Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Thanks STU. I can't claim that the weight loss was part of any grand plan even though my former doc would gently suggest that I could do with a few less pounds off the belly. They just kind of fell away once I started walking everyday. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the winter. My old golfing buddy Dave is swimming at the YMCA now since he retired, so I may join him a couple of times a week. Once the snow starts flying there's no real opportunity to walk around here as we don't have a sidewalk, but that only really effects 3 months and its a long ways off.

Yeah it can be tough not to mention cold walking around in all that snow you guys get. Remember back in my real trucking days I have been there in the winter. Let a friend of mine in the UP of Michigan talk me into coming up there one December and go Moose hunting with them. Froze my butt off and never saw a Moose. What a memorable trip though. Drove up in my 78 Corvette (last one I owned). Stopped outside of Chicago and bought 2 studded snow tires for the rear. Went all the way to Rock Hill SC with them. A buddy of mine and I got sorta plastered and spun them off throwing sparks in front of the house. Wore them to the cords. All that vibration and the steel studs coming off cracked both fenders over the wheel wells. I think I spent close to $2500 getting that car re fiberglassed and the whole car painted. But it was fun. At the time I lived way out in the country and had a private paved road so we were not on public streets. In fact it was his house and I was single at the time and stayed at his and his wife's house when I was not on the road or in Florida. Like I said in a previous post at one time I made and spent a lot of money a lot foolishly. But it was fun. Yeah sometimes when I look back at stunts like that when I blew money out my rear so to speak I think you dumbarse you could have been retired now--- But like I said it was fun and honestly I have no regrets

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Never felt comfortable with shirt tucked in and have no problems at my local course. There are some Brisbane courses that demand you purchase club socks before they let you on the course. They also have a GPS monitor on the carts, it’s a cart only course and they contact you by the on board radio if you are playing too slow, take no notice and they throw you off the course no matter how far round you are, they also deduct one stroke per warning in a comp round. They seem to enjoy upsetting players.

Well screw em I would not play there---- The sock thing would be the deal breaker for me

You were talking in a previous post about my club collection--- Yeah it takes a lot of room lucky it is just the wife the little dog and I. I have them stuffed in the front bed room closet and the room itself in the shop out back plus I have a rented storage unit across the street.

Man! Some flat bellied boys are in this joint. Well played guys. You're going to be around for a longer pony ride and feel better in the process.

Getting a shirt to stay tucked in - evenly - 360 degrees around the belt-line? They usually end up looking like I've been in a wrestling match. Tried tucking the shirt tail in my drawers and the waist band of the undies hikes up. Maybe there's some sort of duct tape or glue that's needed. Might try driving a couple roofing nails in my arse - I dunno. Do my best to stay tucked but it's a semi-losing battle.

Stu - glad you and your lady have made it back in to pet ownership. I remember awhile ago back when you lost your pup.

Wife and I are currently "pet free" for a while. We don't hate animals - in fact we love them. We just want to hold-off for a bit longer if that makes any sense.

Next dog I get will have to learn how to pull my finger and it's name will be Stinky. LOL

Man! Some flat bellied boys are in this joint. Well played guys. You're going to be around for a longer pony ride and feel better in the process.

Getting a shirt to stay tucked in - evenly - 360 degrees around the belt-line? They usually end up looking like I've been in a wrestling match. Tried tucking the shirt tail in my drawers and the waist band of the undies hikes up. Maybe there's some sort of duct tape or glue that's needed. Might try driving a couple roofing nails in my arse - I dunno. Do my best to stay tucked but it's a semi-losing battle.

Stu - glad you and your lady have made it back in to pet ownership. I remember awhile ago back when you lost your pup.

Wife and I are currently "pet free" for a while. We don't hate animals - in fact we love them. We just want to hold-off for a bit longer if that makes any sense.

Next dog I get will have to learn how to pull my finger and it's name will be Stinky. LOL

Thanks we adopted an abused Manchester Chiwawa. He was pitiful and sick too. With a lot of TLC he has came around nicely. Was 6 lbs and sickly when we adopted him. He also had a upper respiratory infection. Our Vet got all that cleared up. He is now after 3 months with us gained weight and is up to his proper weight according to our vet of 10 lbs. What limited background we have on him he has had a rough life in the past but he is very smart and minds very well. Loves TV and reacts to it especially when he sees other dogs or animals on it. Likes to look at golf too. In person he does not like any other dogs. Female people he likes but does not seem to like other guys except me and my neighbor. But he is cool and has came a long ways in both physical and medical wise. He just needed some TLC and yes since we do not have any kids or grandkids he is SPOILED rotten. In our case he was good therapy for us and we were good for him

Sorry fellas, I can't abide by the untucked shirt rule. Never have, just doesn't seem tidy although the look is often preferable to the spare tire or worse hanging out front.

Considering all the miles I've walked since last fall I have to have something to show for it beyond a bit of temporary relief. So now I'm the "proud" owner of a flat belly having jettisoned 25 pounds.

I do like the feel of cotton I must admit, but I'm definitely a performance fabric kind of guy as it keeps me cool and is wrinkle free if you're a traveler. Heck I've even resorted to having 5% spandex in my jeans. They're lighter and I do appreciate the bit of stretch they provide.

In 8 years of working at a golf course I only had one clothing issue and the guy showed up in a wife beater and cut-offs. I pointed out the dress code that is clearly stated on the sign when you walk in the clubhouse. He muttered something a left...

Good job on the weight loss ! Thats a chunk...now you can join the younger flatbellies and poke fun at all of us rounders !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Thanks we adopted an abused Manchester Chiwawa. He was pitiful and sick too. With a lot of TLC he has came around nicely. Was 6 lbs and sickly when we adopted him. He also had a upper respiratory infection. Our Vet got all that cleared up. He is now after 3 months with us gained weight and is up to his proper weight according to our vet of 10 lbs. What limited background we have on him he has had a rough life in the past but he is very smart and minds very well. Loves TV and reacts to it especially when he sees other dogs or animals on it. Likes to look at golf too. In person he does not like any other dogs. Female people he likes but does not seem to like other guys except me and my neighbor. But he is cool and has came a long ways in both physical and medical wise. He just needed some TLC and yes since we do not have any kids or grandkids he is SPOILED rotten. In our case he was good therapy for us and we were good for him

Don’t see why people have an animal and not look after it, our animals rule the house, almost, sometimes we have to let them know we are the boss. We, as I have said before have a long house and they run full tilt from one end to the other, chasing and the cats fighting.

Good for you Stu, more animals need rescuing from abusive owners.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I've lost 10 lbs. too, it's a summer thing for me. Shirts tucked in, no way, need to feel casual nowadays. <--- period that's all there is to it, nuff said.

On another subject, hey tol, do you know where Rottnest Island is? Looks like a beautiful place, with a favorite animal of my wife's of course, one she will never get her hands on anyway...

Sorry fellas, I can't abide by the untucked shirt rule. Never have, just doesn't seem tidy although the look is often preferable to the spare tire or worse hanging out front.

Considering all the miles I've walked since last fall I have to have something to show for it beyond a bit of temporary relief. So now I'm the "proud" owner of a flat belly having jettisoned 25 pounds.

I do like the feel of cotton I must admit, but I'm definitely a performance fabric kind of guy as it keeps me cool and is wrinkle free if you're a traveler. Heck I've even resorted to having 5% spandex in my jeans. They're lighter and I do appreciate the bit of stretch they provide.

In 8 years of working at a golf course I only had one clothing issue and the guy showed up in a wife beater and cut-offs. I pointed out the dress code that is clearly stated on the sign when you walk in the clubhouse. He muttered something a left...

Good job on the weight loss ! Thats a chunk...now you can join the younger flatbellies and poke fun at all of us rounders !

He is now a reformed flat belly and will be running a campaign to have all Grillers flat bellies, best of luck with that one, Gus cooks too much good tasting tucker.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I've lost 10 lbs. too, it's a summer thing for me. Shirts tucked in, no way, need to feel casual nowadays. <--- period that's all there is to it, nuff said.

On another subject, hey tol, do you know where Rottnest Island is? Looks like a beautiful place, with a favorite animal of my wife's of course, one she will never get her hands on anyway...

Yes we know where it is, it’s quite a popular place, not on our to do list though. It’s off the West Australian coast opposite Perth and that’s a long journey for us, all the way across the other side.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

He is now a reformed flat belly and will be running a campaign to have all Grillers flat bellies, best of luck with that one, Gus cooks too much good tasting tucker.

Well, that's the thing isn't it? You are what you eat. I can eat spicy food, but I don't deal well with fried or anything rich with a lot of butter and/or heavy sauces. It's not a philosophical thing, it's a reality of my anatomy... :bad:

My wife is eastern European. She looks at food and gains ten pounds so we have been on a diet almost as long as we've been married. I keep telling her that I'd take her metabolism and overall perfect health in exchange for all the crap I've had to deal with over the years!

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Been off with my daughter for a short trip, but I’ve tried to catch up on some of the topics:

I hope Fleetwood can make a run over the weekend.

Shirt untucked. I only tuck my shirt in at work, or at courses that mandate it, and then usually a hole or two in it works it’s way out. I can not stand a tucked in shirt.

Question for the group- do any of you play your wedges flatter than you irons? I tend to chip much better with a flatter club. Full shots I prefer standard, but I’ve noticed from chipping off a board that I do much better off a tight lie with a flatter club.?

We have a cat. It's a practical thing. They're less effort to look after and if you travel a bit, dogs will require kenneling and all the issues that entails. Prior to the cat, we had always had dogs. The last one was a Beagle/Shepherd cross that lived to 17. In her prime she was the fastest dog I ever saw and she could clear a 5' hurdle on the run. She was the most athletic animal I ever ran across. In the end she was blind, deaf and had a stroke. I cried like a baby. Maybe that's why we never got another dog... :cry:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Been off with my daughter for a short trip, but I’ve tried to catch up on some of the topics:

Shirt untucked. I only tuck my shirt in at work, or at courses that mandate it, and then usually a hole or two in it works it’s way out. I can not stand a tucked in shirt.

Question for the group- do any of you play your wedges flatter than you irons? I tend to chip much better with a flatter club. Full shots I prefer standard, but I’ve noticed from chipping off a board that I do much better off a tight lie with a flatter club.?

Yes, but that's more by accident than design. I was fitted to yellow dot in my Pings which is +1.5° upright, so I'm playing my wedges about 1° flatter which is OTR lie angle. Truth be told, I probably should play those wedges a degree more upright for continuity.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We have a cat. It's a practical thing. They're less effort to look after and if you travel a bit, dogs will require kenneling and all the issues that entails. Prior to the cat, we had always had dogs. The last one was a Beagle/Shepherd cross that lived to 17. In her prime she was the fastest dog I ever saw and she could clear a 5' hurdle on the run. She was the most athletic animal I ever ran across. In the end she was blind, deaf and had a stroke. I cried like a baby. Maybe that's why we never got another dog... :cry:

I like cats but I am allergic to them. We had some semi-feral cars growing up but that’s as far as I’ve gone with cats. I do like their ability to self sustain vs a dog, that is convenient.

Losing a dog is tough, I had a 13yo Chow named Spooky. He was an amazing dog. When he passed, a piece of me passed with him. I keep his ashes in my “man’s room” so he’s still with me. After he passed I never wanted another dog, but my daughter really wanted a pet so we now have Coconut. She’s a Westhighland White Terreier who’s about to turn seven. Pets are really special and that why it’s so hard when they leave us. Having Coco around even after I swore off dogs after Spooky passed makes me realize I like life better with a dog then without.

Of all the guys currently in the top 10 at The Open I gotta pull for PGA Tour Radio's own Pat Perez. It

will be a stunner if he wins. He's a hoot to listen to on the radio. Talk about a guy who calls it like he

sees it; he does that and then some.

He, at first, refused to talk to the media after his round today...……..then they were telling him "hey

you're the first guy ever who is 1 shot off the lead after the 2nd round that won't talk to the media". So

he goes to the range for awhile and then comes back and talks to them.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I like cats but I am allergic to them. We had some semi-feral cars growing up but that’s as far as I’ve gone with cats. I do like their ability to self sustain vs a dog, that is convenient.

Losing a dog is tough, I had a 13yo Chow named Spooky. He was an amazing dog. When he passed, a piece of me passed with him. I keep his ashes in my “man’s room” so he’s still with me. After he passed I never wanted another dog, but my daughter really wanted a pet so we now have Coconut. She’s a Westhighland White Terreier who’s about to turn seven. Pets are really special and that why it’s so hard when they leave us. Having Coco around even after I swore off dogs after Spooky passed makes me realize I like life better with a dog then without.

Went through this a little while back. We had 2 shih tzus that we loved like crazy. One passed late in 2010

and the other in the summer of 2014. We were so heartbroken we did not want another......so my sister, who

lives way out west, bought a shih tzu for herself, supposedly, and after a month called us and said she realized

she had not gotten it for herself but for us, and insisted we need to take him.

So we met her at a truckstop in SoCal and met him too. So we've had him for 4 years now and he's now just

4 years and 4 months old. We would not give him up. We love him just like we did the others. We still keep our

memories of the first 2 and this one has become very special to us as well.

Whenever I come home, Cobi knows she has to stand aside and let him have me first, lol. He insists on it. It's

very cool to know your dog misses you like that and it really lights me up to see how happy he is to see me.

SLED Gemini

Spooky, it's funny how you have your dog's name as your screen name here. Another Grillster, who's been

missing recently also uses his departed dog's name as well...…...Wriggles.

For quite awhile I had our most recently departed dog, Andy's pic as my avatar. I actually put that pic up

when he was still alive and when he passed I kept it up until I finally decided it was time for a new avatar pic.

SLED Gemini

Yes, but that's more by accident than design. I was fitted to yellow dot in my Pings which is +1.5° upright, so I'm playing my wedges about 1° flatter which is OTR lie angle. Truth be told, I probably should play those wedges a degree more upright for continuity.

There is an argument to made with having wedges a degree flatter than the rest of your set. That one plays there wedges from a shallower approach (especially in sand) and the setup is a little lower at address. Thus the reason for flatter lies. Doubtful if the average duffer would notice much of a difference +/- 1* either way.

I play OTR wedge lengths as well. But always add a 1" extension to get the length correct. There by raising the effective lie by ~ 2*, in line with the rest of the set. Sort of a trigonometry function. The longer club forces one to address the ball further away, with hands higher from the ground (everything else remaining constant). The Ping color code chart is based on length relative to effective lie in determining the correct dot color for fitting purposes.

In general, of the belief that one can manipulate a flatter wedge better than one that may be to upright.

In the FWIW department, happen to catch a couple of shots from K. Bradley yesterday. The toe of his irons were way up in the air. Like someone playing a ill fitting OTR sporting goods set. Perhaps a way to eliminate the toe hit? Looked strange. And T. Finau's irons look like they are 2" to short for his height. But who am I to say. They're both playing for money, while I'm just sitting around watching. And remain a hack with something close to perfectly soled lie angles. Nevertheless.......Just say'n.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

John Daly famously came out of a tour trailer one day saying "I can't believe the difference 1/4 degree makes!!"

(referring to his newly adjusted irons)

SLED Gemini

Sco, Stu, Sixty. Congrats and props on the weight loss. Not easy to shed the pounds. (Ok, a wee bit easier to loose some weight in the summer.) Has to be of benefit for the various ailments and high blood pressure. Not carrying around the excess mass. Now look'n good in those form fitting golf shirts.

The Mrs. is always telling me that I have to give up starches if I want to shed some of the excess girth. Do away with the toast and peanut butter, the bowl of cereal that is part of my morning ritual. Sometimes, another one before bedtime. The midday sandwich. Eat fruit. Don't know, that may be difficult.

But I recently bought a small golf GPS device. Simple one that gives distance to green, a hazard. Nothing fancy. Nice to know a distance when playing from an adjacent fairway. Has a belt clip. The instructions show it being affixed to one's belt (picture of a skinny guy). If I attach it there, can't see it. Motivation? Or just carry it in a pocket as originally planned.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Spooky, it's funny how you have your dog's name as your screen name here. Another Grillster, who's been

missing recently also uses his departed dog's name as well...…...Wriggles.

For quite awhile I had our most recently departed dog, Andy's pic as my avatar. I actually put that pic up

when he was still alive and when he passed I kept it up until I finally decided it was time for a new avatar pic.

What’s funny is my real name is Andy. So my screen name is a nod to my passed dog, and your passed dogs name is my real name..

There is an argument to made with having wedges a degree flatter than the rest of your set. That one plays there wedges from a shallower approach (especially in sand) and the setup is a little lower at address. Thus the reason for flatter lies. Doubtful if the average duffer would notice much of a difference +/- 1* either way.

I play OTR wedge lengths as well. But always add a 1" extension to get the length correct. There by raising the effective lie by ~ 2*, in line with the rest of the set. Sort of a trigonometry function. The longer club forces one to address the ball further away, with hands higher from the ground (everything else remaining constant). The Ping color code chart is based on length relative to effective lie in determining the correct dot color for fitting purposes.

In general, of the belief that one can manipulate a flatter wedge better than one that may be to upright.

In the FWIW department, happen to catch a couple of shots from K. Bradley yesterday. The toe of his irons were way up in the air. Like someone playing a ill fitting OTR sporting goods set. Perhaps a way to eliminate the toe hit? Looked strange. And T. Finau's irons look like they are 2" to short for his height. But who am I to say. They're both playing for money, while I'm just sitting around watching. And remain a hack with something close to perfectly soled lie angles. Nevertheless.......Just say'n.

I think the flatter wedge thing is on less than full swings only...? Chipping, bunkers etc...?

If we talk lie angles we have to talk about the grip.

Specifically, What angle is the shaft relative to the hanging arms? For grins let's call that the "grip angle".

If we called mother earth 0 degrees, and we called the hanging arms 90 degrees, then

LIE ANGLE + GRIP ANGLE MUST EQUAL 90.

And what is the number one thing that controls "grip angle", class???? :read:

If we talk lie angles we have to talk about the grip.

Specifically, What angle is the shaft relative to the hanging arms? For grins let's call that the "grip angle".

If we called mother earth 0 degrees, and we called the hanging arms 90 degrees, then

LIE ANGLE + GRIP ANGLE MUST EQUAL 90.

And what is the number one thing that controls "grip angle", class???? :read:

Well...I don't know but wrist angle would be a factor, more or less ulnar deviation..? Strength or weakness of grip could contribute too..? But shaft flex on a full swing vs a chip will factor in too.?

To my way of thinking the number one thing affecting grip angle is posture.

As for the math, I suppose it depends where you are measuring from, but I do recall TV adds for a swing aid designed to ingrain the correct grip angle of 144° (the angle between the forearm and the shaft). The whole thing leaves me with a confusing mental image. No wonder I don't "get" the maths of single length irons... :dntknw:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I'm waiting for Reasy's answer, lol. To my mind it's the length of the club.

SLED Gemini

We have had many animals but two dogs in particular were special.

Our first was the first dog we purchased as a couple it was a black boxer, defended DW like nothing I had ever seen before, it would have died for her, on one occaision it stood between her and a rampaging bull, it would not give way and was peeing itself with fright, no one me or anyone else could look at her with any degree of anger. it travelled to Australia with us and its health was compromised by the quarantine kennels, it was a slim dog and they though they would feed it up, when we picked it up from quarantine it was that fat it could not climb into the car, never fully recovered from it.

The second was quite recent a red doberman, what a fantastic dog, it had a mental connection with my wife, it was her dog through and through, it was only 9 years old, we could see it was not 100% so booked it for a vet appointment, it literally dropped dead 1/2hr before we were due to leave home.

Both left a big hole on our lives.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

While the entire free world works on an answer to the mystery question, here's what I can serve up about lie angles and wedges.

We can hit a variety of shots with most any club I suppose but that door of variety flies wide open when it comes to wedges. And in that same vein, just talking about the subset of greenside bunker shots has many options, right?

So take what could be call categorized as "typical" bunker shots around the green. Many golfers would probably benefit by standing open to the target, AND opening up the clubface in their grip, AND a little deeper and wider knee bend to lower the arse a bit. That lowers the handle of the club a bit. All the above allows that "thump" in the sand and the she flies up and out literally on a little mini bed of sand that's "thumped" out from under it. (Thank you bounce - so glad you're there when I need you most).

That alone makes the case for whatever stick you'd be most prone to use around the greens to be set a couple of degrees flat.

But IMHO, there's a two somewhat better reason, to consider having at least one if not two of the wedges a little flat.

A) There are golfers who love to set that handle DEEP in the fingers and out of the palms when it comes to delicate little pitches. Many of these same golfers would say they like to stand close to the ball and choke way down almost to the metal. Their hands swing so close to the knees it's a small wonder they don't bump their own legs once in motion. This is not one tiny bit uncommon and we see pros do it, too.

So I invite anyone to stick that handle really deep in your fingers when you grip it, choke down, and creep up nice and close to that ball. Swing your hands and the handle close to your knees. You do the setup for that on a hardwood floor and tell me if it is, or isn't, something that's screaming for at least a couple degrees flat.

B) Totally unrelated to greenside bunkers or delicate little pitch shots. This one is about ball position used for many wedge shots - including distances from up to 100 yards+.

Many if not most golfers set the ball middle, to even somewhat back in the setup stance for wedge shots. Its VERY common. Here again, I personally think too much of a good thing is a bad thing. But guess what happens when the clubhead is trying to squarely catch a ball that's back in the stance? The hands and handle need to be releasing it and they can't be too high or you're going to skull it. What I'm advancing here is when the ball back in the stance, the club hasn't quite had time to get down to the ground. The good news is it's going to produce ball-first contact. The bad news is it could be a skulled shot. To prevent the skulled shot you need for the hands and handle to club in nice and shallow and low. Nice and shallow and low means a little bit less lie angle sure would be handy. If that same shot is executed with lie angle set upright - the hands will move into the ball higher, meaning the toe is lower than the heel by enough margin to create dead and weak shots to the push side.

So here are three scenarios that MAYBE could make the case for a couple degrees flat in one or two of the wedges.

A) A little squat-kneed splash shot from greenside bunkers. Whatever club is the typical "go to" might be a candidate to be flatter.

B) Deep finger grips, choked way down, low handed pitch shots. If that's your "thing" there's no reason to NOT bend that stick of choice.

C) I don't (typcially) but if you do love that ball back in the stance thing with fuller wedge shots, then you might want to consider doing so with lower hands/handle through the strike and having that club of choice at least a little flat.

But here's where this all falls apart. What if you don't usually swing fuller wedge shots with the ball back in the stance? What if you like to get the ball out of bunkers without all this knee-squat and splash nonsense? Maybe you're NOT someone who falls in love with a deep-finger and excessive choke-down style of delicate little pitch shots? LMAO - then bending any of the wedges would prolly be a complete waste of time and money. In fact it would prolly produce lousy shots if you did.

The number one way we all (consciously or not) control the angle the shaft hangs out and away from the hanging arms is: (drum roll please).

It's the easiest thing in the world to control. And whether they both realize it or not, both Fella and Bill stumbled right into it about a month ago when they were trying interlock versus overlap.

It's the angle the handle lays right across your lead hand.

Take your golf grip (go ahead no one is looking - lol) and take your address position. Now DO NOT remove your lead hand from that handle and stand up with that lead still right where it was. (prolly left hand for us here), Turn the palm of that hand to the sky so that the clubface is pointing downward. Hold the club against that hand with the trail hand as you open up your fingers.

What do you see?

If the butt end handle runs along or close to the lifeline of that palm... congratulations. You have a wonderful putting grip! lol. You're in deep doo-doo for full swings but man you can putt the eyes off that ball! The hands and handle will HAVE to be too high at address and through the strike. The arms will stop hanging and will have to reach. The wrists will be in a constant state of being down-cocked. Really bad juju in a golf swing. The "grip angle" is going to be way to small.

If all four fingers are under the handle just past the base knuckles on your hand, you've got yourself a grip that can't possibly manage to get the clubhead down to the ball unless your arms hang down to your knees for normal full swing. The "grip angle" is going to HAVE TO BE excessive.

The wrists shouldn't be "forced" to be down-cocked anymore than they should be "upcocked". It paralyzes the release if we allow that one. All sorts of tension going back and through is introduced, It raises havoc in figuring out how far to stand from the ball.

AND.... it goofs up our lie angles. Ergo the grip MUST be fixed before dinking around with lie angles. Once the grip is whatever each of us individually needs to swing it freely and let it release without tension and flinching... that grip once stabilized and good-to-go kicks the door wide open to make sure the lie angles are what they need to be.

I have spoken. It is now written for the ages. Let there be dancing in the streets. Let freedom ring. The world is now complete. Fart rainbows and spit bubbles. All is well.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)