Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

It must be the off-season (of golf) at least for me as I am finding myself perusing the pages of eBay looking for geezer golf clubs as the next possible set I might play should I get back to the game and in the meantime unload a few sets of gear that have become beyond my pay grade. Just a boring evening at home alone with nothing of real interest to watch. I mean, let's face it, who really wants to watch Boston versus NY anyway if you aren't a fan of those particular teams. I figure it would be best if they both lost and then we could have two rounds of Cleveland vs. Houston... :happy:

Is it just me or have golf clubs gotten awfully expensive lately? $700 drivers, $350 fairways, $1600 iron sets, the $200 wedge and the $350 putter! Gad zooks! :swoon: It will most definitely be second hand for me if I do buy any more and even those are getting up there in price. I remember buying new for less than what some folks want for a good used set! Might just force a guy into Frankensteining something together a la BIG STU.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Thought I'd check back in before I start my day. The doctor commercial is a howl. Imagine any doctor driving a Pontiac. Looked like the dashboard in the one car was a Chrysler, a Desoto or something. Reminds me of the doctor buying my Dad's 59 Biscayne, after the dealer spruced it up a bit. The gap of wealth wasn't so wide back then.

I recall my doctor in the 60's and 70's drove a black Imperial coupe, and either smoked a pipe or a white tipped cigarillo constantly. His office was small and shabby, even had those old time aluminum cigarette butt stands that held sand. He'd blow smoke in my face, while he was examining me. He was a pretty cool guy, in his houndstooth jacket. Always used to ask me if I was still tied to my mother's apron strings, or when I was going to get married. (I wasn't even 25 yet when he retired.)

When I worked as a site accountant for an engineering company in the mid 1980's, I was concerned about my pipe smoking. The company nurse advised me to "Smoke your pipe, Dave. Something's going to kill you anyhow." I would go to her office occasionally to drink coffee and kill time. She was always checking my blood pressure, which was normal. I think now she was trying to put the make on me. She ended up taking a nursing job in the state prison, near Pittsburgh.

Anyhow, just finished poisoning myself with a pipe full of tobacco, and two cups of coffee on the porch. My smoking will be curtailed with colder temperatures outside.

It must be the off-season (of golf) at least for me as I am finding myself perusing the pages of eBay looking for geezer golf clubs as the next possible set I might play should I get back to the game and in the meantime unload a few sets of gear that have become beyond my pay grade. Just a boring evening at home alone with nothing of real interest to watch. I mean, let's face it, who really wants to watch Boston versus NY anyway if you aren't a fan of those particular teams. I figure it would be best if they both lost and then we could have two rounds of Cleveland vs. Houston... :happy:

Is it just me or have golf clubs gotten awfully expensive lately? $700 drivers, $350 fairways, $1600 iron sets, the $200 wedge and the $350 putter! Gad zooks! :swoon: It will most definitely be second hand for me if I do buy any more and even those are getting up there in price. I remember buying new for less than what some folks want for a good used set! Might just force a guy into Frankensteining something together a la BIG STU.

Wait until January to buy used. Good bargains can be found on Callaway preowned an other sites. My current "modern" driver, an Optiforce 440, was about $50 last January. It lists for $100 as of yesterday. Even average condition is A1, Callaway does not sell junk. Always a new grip, and a new headcover is included.

Take care, guys.

I remember in our small town,the doctors office was in the garage next to his house. He renovated it,and it was well done inside,but it was still

a garage. It was normal to go anytime you needed. You could make an appointment if you wanted,but if something came up,you could just

stop in. And if you had an emergency or anything that couldn't wait until morning,you just called him or knocked on his door. No way that

would happen today. Course our emergency room was an hour away at that time.and a few of us older gents will remember all of the advertising

to insulate your homes with asbestos. And most homes were..Most buildings were too.And it was still normal for cigarettes to be given to young troops in nam..They came in goodie bags.....leave the mess tent and there was a large container at the door full of different brands..grab what ya wanted.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Never understood the fascination with Siamese cats. Everyone I ever ran across was mental, not to mention the sour and vicious disposition as well!

Being a farmer, I've always preferred the barn cat. Lots of variety in colouring and generally a pretty solid constitution due to the nature of their feral background. Our current cat, while growing testy with age, is really just a big affectionate suck who always wants to be the centre of attention. But, like tol's cats, she absolutely hates getting caught in the rain! She is currently sitting on top of the filing cabinet watching me type this message out with that look on her face of why aren't you paying attention to me? There's definitely a bit of Garfield in her!

Siamese cats are clowns, they play mad, they are the boss. The main thing with them is to keep them from wildlife. We have had many of them through the years and have always had a large cat run for them or take them for a walk on a lead. We like the way they play, flat out no quarter asked for or given. We have a miniature schnauzer and one of the cats likes him to play chase, so he walks up to him and pokes him, if he takes no notice he bites him untill the chase is on. They are not a small house cat and should never be allowed to roam.

Our other cat is a 15yo red Burmese like your cat he is cool demands attention and is the house boss, takes no rubbish from the others. When we lived out bush he was our snake cat, large or small they were chased off, he was clever enough to not engage either but kept them away from the house, the whole area was home to thousands of the worlds most poisonous snakes. He never chased birds but liked to bring his friendly hares into the house, he never killed them so we had live hares being dragged through the cat door.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

" if you aren't living on the edge,you're taking up too much room"

" Whoever said money cant buy happiness was shopping in the wrong places"

" two wrongs are just the beginning"

Awesome!

"Yesterday was the last day of the first of your life"

"A day early and a dollar over"

"Fast water runs shallow"

" the late bird goes hungry"

"

Show me a southern gal in a bra and I'll show you a Dixie cup.

What happens in Vegas stains in Vegas.

Wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers. But she whips out one single chocolate covered cherry, and she's outta here!

People in glass houses should not stow robes.

The only thing to fear is measured by the pant-load.

One year ago - first grandson born and daughter's wedding was happening. (two different kids and events btw - lol). What a week!

At the grandson's first b'day - we're told grandchild #2 is on the way. Cool!

So I evidently forgot one slight detail during the birds and bees talk with my Son. Yup. Forgot to tell him it's not a one-time deal. LMAO.

//////////////////////////////////

Know what you mean Radro about it being quiet in here. And we all know what happens when I'm left alone for too long.

Stories about a great uncle who stumbled onto the world's first fig newton whilst searching for a rash ointment have been known to unfold.

You often hear "if the shoe fits....................." but you never hear "that shoe don't fit" ......... or "that dog hunts" or

"he's smarter than a box of semiconductors" or "faster than box of minute rice"

What are the other sayings we are missing out on?

Let lying dogs sleep... haha

Can't get an edge in wordwise...

A thought for your pennies

Treeing up the wrong bark

Chewing up more than you can bite

Every lining has a silver cloud

Best sliced thing since bread

Kill two stones with one bird

A thousand pictures paint one word

The left has Elvis bullding

I can't read the white font. You might want to change the color.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

It's OK cause It's All gooooooooooooood................

SLED Gemini

Time for a little wake me up in the Grille. This one goes out to tol, inspired by his signature...

[media=]

[/media]

And with all this talk of Vegas...

[media=]

[/media]

Not bad for five guys from Kingston that met at Queens University and the rest as they say is history...

Was going to watch these but they are not available in Australia for some reason.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Time for a little wake me up in the Grille. This one goes out to tol, inspired by his signature...

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

Not bad for five guys from Kingston that met at Queens University and the rest as they say is history...

Was going to watch these but they are not available in Australia for some reason.

I had the same problem with the 1st one not being available in the US. The 2nd was for some odd

reason and was very good!

SLED Gemini

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

I had the same problem with the 1st one not being available in the US. The 2nd was for some odd

reason and was very good!

Same here.

So, we are in a cab on the west side highway in manhattan and

Theres like no cars. Going past the World Trade Center and its desolate.

Its like that Will Smith movie where theres no people left in the world.

Wife and I were freaking out.

Its like if the most packed highway in your area had no cars on it at rush hour

Then we realized

The Yankees are playing Boston right now! Lol

It was 41 degrees when I woke up this morning just west of Albuquerque. Drove all day to Dallas for a

drop at the Costco Warehouse here in the morning. It was 91 degrees when I got to Dallas in the late

afternoon. So I'm sitting here and the sun goes down and then all hell breaks loose and the wind kicks

up and then torrential rain blowing sideways and my truck is weaving back and forth and I'm thinking I

might get blown over just sitting here............and then everything goes quite and dead still and it's all

overwith.

I made up my mind that come Oct.1 I wasn't going to take any more runs up to the PNW cause I know

what happens in Wyoming come October. Actually Wyoming has 2 seasons; July and Winter....anyway.

it's snowing in Wyoming and I'm so glad I'm not there negotiating those slick roads. I've seen I-80 turn

into a truck graveyard up there for those dumb enough to try driving when the snow is falling and the

winds are gusting to 60 mph. The roads ice up and the trucks go careening into ditches and roll over

and it's just a mess and the road ends up closed; sometimes for days until the mess is cleaned up and

the roads are safe to drive again.

I'm on my way back to Georgia from California with this load. I'm only going to run the southwest until

I retire at the end of the month. Snow may be pretty but winter driving in a big truck......in places like

Wyoming...........no more. I've had enough. I sat for 3 days in Cheyenne one year at the beginning of

October because I-80 and I-25 were both closed due to accidents , slick roads and bad weather.

SLED Gemini

Then we realized

On a much smaller scale...much smaller..

it gets like that here when Alabama and Auburn play each other.

Once each year they do it; they take turns being the home team

99.9% of the TV sets in the state are tuned in.

Last year Auburn won at home; handing Alabama their only loss

of the season. This year it's in Tuscaloosa; home of the Tide.

SLED Gemini

Bsc in a sports time warp. Radro in a temperature warp.

My buds here are stuck in a space and time machine.

This coming weekend - the wife and I will be heading into the western end of North Carolina to attend a wedding. While we'll actually be in nearby Asheville, this vid shows the general lay of the land and many of the same highways we'll be passing over. For those not aware, the Carolinas are sort of three topographical areas. The west is mountainous - not exactly Pike's Peak Mountains but many leave you driving up or downhill for about 10 straight (winding) miles. In central Carolina, the mountains ease up - a lot. The land is marked by rolling hills with far fewer ups and downs. That area is known as the Piedmont. And then there's the "low lands" or coastal areas closer to where our bud Stu lives.

Well I'm never going to be the photographer Scotee is. But I found this and since we'll be on the road heading this way soon... though I'd share the ways of the road in western North Carolina with you gents.

[media=]

[/media]

This coming weekend - the wife and I will be heading into the western end of North Carolina to attend a wedding. While we'll actually be in nearby Asheville, this vid shows the general lay of the land and many of the same highways we'll be passing over. For those not aware, the Carolinas are sort of three topographical areas. The west is mountainous - not exactly Pike's Peak Mountains but many leave you driving up or downhill for about 10 straight (winding) miles. In central Carolina, the mountains ease up - a lot. The land is marked by rolling hills with far fewer ups and downs. That area is known as the Piedmont. And then there's the "low lands" or coastal areas closer to where our bud Stu lives.

Well I'm never going to be the photographer Scotee is. But I found this and since we'll be on the road heading this way soon... though I'd share the ways of the road in western North Carolina with you gents.

[media=]

[/media]

That's a beauty! Thanks for posting it.

On what I was saying before about Wyoming...........here's a video by a trucker who was in the middle

of a winter Wyoming mess.............ugh.........this is why i stay the heck outta there once the weather turns.

I don't trust other drivers who can be idiots in dangerous conditions.

SLED Gemini

OK, let's try this again.

This footage was from the last concert Gord Downie (front man) gave just before succumbing to brain cancer.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Then we realized

Oh, man, I love college ball and Alabama Auburn is as big as it gets!

Just nothing like it.

Prolly even bigger hoopla than yanks/sox.

Thats something we dont have in NY, big time college football.

OK, let's try this again.

[media=]

[/media]

This footage was from the last concert Gord Downie (front man) gave just before succumbing to brain cancer.

Now we're gett'n there. So hard to imagine being out there rock'n like that and being snatched from life shortly after. If there's any justice he didn't suffer.

That's a beauty! Thanks for posting it.

On what I was saying before about Wyoming...........here's a video by a trucker who was in the middle

of a winter Wyoming mess.............ugh.........this is why i stay the heck outta there once the weather turns.

I don't trust other drivers who can be idiots in dangerous conditions.

In my life I've never seen this level of carnage up close like this. Incredible. Don't blame you for bringing your final driving days in for a landing without this potential in the mix. Severe weather, fog and the like.... heck take as many of them out of the equation as you can. What are they going to do - fire you? Stay safe Radro. You're almost home free.

Then we realized

Just nothing like it.

Texas Oklahoma may be the biggest and longest rivalry. They had a whale of a game today with Texas

scoring the upset beating Oklahoma 48-45 with a final seconds field goal after Oklahoma had erased a

45-24 deficit. I listened to the game. It was a wild one.

Auburn not looking good lately. Got whooped by Mississippi State tonight. Alabama, on the other hand

is cruising. Tua is putting up some amazing stats. Hasn't thrown 1 pick, has 18 TD passes and only 23

incomplete passes in 6 games; most of which he only plays the first half and then makes room for Jalen

to get some reps to stay fresh.

SLED Gemini

Recall the old cigarette ad, "Winstons taste good, like a cigarette should." The ad featured someone asking, if you want good grammar or good taste.

Just saw a question on Jeopardy earlier this week. It seems Kent cigarettes had a Micronite filter. Had asbestos in it. If the cigarettes didn't kill you, the asbestos would. I recall the brand.

"Call for Phillip Morris."

LSMFT Lucky Strike means fine tobacco.

Watching some of the old commercials on youtube is quite entertaining. One sponsor of the Beverly Hillbillies was Winston. I don't recall that, only Kelloggs corn flakes. The commercial shows Jed and Granny extoling the virtues of Winstons. Granny has the cig sticking out of her corncob pipe. Another has Jethro telling Miss Jane that he wishes he was old enough to smoke Winstons.

Today's ads are just telling people how to kill themselves in a different fashion.

Golfed nine yesterday. Never saw the course wetter. Feet soaked, haven't sprung for the Dryjoys yet. Looked at a lot of reviews, though, on different shoes. Every one I saw gives rave reviews to different brands and models. Then one or two guys comment about their feet getting wet on the first hole, the only walkers, I guess. 0% chance of rain yesterday, and it still poured for a few minutes around 4:00 pm.

A mild, dry winter is what I'm hoping for.

Keep dry, guys.

I agree on the cigarette commercials Wriggs, here's an ironic one, check this out, looking back on it now, makes you wonder what we may be doing wrong nowadays that they make wonder about 60 years from now?

[media=]

[/media]

And the non filters are even smother. Just ask your throat.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Then we realized

Just nothing like it.

Texas Oklahoma may be the biggest and longest rivalry. They had a whale of a game today with Texas

scoring the upset beating Oklahoma 48-45 with a final seconds field goal after Oklahoma had erased a

45-24 deficit. I listened to the game. It was a wild one.

Auburn not looking good lately. Got whooped by Mississippi State tonight. Alabama, on the other hand

is cruising. Tua is putting up some amazing stats. Hasn't thrown 1 pick, has 18 TD passes and only 23

incomplete passes in 6 games; most of which he only plays the first half and then makes room for Jalen

to get some reps to stay fresh.

Yeah, looked like a barn burner, I was up at my folks and only saw that last Oklamhoma TD drive.

Couldnt watch any more than that...Dad had me on fence post and rock drilling duty ; )

I remember in our small town,the doctors office was in the garage next to his house. He renovated it,and it was well done inside,but it was still

a garage. It was normal to go anytime you needed. You could make an appointment if you wanted,but if something came up,you could just

stop in. And if you had an emergency or anything that couldn't wait until morning,you just called him or knocked on his door. No way that

would happen today. Course our emergency room was an hour away at that time.and a few of us older gents will remember all of the advertising

to insulate your homes with asbestos. And most homes were..Most buildings were too.And it was still normal for cigarettes to be given to young troops in nam..They came in goodie bags.....leave the mess tent and there was a large container at the door full of different brands..grab what ya wanted.

I sometimes wonder how the world got the way it is today. Just little by little, everything normal becomes abnormal. As a little boy, I recall two times the doctor made house calls to our house, the last around 1959. The doctor gave me a penicillin shot in the rear for the flu. House calls didn't maximize a doctor's valuable time, but an appointment scheduled months in advance doesn't cure anyone. The missus is constantly going to the different doctors, for whatever maladies the medical profession can think up. Tests for this and that, and actual treatment is nil. One doctor referring patients to another specialist or such to spread out liability in case of lawsuit. I dread getting sick, and actually being dependent upon the current medical system. My father passed away in 2005, and his last 7 years were an endless stream of doctor, specialist visits, countless tests. He rarely had a week without some kind of medical visit. And after his initial hospital visit, he was relatively healthy, just needed medicine for a heart condition. Just constant referrals from one doctor to another. I hope I just drop dead, instead of all that BS

Practice management is the most important part of a doctor's training. Now, the doctors charge for every little thing, a note or something on their letterhead, for example.

Enough of that rant.

I was stationed in Fort Knox, never went overseas. Cigarettes were given away freely at the service clubs, and other places. A pack in the PX was 24 cents, or $2.40 a carton, two carton limit a purchase. Didn't smoke them, only an occasional pack. Smoked a pipe once in a while, usually Half and Half or Borkum Riff in a cob. I recall H&H was 20 cents, and Borkum was 35 cents. Now, $4.75 and $ 8.79 respectively.

Golf was $2 for 18 holes. No carts, you carry or trolley clubs, and just golf. No "golf experience." Just a pleasant time to golf and enjoy a candy bar and a soda pop at the turn.

Oh ,.well.

Then we realized

I can relate to that on 2 occasions one being very recent

Back when I was living in the Upstate of SC I was a Volunteer Fireman. Our local High School Football team was in the State Championship in Columbia SC some 100 miles away. I had not paid it any attention since I was not into that sort of thing> Now I will interject here those folks lived and breathed High School Football. Anyhow that Saturday I was contemplating an easy Saturday since I was off and the wife was at work and we were not racing that night. I went up the road to a local truckstop to eat breakfast. Ran into a friend of mine who was a fellow volunteer firefighter in fact the Chief of one of our neighboring departments. He was also a 911 dispatcher for his real job and was just getting off shift. We ate breakfast together. He left and was going home to get some rest and I was going to piddle in the shop some. I was at the house when his department got a call which was a barn fire. Heard him check in but no one else. About 5 minutes later no one else from his department or their back up department had checked in. He called me on the radio and asked if I copied. I told him yes. He told me go to his station and get a pumper truck. About a 15 mile run for me. Ended up with his pumper on that fire and with help from a few scattered guys from other departments got the fire out. Ended up being a crazy day had a rash of calls all over the county. LOL ran calls all over the county in his truck. Even had to back the city up on a couple of calls since they had only 6 men manning the station that day (normal shift). Put close to 200 miles on his pumper that day. Everyone was in Columbia. Man we gave people hell for the next month. The whole county could have burned down and those guys were watching a football game. We did have back up from neighboring counties and 2 counties in NC which border that county. Figured it out later without counting the 6 paid city firefighters on staff we had a scattered total of only 6 Volunteers left in the whole county and it is the second largest county in SC land mass wise. Of course on the practical side people were volunteers and were not obligated to be on standby. So much for the laid back Saturday.

The most recent one was during the hurricane evacuations. Everyone on my street except my neighbor and I bugged out. With the main roads being out going only there was no traffic around here. Everything was closed. That Thursday before the storm gave new meaning to calm before the storm. No traffic on either US 17 Business or Bypass no sirens. Actually it was so quiet you could hear a Rat pee on a bale of cotton. Absolutely no traffic. My park looked like ghost town. You would have to know this area to appreciate it. Needless to say it was eerie

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I sometimes wonder how the world got the way it is today. Just little by little, everything normal becomes abnormal. As a little boy, I recall two times the doctor made house calls to our house, the last around 1959. The doctor gave me a penicillin shot in the rear for the flu. House calls didn't maximize a doctor's valuable time, but an appointment scheduled months in advance doesn't cure anyone. The missus is constantly going to the different doctors, for whatever maladies the medical profession can think up. Tests for this and that, and actual treatment is nil. One doctor referring patients to another specialist or such to spread out liability in case of lawsuit. I dread getting sick, and actually being dependent upon the current medical system. My father passed away in 2005, and his last 7 years were an endless stream of doctor, specialist visits, countless tests. He rarely had a week without some kind of medical visit. And after his initial hospital visit, he was relatively healthy, just needed medicine for a heart condition. Just constant referrals from one doctor to another. I hope I just drop dead, instead of all that BS

Practice management is the most important part of a doctor's training. Now, the doctors charge for every little thing, a note or something on their letterhead, for example.

Enough of that rant.

I was stationed in Fort Knox, never went overseas. Cigarettes were given away freely at the service clubs, and other places. A pack in the PX was 24 cents, or $2.40 a carton, two carton limit a purchase. Didn't smoke them, only an occasional pack. Smoked a pipe once in a while, usually Half and Half or Borkum Riff in a cob. I recall H&H was 20 cents, and Borkum was 35 cents. Now, $4.75 and $ 8.79 respectively.

Golf was $2 for 18 holes. No carts, you carry or trolley clubs, and just golf. No "golf experience." Just a pleasant time to golf and enjoy a candy bar and a soda pop at the turn.

Oh ,.well.

You talk about prices on stuff I can remember some of the prices at the old man's course. We had a cigarette machine in the corner pack of smokes 0.25 Fountain Coke 0.15 Pack of cheese crackers or nabs as we called them 0.10 prepared sandwiches that you put in the infrared oven anywhere from 0.50 to a Ham and Cheese which was 0.75--- Later on Hot Dogs were 0.50 each with a table full of fixings. Rounds on the Par 3 course 0.75 or 18 for $1.25 no carts on the par 3 course-- Regulation golf $1.25 for 9 walking electric cart add $1 per 9 18 holes was like $2.25 but a electric cart was still $1 extra per 9. Pull carts or trolleys were 0.25 per 9 and if someone wanted one for the Par 3 course they let them have one for that for free. Golf Balls I think the premium brands were like 0.75 each. Lake balls were 5 for $1 and if someone wanted 1 or 2 for the par 3 the old man would tell them " aw hell just grab you a couple" Beer was 0.50 a can and this was before pull tabs and we had 2 of those big openers on each end of the counter. Wednesday afternoons and the weekends were our biggest days. The hustlers were around there during the week. Since that was their 'jobs" they took off on Wednesday afternoons and the weekends. LOL most of the hustlers bet so many ball games or were booking bets themselves that the weekends they did not have time for golf

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Way back when I spent two years interning on the volunteer fire department. Fires were one thing, but it was always the traffic collisions that were the worst. I'm sure the internship was all about seeing if you had the stomach for the job and wouldn't freak out in high stress situations. I had been to enough barn fires as a kid to just sort of follow his lead, no words were ever said, it was just understood that they lead by example and more bodies aided in the speed in which stock could be evacuated.

The worst one was right next door to where I live now. It was early June and the neighbour had just finished filling his barn with hay. Hay that contained lots of dandelions! It heated and started to smolder. A bunch of us showed up right around supper time and began the process of emptying the barn of about 3000 bales of hay. 3000 really hot bales of hay! I don't know how the heck that stuff didn't just combust spontaeously when it hit the open air. There were two charged lines up into the barn mow and another crew was soaking down each load of hay as it was unloaded out of the wagons into piles in the surrounding field. We had to take turns up in the mow as it was so hot you could barely breath and the hay was so hot that you could feel it coming up through the soles of my work boots. That was the hardest I ever worked in my life! No one was hurt and nothing was lost beyond the hay. We were all incredibly lucky I think.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Remember the fire siren test at noon that would always go off every day if you lived in a small town? We actually had a fire once at noon, this was probably around 1960, they had a heckuva time getting anyone to come to the station, they just left it on, and I guess people still thought it just got stuck. Some house burnt down just outside of town. Most all of the people on the fire department eventually smelled the smoke along with everyone else, which made its way across town. Cell phones and beepers- no such thing, neither were lawsuits for not showing up.

I also remember, and of course this still happens, whenever there was a fire, some people had do follow the trucks, or walk to where the fire was so they could stare, be glad it wasn't them, feel bad about the fire and for the people.

Then we realized

All about the Cardinals/Cubs around here. If you go to Busch you'll see a lot of Cub blue. Same with Wrigley. A lot of Cardinal red. Unfortunately, neither are playing in the playoffs. No one to root for....or against. Lol. Gonna jump on the Cleveland wagon. Mrs. C is a big fan.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)