Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Time for a grumpy old man rant!

I have a niece and nephew that live not far away. She's a HS teacher and he is a steam fitter. They have good jobs and make good money. They live in a real nice newer house that she always has her hubby working on to recreate the latest Pinterest project. I remember when they bought it. It was the builder's model, so had plenty of upgrades. (Perfect example of why spending on upgrades before you sell a property is folly because you have no idea what the tastes of the new owner will be.) They couldn't afford it without the help of her parents who chipped in and then paid for an in-law suite to be built in the basement. (Mom and Dad have a condo in Florida so they're only up here for half the year.)

My niece lives her life on FB for everyone to see. She's in her mid thirties, has two boys and they're always dressed matchy matchy! I tell you ever since school went out for the summer she's got the latest adventure they were on. Cottage weekends in the Muskokas, exclusive concerts and expensive overnights in TO, now it's off to Mexico for I don't know how long! Who the heck goes to Mexico in the summer?! I mean WTF, it's like I'm an observer to the world's biggest oneupmanship contest or some such thing! I swear that she spends money like she has none! (A phrase that an old friend uses to describe spendthrifts.) I don't know. Maybe they're independently wealthy or maybe they won the lottery, but you'd think that she would have taken out an add if she had... When is enough, enough? We're doomed is this is typical of society in this day and age!

What happens when you live this lifestyle is eventually, unless you have unlimited funds , it all comes crashing down. There is also the possibility that some of the money is not legal. I agree with wanting it all immediately. Reading the news, every day there are stories of young people roughing it, they really do not know the meaning of roughing it. Wages are better now than they were, and the opportunities are better if you look for them.

Now for the in my day moment.

As I have probably said before we started with a run down Cornish cottage that we took five years renovating, we sold it at good profit and that was our stake to move to Australia. Every house we have had since we have done alterations, the first one in Australia it was a two story house with the bottom being totally empty, no walls, nothing. We made that into an apartment for the MIL when she came to Australia, once again a good profit, we continued to do this for our next two houses. We did not live the high life on the profits, used it towards the next house, now after 43 years we are in the home we have always wanted, was it worth the Waite, yes because we appreciate it because of the journey, especially as our first residence together was a borrowed tent on sand dunes, that is why we have never taken to camping.

I hope it all works out for them but from what you say I think you will be posting a not too good story eventually.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Time for a grumpy old man rant!

I have a niece and nephew that live not far away. She's a HS teacher and he is a steam fitter. They have good jobs and make good money. They live in a real nice newer house that she always has her hubby working on to recreate the latest Pinterest project. I remember when they bought it. It was the builder's model, so had plenty of upgrades. (Perfect example of why spending on upgrades before you sell a property is folly because you have no idea what the tastes of the new owner will be.) They couldn't afford it without the help of her parents who chipped in and then paid for an in-law suite to be built in the basement. (Mom and Dad have a condo in Florida so they're only up here for half the year.)

My niece lives her life on FB for everyone to see. She's in her mid thirties, has two boys and they're always dressed matchy matchy! I tell you ever since school went out for the summer she's got the latest adventure they were on. Cottage weekends in the Muskokas, exclusive concerts and expensive overnights in TO, now it's off to Mexico for I don't know how long! Who the heck goes to Mexico in the summer?! I mean WTF, it's like I'm an observer to the world's biggest oneupmanship contest or some such thing! I swear that she spends money like she has none! (A phrase that an old friend uses to describe spendthrifts.) I don't know. Maybe they're independently wealthy or maybe they won the lottery, but you'd think that she would have taken out an add if she had... When is enough, enough? We're doomed is this is typical of society in this day and age!

My ex-mrs thug lives the same way. As does my step-son, who I still hang out with. He has been to florida twice this year and to the grand canyon (the grand canyon trip was courtesy of his girlfriend's parents, but he still had to pay his own airfair and incidentals). I told him he has traveled more in his lifetime than I have in mine (not counting work travel). Then, and here's the kicker, he complains when his truck needs expensive repairs and he can't afford them. Duh! I'm not sure society is going to survive the age of the millenials.

I have a 22 year old niece...she is a nurse,after having graduated from nursing school 18 months ago. She and her husband are

posting pics of all the churches and old buildings they are visiting in the Czech republic...she is a rather new nurse...he is...i dont really

know what he is...other than very lucky...lol......and she takes time off work...un..paid....for the vacation...just bought a home...nice

location...decent home.....sold it at a loss 6 months later...bought another 1/2 mile away with a river view......i have no understanding

of what is going on...they asked my advice on things....I told them to add up their joint salaries...and get three years of that total

in savings before they go into debt for houses,cars,boats and such....lol....three vacations,two houses,and a bass boat later.......like

Scomac,i think a crash for them is on the way.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

The problem is they all usually live on credit, not thinking someday it has to be paid back. The banks are quite compliant when it comes to credit because they can legally take everything they own to get their money back. We had a credit card once and used it, it scared the bejesus out of us when we realised what it was costing. Paid it off and never touched one since. There have been several investigations into banks in Australia recently, looking st their loaning habits and the lies they have spun to customers, some banke have been fined huge amounts and made to pay back som of the dodgy deals to customers. Now we only have a debit card so if it is not in the bank we cannot spend it. We have one line of credit if we need it but we are in full control of the account.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I'm with you, Toj ! I have credit cards..out of necessity here...but they seldom get used. Maybe a couple times a year just to keep my credit line current.

they get paid off within 30 days. We started a policy years ago...home and vehicles are financed. Everything else is paid on purchase.

I hate monthly bills....lol My truck is a 2000 Dodge..178 thousand miles....Mom has a 2014...but thats her retirement gift !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I'm not a club expert but it seems to me the whole purpose of single length irons is to allow a golfer

to set up and swing the same with each iron. It doesn't matter if they have a one plane or 20 plane

swing as long as they repeat the same swing with each iron.

It also seems to me that if the irons are all the same length then they should all have the same lie

angle, no? If they don't then why bother with single lengths in the first place?

As to why Bill's irons play shorter than his previous set, I don't know. There are so many variables in

there that I would just not worry about the number on the bottom of the iron. Most important are the

yardage gaps. If those are acceptable then I wouldn't sweat the number on the bottom.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Thanks guys for all the suggestions....I am going to play these thru the end of summer,at least. As I said,I have just pretty much adjusted distance to

go with the irons,...i seem to be getting on or close to most greens,am hitting the 5/6 REALLY better than before..My old timers swing is so out of

normal that the poor clubs are groaning ....but seriously guys..when I do hit one correctly, it feels so good,...almost no feeling at all....Sept will be a year

with them...we will see where it goes.

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Thanks guys for all the suggestions....I am going to play these thru the end of summer,at least. As I said,I have just pretty much adjusted distance to

go with the irons,...i seem to be getting on or close to most greens,am hitting the 5/6 REALLY better than before..My old timers swing is so out of

normal that the poor clubs are groaning ....but seriously guys..when I do hit one correctly, it feels so good,...almost no feeling at all....Sept will be a year

If it ain't broke, don't fix it; I say! Now I don't always follow my own advice, but if those single length irons are getting the job done for you then that's all that matters. How and why they work is of less importance, I was just trying to gain some insight on that because the specs don't seem to make a lot of sense to me and my meager understanding of the interplay between club length and lie angle.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

If it ain't broke, don't fix it; I say! Now I don't always follow my own advice, but if those single length irons are getting the job done for you then that's all that matters. How and why they work is of less importance, I was just trying to gain some insight on that because the specs don't seem to make a lot of sense to me and my meager understanding of the interplay between club length and lie angle.

I know what you mean ! I am having reasonably decent play with them,and it all started as an experiment to determine if

they were a good idea.. Now ,I am getting used to them,and i hit more decent than bad ,so I see no reason to change back

just to gain a few yards,. I was just curious why I was losing yardage with them. Now I have a pretty good idea.

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

We're hosting a family BBQ this weekend. It's not really our family, but the one that my son married into, so our daughter-in-law, her sister, her mother and the kids' next door neighbours will be coming. They're a same sex couple that the kids befriended; a really lovely pair of women that are vary generous with them. In some ways I might describe the gathering as the Island for Misfit Toys and I am Yukon Cornelius.

I've known my DIL for about 8 years. Her sister is a few years older. In all those years I've know her to date one guy. She went around the block with him a couple of times, but he didn't have the brains that gawd gave a goose and wouldn't commit. Now this girl is top shelf all the way. She's the VP of sales for a major drug company and she's only 34. She's a yoga instructor, so that will give you and idea of how she's built. Long flowing black hair and drop dead gorgeous to boot. Top that off with a generous helping of the nicest girl you'd want to meet and yet she's alone! :(

I get it, I do. Most guys would view her as untouchable. They would have no shot, so why embarrass yourself by trying. Well, guess what boys, you do have a shot! I'll bet this girl has fielded lines from every type A player that has crossed her path. You know who I speak of; all the ultra confident arseholes that are looking for a trophy to have on their arm for bragging rites. The thing is that they wouldn't have a clue how to keep a girl like this engaged because she's way above their paygrade.

I realize that this little ditty doesn't apply to most of us around here. We're far to old for that, but maybe not if we find ourselves alone and in a similar situation in the future. Aim high, you're worth it! They made a movie about a situation like this and I'm willing to bet that many of you have seen it: Hitch.

AS for Iris, I really do hope that she finds what she's looking for; a genuine guy to share her life with. Nevertheless I have a feeling that our little gathering this weekend will be quite interesting...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We're hosting a family BBQ this weekend. It's not really our family, but the one that my son married into, so our daughter-in-law, her sister, her mother and the kids' next door neighbours will be coming. They're a same sex couple that the kids befriended; a really lovely pair of women that are vary generous with them. In some ways I might describe the gathering as the Island for Misfit Toys and I am Yukon Cornelius.

I've known my DIL for about 8 years. Her sister is a few years older. In all those years I've know her to date one guy. She went around the block with him a couple of times, but he didn't have the brains that gawd gave a goose and wouldn't commit. Now this girl is top shelf all the way. She's the VP of sales for a major drug company and she's only 34. She's a yoga instructor, so that will give you and idea of how she's built. Long flowing black hair and drop dead gorgeous to boot. Top that off with a generous helping of the nicest girl you'd want to meet and yet she's alone! :(

I get it, I do. Most guys would view her as untouchable. They would have no shot, so why embarrass yourself by trying. Well, guess what boys, you do have a shot! I'll bet this girl has fielded lines from every type A player that has crossed her path. You know who I speak of; all the ultra confident arseholes that are looking for a trophy to have on their arm for bragging rites. The thing is that they wouldn't have a clue how to keep a girl like this engaged because she's way above their paygrade.

I realize that this little ditty doesn't apply to most of us around here. We're far to old for that, but maybe not if we find ourselves alone and in a similar situation in the future. Aim high, you're worth it! They made a movie about a situation like this and I'm willing to bet that many of you have seen it: Hitch.

AS for Iris, I really do hope that she finds what she's looking for; a genuine guy to share her life with. Nevertheless I have a feeling that our little gathering this weekend will be quite interesting...

Scomac, my friend, my sons saviour. He was 35 this week, has had no luck with the ladies as they always seem to do the dirty on him. We are currently trying to get him back in the dating scene, so, if your friend wishes to move to Australia I am positive she sounds perfect for our son. Any ideas?

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

My pick Tommy Fleetwood has climbed up to T19 I see. Since he got off as an early starter this AM, i was hoping he would stop in at the Grille foodtruck afterward for a chat just to let us know the conditions of the course.

A few others stopped by yesterday afternoon, Bryson picked up a quick Coke- 'Hey Bryson, how did you finish today?' "Do the math, I'm T105"

'Tiger, how was your day?' "Well, I played really well, I'm starting out with a kink in my neck which is my optional problem, there are no tree roots here, but I do have some new tape on too, so I've got that goin' for me"

'Rory, what's up with your game?' "Well, this is Carnoustie, err, so I'm expected to play well, I have that going against me, err, but I have time, there are three rounds left, right?

'Brittanny, what are you doing here?' "I know this isn't Barbasol, but I got a call to finish for David Duval"

Scomac, my friend, my sons saviour. He was 35 this week, has had no luck with the ladies as they always seem to do the dirty on him. We are currently trying to get him back in the dating scene, so, if your friend wishes to move to Australia I am positive she sounds perfect for our son. Any ideas?

Actually, my one and only attempt at match making went down in flames spectacularly. DW and I hooked up a friend of a friend with a good friend of hers. I have no idea what happened as one moment the two of them were googly eyes for each other and then the next thing we heard was that the woman had thrown a bucket of ice water on the affair without explaining to the poor fellow why.

I don't really know what became of either one of them , but I do know that DW's relationship with her friend ended over that... :huh:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Actually, my one and only attempt at match making went down in flames spectacularly. DW and I hooked up a friend of a friend with a good friend of hers. I have no idea what happened as one moment the two of them were googly eyes for each other and then the next thing we heard was that the woman had thrown a bucket of ice water on the affair without explaining to the poor fellow why.

I don't really know what became of either one of them , but I do know that DW's relationship with her friend ended over that... :huh:

So perhaps now is the time to make amends and have a success. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

My pick Tommy Fleetwood has climbed up to T19 I see. Since he got off as an early starter this AM, i was hoping he would stop in at the Grille foodtruck afterward for a chat just to let us know the conditions of the course.

A few others stopped by yesterday afternoon, Bryson picked up a quick Coke- 'Hey Bryson, how did you finish today?' "Do the math, I'm T105"

'Tiger, how was your day?' "Well, I played really well, I'm starting out with a kink in my neck which is my optional problem, there are no tree roots here, but I do have some new tape on too, so I've got that goin' for me"

'Rory, what's up with your game?' "Well, this is Carnoustie, err, so I'm expected to play well, I have that going against me, err, but I have time, there are three rounds left, right?

'Brittanny, what are you doing here?' "I know this isn't Barbasol, but I got a call to finish for David Duval"

:rofl:

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Bill, everything is fine. Thanks for asking. Just taking a break in the action. Seemingly have been bereft of anything meaningful to offer. Now I do.

As a self respecting member of the Hoi Polloi, always play with shirt tail untucked. It's going to come out anyhow, simply front running the inevitable. Also, a lot less revealing. All these new fangled shirt materials tend towards clinginess when tucked. Don't play (nor do have ANY inclination to play) at any course patrolled by shirt nazis.

Allowing the cooling breezes to waif in is far superior to playing some hoity toity joint that frowns upon such slovenly behavior.

Edit add: FWIW. A shirt with a even hem is preferred to one with tails. But makes no diff to me what one chooses to sport.

P.S. Impossible to find a quality light weight cotton golf shirt these days. Something about how a cotton shirt drapes is preferable to techy fabric. I get tech for hot and humid, but still like cotton for the cooler days.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I'm with you Fella... I never play with the shirt tucked in. And I also have no interest playing at courses that require the tucked shirt.

I find some of the new ones feel great at the store....feeling the material ...get them home....wear them and they feel heavy as a wet

wool blanket ! They may be nice wicking agent...but man they are heavy !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Fella,

This place can be addictive on an almost curious - even guilt-laden level at times. Been times I didn't "think" I knew it was time to make sure priorities were in order. No stranger here to a little reset of sorts and taking a little sabbatical.

Can I put this one on record? You are missed here as you do for yourself what so many of us have also done. The bro-love gushing and embarrassing thing can be left unsaid. But I know I speak for others in saying you're among those who constitute he backbone of the Grille and for what it's worth... Welcome home.

Ball looks good for being that old .....sorta like us...some age gracefully...others not so much !

third day in a row this afternoon....this golfing thing could become a habit....

back to the Doctor tomorrow....my post -op two year check up...i can tell him everything is just great.

I am walking...breathing...looking down at the grass instead of up at roots...and i can still get out and play golf

with only a little loss of distance from two years ago.

Hey Stu..or Reason or Rad or anybody....not that I really care....but why would the One Length Cobra's be almost a full club shorter across the set?

Just a curiosity thingie....wondering if its because of the loft-lie-gapping situation...

That is about 99% of it as I see it. I have not really went into depth studying them because I do not think they would appeal to me or fit my game

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Sorry fellas, I can't abide by the untucked shirt rule. Never have, just doesn't seem tidy although the look is often preferable to the spare tire or worse hanging out front.

Considering all the miles I've walked since last fall I have to have something to show for it beyond a bit of temporary relief. So now I'm the "proud" owner of a flat belly having jettisoned 25 pounds.

I do like the feel of cotton I must admit, but I'm definitely a performance fabric kind of guy as it keeps me cool and is wrinkle free if you're a traveler. Heck I've even resorted to having 5% spandex in my jeans. They're lighter and I do appreciate the bit of stretch they provide.

In 8 years of working at a golf course I only had one clothing issue and the guy showed up in a wife beater and cut-offs. I pointed out the dress code that is clearly stated on the sign when you walk in the clubhouse. He muttered something a left...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Here's the thing I don't understand about one length irons:

They all have the same shaft length -- 37 1/2" I think -- even the hybrid, but the lie angle keeps getting flatter as you go through the bag from the hybrid down to the SW. How does that promote the same swing from one club to the next because you're having to bend over quite substantially when using the wedges. That will lead to quite a bit steeper swing plane than what you would have with the hybrid even though they all have the same length shaft. It's like a shell game; they're the same length, but the aren't as each degree of lie angle change is the same as 1/2" in length in terms of how you would address the ball. I would go so far as to infer that this method leads to even more variation in swing plane than the standard length and lie angle progressions of a conventional set. :huh:

I read this a few minutes ago and got out my scratch pad , protractor and square. And from my calculations how rudimentary they may be I have concluded that you are correct in the case of the measurements are like what you stated. Reasy is a pretty smart guy maybe he will chime in on this

SPECIFICATIONS

STOCK SET COMPOSITION - 7 Clubs

• One Hybrid: 5H (Graphite), Six Irons: 6-PW, GW (Graphite)

Club Loft / Trajectory

Settings Length* Swing Weight Stock

Flex RH/LH 5 H 25° 37.50" D0 S, R, Lite RH/LH

Iron Loft Lie Offset

(mm) Graphite

Length* Steel

Length* Graphite

Swing Weight Steel

Swing Weight RH/LH 6 25.5° 63.0° 4.4 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH 7 29.5° 62.5° 4.0 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH 8 34.0° 62.5° 3.7 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH 9 39.0° 62.5° 3.4 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH PW 44.0° 62.0° 2.9 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH GW 49.0° 61.5° 1.0 37.50" 37.50" D0 D1 RH/LH

*Lengths based on COBRA CONNECT gripped length. Standard gripped length will be .25" shorter.

There you go Reasy. The above is the specs for the F8 One Length hybrid iron combo set. As you can see the length is the same throughout the entire set, but as you have pointed out the long clubs are more upright than normal for the length of shaft while the wedges are quite a bit flatter effectively reducing the length of the shaft in the swing forcing a change in posture. I don't get it. This inverse lie angle progression doesn't make any sense to me.

Yea we're going to need a club building expert to get us through this question. Maybe PD or Stu or Fella can get us there.

In effect, a golfer is farther away from the ball with his PW for example. But, he's likewise closer to the ball with his 4 iron. So I at first wondered if it's that issue figuring into it. Hybrids for example are often not really long-shafted clubs and are a little more upright since we stand a little closer.

I dunno - this is getting above my pay grade - lol. I'm just about out of bullets and don't mind confessing as much.

Logic, common sense, and golf don't always go hand-in-hand. Old Reason is plenty capable of running out of reason.

Not bad of an explanation. Remember everyone's swing is different and you can not go by me. I am more upright on the wedges and shorter irons and more flat swing wise on long irons and woods. If I set my long irons that upright I would dig to China even with butter knife blades. One of my swing faults is sometimes I will tend to get too upright with mid irons long irons and the driver. If I were to fit someone with constant length irons I would absolutely have them on the lie board. Like I have said before on my personal irons my lies are all across the board.

Fleetwood! I've been tellin' ya... 6 under 65 today... Winnin' Ugly

[media=]

[/media]

My wife calls him Fleetwood Mac. I like him sorta reminds me of Tommy Armour III back in the day

Decided to take a drive up to the course today for S&G's as Friday was my old work day and I knew the tee sheet is generally lighter today. Had a coffee and a toasted western saving me having to worry about lunch and visited with the girls before the lunch rush started. The course looked much lusher than the ones closer to me so they have been the beneficiary of rains that I haven't received at home. DW and I might venture up there next week and take a stab at 9 holes. She has an event coming up in 3 weeks and she hasn't been out at all this season! As good an excuse as any to give it a try again. What's the worst that can happen; I'll be hurtin' again for a week?

I did have an ulterior motive to go up their to see if Brenda had any work for me (which she doesn't yet, but the guys haven't gone over the schedule to book their off days) and to find out if the staff BBQ date had been picked. It's going to be end of August this year as the owner is away until mid month and other potential conflicts pushed it even further back. Other than that all is well with everything and everyone.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Sorry fellas, I can't abide by the untucked shirt rule. Never have, just doesn't seem tidy although the look is often preferable to the spare tire or worse hanging out front.

Considering all the miles I've walked since last fall I have to have something to show for it beyond a bit of temporary relief. So now I'm the "proud" owner of a flat belly having jettisoned 25 pounds.

I do like the feel of cotton I must admit, but I'm definitely a performance fabric kind of guy as it keeps me cool and is wrinkle free if you're a traveler. Heck I've even resorted to having 5% spandex in my jeans. They're lighter and I do appreciate the bit of stretch they provide.

In 8 years of working at a golf course I only had one clothing issue and the guy showed up in a wife beater and cut-offs. I pointed out the dress code that is clearly stated on the sign when you walk in the clubhouse. He muttered something a left...

Congrats on the 25 Lbs--- I have been losing more weight myself--- My MD who BTW is a golfing buddy got me to cut out the starches which was so hard at first for me because I am a potatoes/pasta man. But I feel so much better and my joints are not so stiff something about acid deposits in the joints. I met a guy from another golf site last week for the first time and he remarked well you are a lot smaller than your Avatar pic. I told him that was 10 years ago and overall I had lost 60 lbs since then. Since April of this year I have lost close to 20 lbs without really trying except for the eating pasta and potatoes thing. I feel better and a lot of my flexibility has came back and as Reasy says I am really turing the mass. But overall I have more energy and feel better.

BTW I am one of the hemmed shirt guys. I always had problems keeping a shirt tail tucked in. I am 6'2" and only wear a 32" inseam so I am long in the torso. Back when I had and made a lot of money I had dress shirts made for me and with my old man's contacts had custom made Musingwear shirts. Those days are over now so I am the hemmed shirt tail brigade

Thanks STU. I can't claim that the weight loss was part of any grand plan even though my former doc would gently suggest that I could do with a few less pounds off the belly. They just kind of fell away once I started walking everyday. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the winter. My old golfing buddy Dave is swimming at the YMCA now since he retired, so I may join him a couple of times a week. Once the snow starts flying there's no real opportunity to walk around here as we don't have a sidewalk, but that only really effects 3 months and its a long ways off.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Never felt comfortable with shirt tucked in and have no problems at my local course. There are some Brisbane courses that demand you purchase club socks before they let you on the course. They also have a GPS monitor on the carts, it’s a cart only course and they contact you by the on board radio if you are playing too slow, take no notice and they throw you off the course no matter how far round you are, they also deduct one stroke per warning in a comp round. They seem to enjoy upsetting players.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)