Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Here's Skunk Baxter while he was in the Doobies playing guitar on "Takin it to the Streets" live. Incidentally it was him who talked the Doobies into bringing Michael McDonald into the Doobies since he was friends with Michael from both of them having been former members of Steely Dan.. just a little trivia

guys we are rapidly heading towards 20,000 posts.....who would've thought !?

Well...it's a goal. Sorta like meeting that brunette that's one of the most attractive female billionaires in the world... :rolleyes:

Who'd-a-thunk it? We kicked this off just to have a kicked-back, relaxed place to hangout and it somehow still has legs.

Scomacer I'm going to serve up a small confession and it may sound like a slap in Mrs. Reason's face. I can't find the words to remotely describe how lucky I am to be married to her. Won't even try to capture it beyond saying I'm an incredibly lucky man. Whatever else has or hasn't turned out perfectly in life, I could not have done better and it saddens me to hear from folks who haven't yet found their true soul mate.

But speaking of brunettes (dot dot dot) I have to say there were a few monster opportunities that presented themselves back in the single-man days and I SO blew it. LMAO now why I would remember the lost opportunities to this day like that is a mystery, especially considering how beautifully things worked out. There's absolutely no reason to look back on such things and hang my head. But I won't lie to you. I got in my own way a few times and it's my loss for having been such an idiot! LOL.

So much for too-much-information I suppose. Don't even know why I posted this. Might later decide to edit/delete this one.

Good tunes up on the juke today.

Going out for a practice session. Note to self. Start all over with putting. Time for a total reset. All grips and stroke styles are fair game. Incredibly I'm for the first time in decades ready to consider a different putter - the one stick I've not abandoned no matter what. Time for an all new and fresh mindset from top to bottom putting-wise.

Sixty - I also fail to complete the backswing. There's yet another time and place I'm reminded I'm not alone in the universe. I screwed up my lower back so badly many years ago I'm afraid that the next time I wreck it, will be the last time I play golf for life. This is where I feel for Scomac. He's going to end up (prolly already has) creating a swing that works but will have trade-offs. It's important to find the right ways to make such compromises. IF you find the RIGHT ways, there can be a shortening of the backswing and such that works. Dumbarse me kept trying to put a harder/jabby downswing on the other side of a shortened and tense backswing. Bad habit and even harder to break.

So I "think" I learned to cut it short as a little defensive mechanism - out of pure fear. And just like you, it costs me plenty whenever I don't just relax, take my time going back and simply finish. I can do it but am just afraid to. Can't seem to 100% bury that demon.

Well...it's a goal. Sorta like meeting that brunette that's one of the most attractive female billionaires in the world... :rolleyes:

Who'd-a-thunk it? We kicked this off just to have a kicked-back, relaxed place to hangout and it somehow still has legs.

Scomacer I'm going to serve up a small confession and it may sound like a slap in Mrs. Reason's face. I can't find the words to remotely describe how lucky I am to be married to her. Won't even try to capture it beyond saying I'm an incredibly lucky man. Whatever else has or hasn't turned out perfectly in life, I could not have done better and it saddens me to hear from folks who haven't yet found their true soul mate.

But speaking of brunettes (dot dot dot) I have to say there were a few monster opportunities that presented themselves back in the single-man days and I SO blew it. LMAO now why I would remember the lost opportunities to this day like that is a mystery, especially considering how beautifully things worked out. There's absolutely no reason to look back on such things and hang my head. But I won't lie to you. I got in my own way a few times and it's my loss for having been such an idiot! LOL.

So much for too-much-information I suppose. Don't even know why I posted this. Might later decide to edit/delete this one.

You're not alone, Reasy! I too am very lucky to have the lady I do. It's funny, but I used to think back and wonder on occasion what life may have been like had I chosen differently. Haven't done that in a long time I think mostly on the realization that I know what time did to me. You can never go back. Having said that, it doesn't stop me from looking appreciatively at attractive ladies in my own age group whom I meet just going about everyday life.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Good tunes up on the juke today.

Going out for a practice session. Note to self. Start all over with putting. Time for a total reset. All grips and stroke styles are fair game. Incredibly I'm for the first time in decades ready to consider a different putter - the one stick I've not abandoned no matter what. Time for an all new and fresh mindset from top to bottom putting-wise.

Sixty - I also fail to complete the backswing. There's yet another time and place I'm reminded I'm not alone in the universe. I screwed up my lower back so badly many years ago I'm afraid that the next time I wreck it, will be the last time I play golf for life. This is where I feel for Scomac. He's going to end up (prolly already has) creating a swing that works but will have trade-offs. It's important to find the right ways to make such compromises. IF you find the RIGHT ways, there can be a shortening of the backswing and such that works. Dumbarse me kept trying to put a harder/jabby downswing on the other side of a shortened and tense backswing. Bad habit and even harder to break.

So I "think" I learned to cut it short as a little defensive mechanism - out of pure fear. And just like you, it costs me plenty whenever I don't just relax, take my time going back and simply finish. I can do it but am just afraid to. Can't seem to 100% bury that demon.

I'm dedicated to developing a new swing out of necessity. I don't think my motion was ever easy on the body and I always had the penchant of overswinging on top of that.

I've been practicing the basic move that Julian Mellor promotes ever since I ran across his series of videos on YouTube. It makes perfect sense turning the trunk in unison and swinging smoothly in tempo rather than trying to hit the damn ball! It's going to be more about playing comfortably and without pain than it will be about the quality of the results. Over time improved consistency will lead to better results, but in the mean time it will just be about getting out there and becoming comfortable that the game can be played without extracting too big a physical toll.

Talking of putting; I brought my putter out this morning to roll a few and I was hitting them so hard that they were literally bouncing out of the cup! It took about 10 balls to get anything resembling a feel for the pace. It's just like starting over in the spring again...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

LOL You aren't alone on that....I still remember ...came back from Nam......met a cute young thing at the LA airport....we hit it off...

stayed in LA for another month....came home for my uncle's funeral.....lost contact with her....she was a VERY well known lady..

was in Hopes tours in Nam....you all would know her name...My big eyes wide CLOSED moment ! she shall remain nameless .... Funny

how some things we think of as small issues stick with us for decades,huh?

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

LMAO - If a total reset in putting was the goal - I sure opened the lid on that one. Maybe ten different grips from cross-handed to saws to claws to double overlaps and interlocks. Choked-down, out on the end. Short putts, long putts, breaking, up and down slopes. Fast and slow tempos.

And what do I now know?

Not one freak'n thing! Guess no one goes into overhaul mode in five seconds or less but I honestly don't have leanings toward anything new or different. Was hoping at least something would jump up and grab me but it was all just a drive through the dense fog.

Interesting comments by Crossfield that strikes a chord with me. What if you don't have spin to give back to the course? This is an important question that I'm not really seeing being addressed with current club design trends. It's all about reducing spin to gain distance.

I thought the same comment was interesting too...what IF we don't have spin to give back.? Interesting indeed. BUT Mark frequently contradicts himself and that's why I can't take his reviews or his tips seriously. While making a very big point about the lower spin these irons produced, he also has videos where he clearly states that the swing you put on the ball imparts spin...not the club. He went through and showed how he could add spin, decrease spin yada, yada, yada. IMO he tends to talk out of both sides of his mouth frequently.

That being said I like golf videos and find him entertaining so I watch. I am sure that these clubs will sell well and suit many players, we shall see.

I am with you, most of us are more interested in accuracy than distance, I know my game is better for not trying to smash the ball further.

I agree 100%. And along with that, when it comes to irons, I am more interested in my gaps than in jacked lofts. I have had a couple of iron sets since 2000. Nike Pro Combos- 8i=150yds. Mizuno MX-23s- 8i=150yds. Callaway X-20s 8i=150yds. Got some Ping G25s recently 8i=160+yds and 9i=150yds. So now my PW and wedges have a a large gap between a full PW= 135-140yds and a full 50deg 115yds. I don't think the G25 lofts are jacked, but I can't remember them off the top of my head but I am 1+ clubs longer with this set than my previous sets and IMO it is a hinderance rather than a benefit.

I do however try to maximize driver and 3w distance as long as I can keep the dispersion in an acceptable range.

My game is better when I do one thing concerning accuracy, and that's get as full of a turn as possible. That doesn't mean a high or deep Bubba back swing of course, just a better turn. It slows me down, sets a better rhythm, brings me back to the ball more square, and sets the stage for a proper follow through. It never fails, if I don't do a better turn I can immediately see it in my accuracy. But when I do I can see it every time. The other thing it does for me is it seems to give me more height in my iron shots which I prefer. It also allows the lower body to clear better first and get the hands out ahead of the face of the club instead of casting. Works for me, plus I don't I don't turn the right shoulder up and to the left afterward at the follow through with the shoulders which I have a bad tendency to do, keeps the right shoulder under for me. I've had some corny bad habits if I let them seep in... So I try to make sure to get a good turn turn turn...

It is awesome that you have only one swing thought that brings things back together. congrats on that, IMO that's more than half the battle. If you have one thought, that's gold. I play with a guy and he has one swing thought too...his is "Don't F up." LOL! I have WAY, WAY too many swing thoughts and they can cause more harm than good. I did wind up with just two last round and struck the ball really well, maybe I can pare it down to one like you one day!

Oh yeah! Putter and putting stroke overhaul...I'm tuned in, this will be very interesting IMO. I recently did the exact same thing and went from high MOI face balanced-straight back straight through to huge toe hang (70deg)-opening and closing/arcing stroke. Enjoy the process and keep us posted.

I did pick incorrectly the first time, walking down the aisle thinking why are you doing this, did not last long and it was a lesson in life, when the warning signs are there listen to them and don’t put it down to nerves.

I often think back and ponder on all the decisions I made that brought us together.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I did pick incorrectly the first time, walking down the aisle thinking why are you doing this, did not last long and it was a lesson in life, when the warning signs are there listen to them and don’t put it down to nerves.

I often think back and ponder on all the decisions I made that brought us together.

There's probably no scientific explanation for that sixth sense telling us, "DO NOT DO THIS!" But it's amazing how often that voice is right.

You buy a home and there's no guarantee neighbors won't end up bat-crap crazy. A new car could be a lemon. Take a job and the boss might be hell-bent on ruining your life. Some things are a leap of faith. We flap our wings and hope we soar ahead of going "splat". Guess we all have our crosses to bear along the journey sooner or later. Cliche stuff about getting up again after getting knocked down isn't really that far off, right? Plan B is either forced on us or we plan for it whenever Plan A doesn't work out. I once worked with a guy who often said, "If it didn't happen, it wasn't meant to be." I just love that approach. No need to force-fit anything that way. Just roll with the punches and figure out next steps, right?

Might just turn out better than before and if not...Plans C through Z are always there waiting for action.

LMAO - Why the heck didn't we all realize this stuff from a very early age? Why do we need to be so battle scarred to see it? Welcome to life, Reason.

LMAO - Granpas have a way of being so right - MOST of the time.

Spooky it's time for the putting reset. Now the wife tells me it went away and it happens. She says it will come back. That's the part I can't imagine right now. The dreaded blue screen hard drive crash has taken over. A lag putt right now gets halfway there or rolls 5 to maybe even 10 feet past.

Have absolutely nothing to lose by approaching it like a first time golfer who's never even tried to putt. Couldn't possibly do something different that works out any worse. So here goes. "Plan B" time! What the heck, right? Might be fun to stumble on to something halfway respectable.

LMAO - Granpas have a way of being so right - MOST of the time.

Spooky it's time for the putting reset. Now the wife tells me it went away and it happens. She says it will come back. That's the part I can't imagine right now. The dreaded blue screen hard drive crash has taken over. A lag putt right now gets halfway there or rolls 5 to maybe even 10 feet past.

Have absolutely nothing to lose by approaching it like a first time golfer who's never even tried to putt. Couldn't possibly do something different that works out any worse. So here goes. "Plan B" time! What the heck, right? Might be fun to stumble on to something halfway respectable.

I know some guys bag sticks until the face is gone...and that’s cool for sure. But IMO, there’s always something better at some point even if it’s older...I swapped a Scotty for a $40 Cleveland and I’m putting better. For some people, feels change and you need to feed that new feel. For other people feels don’t change and don’t fix what isn’t broken.

Case in point, my driver shaft. I’ve played an Oban Devotion for years and it fits my swing better than anything else I’ve found. But I keep buying different shafts to try because what IF something fits better....so far I always go back to the Devo, but one day it may lose.... why wouldn’t I want 1-10% better?

A great golfer will always be better with any equipment, but I’m not great and any improvement I can get I will gladly take. So I love the experiments. The key to experimenting is NEVER get rid of a club you hit well...never. I have gone back to old clubs numerous times, but you have to still have them to go back to them.

Great points Spooky.

BTW, among my iron sets is a set of G25s. They are not jacked lofts. That started with the G30s. Then

Ping, starting with the Gs, stopped reinforcing the face and allowed them to flex. The G, G400 and G700

have trampoline faces; which are not good for accuracy or distance control IMO.

I like distance as much as anyone but like you I want it in my Driver, FWs and Hybrids. I don't want "distance"

irons. I want "accurate" irons; I'm not try to hit them as far as possible; I'm trying to hit them as close as

possible.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

The problem is Spooky that I've got a closet full of clubs I hit great ... for a while ... sometimes longer ... sometimes not so much. They work until they don't which may simply be signaling an unnoticed swing change.

I've come to the conclusion that we can play this game with pretty much anything as long as the fit is reasonable and there's a degree of continuity in the set-up because we will adapt our swings to whatever it is that we're hitting. Is it optimum? Probably not, but then you have to ask yourself about the law of diminishing returns. You'll never hear that from a club fitter or swing guru as they all hang their hat on the marginal gain. But, we all have to find our own motivations within the game.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

So now we have the "Bill" mystery in the Grille. It's good to keep it a mystery Bill. You do have a

sort of Hogan aura about you. Now it's been enhanced.

Years from now when most of us Grillsters are long gone the Bill Secret will live on and future

Grillsters will all be trying to figure out who she was...……..and so many will claim they have it

figured out but they will have no proof and no one will believe them anyway.

SLED Gemini

Great points Spooky.

BTW, among my iron sets is a set of G25s. They are not jacked lofts. That started with the G30s. Then

Ping, starting with the Gs, stopped reinforcing the face and allowed them to flex. The G, G400 and G700

have trampoline faces; which are not good for accuracy or distance control IMO.

I like distance as much as anyone but like you I want it in my Driver, FWs and Hybrids. I don't want "distance"

irons. I want "accurate" irons; I'm not try to hit them as far as possible; I'm trying to hit them as close as

possible.

Agreed. Maybe I need to get my lofts checked because my G25s are at least a club longer than anything else I’ve played..? Who knows what I’m swinging..lol.

The problem is Spooky that I've got a closet full of clubs I hit great ... for a while ... sometimes longer ... sometimes not so much. They work until they don't which may simply be signaling an unnoticed swing change.

I've come to the conclusion that we can play this game with pretty much anything as long as the fit is reasonable and there's a degree of continuity in the set-up because we will adapt our swings to whatever it is that we're hitting. Is it optimum? Probably not, but then you have to ask yourself about the law of diminishing returns. You'll never hear that from a club fitter or swing guru as they all hang their hat on the marginal gain. But, we all have to find our own motivations within the game.

That’s the beauty IMO...you meet clubs along the way that aren’t “fit” for you by a computer and a rep...but you find a club that does everything right. Keep those. Never part with them. Technology will pass them by, but they are still magic and relavent. You can always go back to those great feeling clubs and they will still work.

Another semi interesting vid

Hole in one insurance?

He sure does get around. Hole in one insurance? I'd be like that older guy "sshh"

SLED Gemini

https://www.amazon.com/Allstar-Performance-ALL14173-Telescoping-Magnet/dp/B003BZWQR6

Another swing aid for 4 or 5 bucks. Stick it on the face of irons, putter, whatever. Doesn't need to be telescoped. Set an alignment stick on the ground at a target and then with this doodad on the club set up as though you are firing at the target. Does the alignment stick and doodad line up nicely?

The common error - the face is pointing to the push side. Anyone have a guess why?

Happens to most all of us sooner or later.

Just a theory FWIW.

We put a sexy new club in hand. We SWING it with light grip pressure. We LET it do the work. We FEEL it doing its thing. We EXPERIENCE it and let it do whatever it was designed to do. Our hands are light on it's handle and we sense it's feedback. We even HEAR it.

After a little honeymoon period we might tend to pull the plugs on all of the above and slip into forcing it to do what we want - grip gets tighter and less sensitive to feedback. We stop hearing it. It's now an ugly baby.

New sticks can awaken our senses. An old faithful can be re-awakened, too even if it means it sits in a dark closet for a little spell while we get our own head out of our arse long enough to appreciate it again.

Now my sticks hold meetings with each other when I'm not around. They plan and scheme which end of the bag is going to get a little wonky for a while. They MUST have a picture of my putter with a goat or something cause there's every indication they've blackmailed her into submission. :haha:

It's OK though. Tomorrow's Plan B attack mode continues. Added weight this eve. (actually scotch taped a quarter on the backside flange). We're going to find (renew) some FEEL in that old girl. if I can't get that honeymoon revived, she's going to be sorry she listened to the other sticks. She and I had a nice talk this eve and she knows the deal!

Has anyone seen my lollipop? Elvis was here five minutes ago - on a blue pogo stick. It made a fart sound every time he hopped around the clock. Did I mention my putter has a quarter taped to it? .

Something happened on the way to the forum, not actually the forum, shopping to be exact.

DW and I were outside our favourite shop this morning 8.25 waiting for it to open, it opens spot on 8.30 when the automatic doors open to let in the shoppers. No one else waiting we were all on our lonesome when a young Asian lady walked in front of us, we were only 1ft from the door and waved her hand to activate the door, it did not open as it was not 8.30, it does not open untill 8.30we said and she walked away from the shop.

DW said queue jumper, but no she was gone, then we started thinking what was she doing.

Being Asian they are used to looking after their parents, elders are taken in by families and looked after, we concluded she saw us there, thought we did not know how to activate the door and so stopped by to help.

So the question is, should we be pleased someone thought we required help and tried to help or are we that old and decrepit looking we are not able to work out how to activate an automatic door.

Should we be pleased or horrified.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I guess that depends on your point-of-view, tol. Our next door neighbours are Chinese. They are a lovely young couple with two daughters. Their mothers take turns staying with them, Franks's mom in the winter months and then Alice's mom in the summer months as she is the gardener. Neither of these ladies can speak a lick of English, but they are always friendly and nod their heads in agreement even when they don't know what it is they're agreeing to. They're very good at smiling and saying thank you which other than hello and goodbye are the only English expressions they know. Based on my experiences with these people I would always think the best of them that they are trying to be helpful. I'm discovering that can be tough to get used to when you're used to not needing help with anything that all of a sudden the notion of folks offering. It can be a bit of a blow to the self esteem. I figure if they didn't care they wouldn't offer. :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Something happened on the way to the forum, not actually the forum, shopping to be exact.

DW and I were outside our favourite shop this morning 8.25 waiting for it to open, it opens spot on 8.30 when the automatic doors open to let in the shoppers. No one else waiting we were all on our lonesome when a young Asian lady walked in front of us, we were only 1ft from the door and waved her hand to activate the door, it did not open as it was not 8.30, it does not open untill 8.30we said and she walked away from the shop.

DW said queue jumper, but no she was gone, then we started thinking what was she doing.

Being Asian they are used to looking after their parents, elders are taken in by families and looked after, we concluded she saw us there, thought we did not know how to activate the door and so stopped by to help.

So the question is, should we be pleased someone thought we required help and tried to help or are we that old and decrepit looking we are not able to work out how to activate an automatic door.

Should we be pleased or horrified.

Pleased I would say since she was showing that she cared. Cultures are different, she learned to be nice in a case like this, and that's what she did. I think it was very nice.

I get a kick out of learning about cultures. Been watching some funny videos from a Brit couple named Joel and Lia on YouTube, they make fun of lots of stuff, all in good humor of course...In these cases Brit compared to US

When we reflected on it we were pleased in one way, however we think we look young for our age. And it’s a shock when others don’t see you that way.

We have decided that our son who is now seriously thinking of a partner should look seriously at the young Asian ladies. They are more respectful and trustworthy.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

When we reflected on it we were pleased in one way, however we think we look young for our age. And it’s a shock when others don’t see you that way.

We have decided that our son who is now seriously thinking of a partner should look seriously at the young Asian ladies. They are more respectful and trustworthy.

You did look very young in the pic you posted, I wouldn't feel bad about her trying to help at all. I'm not a spring chicken at 67 but I get things like that all the time. Funny, it's mostly by younger groups, calling me sir and stuff (sir, ugh) but its nice of them. People holding doors and things, I've had people get up and want me to sit in their chairs as they wait in restaurants in the lobby by the door waiting to be seated, ugh again, but very nice of them.

I've been taking a class for upper management at work all summer monthly. It's actually very good. The guy teaching does a wonderful job. Each session is all day, and done at a location away from work. There are 16 of us in the class, I'm the oldest of course, most of the others are probably 50 and younger down to 25. The teacher who has this great company which does this type of teaching is probably 55 years old. He's always saying things like "Ken and I are older than most of you so you might have a hard time relating to this but..." etc etc... trying to make me feel better and like we have this connection.... but dang, I'm a least a dozen years older than him. When the Beatles came out he was in diapers :) but, I appreciate him trying, and I think that's what she did for you. Heck, she probably just thought you were handsome and was trying to steal you away from DW :dntknw:

Regarding partners; I find it's best to have a completely open mind and stay the hell out of it when your children are involved. You know what they say about best intentions and unintended consequences...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I was listening to a podcast last night on the local sports radio station of a show dedicated to the fortunes of the local MLB squad and baseball in general. The host is a soccer fan having spent some time living in Germany earlier in his career so he has been running a segment in the show weekly where he gets co-host, former MLBer Kevin Barker to make picks of Bundesliga picks. I think the only reason he does this is to hear the South Carolina native Barker struggle with pronouncing the names.

Of course, the former pro baller is not about to get embarrassed so he has been doing his research when making his picks and has a fairly decent record. He picked all the WC games and I think he was right 2/3 of the time! So this week, the producer of the show decided that because no soccer was being played, Barker should offer up his picks for Carnoustie. That was met with a what the heck is Carnoustie? That wasn't so bad, but the show's host didn't know either! I was gobsmacked that a professional sports journalist didn't know the most basic stuff about golf! It left me wondering just what the heck do you do when you're down in Florida covering spring training. If he's not on the golf course then where is he? The dog races or a bar?

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I was listening to a podcast last night on the local sports radio station of a show dedicated to the fortunes of the local MLB squad and baseball in general. The host is a soccer fan having spent some time living in Germany earlier in his career so he has been running a segment in the show weekly where he gets co-host, former MLBer Kevin Barker to make picks of Bundesliga picks. I think the only reason he does this is to hear the South Carolina native Barker struggle with pronouncing the names.

Of course, the former pro baller is not about to get embarrassed so he has been doing his research when making his picks and has a fairly decent record. He picked all the WC games and I think he was right 2/3 of the time! So this week, the producer of the show decided that because no soccer was being played, Barker should offer up his picks for Carnoustie. That was met with a what the heck is Carnoustie? That wasn't so bad, but the show's host didn't know either! I was gobsmacked that a professional sports journalist didn't know the most basic stuff about golf! It left me wondering just what the heck do you do when you're down in Florida covering spring training. If he's not on the golf course then where is he? The dog races or a bar?

Not surprised he knew nothing about another sport, they do appear to be sport specific in their broadcasts, same in Australia no knowledge of anything outside their limited vision.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Not surprised he knew nothing about another sport, they do appear to be sport specific in their broadcasts, same in Australia no knowledge of anything outside their limited vision.

tol, I was watching some Australian football on one of my cable channels over the weekend. I will never understand it. I am attaching a women's game just to make it more interesting. Our football must be even more perplexing...

[media=]

[/media]

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)