Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

The network very clearly agrees with you Rad. And they sure don't call me each time his contract is up for renewal - lol.

Don't know why but I'm sitting here reminded of sports reporter Jim Grey who's career was bent when he trashed Pete Rose. Dixie Chicks come to mind.

If you're in position to hold a million+ peoples attention and you opt to trash icons or ideology - there's a tipping point and many do not ever recover from it. Some miraculously do.

I heard Brandel is picking Tiger. I never thought I would see that. I'll have to find the video of

that and watch it to make sure it's not an internet rumor.

But there's another perfect example of a PR move. Brandel bashed the living crap out of Tiger, so badly, he had to come on-air and apologize for it. It nearly cost him his whole career. So what does he do now? He jumps on the bandwagon and embraces Tiger - couldn't be more complimentary. If someone hand't put a boot up his arse, he would never be caught alive showing Tiger one ounce of respect.

Nobilo, Lerner, lots of them are class acts in my worthless opine. Brandle is a mute button waiting to happen around here.

My wife says he has a nice head of hair...

:rolleyes:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I’ve got Tommy Fleetwood winning the Open.

He was in my pool of picks as well along with Mark Leishman and Ricky Fowler and Adam Scott as a darkhorse. Drew a complete blank with my US Open picks, but did have the winner at Augusta with Patrick Reed FWIW.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Got 9 in today. Nothing great...nothing lousy...the really good thing was that I was out there on a fantastic afternoon...temps in low 80's..

the most beautiful blue sky... geese flying ...hawks hunting...deer all over...wild turkeys on one green......and the course was almost deserted.

Got some practice in...driver about a 6...irons a 7....i was lazy and enjoying the fresh air,,wasn't worried about the scorecard...

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Dont know how you guys feel about him..but when i heard Joe Bucks voice on the ballgame last night,I actually turned the mute on...

for some reason he just grates on me....some really really stupid comments no matter what sport they put him on..

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Any thoughts on the driver testing at the Open.? Was Rory correct that TM was singled out? 16 out of 30 were TM......seems like he has a point, especially as he isn’t one to bring the drama.

Hmm...I wonder if something will be coming down the line regarding a non-standard face as is the case with TM's Twist Face technology. I didn't think much of it when it first came out based largely on how inconsistent Rick Shiels was in his testing, but damn that stuff seems to work based on what I've seen with results on tour! If I was in playing form I'd have probably already gone to a fitting for an M4 as I live close to a TM Fitting Centre. Can't say that I'm in love with the $500 price tag though! The way I have things figured, if TM really does have something that's good for the average Joe, then the USGA will be sure to find a way to declare it non-conforming! :wacko:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We all know of Usane Bolt I take it, the very fast Olympic runner. He now wants a new career playing soccer, he has had trials with two pro organisations that have turned him down now he has set his sights on Australian soccer. He is to be given a six week trial during which time he will be expected to play up to standard, this is funny because normally you have to be up to standard before they will look at you. If after this time they think he will make it in the second rate Australian soccer scene because they are not really world class, he will be offered a contract which is said to be five times the average paid to present players. The club will not be able to afford his contract so they will be asking for donations to help pay him, from the soccer federation and anyone else silly enough to part with it.

Is it me or can anyone else see that this will not be a viable financial deal for soccer, it is on its backside and the extra revenue required to pay this man will never come from the public turning up to watch the game, stadiums are half empty now.

Why cannot these retired sports people just retire and make their money from appearances on the TV and the occasional sports interview, they push their way into totally unrelated sports and the gullible public and sporting organisations fall for it.

Rant over

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I heard Brandel is picking Tiger. I never thought I would see that. I'll have to find the video of

But there's another perfect example of a PR move. Brandel bashed the living crap out of Tiger, so badly, he had to come on-air and apologize for it. It nearly cost him his whole career. So what does he do now? He jumps on the bandwagon and embraces Tiger - couldn't be more complimentary. If someone hand't put a boot up his arse, he would never be caught alive showing Tiger one ounce of respect.

Nobilo, Lerner, lots of them are class acts in my worthless opine. Brandle is a mute button waiting to happen around here.

God love her heart for it, but I have to say my wife would cast her vote for President to the candidate with the best hair. I think "coolest spouse" might be right up there on her list.

Got 9 in today. Nothing great...nothing lousy...the really good thing was that I was out there on a fantastic afternoon...temps in low 80's..

the most beautiful blue sky... geese flying ...hawks hunting...deer all over...wild turkeys on one green......and the course was almost deserted.

Got some practice in...driver about a 6...irons a 7....i was lazy and enjoying the fresh air,,wasn't worried about the scorecard...

There's no explaining the serenity of getting in a round like this. It's such a perfect way to drink it all in and escape from it all.

You'll love this one. True story. I was in a semi-private course clubhouse about ten years ago. Stopped by their "grill" to get a bite and sit with some golfers on the way home from work. Midway through a sandwich the seat next to me is filled by a guy who had recently won the low-gross club championship. His name was on a little brass plate right under past champs. He remarked that he didn't see me play in that year's competition. I remember saying that golf was becoming more and more about a quiet non-competition round and enjoying the sights.

He pointed at his name on the brass plate on the wall and said, "What's the point?"

And I pointed at his name on the brass plate on the wall and said, "Exactly."

LMAO!

Dont know how you guys feel about him..but when i heard Joe Bucks voice on the ballgame last night,I actually turned the mute on...

for some reason he just grates on me....some really really stupid comments no matter what sport they put him on..

He's not the old man that's for sure! That said, Joe's probably the ideal p-b-p guy for the three true outcomes game as it's all as boring as hell!! :nea:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Found a ball the other day whilst looking for one of my unguided missiles.

Logo said

Lake Spanaway G.C.

The ball wasn't in great shape, but wanted to bring it home and Google this course I'd never heard of.

Its 2,823 miles away. Tocoma Washington.

Somebody hit a really long drive! No wonder they're checking drivers these days. Really tagged that one!

Logo said

Lake Spanaway G.C.

The ball wasn't in great shape, but wanted to bring it home and Google this course I'd never heard of.

Somebody hit a really long drive! No wonder they're checking drivers these days. Really tagged that one!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

God love her heart for it, but I have to say my wife would cast her vote for President to the candidate with the best hair. I think "coolest spouse" might be right up there on her list.

There's no explaining the serenity of getting in a round like this. It's such a perfect way to drink it all in and escape from it all.

You'll love this one. True story. I was in a semi-private course clubhouse about ten years ago. Stopped by their "grill" to get a bite and sit with some golfers on the way home from work. Midway through a sandwich the seat next to me is filled by a guy who had recently won the low-gross club championship. His name was on a little brass plate right under past champs. He remarked that he didn't see me play in that year's competition. I remember saying that golf was becoming more and more about a quiet non-competition round and enjoying the sights.

He pointed at his name on the brass plate on the wall and said, "What's the point?"

And I pointed at his name on the brass plate on the wall and said, "Exactly."

LMAO!

I totally agree. For me these days golf is about hitting some nice drives, a few plush irons, and getting some pars. That's about it. I don't feel the need to put $60 on the line to get a thrill out of playing golf anymore.

Logo said

Lake Spanaway G.C.

That is just crazy Reason! My SIL played a US Am qualifier there yesterday. There were only 2 spots and he missed out but I was just talking to him about it. I have played there several times. It's a well worn muni that gets a lot of play. Noah said it was not in the best condition for a qualifier. He drove up from Portland and stayed with my brother near there.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Interesting comments by Crossfield that strikes a chord with me. What if you don't have spin to give back to the course? This is an important question that I'm not really seeing being addressed with current club design trends. It's all about reducing spin to gain distance.

For me, the driver tech from 5 years ago was tough enough to deal with as a low spin player and now they're taking it one step further with these hollow irons! None of it really works for me as my distance with driver was maxed out years ago in what is currently considered a high spin design in the TM R7 425 from 2005!

The only solution that a player such as myself is being presented with is to go lighter and longer in a vain attempt to generate more swing speed, but all that manages to do is try and stop the decline that current design trends are creating. It strikes me as ironic that Ping came into existence as Karsten Solheim worked to create designs that would help the average player. They've really started to abandon those tenets in recent iterations. :(

The average player I think is their target, trying to persuade us we can all be tour players. I am with you, most of us are more interested in accuracy than distance, I know my game is better for not trying to smash the ball further.

My game is better when I do one thing concerning accuracy, and that's get as full of a turn as possible. That doesn't mean a high or deep Bubba back swing of course, just a better turn. It slows me down, sets a better rhythm, brings me back to the ball more square, and sets the stage for a proper follow through. It never fails, if I don't do a better turn I can immediately see it in my accuracy. But when I do I can see it every time. The other thing it does for me is it seems to give me more height in my iron shots which I prefer. It also allows the lower body to clear better first and get the hands out ahead of the face of the club instead of casting. Works for me, plus I don't I don't turn the right shoulder up and to the left afterward at the follow through with the shoulders which I have a bad tendency to do, keeps the right shoulder under for me. I've had some corny bad habits if I let them seep in... So I try to make sure to get a good turn turn turn...

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZEYW2ROKK8[/media]

:good: Turn the mass

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Don't know if anyone will be paying attention but since it's on later in the day...…...Barbasol Championship.

I like the opposite field/lesser events. Most of the big names are not there, of course, but nevertheless

there's a lot of drama as guys battle for Fedex points to keep their tour cards or get their tour cards. And

in many cases a player will win and the win will, literally, change their life.

For a lot of these guys; they won't get into these last 2 majors or the remaining Bridgestone WGC, so

these last few remaining lesser events before the playoffs are the last chances they will get to make hay

and secure a job for next year. It's go time.

What would be funny is if somehow Brittany wins it---- I can see the Tour Talk Forum lighting up now like a Broadway show

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

granpa always said Youth is wasted on the young. A man of deep thoughts.

course he also said anything named Yahoo was never gonna make a dime,so he sunk a load of money into Enron.

Kinda like my old man--- He told the young Ping rep that the Anser putter was a ugly POS and would never sell--- He did let him leave 5 of them on consignment and they sold out with in 3 days

Just a theory FWIW.

We put a sexy new club in hand. We SWING it with light grip pressure. We LET it do the work. We FEEL it doing its thing. We EXPERIENCE it and let it do whatever it was designed to do. Our hands are light on it's handle and we sense it's feedback. We even HEAR it.

After a little honeymoon period we might tend to pull the plugs on all of the above and slip into forcing it to do what we want - grip gets tighter and less sensitive to feedback. We stop hearing it. It's now an ugly baby.

New sticks can awaken our senses. An old faithful can be re-awakened, too even if it means it sits in a dark closet for a little spell while we get our own head out of our arse long enough to appreciate it again.

Now my sticks hold meetings with each other when I'm not around. They plan and scheme which end of the bag is going to get a little wonky for a while. They MUST have a picture of my putter with a goat or something cause there's every indication they've blackmailed her into submission. :haha:

It's OK though. Tomorrow's Plan B attack mode continues. Added weight this eve. (actually scotch taped a quarter on the backside flange). We're going to find (renew) some FEEL in that old girl. if I can't get that honeymoon revived, she's going to be sorry she listened to the other sticks. She and I had a nice talk this eve and she knows the deal!

Has anyone seen my lollipop? Elvis was here five minutes ago - on a blue pogo stick. It made a fart sound every time he hopped around the clock. Did I mention my putter has a quarter taped to it? .

I know exactly what you're saying Judge. I have always fell for that sexy young thing after my current sticks started getting a little worn. It was like clockwork - every 4 years or so. I told my Mac VIPs that it was true love forever but into the closet they went when I met this beautiful creature named Mac MT Pro MB. So that shows how I must have finally found true love with my W/S blades, as I have had them for about 10 years now. And even though they are a bit shopworn, every time I pull one of them (esp the long irons), I still think how beautiful they are and still feel the confidence from those little butter knives. I have pretty much kept the same index (guesstimated for the last couple years) since I bought them. Plus, I have a new unused backup set waiting! So I think I'm pretty much done buying irons thank goodness. It was a bit stressful kind of like being in the dating scene...

Kinda like me--- I am not buying any new stuff--- The Macs in my signature are darn near new and besides I have 9 more sets of Macs--- I just have to do some shaft changing that's all. But I do have a set of MP-68s and that set of 2013 Callys too. I feel the same way about VIPs , FCs and Diamondbacks like you feel about the WS blades and then there is my 2 sets of Hogans too

Now that’s my type of golf. Bet you would have had a good score if you kept count.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Just a theory FWIW.

We put a sexy new club in hand. We SWING it with light grip pressure. We LET it do the work. We FEEL it doing its thing. We EXPERIENCE it and let it do whatever it was designed to do. Our hands are light on it's handle and we sense it's feedback. We even HEAR it.

After a little honeymoon period we might tend to pull the plugs on all of the above and slip into forcing it to do what we want - grip gets tighter and less sensitive to feedback. We stop hearing it. It's now an ugly baby.

New sticks can awaken our senses. An old faithful can be re-awakened, too even if it means it sits in a dark closet for a little spell while we get our own head out of our arse long enough to appreciate it again.

Now my sticks hold meetings with each other when I'm not around. They plan and scheme which end of the bag is going to get a little wonky for a while. They MUST have a picture of my putter with a goat or something cause there's every indication they've blackmailed her into submission. :haha:

It's OK though. Tomorrow's Plan B attack mode continues. Added weight this eve. (actually scotch taped a quarter on the backside flange). We're going to find (renew) some FEEL in that old girl. if I can't get that honeymoon revived, she's going to be sorry she listened to the other sticks. She and I had a nice talk this eve and she knows the deal!

Has anyone seen my lollipop? Elvis was here five minutes ago - on a blue pogo stick. It made a fart sound every time he hopped around the clock. Did I mention my putter has a quarter taped to it? .

I know exactly what you're saying Judge. I have always fell for that sexy young thing after my current sticks started getting a little worn. It was like clockwork - every 4 years or so. I told my Mac VIPs that it was true love forever but into the closet they went when I met this beautiful creature named Mac MT Pro MB. So that shows how I must have finally found true love with my W/S blades, as I have had them for about 10 years now. And even though they are a bit shopworn, every time I pull one of them (esp the long irons), I still think how beautiful they are and still feel the confidence from those little butter knives. I have pretty much kept the same index (guesstimated for the last couple years) since I bought them. Plus, I have a new unused backup set waiting! So I think I'm pretty much done buying irons thank goodness. It was a bit stressful kind of like being in the dating scene...

Kinda like me--- I am not buying any new stuff--- The Macs in my signature are darn near new and besides I have 9 more sets of Macs--- I just have to do some shaft changing that's all. But I do have a set of MP-68s and that set of 2013 Callys too. I feel the same way about VIPs , FCs and Diamondbacks like you feel about the WS blades and then there is my 2 sets of Hogans too

It’s funny reading your posts about the club collection, sounds as if half of your Home is used to store them. Hobbies have a way of taking over.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Dang I missed a lot yesterday... As far as the Open, sorry he's already teed off, but I like Danny Willet. Plus the weather favors early starters today and late starters tomorrow which he is. Also, before he coiffures, I'm not picking Brandel, but he's ok though I guess, just has a different way of doing things.

Logo said

Lake Spanaway G.C.

That is just crazy Reason! My SIL played a US Am qualifier there yesterday. There were only 2 spots and he missed out but I was just talking to him about it. I have played there several times. It's a well worn muni that gets a lot of play. Noah said it was not in the best condition for a qualifier. He drove up from Portland and stayed with my brother near there.

Up early to watch the Open. A trip to that part of our world and play such courses is on the bucket list.

Yea, that ball thing is totally out of the blue. Crazy coincidence.

Here she is. A little worse for wear.

Ball looks good for being that old .....sorta like us...some age gracefully...others not so much !

third day in a row this afternoon....this golfing thing could become a habit....

back to the Doctor tomorrow....my post -op two year check up...i can tell him everything is just great.

I am walking...breathing...looking down at the grass instead of up at roots...and i can still get out and play golf

with only a little loss of distance from two years ago.

Hey Stu..or Reason or Rad or anybody....not that I really care....but why would the One Length Cobra's be almost a full club shorter across the set?

Just a curiosity thingie....wondering if its because of the loft-lie-gapping situation...

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Here's the thing I don't understand about one length irons:

They all have the same shaft length -- 37 1/2" I think -- even the hybrid, but the lie angle keeps getting flatter as you go through the bag from the hybrid down to the SW. How does that promote the same swing from one club to the next because you're having to bend over quite substantially when using the wedges. That will lead to quite a bit steeper swing plane than what you would have with the hybrid even though they all have the same length shaft. It's like a shell game; they're the same length, but the aren't as each degree of lie angle change is the same as 1/2" in length in terms of how you would address the ball. I would go so far as to infer that this method leads to even more variation in swing plane than the standard length and lie angle progressions of a conventional set. :huh:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Time for a grumpy old man rant!

I have a niece and nephew that live not far away. She's a HS teacher and he is a steam fitter. They have good jobs and make good money. They live in a real nice newer house that she always has her hubby working on to recreate the latest Pinterest project. I remember when they bought it. It was the builder's model, so had plenty of upgrades. (Perfect example of why spending on upgrades before you sell a property is folly because you have no idea what the tastes of the new owner will be.) They couldn't afford it without the help of her parents who chipped in and then paid for an in-law suite to be built in the basement. (Mom and Dad have a condo in Florida so they're only up here for half the year.)

My niece lives her life on FB for everyone to see. She's in her mid thirties, has two boys and they're always dressed matchy matchy! I tell you ever since school went out for the summer she's got the latest adventure they were on. Cottage weekends in the Muskokas, exclusive concerts and expensive overnights in TO, now it's off to Mexico for I don't know how long! Who the heck goes to Mexico in the summer?! I mean WTF, it's like I'm an observer to the world's biggest oneupmanship contest or some such thing! I swear that she spends money like she has none! (A phrase that an old friend uses to describe spendthrifts.) I don't know. Maybe they're independently wealthy or maybe they won the lottery, but you'd think that she would have taken out an add if she had... When is enough, enough? We're doomed is this is typical of society in this day and age!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I'm going to need LOTS of help as to why the Cobra Single Lengths would be about a club shorter. I will take go as far as I can at the risk of getting in WAY over my head.

* It's a little telling when your distance loss is across-the-board. I "think" they're made to a little over 37" long? That says that at least that lone iron number in both sets that share that same length "should be" about the same. And if it's not, that right there would tell me the shaft in the Cobras is perhaps a little suspect were it me.

* Also about the shafts. I "think" the Cobras come standard with KBS Tour shafts? This just me and won't apply to everyone but the KBS Tour inside my swing is OK for wedges and the shortest clubs, but for whatever reason they don't work for me in less lofted clubs at all.

Before making it all about the shafts and shafts only...

* In theory - the same setup posture up and down through the set means you need the same ball position as well. If your setting up with the ball a little too forward or back, you'll lose distance and the trajectory might seem a little too high or low as well. If you're more of a sweeper or "picker" it may be harder for you to know for sure about this one. If you tend to take at least a little bit of divot you'd know if your divots start just under or after the ball (ideal) versus before the ball (fat shot). A shade fat, and they give up distance every time no matter who makes the shaft.

* I don't know about the lofts of your two sets - clueless. Are they the same?

Now here comes the part that could go deep and start lobbing out techno speak. So I'm going to say it in as plain-spoken terms as I can muster.

If it were me personally, I'd want my Single Length clubs to mirror the exact same LIE angle of WHATEVER CLUB LENGTH that set matches in my variable length clubs and I'd personally be all over making sure that's the case. Let's say all the Single Lengths are just about right where my standard 7-iron length is. BUT if it turns out all the lie angles are set significantly upright compared to my standard 7 iron, then I just found out that the ONLY swing that will work on those sticks is what's called a "single plane swing". Bryson DeChambeau has a single plane swing. He setup up with the handle higher off the ground than a "two-plane" swinger. As seen from down-the-line, his shaft and lead arm fly along the same plane pretty much from start to finish. There MIGHT be a little bit of an angle as seen down-the-line between his hanging lead arm and the shaft but not as much as other golfers. He gets that shaft and lead arm flying on the same plane going back and KEEPS them that way to the finish.

His lie angles are significantly upright and would NOT be the same as the 7 iron found on "standard" clubs.

So in plain English - if it happens to turn out your Single Length irons do all share the length of a common 6 or 7 iron - they'd BETTER have the same lie angle as that 6 or 7 iron also. If it turns out they're all bent upright by more than a few degrees, they're set up for a single plane swing which you probably are NOT swinging. If your swing is anything at all like mine, your hanging arms at address don't lift the handle requiring an upright lie angle, and you most likely don't purposefully swing on a plane where the shaft really never leaves the plane your lead arm swings along from start to finish. I'd have that checked were it me. If the lie angles don't match your swing style - you are absolutely going to lose distance. What's more, you'd probably notice a lot of weak shots a little off the toe of the club. Your typical miss would start off to the right and over time you might be tempted to really flip that toe of the club past the heel through impact to compensate resulting in pulls and lower hooks.

BTW - Moe Norman was also a single plane swinger - just like Bryson. And his clubs were Single Length as well - and also upright.

Single Length irons are something I personally would like to try. BUT - I'd make sure my lie angles all match whatever "standard" lie angles would be for that length. If its a 7 iron length the for me I want a 7 iron lie angle as well versus a 7 iron length with a 3 iron lie angle. Why? Cause my swing doesn't operate on a purely single plane basis.

Now I say all this and have no idea Bill if your swing is more single-plane or not. So a little time on a lie board at a golf shop would be one way to get this checked out if you're at all curious about it.

Summary - I'd check the lie angles first and then the shafts. You shouldn't be losing all that much distance but clearly you are. This is how I'd go about solving the mystery.

SPECIFICATIONS

STOCK SET COMPOSITION - 7 Clubs

• One Hybrid: 5H (Graphite), Six Irons: 6-PW, GW (Graphite)

Club Loft / Trajectory

Settings Length* Swing Weight Stock

Flex RH/LH 5 H 25° 37.50" D0 S, R, Lite RH/LH

Iron Loft Lie Offset

(mm) Graphite

Length* Steel

Length* Graphite

Swing Weight Steel

Swing Weight RH/LH 6 25.5° 63.0° 4.4 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH 7 29.5° 62.5° 4.0 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH 8 34.0° 62.5° 3.7 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH 9 39.0° 62.5° 3.4 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH PW 44.0° 62.0° 2.9 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH GW 49.0° 61.5° 1.0 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH

*Lengths based on COBRA CONNECT gripped length. Standard gripped length will be .25" shorter.

There you go Reasy. (Apologies for the horrendous formatting as It looked fine on my clipboard.) The above is the specs for the F8 One Length hybrid iron combo set. As you can see the length is the same throughout the entire set, but as you have pointed out the long clubs are more upright than normal for the length of shaft while the wedges are quite a bit flatter effectively reducing the length of the shaft in the swing forcing a change in posture. I don't get it. This inverse lie angle progression doesn't make any sense to me.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Thanks Reason ! Well thought out and presented. I am losing almost 7 yards a club...across the set.

Compared the 5,7, and 8 from mine with my old set of callaways and also against my brothers Mizuno Ezees

Before I started on this experiment,my 7 iron was a very predictable 153/157...every time...never varied except for

my hitting the big ball too soon occasionally ! The one lengths have my 7I down down to the 147/150 mark...i just accepted it and reset my distances accordingly...today..i hit the one length 7 iron....laser check at 145/147/148/144.....callaway....155/157/154/159....mizzies 158/158/160/1all laser checked...i was putting some good swings on them....nice day...no wind...reference your lie comments I have noticed on the sole of the One Lengths,the ground scuff marks/dirt and such is more in the middle to the hosel....not towards the toe at all...on none of them.The flight is good...direction was usually 10 yards right or more...so i adjusted my set up to allow for that....with the callaway/Mizzy today...did not correct...aimed for the pin...pretty much on line..guess maybe the lie on the Cobras may be out of whack?

started out getting warmed up...after that hit 5 with each club before i started the test....so i tried to give each a full chance..

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

SPECIFICATIONS

STOCK SET COMPOSITION - 7 Clubs

• One Hybrid: 5H (Graphite), Six Irons: 6-PW, GW (Graphite)

Club Loft / Trajectory

Settings Length* Swing Weight Stock

Flex RH/LH 5 H 25° 37.50" D0 S, R, Lite RH/LH

Iron Loft Lie Offset

(mm) Graphite

Length* Steel

Length* Graphite

Swing Weight Steel

Swing Weight RH/LH 6 25.5° 63.0° 4.4 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH 7 29.5° 62.5° 4.0 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH 8 34.0° 62.5° 3.7 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH 9 39.0° 62.5° 3.4 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH PW 44.0° 62.0° 2.9 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH GW 49.0° 61.5° 1.0 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH

*Lengths based on COBRA CONNECT gripped length. Standard gripped length will be .25" shorter.

There you go Reasy. The above is the specs for the F8 One Length hybrid iron combo set. As you can see the length is the same throughout the entire set, but as you have pointed out the long clubs are more upright than normal for the length of shaft while the wedges are quite a bit flatter effectively reducing the length of the shaft in the swing forcing a change in posture. I don't get it. This inverse lie angle progression doesn't make any sense to me.

Yea we're going to need a club building expert to get us through this question. Maybe PD or Stu or Fella can get us there.

In effect, a golfer is farther away from the ball with his PW for example. But, he's likewise closer to the ball with his 4 iron. So I at first wondered if it's that issue figuring into it. Hybrids for example are often not really long-shafted clubs and are a little more upright since we stand a little closer.

I dunno - this is getting above my pay grade - lol. I'm just about out of bullets and don't mind confessing as much.

Logic, common sense, and golf don't always go hand-in-hand. Old Reason is plenty capable of running out of reason.

I don't have any personal dealings with Tom Wishon. He and I spoke respectfully one time inside of one thread for all of ten minutes.

What I do know is that he fits golfers one club at a time to build them a set. So that says the length, lie angles, static weight, swing weight... It ends up being whatever progression(s) across all-the-above it needs to be to produce the yardage gaps needed with the most reliable and consistent ball flights - one club at a time.

The answer so often given to fitting clubs versus fixing the swing is, "Yes". Kind of vague as to which is the chicken or the egg. Does anyone doubt that better fitting clubs greatly enhance whatever our motion is (or isn't)? Does anyone doubt the best fitting clubs can't prevent a lousy shot?

So far on my own journey - There were three true "Ah-ha" moments when it comes to equipment.

The first one came along many moons ago when an instructor saw my divots were deeper on the toe side. He kept my clubs for a day or two and handed them back to me bent a little upright. I didn't know or understand what he'd done and he knew I was brain dead about equipment and so he just did it and told me later what he'd done and why. But it made an immediate difference.

Secondly - Ping started putting out those charts that told us which "dot" color to select. I was a blue-dot guy. Ball striking also noticably improved from day one.

Third was getting my head out of the sand and learning to at least try different shafts. The dispersion of misses left or right tightened up noticeably.

I can still fly one badly - embarrassingly so on occasion. But equipment-wise those were the only three times I can honestly say an undeniable change in my game almost overnight.

Blades, MAWBS, CBs, Combo sets with a little of both.... a stinker is still a stinker. A good one is still a good one. I might experience it a little different from one clubhead style to the other but it's always been a little less about that all by itself (for me) and much more about the overall fit of the shaft, the right length, and lie angles when it comes to irons.

But that's just me. We've all heard the proclamations as to what constitutes the "perfect" golf club (if there is any such thing - lol).

As the dinner bell chimes I'll leave a putting project update.

Longer shaft and fatter handle? Meh. Didn't blow my skirt up. It was frankly a touch better than I expected but it didn't do much. There's a raft of pretty firm ideas in this head as to the overall length and fit of a putter that works a little better and this idea just doesn't do it. But at least I can say I spent a full 90 minutes truly trying to see if maybe something outside of my usual mindset fits the bill. Longer shaft and fatter handle is not going to do it.

Tomorrow - Again in the name of at least trying - will go test a variety of putters at the store. I never was too keen on getting lost in an ocean of options but to not scratch and sniff at least a little, I'll find some that meet the overall length and go for a variety of heads and neck designs just to see what's out there. LMAO I've never putted on a green that rolls like those carpeted store layouts but what the heck. Will give it an honest try.

REALLY need to get after better green reading habits. When I was a kid my Dad would stand next to me and toss golf balls underhanded to various targets on the practice green. "Now watch what they do. You'll learn to read them when you first learn to see what they actually do."

Maybe it's time to go out there with a couple dozen balls and just watch what they do without even taking the putter? Can't say I've ever seen anyone do this but that's how Dad first got me to "see" a putt.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)