tune of $2 million in a Ca. court.

I have heard some horror stories about them from some of my friends. That sucks, bro!

Not just anyone could manage that! Go buy a lotto ticket dude! You're defying incredible odds. And I know just enough about CA law to say the courts rarely stand in favor of big business so light'm up is you want some of that.

May your Prius live long and prosper.

Ok, so Im watching the opening scene Gladiator for the 70th time (waiting for me pork chops) and I noticed that when Maximus is with his "cavalry" in the woods and gives the guy the nod to launch the flaming arrow to give the signal to "unleash hell",

Just sayin ; )

When you're a bad a** you can only hold it in for so long, bro! You WANT them to know where you're at and you're coming!

....AND HELLS COMING WITH ME!!'

Know what you meen about insurance companies.

A few years ago, some idiots tipped my sons car over when it was parked at a rail station. The police had it on video, they were prosecuted and had to pay towards the repair. As it was an older car when he tried to have it repaired, his insurance company said the repair was worth more than the car so they wanted to rite it off. He decided not to bother and continued driving it until he sold if a few months later.

New car. Insurance company wanted to jack up the insurance 50%, they claimed he had an accident and made a claim, both of which were untrue. They would not change their position so he moved companies, they contacted him and asked why he changed, his answer is unrepeatable.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Just sayin ; )

How silly, can't play the video, copyright restrictions for Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Speaking of movies...random plot holes i hate in random unimportant movies:

1) Timecop (Van damme movie): At the end of the movie, Van Damme returns from the past having changed the future for the better, and then asks his boss what happened to senator McComb. His boss laughs at him like he's an idiot because he's never heard of Senator McComb....Hey IDIOT, you are the BOSS OF A TIME TRAVEL ENFORCEMENT AGENCY....Don't you think that MAYBE this guy has come back from a mission in which McComb was a central figure???

2) Fast Five: So, the whole plot is that Toretto (Diesel) and O'conner seek revenge on a drug dealer who did absolutely nothing to them. All that happened is that he hired them to steal a car which they did, then THEY refused to give it to him for no reason even though he PAID them to steal it. And the drug dealer is the bad guy!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Not just anyone could manage that! Go buy a lotto ticket dude! You're defying incredible odds. And I know just enough about CA law to say the courts rarely stand in favor of big business so light'm up is you want some of that.

I feel bad for the driver of the Porsche... given his License starts with a "D" (I am a "B") he must be rather young. The car drops a shoe AND it hits mine, his brake system has to be trashed, and it goes down as an accident for him.

As for that certain insurance company, IF they pull anything going forward I will get litigious all over them. 3 friends are lawyers and I think they might enjoy 10% of a $2-4 million payout. Seeing as the company has been found guilty before, I bet I could get a "repeat offender" bonus on any lawsuit.

Pity I am not a California Lawsuit Lotto jerk or I'd be rich many times over and could play a lot of golf.

... hmmm ... lot of golf ... $4million outside taxes ... urge to sue rising. ;)

I feel bad for the driver of the Porsche... given his License starts with a "D" (I am a "B") he must be rather young. The car drops a shoe AND it hits mine, his brake system has to be trashed, and it goes down as an accident for him.

As for that certain insurance company, IF they pull anything going forward I will get litigious all over them. 3 friends are lawyers and I think they might enjoy 10% of a $2-4 million payout. Seeing as the company has been found guilty before, I bet I could get a "repeat offender" bonus on any lawsuit.

Pity I am not a California Lawsuit Lotto jerk or I'd be rich many times over and could play a lot of golf.

LOL, I remember when a SoCal court awarded a guy $2 billion cause he got

sick smoking. $2 Billion!!!!!!! I didn't hear about the aftermath but can't imagine

the guy ever got that kind of money.

I know there were certain neighborhoods in L.A. that were known for having

very friendly jury pools and I think that jury award came from one of those areas.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

1) Timecop (Van damme movie): At the end of the movie, Van Damme returns from the past having changed the future for the better, and then asks his boss what happened to senator McComb. His boss laughs at him like he's an idiot because he's never heard of Senator McComb....Hey IDIOT, you are the BOSS OF A TIME TRAVEL ENFORCEMENT AGENCY....Don't you think that MAYBE this guy has come back from a mission in which McComb was a central figure???

2) Fast Five: So, the whole plot is that Toretto (Diesel) and O'conner seek revenge on a drug dealer who did absolutely nothing to them. All that happened is that he hired them to steal a car which they did, then THEY refused to give it to him for no reason even though he PAID them to steal it. And the drug dealer is the bad guy!

They're action movies, brah!! "Look at my muscles, pretty girls, fights, car chases". LMAO!

It's like watching certain other kinds of movies and realizing "Hey, they never ate the pizza!"

It CANNOT stand!!!!!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

sick smoking. $2 Billion!!!!!!! I didn't hear about the aftermath but can't imagine

very friendly jury pools and I think that jury award came from one of those areas.

If you can get some pity, you can get PAID $$$$ ... so LA and the Bay Area (provided the case fits a "Progressive" point of "compassion" like hot coffee or smoking or a stuck gas pedal that wasn't stuck).

I'm in OC so I would probably get smacked out of the court.

If you can get some pity, you can get PAID $$$$ ... so LA and the Bay Area (provided the case fits a "Progressive" point of "compassion" like hot coffee or smoking or a stuck gas pedal that wasn't stuck).

I'm in OC so I would probably get smacked out of the court.

Just go to North OC and you'll find a favorable jury, lol. It's pretty much like

L.A. up that way.

SLED Gemini

Totally bummer about your mobile Gaucho. I hope all is resolved in your favour.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

They're action movies, brah!! "Look at my muscles, pretty girls, fights, car chases". LMAO!

It's like watching certain other kinds of movies and realizing "Hey, they never ate the pizza!"

It CANNOT stand!!!!!

I KNOW!! Perfectly good pizza!!

I love a good eating scene

Couple of years ago I'm thinking about buying a car and go to a dealer shop with it. I'm willing to pay 50 bucks to put it up on a rack and give it the once-over by highly skilled/trained/competent eyes..

I step outside to make a call while it's getting checked out when a man who had been paying for services rendered gets to his own car to leave. He fires up the ignition and drives off the lot... kind of.

Turns out...

He'd been in for a simple tire rotation. Lug nuts on the front and rear starboard side were missing. This poor guy turns the wheel to pull onto the highway and two wheels fall off. His car ends up on the curb. Bad things happened to the steering and suspension.

Did I mention I was there for their skilled/trained/competent help?

Couple of years ago I'm thinking about buying a car and go to a dealer shop with it. I'm willing to pay 50 bucks to put it up on a rack and give it the once-over by highly skilled/trained/competent eyes..

I step outside to make a call while it's getting checked out when a man who had been paying for services rendered gets to his own car to leave. He fires up the ignition and drives off the lot... kind of.

Turns out...

He'd been in for a simple tire rotation. Lug nuts on the front and rear starboard side were missing. This poor guy turns the wheel to pull onto the highway and two wheels fall off. His car ends up on the curb. Bad things happened to the steering and suspension.

Bet you didn't go back, lol.

SLED Gemini

Turns out...

Sounds like someone missed "torque wrench" day during training.

Turns out...

Haven't even driven by the place since, Radro. Have often wondered how much that mistake ended up costing - and what amount of red tape was involved. Thankfully no one was injured.

Turns out...

Sounds like someone missed "torque wrench" day during training.

Can you imagine the service manager walking over to the bay and finding a pile of lug nuts laying around? "Hey Willy - Rumor has it these things are kinda important."

How many sets of irons is TOO much?

SLED Gemini

Turns out...

The exes brother worked at one of those quickie change your oil places. He was the guy in the pit. Pull the drain plug. Drain the oil. SCREW THE PLUG BACK INTO THE OIL PAN!! That's in caps for a reason. He lasted one day. A customer's engine locked up at the first stoplight he came to.

Ya, those things are kinda impotent......kinda like torque wrench day. :cheesy:

SLED Gemini

Turns out...

The exes brother worked at one of those quickie change your oil places. He was the guy in the pit. Pull the drain plug. Drain the oil. SCREW THE PLUG BACK INTO THE OIL PAN!! That's in caps for a reason. He lasted one day. A customer's engine locked up at the first stoplight he came to.

Ya, those things are kinda impotent......kinda like torque wrench day. :cheesy:

When the drain plugs found in the pan - break light bulbs or lug nuts found in a tray after the car is gone - the new spark plugs are still in the package even though the wires were changed - when sweeping up and the new belt is sitting there knowing it wasn't changed. Do you

A) Quickly hide the evidence?

B) Do a pratfall and file a worker's comp claim?

C) Point at the new guy and say "He did it!" ?

D) Make it to the next break and just go home without returning?

E) Call the boss over and ask him if you can have one last smoke before he puts the bag over your head?

Turns out...

Had our last car serviced, arrived home and parked on the driveway to find fuel spilling all over, the mechanic came out to the house, they had forgotten to tighten the fuel filter.

Cost them a tank of petrol.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Turns out...

Had our last car serviced, arrived home and parked on the driveway to find fuel spilling all over, the mechanic came out to the house, they had forgotten to tighten the fuel filter.

Cost them a tank of petrol.

Sometimes mistakes happen.

Sometimes people work at places they have no business being employed at.

The exes brother was the latter.

Sometimes your car is just in the wrong place at the wrong time. We've had 3

windows broken while our van was parked at the Kennesaw yard. Twice by rocks

flung by a lawnmower by the landscape people. First time was the front windshield,

second was the rear window.

Those times Kennesaw replaced the windows and charged back the landscape

people.

The last one was the window on the sliding side door that was shattered but........

Kennesaw had fired the landscape people and no one could determine how our

window was broken. So, evidence lacking and no one to charge back, Kennesaw

told us they weren't responsible for this one.

But I talked to the head mechanic and he got the glass people to come out and

replace the window for 1/2 the price it would have cost us. Our insurance deductible

is $250 but the window only cost us $250 so we just paid for it.

It's just weird that all the other friggin' vehicles never get touched and yet we've had

3 broken windows......2 by rocks and the last a mystery we'll never solve. Just the

wrong place at the wrong time.........but, in the end, no biggie. There's always worse

things that can happen.

SLED Gemini

How hard is it to balance tires with weights that don't fall off (often in your driveway) within days?

Do the folks who check tire pressure get a bonus for not screwing the valve stem caps back on? Do they get some sort of frequent flyer miles in trade for them?

Never - as in never ever - let the people changing your oil touch the transmission or differential fluids. They can pull that "your vehicle needs this work at the mileage you've reached" crap all day long. Never ever let them do it. They can steal your valve stem caps and they can poorly install wheel balance weights but do NOT let them touch your drive train fluids. (Unless you're good with about 3 grand in repairs).

How hard is it to balance tires with weights that don't fall off (often in your driveway) within days?

Do the folks who check tire pressure get a bonus for not screwing the valve stem caps back on? Do they get some sort of frequent flyer miles in trade for them?

Never - as in never ever - let the people changing your oil touch the transmission or differential fluids. They can pull that "your vehicle needs this work at the mileage you've reached" crap all day long. Never ever let them do it. They can steal your valve stem caps and they can poorly install wheel balance weights but do NOT let them touch your drive train fluids. (Unless you're good with about 3 grand in repairs).

Sounds like personal experience talking. Our cars don't need service much and we

have a Ford dealer right down the street so we just pay their price for a little peace

of mind in return.

Edit; they will even come to our house and pick up the car(s) and bring them

back at no extra charge. Small town benefits.

SLED Gemini

Sounds like personal experience talking. Our cars don't need service much and we

have a Ford dealer right down the street so we just pay their price for a little peace

of mind in return.

Edit; they will even come to our house and pick up the car(s) and bring them

back at no extra charge. Small town benefits.

Manny Moe and Crack. Firestoners. Jiffy Screwb. National Assault and Battery.

Love that small town service level my man - sure miss that.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)