Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I'm not much of a traveler apart from work and so I am pretty clueless about finding a golf spot we can go to

that has the best bang for the buck and is within reasonable proximity of most Grillesters.

I would defer to one of you who has traveled around playing golf and is familiar with how those stay and play

packages work.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Well here's an OGA way to chip.

http://www.barryrhod...ed-illegal.html

So typical of the knee-jerk reaction of the governing bodies... If they continue to keep this up they will govern the game out of existence or at least existence in the public forum.

There is more and more push to convert public courses in urban areas into park space to better cater to the majority of residents. While I was out on the west coast i was reading about the on-going debate surrounding reducing a city course in Vancouver from 18 holes to 9 in order to provide for more public parkland. It doesn't cost as much to maintain a park and it's usable by a larger percentage of the population.

WE have 54 holes of city golf courses here in my city and I won't be surprised to see that amount reduced over time perhaps to 2 venues only of 18 holes. The one 36 hole course is bisected by the conservation area rail trail system so you have non-golfers on the course already using the trail system. The golf venues had ski hills with lifts on them for winter use, but those were eventually removed for cost savings and a lack of use.

The only courses that are being built in this province are attached to a real estate development or part of a resort. The great expansion of golf along with other public sporting facilities has long since passed with monies being diverted to other pursuits with the private sector picking up the slack. They have no interest in making the game more accessible. Golf it would appear is returning to its roots as an exclusive game for the gentry.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Good song Sco! Now we gotta find Mister Sandman!

I did

[media=]

[/media]

Moving forward another decade or so...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Has anyone seen or heard from Sixty lately? He seems to be MIA (as have been a few others) since before I went on vacation. I hope that the epilepsy hasn`t been acting up again. :(

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I haven't heard from or encountered Sixty. Fella and Stu are posting in other threads but not here.

SLED Gemini

Funny you guys are mentioning those who have gone MIA.

Just yesterday I pulled out a scratch pad and listed screen names that sat with us almost daily. It was upwards of 25-30 different people from all over the world. During peak times the bottom of the screen would be filled as we bounced around various topics at the same time.

Why some of our more regular/veteran stalwarts opted out is anyone's guess. There was a time I'd send PMs and check on them. Lobs was a recent example. Contacted Wriggs recently. Have reached out to Fella in the past.

Not quite so inclined these days to do so for some reason. If this isn't someone's cup of tea anymore - I don't want to bug them about their choice to make a break for it. Have taken a few weeks off myself along the way now and then. If/when the day comes the Grille is down to a very small handful (and we're not far from it)... we can check in when we want (or not). I'm much more inclined nowadays to leave folks to their own choices about it. Good people normally come along as did Spooky for example and another peak eventually happens.

It is whatever it is on a given day. If Stu, Fella, and Sixty (most recent examples) never come back - we sure enjoyed our time with them while it lasted. It's 100% their call. Might be nice if they'd at least tell us they're feeling sort of done with this chaos, or maybe at least give us a nice farewell note... but that's not my call either. We all made it for a lot of years before the Grille came along and we'll all make if there comes her last day. We've done our best and it survived a few scud attacks but we sure have given it our all to survive entropy.

Well here's an OGA way to chip.

http://www.barryrhod...ed-illegal.html

So typical of the knee-jerk reaction of the governing bodies... If they continue to keep this up they will govern the game out of existence or at least existence in the public forum.

There is more and more push to convert public courses in urban areas into park space to better cater to the majority of residents. While I was out on the west coast i was reading about the on-going debate surrounding reducing a city course in Vancouver from 18 holes to 9 in order to provide for more public parkland. It doesn't cost as much to maintain a park and it's usable by a larger percentage of the population.

WE have 54 holes of city golf courses here in my city and I won't be surprised to see that amount reduced over time perhaps to 2 venues only of 18 holes. The one 36 hole course is bisected by the conservation area rail trail system so you have non-golfers on the course already using the trail system. The golf venues had ski hills with lifts on them for winter use, but those were eventually removed for cost savings and a lack of use.

The only courses that are being built in this province are attached to a real estate development or part of a resort. The great expansion of golf along with other public sporting facilities has long since passed with monies being diverted to other pursuits with the private sector picking up the slack. They have no interest in making the game more accessible. Golf it would appear is returning to its roots as an exclusive game for the gentry.

Scomacer the body politic behind the rules of golf have to know by now they've got a huge problem. There's at least some signals they're realizing this but IMHO they will sooner or later need to go ahead and establish competition rules of golf and just say right out loud what amounts to bifurcation of the rule book for Sunday golfers. Why that's such a horrible concept for them is beyond me but they must know the day is coming when they'll have no choice.

I remember vividly embracing the rule book when I wanted an established handicap. It was my way of knowing my cap was legit. But I can barely remember the last tourney of any kind I've entered where my legit handicap remotely mattered. Club members are one subset in this. True competition golf (various tours, collegiate, maybe high school teams (although I maintain that one is partly debatable)... that whole scene is a second subset. Then there's the rest of us... the overwhelming majority. Our subset is left to twist in the wind and bifurcation would solve that one. Have no clue what that notion is so abhorrent the the rule makers. It's as though most golfers just don't matter. Can you even imagine sitting on the USGA rule committee and suggesting bifurcation - and what eye-rolling that must be met with?

There's signs of life in them and that's encouraging, but sooner or later they're not going to be able to run and hide if they truly hope to grow the game.

As to the real estate and land use of golf courses... I see it too and agree. Be it owned and operated by local governments or private investors, there's always that chance someone does what the old song says... "Kill all the trees to put up a parking lot." One encouraging thing I'm noticing around here is the clubhouse was always this "thing" that was viewed by patrons as three things and three things ONLY.

A) A small counter space to pay for golf.

B) A small pro-shot to buy a shirt or hat...maybe the rarest customer bought clubs but RARELY.

C) A small counter space dedicated to snacks and drinks.

The rest of the square footage was used for heaven knows what...maybe nothing. Some of these clubhouses were two-story buildings and no one knew what took place up there. Empty and underused space all over the place. Encouragingly, I'm seeing such facilities used as a restaurant the whole community visits. A place for weddings and other functions. Some of these places around here have really woken up and are making really good use of their facilities and it's working! Golf has become ONE but not the ONLY thing the place is known for. Then there's there are those County owned and operated courses just trying to survive the budget crunch year after year... just waiting for a better use of the land to come along. No clue in the next decade what will become of them.

There's hope for the rule book. There's hope for many of the courses around here. There's also examples of just exactly what you point out. Time will tell where it all lands.

I'm sitting here in the truck eating a triple order of hash browns topped with country sausage gravy

from Waffle House. Totally disgusting and good!

LOL - If I haven't hit a Waffle House in the last year then I go to one just for the experience of it. I like sitting at the counter and watching "Flo" yell the order to "Mel" from five feet away. Then the fun begins. Mel is smashing the hash browns down hard to brown them as he flips and chops eggs, Uses that paint brush to butter toast. Flo yells in two more and Mel repeats back her order.

Keep waiting to hear, "Mel, Kiss my grits!"

Gotta hit a WH soon. Been a while.

Here in S Jersey we seem to have a tradition of breakfast houses. They open around 0500 and close around 1300. From my house to around my golf club I just counted 7 of them, and that doesn't count the 4 diners. They are all small and family owned and do a hell of a business especially during the summer when you add shore traffic to the local regulars. On most sat and sun mornings you will see lines coming out their doors. Their food is all killer, all homemade local interpretations of eggs, omelettes, homefries, and meat. One is famous for its creamed chipped beef, another for its homemade corned beef hash, and another for its fruit tarts and pies, etc. Never really thought about it, but these joints are a cool rustic touch to this neck of the woods. Quite often you will see a bunch of gnarly Harley riders enjoying breakfast right next to a soccer mom and dad with their kits (and usually the bikers are the more well behaved between the two).

Our church group goes out for breakfast on Sunday mornings at least once a month to a local golf course. They have a beautiful and roomy restaurant/bar area in the new clubhouse and it's virtually empty later Sunday mornings. The food is excellent and the price is better than many of the competing local restaurants.

Land use is a separate issue, but a non-starter with this particular club due to it's rural location and the fact that it's built along a flood plain, so would be zoned conservation/greenbelt. Urban based courses are another matter altogether, even those in designated areas where the call for multi-use is going to just keep growing.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Michael Kim is 27 under and still going. Atta-boy!

There'll always be comparing and contrasting setup of a major to be a "true test" - where just shooting par may not happen.

I personally can't 100% get on board with that. If it's possible to shoot 27 under, I noticed no one else was that low. Is it a bad thing if a low number is out there and someone gets it done?" Like Bill said once, do we want a major champion to be the one who played the best golf or just got the most lucky breaks?

No solving this debate, is there?

Funny you guys are mentioning those who have gone MIA.

Just yesterday I pulled out a scratch pad and listed screen names that sat with us almost daily. It was upwards of 25-30 different people from all over the world. During peak times the bottom of the screen would be filled as we bounced around various topics at the same time.

Why some of our more regular/veteran stalwarts opted out is anyone's guess. There was a time I'd send PMs and check on them. Lobs was a recent example. Contacted Wriggs recently. Have reached out to Fella in the past.

Not quite so inclined these days to do so for some reason. If this isn't someone's cup of tea anymore - I don't want to bug them about their choice to make a break for it. Have taken a few weeks off myself along the way now and then. If/when the day comes the Grille is down to a very small handful (and we're not far from it)... we can check in when we want (or not). I'm much more inclined nowadays to leave folks to their own choices about it. Good people normally come along as did Spooky for example and another peak eventually happens.

It is whatever it is on a given day. If Stu, Fella, and Sixty (most recent examples) never come back - we sure enjoyed our time with them while it lasted. It's 100% their call. Might be nice if they'd at least tell us they're feeling sort of done with this chaos, or maybe at least give us a nice farewell note... but that's not my call either. We all made it for a lot of years before the Grille came along and we'll all make if there comes her last day. We've done our best and it survived a few scud attacks but we sure have given it our all to survive entropy.

Still here Reasy, family birthday over the weekend so we have been busy, back to normal soon.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I'm sitting here in the truck eating a triple order of hash browns topped with country sausage gravy

from Waffle House. Totally disgusting and good!

LOL - If I haven't hit a Waffle House in the last year then I go to one just for the experience of it. I like sitting at the counter and watching "Flo" yell the order to "Mel" from five feet away. Then the fun begins. Mel is smashing the hash browns down hard to brown them as he flips and chops eggs, Uses that paint brush to butter toast. Flo yells in two more and Mel repeats back her order.

Keep waiting to hear, "Mel, Kiss my grits!"

Gotta hit a WH soon. Been a while.

Here in S Jersey we seem to have a tradition of breakfast houses. They open around 0500 and close around 1300. From my house to around my golf club I just counted 7 of them, and that doesn't count the 4 diners. They are all small and family owned and do a hell of a business especially during the summer when you add shore traffic to the local regulars. On most sat and sun mornings you will see lines coming out their doors. Their food is all killer, all homemade local interpretations of eggs, omelettes, homefries, and meat. One is famous for its creamed chipped beef, another for its homemade corned beef hash, and another for its fruit tarts and pies, etc. Never really thought about it, but these joints are a cool rustic touch to this neck of the woods. Quite often you will see a bunch of gnarly Harley riders enjoying breakfast right next to a soccer mom and dad with their kits (and usually the bikers are the more well behaved between the two).

Those breakfast houses sound outstanding! I love breakfast food but hate to cook in the AM. If I lived in your neck of the woods I'd weigh 400lbs for sure. There is literally nothing like that near me...the closest I come is Waffle House...lol...and while it is good. It isn't something I want everyday. Home cooked food like you're mentioning though IS something I'd want everyday!

On a different subject- Had a ball plug in a green yesterday, these greens are kept up pretty well IMO. Never had this happen before at this course- I guess I must have just come in behind the greenskeeper watering the green? I puled it out, placed it just left of the mark and played from there. What's the rule for a plugged ball when the weather conditions are good?

Supposedly you're given free relief for an embedded ball plugged in its own pitch mark in closely-mown areas through the green. It can be lifted, cleaned, and placed as near as possible to the spot where it lay not closer to the hole.

Enjoy Tol - thought maybe your wife got the call for the ablation thing. Birthday is also a great reason to celebrate so it's all good either way, right?

I was craving hash browns with sausage gravy tonight. That really hit the spot yesterday; probably because

I rarely eat stuff like that so it's somewhat of a treat I suppose.

I have my opinions about golf courses and land use, etc. It's a subject that could be talked about without end.

I played most of my golf with my dad on municipal golf courses. Many of them run by a parks and recreation

department in a city with a park adjacent to the course. These golf courses are used a lot and by many in my

experience. I've always viewed those courses in the same vein as a public library in the sense that these

places are subsidized willingly by the local taxpayers and are a perk of living within the city limits.

If a muni golf course makes a profit the prices are likely too high. The whole point of public facilities is that

they should be available for all to use for a nominal fee so that they are affordable for all.

I've seen some cities take great pride in their golf course(s) while others are content with a goat track. It all

boils down to the opinions of local municipal leadership.

Setting aside an area of land the city owns by providing green spaces, parks and activities such as tennis

and golf, picnic areas, etc. is a good thing IMO. The city in which I live now is far too small for such things

but I have lived in cities that had them and I used them quite a bit.

Looking at land strictly in the sense of revenue generation is a mistake in the long run and city residents

will eventually show their ire over it.

Having lived most of my life in Calif. I have seen the backlash that comes with over or excessive development

within a city's limits. Residents take to gathering signatures on petitions forcing the city politicians to allow

the local population to vote on building moratoriums, which usually are supported by most and become law.

Many cities in Calif. have building moratoriums. Residents grew tired of increasing traffic, crime, crowding

and loss of green spaces. City politicians were forced to get on board and do things like adding more parks

or trails, etc. to improve the quality of life for the residents.

When I read about land use, especially in the sense of revenue generation, tax base, etc. I can say the pols

will have their way with it up to a point that the voters will put a stop to the non stop money grab. I've seen

it happen many times when voters rise up and say enough.

SLED Gemini

Last one from here and we can (if you all want or care to) move to whatever else floats your own boat. Just kicking tires guys. This one will be it from moi about this goofy stuff for a while.

We've been talking about rounding the corner, and handle dragging and such things. As we all know all that goofiness is essentially about finding a smooth, natural way to compress that ball - ball-first type stuff. We could pick minutiae inside of it to death if we wanted in terms of how this "rounding the corner" thing allow the wrist to unhinge and swing the club around the body without one of those two goals ruining the other.

Fine. A million videos and words on the page could be batted around for decades but at the end of the day that's what such stuff is getting at.

Just showing a vid that I found which sums up something my instructor shared with me recently. He didn't show me the vid - but the lesson was pretty much what follows down to the last word. Old Reason had fallen a little too much in love with shaft-lean and late hit and all sorts of notions that are all well intended - but can slip into being too much of a good thing.

This is what he has me working on. LMAO - it's almost backwards to what I've spent a lot of time and energy avoiding. Notice it's basically about letting it release fully - little nuance about "posting up" to go with what the hands and arms are doing... but it's essentially about letting her fly versus any form of holding off.

Goofy game, isn't it? We work on ways to not release it too early and fall in love with the notion. Then it's about going ahead and letting go through the strike. Anywho - this is what the instructor wants me going for now. I was suddenly, and for the the first time in years hitting pushes with irons and push-slices with driver. Not typical ball flights for moi. Normally fight the opposite problem if anything. Goofy thing is, I'll fall in love with this one and he'll be dialing me back into the world I just abandoned.

Golf is HARD! lol

Back from a little weekend shirttail family reunion and trying to catch up so this may be now old news and out of context. But hey. Isn't that how we roll?

“I’m really trying to get the shaft to catch up to my right arm in a good extended position” or the hand shake position you talked about. Good vid there Judge.

Like you I tend to overdo the golf tips and have to dial it back. I think that is why the golf magazine and video tips often seem contradictory. Not every one needs the same medicine. A golf tip in a magazine can be just what some need and the opposite of what others may need. Thus articles that give opposite and contradictory advice. Good instructors can sort through that and only give you what YOU need.

As far as divots. I tend to be a picker and grass bruiser but not a digger. I blame my dad because when I was a kid I would chip and pitch all the way around the house on the lawn. He kept a nice lawn and I would be in trouble if I messed it up with divots. :) As far as using bounce or leading edge I am somewhat unsure of when to play which. I guess that starting about 80 yards I can take a full swing with my 58 and take a little shallow divot. That is my goal. I am not as consistent as I would like and can catch them heavy or thin. From about 50 in to 20 is where I am weak. If I make a good pivot I tend to hit it too far. I try to keep my lead upper arm connected to my peck on those shots but sometimes I take it back too far and decelerate. I use mostly my 54 and 58 but sometimes chip and run low ones with a PW, 9 or 8. If I don’t turn back and just use arms I can get the hossel rockets. I need more practice to get my confidence back on those tweener shots.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

snapback.pngReasonability, on 15 July 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

:stop:

Man what a sorry bunch you are that you would miss me, hahahaha... (dot dot dot) :dntknw:

I was telling bill in a pm that I have taken the longest vacation from work that I have ever had, just to see what retirement may be like. You know, sort of disappear from the world. No influence from anyone, just zip, and you're not active for a while. How would it affect you etc. Would you miss work? And, here, I didn't want any input, just wanted to think about it by myself (everybody has there own style). So, I think I will like it. I mean, there are some tough times, sleeping in is one, that would be a biggie...not going to any meetings, ew..there's another, might have to have some on my own, maybe in the garage...

I still have to analyze what else I may miss about work...wait a minute, no I don't :)

Carry on, I'm not going anywhere....

One morning I woke up and I knew you were really gone

A new day, a new way, and new eyes to see the dawn

Go your way, I'll go mine and carry on

Is that not the most perfectly poetic verse for a morning anthem? Had me up on my feet doing a jig and making me want to go and unearth my tattered copy of Deja Vu and spin it on the turntable! Thanks for posting this Sixty! :good:

My contribution this sultry morning:

What were you doing that summer almost 50 years ago? Seems like an appropriate question during this summer of tensions and discontent...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

One morning I woke up and I knew you were really gone

A new day, a new way, and new eyes to see the dawn

Go your way, I'll go mine and carry on

Is that not the most perfectly poetic verse for a morning anthem? Had me up on my feet doing a jig and making me want to go and unearth my tattered copy of Deja Vu and spin it on the turntable! Thanks for posting this Sixty! :good:

My contribution this sultry morning:

What were you doing that summer almost 50 years ago? Seems like an appropriate question during this summer of tensions and discontent...

LOL I was on an extended vacation in a sunny paradise in the Orient. Didn't see too many cities...did a lot of hiking and camping outdoors..the

rain was like a monsoon....well....it WAS the monsoon !! And this was the 2nd time I was allowed to have a full year of vacation in this

beautiful place. I was sooo happy that my country saw fit to send me there twice. By the time I heard anything about Woodstock,it was

already done and I was back in the ice and snow !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Question for grillsters:

How did we end up with the following phrases?:

Gaming

sick (meaning something is good)

murdered( meaning something is good)

rock it..meaning wearing or trying something

pull the trigger...meaning buy something...

did it all derive from the video games the younger people started playing 15 years ago,and now they are in their twenties

and early thirties?

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Question for grillsters:

Gaming

did it all derive from the video games the younger people started playing 15 years ago,and now they are in their twenties

and early thirties?

I think so. FWIW I think it has been 20 years or more since gaming consoles made an appearance. I remember #1 son getting his Gameboy and then we had a Nintendo console sometime after that, but all before the tech crash in 2000.

Not only does slang change with eras, but with geography too. I remember having to get a quick education on what all the various slang terms down under meant versus what was common here in NA such as jandals, chunder, good as, heaps, dag and godzone! The funny part about this is that when i looked at slang terms from the 30's & 40's none of them seemed strange to me as I had hear them all before as that was the lingo that my parents generation used.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I remember working in a gas station, and playing in a band, living in North Tonawanda NY. I had some friends who were going to Woodstock and asked me if I wanted to go. I said 'nah, it's not gonna be that big of a deal, besides I gotta work...'

:slow_en:

My cousin also turned down an offer to go down to Woodstock that summer as he was working driving a tractor for York Farms a big vegetable canner back in the day. I only met one person who went and he was the BIL of the girl I was dating in university. IIRC he didn't paint the most pleasing picture as they had to walk miles to get in and they never got close to the stage claiming ground a couple of hilltops over and then of course there was the rain... I think the most redeeming feature of the whole odyssey was simply being able to say you were there!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Wow, managed though all the backlog without being tooled.

Chipping I do not find too bad, I have two clubs I usually use a chipping wedge about 60* for the close in shots when I am trying to land soft and a 7 iron I use for chip and run shots from further back. Both have been fairly good when I play regular golf, I also use the chop shot from close in when there is longish grass. I find the chop shot extremely useful especially when the ball is against a ledge or on a steep hill.

Can’t remember the last time we had food away from home, buying out for me is too expensive, we sometimes calculate the cost of our meals at home and compare them with what our son pays when he goes out to lunch with his work friends, usually it’s about a third of the cost. I know it does not take into consideration the commercial cost of food prep.

Sons birthday this week, we always celebrate at week end so we can use the whole day, and then give another small present on the actual day if it is in the week. This way we can also have our favourite birthday breakfast which is,

Pancakes, bacon, maple syrup and plenty of fresh strawberries from the local farm. Place a candle on top of the pancake stack and the cake is not required so we also save on our consumption of calories.

As I have said before, retirement is fantastic, we are always busy, and never have enough time for everything we want to achieve. Today I managed most of my list, did not clip the dogs hair so that is the first job tomorrow. The main point about retirement is being able to set your own goals, not having to sign in, well that is incorrect because DW keeps me in check, but being able to say enough today and sit down with a glass of wine or whatever takes your fancy. Never been as content with life as I am now, and it’s bloody fantastic.

I am going to have to work at getting back to golf, not played for a while now, it’s too much stress being away and the possibility of a medical emergency. It’s six years ago now DW had a stroke from which she has made a full recovery, but the memory of watching it happen, it was late evening and waiting for the all clear is still firmly lodged in my mind. The ablation will also remove that worry as the AF is what caused the stroke.

Do not get me started on the golf rule experts, all my contact with them has been negative, the stupidity of some rules cannot be explained, it’s OK for the pros with all the assistance they have with interpretation and they still have mistakes, but as Reasy said why can we not have a two tier system. I have played with rule fanatics in social games an they make it uncomfortable with their anal interpritations, one person also carried a copy of the decisions book so he could clarify his interpritation.

The two tier system makes more sense for non professionals, the game would be much more enjoyable

Tomorrow, clip diog, move two chicken houses, clear grass from aroud lemon tree, start to chain saw next tree stump plant pot.

Have a good day Grillers, bed time for me.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I've never been an artist like you tol, but back in the 60's, I used to buy these pieces of wood that showed the grain, maybe 6X18 or so, and paint the natural grains of the wood each with a different psychedelic color, then you could put the pic under a black light, it was totally far out. People liked my whacko art... I usually gave them away.

Sixty we (dot dot dot) do miss you. Just want you to participate when you want versus laying a guilt trip on you about it. Glad you made a test drive through a little downtime. Heaven knows I'm no stranger to exactly that from time to time.

Woodstock - I was neither serving in the jungles fighting for those who opted to protest. Wasn't at a stage to even make the journey to protest those stuck in the jungle, either. But it's all prolly for the best. Something tells me a penicillin shot would have been the least of the consequences facing me in the aftermath. The brain back in those days was south of the belt. A mission to Woodstock would have definitely NOT been about the music or protest.

It is a little amazing that all took place on that scale before the days of social media. What a firestorm of "Have you heard? Everyone is going." kind of thing.

Question for grillsters:

Gaming

and early thirties?

Really churns up thought! Just love colorful language and analogies. My FIL (RIP) was a walking compendium of phrases I haven't heard before or since. "He's as screwed up as Hogan's goat." Which was to say a person is dazed, confused, or maybe ill, or drunk. Just saying dazed or drunk wasn't colorful enough for him. If one person asked him the whereabouts of someone else who had already left, he'd say, "That bird has already sh%t and flew." The man said stuff like this endlessly. He was a fountain of such things - most of them sarcastic. When the wife and I were dating, my mom and her dad met out in public. Mom was a little dolled-up for some sort of church thing or something. He looked at her and said, "Hey, you clean-up pretty good." It was a compliment in his mind. My mom is much more literal. LMAO she was totally insulted. Took me a while to talk her through that one.

Why or how the ones you've mentioned ever caught-on is really a good question.

Last one from here and we can (if you all want or care to) move to whatever else floats your own boat. Just kicking tires guys. This one will be it from moi about this goofy stuff for a while.

We've been talking about rounding the corner, and handle dragging and such things. As we all know all that goofiness is essentially about finding a smooth, natural way to compress that ball - ball-first type stuff. We could pick minutiae inside of it to death if we wanted in terms of how this "rounding the corner" thing allow the wrist to unhinge and swing the club around the body without one of those two goals ruining the other.

Fine. A million videos and words on the page could be batted around for decades but at the end of the day that's what such stuff is getting at.

Just showing a vid that I found which sums up something my instructor shared with me recently. He didn't show me the vid - but the lesson was pretty much what follows down to the last word. Old Reason had fallen a little too much in love with shaft-lean and late hit and all sorts of notions that are all well intended - but can slip into being too much of a good thing.

This is what he has me working on. LMAO - it's almost backwards to what I've spent a lot of time and energy avoiding. Notice it's basically about letting it release fully - little nuance about "posting up" to go with what the hands and arms are doing... but it's essentially about letting her fly versus any form of holding off.

Goofy game, isn't it? We work on ways to not release it too early and fall in love with the notion. Then it's about going ahead and letting go through the strike. Anywho - this is what the instructor wants me going for now. I was suddenly, and for the the first time in years hitting pushes with irons and push-slices with driver. Not typical ball flights for moi. Normally fight the opposite problem if anything. Goofy thing is, I'll fall in love with this one and he'll be dialing me back into the world I just abandoned.

Golf is HARD! lol

Back from a little weekend shirttail family reunion and trying to catch up so this may be now old news and out of context. But hey. Isn't that how we roll?

“I’m really trying to get the shaft to catch up to my right arm in a good extended position” or the hand shake position you talked about. Good vid there Judge.

Like you I tend to overdo the golf tips and have to dial it back. I think that is why the golf magazine and video tips often seem contradictory. Not every one needs the same medicine. A golf tip in a magazine can be just what some need and the opposite of what others may need. Thus articles that give opposite and contradictory advice. Good instructors can sort through that and only give you what YOU need.

As far as divots. I tend to be a picker and grass bruiser but not a digger. I blame my dad because when I was a kid I would chip and pitch all the way around the house on the lawn. He kept a nice lawn and I would be in trouble if I messed it up with divots. :) As far as using bounce or leading edge I am somewhat unsure of when to play which. I guess that starting about 80 yards I can take a full swing with my 58 and take a little shallow divot. That is my goal. I am not as consistent as I would like and can catch them heavy or thin. From about 50 in to 20 is where I am weak. If I make a good pivot I tend to hit it too far. I try to keep my lead upper arm connected to my peck on those shots but sometimes I take it back too far and decelerate. I use mostly my 54 and 58 but sometimes chip and run low ones with a PW, 9 or 8. If I don’t turn back and just use arms I can get the hossel rockets. I need more practice to get my confidence back on those tweener shots.

Scotee I'm about ready to swear on a stack that you and I are these two intrepid travelers on the journey who may have never met but suffer incredible parallels as we continue to learn and give it our best shot. There's been multiple times in all this I've wondered if I'm the only golfer in the universe going through the twists and turns of consistency and hopefully a little better play. It's amazing when you chime in how we've both scratched out heads about the same stuff - repeatedly. Thanks for sharing! Good stuff!

Question for grillsters:

Gaming

and early thirties?

Really churns up thought! Just love colorful language and analogies. My FIL (RIP) was a walking compendium of phrases I haven't heard before or since. "He's as screwed up as Hogan's goat." Which was to say a person is dazed, confused, or maybe ill, or drunk. Just saying dazed or drunk wasn't colorful enough for him. If one person asked him the whereabouts of someone else who had already left, he'd say, "That bird has already sh%t and flew." The man said stuff like this endlessly. He was a fountain of such things - most of them sarcastic. When the wife and I were dating, my mom and her dad met out in public. Mom was a little dolled-up for some sort of church thing or something. He looked at her and said, "Hey, you clean-up pretty good." It was a compliment in his mind. My mom is much more literal. LMAO she was totally insulted. Took me a while to talk her through that one.

Why or how the ones you've mentioned ever caught-on is really a good question.

Alright grillers, here it is. The Foley list. Warning: some of them will make you double over, and some of them contain very un-pc language. But we're all adults here. Enjoy!

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)