Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Reading the head-wringing and epitaphs this a.m. on OSU v. UM has been rather humorous. Wolverine nation was quite confident this was their year to beat OSU. "Revenge tour" they were calling it. They did seem to be ripe for the picking. Only to be slapped down convincingly. Apparently, many forgot who and where they were playing. From this impartial observer, OSU was to big, fast and well prepared. UM's coaching staff seemingly had no solution. The only hope they have left for beating the Buckeyes is for Urbs pack his bags and leave town.

Still the conference 'ship games to be played. So never know if an upset will occur. But may be to many teams for OSU to leap-frog to move into the CFP final four. Especially if Oklahoma beats Texas for the Big 12 'ship.

Alabama - Likely in win or lose against GA. Clemson - Assuming they will easily handle Pitt. ND - Season over. No way the committee is leaving out an undefeated ND. Oklahoma - Beat Texas (and GA loss), in. It's really Alabama against the field anyway. They're that much better than everyone else.

Agree, Bama is way better, finely tuned machine for sure. ND I think is overrated, plus when everyone else is off next week trying to win conference championships, they are conveniently not playing in one, not being a member of any conference. This just isn't right. I mean some of the teams they 'fighting'ed and irish'ed this year- Navy 3-9 Ball State 4-8 Virginia Tech 5-6 FSU 5-7 USC 5-7 Wake Forest 6-6 But heck, they're 61st in passing yds. 99th in rushing yds. and 54th in total yds. for the year per game and still # 3 in the country? C'mon... how'zatt? The only ranked team they've beaten was Michigan and that was by just a touchdown.

Please can someone explain a good way to interpret all this information, sitting here with my brain doing somersaults.

I have no idea tol, I'm a Cleveland Indians fan :dntknw: ... go tribe!

Hot one out back today, running at 116* by lunchtime.

As I get older I'm beginning to hate the cold. It sure got to me last winter and it is already getting to me this season even though it hasn't really been cold yet, but if the trade-off to avoid it is 116° F you can have that too! Guess I'll have to invest in more pairs of long underwear... :rolleyes:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I do think he has the highest QB rating in college football. I guess we'll see what the Heisman

committee does.

Actually that would be Kyler Murray of the Sooners, so we're both wrong, I think they would have to do the Heisman Maneuver on us... :dntknw:

http://www.espn.com/...ype/player-week

Ya, here's the top 5 contenders according to SI

https://www.si.com/c...-dwayne-haskins

Dang, you're right, Tua did have a good day yesterday against an un-ranked team (haha don't ya love it?)

I was trying to think of who Ohio state played, I'm thinking it was the #1 defense, not sure...

Anyway, the Heimlich Maneuver will be a tough pick this year...

Ya, it's like they're part of the unwashed being unranked. You beat who? Why, they're lower than

low, they're.................unranked...........why does OSU lose by 30 to an.....unranked....once a year?

Did you know some teams got ranked this year for the first time ever? They went to Waffle House

to celebrate. Hey, we're ranked, make it covered, smothered and topped to simulate our awesome

defense!

Defense? There were jokes going around today about the mansion Urban has built and lives in inside

Harbaugh's head. Ah, the pundits can be brutal.

So, the committee favors a "complete" team......but what about the Sooners? Does defense really

matter if you can outscore your opponents instead? All the rave reviews about that Rams/Saints game

because it was a great shootout. Fans don't want to see.............I remember when the Rams lost a

playoff game to the Vikings 2-0........that's not even............well.....soccer anybody??

Maybe the Big 12....and OSU have it right.........who cares about defense if you can outscore everyone?

It's just win baby, right? Even Nick Saban has gotten on the bandwagon thanks to Tua. Nick was all

about defense and ball control...........now he's like..........Hey Tua, air it out man! Who cares if we give

up 31 points if we scored 65!!??....nah, Nick wants it both ways....he liked those shutouts against LSU

and Mississippi State.

Actually, when the Citadel scored against Bama after those shutouts they tweeted out....WE SCORED!!

IT WASN'T THAT HARD.....rubbing some LSU and MS State noses in the mud, lol.

I think with all the rules designed to make the game safer, defenses have been handcuffed and now

some teams are like..............boat race, bring it on!.........it's......safer.

Well, it's going to be very interesting Tuesday night to see who the playoff committee has at #4.

The new thing for SEC schools the week before all the end of season "big games". Scheduling a non-conference patsy to play. WTF. Resting the starters much? Alabama v. Citadel (!!), Georgia v. UMass (!!), Auburn v. Liberty (!!! C'mon), LSU v. Rice (!!). If I was the Exalted Ruler of sport, teams would only play conference games in November. Of course Citadel could score, they were playing against 'Bama's 5th string. Roll Tide.

ND did have an opportunity to join a conference, back about the time Nebraska joined the Big 10. They declined, preferring to keep the revenue stream from NBC coming in and having to share it with no one. Interestingly, they joined the ACC for every other sport other than FB. I dislike ND just as much as that other school with funny helmets. Nevertheless, they have a cred in the realm of college football. A "Win one for the Gipper" mythology (Thanks, Ronnie). Makes no difference what their stat line is, who they played, or what the final scores were. A 12-0 ND is not going to back out of the CFB rankings simply because they're season is completed. Might not like it, question the validity, think they're frauds (May be. Perhaps they will drop one spot and have to play Alabama in the semi. And get exposed). The committee doesn't want the "Wrath of God" to descend upon their house. They're in.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

As I get older I'm beginning to hate the cold. It sure got to me last winter and it is already getting to me this season even though it hasn't really been cold yet, but if the trade-off to avoid it is 116° F you can have that too! Guess I'll have to invest in more pairs of long underwear... :rolleyes:

I agree about the cold, took us one day to become acclimatised to Australian weather, or should I say Queensland weather.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Tol. In anser to your query. A longish brief of what we've been talking about above. A system to determine the eventual college football national champion. Endless amounts of pomp and chatter leading up to the event, with much prestige and accolades bestowed upon the winner. Not to mention, a boatload of money to all involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_Playoff

Reading these posts makes me aware that I have no idea what a conference is, in Australia there are a set amount if teams that play each other year in year out and they only change if another team is formed or disbands which is very rare.

So what is a conference and how is it teams are in and out at different times?

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Tol. In anser to your query. A longish brief of what we've been talking about above. A system to determine the eventual college football national champion. Endless amounts of pomp and chatter leading up to the event, with much prestige and accolades bestowed upon the winner. Not to mention, a boatload of money to all involved.

So can only conference teams win the top game.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I have read the Wikipedia page and am even more confused, in Australia selection for finals is based purely on a win loss basis, not a selection committee.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I hate the cold weather, too. Too many aches and pains anymore, the cold, wet weather makes it much worse. Yesterday was a nice 50 degree sunny day. Started my day carrying a heavy pumpkin a couple blocks away to the fire hall, where people can throw shrubbery and grass cuttings. I must have did something to my upper back in the process. It's been hurting since. (Real smart.)

Drove to the course to pick up bookkeeping work and walked 7 holes. Made my back worse. Wednesday, I have a chiropractic appointment, so I hope he fixes me up.

Watched the end of "Terms of Endearment" with Jack Nicholson and Shirley McClain. A real cheerer upper, when the daughter dies of cancer. Never watched the movie, ever, just the last part yesterday. Don't need that kind of depressing entertainment.

First day of deer hunting season today in Pennsylvania. A good reason to stay home. Guys out in the woods with high powered rifles, not good.

Take care, guys.

A conference is a means to divide up all the participating teams in a sport into equal numbers. Then within the conference, there is typically a division. Roughly equal in number, and based on geographical proximity. Let's use the National Football League as an example.

There are 32 teams in the league. Two conferences, National Football Conference (NFC) and American Football Conference (AFC). Within each conference, there are four divisions (labeled according to compass points) containing four teams each and based on proximity to one another. Each team within a division will play each other 2X (home and away) and then 8 additional games against teams outside of the division (may be in the same conference, or cross conference). For a total of 16 games. Each division winner is in the playoffs. Plus two additional teams per conference as wild cards (based on record and a set of tie-breakers if necessary). The games continue to eventually determine a champion for each conference, and subsequently a berth in the "Super Bowl". Which is the NFL's championship game.

Conferences in college is a bit different. There are multiple "conferences" around the country based on school size, geographic location, and occasionally academic rigor. For example. Michigan State University (56,000 students) is a member of the Big 10 conference (14 teams, two divisions). Another school, Albion College (1,568 students) is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) that has nine teams and no divisions. They play against other small, private colleges in the geographic area. Two entirely different size conferences and with whom they compete against.

In college football, there are five so called "power" conferences. The big boys: Big 10, Southeastern Conference (SEC), Pacific-12 (Pac-12), Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and the Big-12. Basically established along geographic locales, but that has become more convoluted these days. Each conference will have two divisions, in order to establish an end of season conference championship game. Typically, the winners of each conference will be in strong contention for one of the final four slots in the playoff system. Except this year. Notre Dame (ND) is an independent (no conference affiliation) and has made the case by going undefeated that they will be one of the four. Therefore, there's going to be a couple of 1 loss "odd man out" teams. It's all about getting into the show and see what transpires.

Then there is college basketball, and things get really confusing. The tournament in March consists of 64 teams. Multiple mid-major and small conference schools qualify by winning there respective championships. And get to play against the big boys, and occasionally upset them. The talent pool in college basketball is much more evenly distributed. Making for more competitive and exciting games. Especially during a "win or done" tournament.

Hope this explains it some.

https://en.wikipedia...ootball_Playoff

In general, yes. As all schools are members of a conference. Except one, a big one. Notre Dame. They remain an independent in football. And are likely to receive one of the four spots open in the playoff. The committee's task is to establish the final season ranking of teams. All that matters is receiving sufficient votes from the committee in order to be one of the "final four" to get into the playoff games (two semi's and the final).

While the system has faults, it's better than how a NC was determined BITD (before 1998). Then, you had two polls, the AP and Coaches, voting on what team should be the national champion once the end of the year "bowl games" had been completed. One team would be "determined" the champion, and in all likelihood never having played against the second place team.

The last year ('97) of the prior method resulted in co-national champions. Michigan (voted by the AP Poll) and Nebraska (voted by Coaches Poll). Although the Wolvies conveniently ignore this minor fact. They've always proclaimed themselves as THE NC, forever and always.

Don't feel bad tol. I live right next door to this madness that is US college football and I still have no idea how they determine the national champion as it seems to be a moving target with no specific game designated as the title game such as the Super Bowl that fella has made mention of.

I guess I must be in the minority though as we now have US college games broadcast on cable up here. One of the all sport networks carries games every Saturday throughout the college football season. It's a bit of a curiosity to me that US college ball is on TV and yet the Canadian version, the CIS, only gets air time once the playoffs arrive with the only opportunity to see regular season games being buying a ticket and attending in person! Maybe they want it that way on purpose because we don't have anything remotely like the rabid fan base you get with US college ball.

In the end, broadcasters will carry whatever there is a demand for. As a result, we have an eclectic mix of sport on TV from US college football to Premier League, UEFA, Bundesliga along with the major NA team sports. They even find room for niche sports like skiing, bobsleigh and curling in winter with periodic appearances of pro cycling in the summer.

I find that the more choice there is, the less that I'm inclined to watch. They had a 6 hour pre-game show for the Grey Cup! Just how much can you over analyze that? I ended up watching some of the final round of the World Cup of Golf. It's almost refreshing to watch some great golf without all the hype that typically accompanies a PGA tour stop.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

In general, yes. As all schools are members of a conference. Except one, a big one. Notre Dame. They remain an independent in football. And are likely to receive one of the four spots open in the playoff. The committee's task is to establish the final season ranking of teams. All that matters is receiving sufficient votes from the committee in order to be one of the "final four" to get into the playoff games (two semi's and the final).

While the system has faults, it's better than how a NC was determined BITD (before 1998). Then, you had two polls, the AP and Coaches, voting on what team should be the national champion once the end of the year "bowl games" had been completed. One team would be "determined" the champion, and in all likelihood never having played against the second place team.

The last year ('97) of the prior method resulted in co-national champions. Michigan (voted by the AP Poll) and Nebraska (voted by Coaches Poll). Although the Wolvies conveniently ignore this minor fact. They've always proclaimed themselves as THE NC, forever and always.

Thanks Fella, a good summation, it does seem very complicated but I imagine the Australian system would not work mainly because of the number of teams in the game. With rugby league there are several competitions, the national league where every team plays each other on a home and away basis, the top teams then have a play off based on the number of points, two for a win, one for a draw. There is a predetermined order for playing each other dependant on the points, there is also an allowance for teams based on their position to lose a game and still be in the finals, it finishes with four teams playing the semis and then the finals. There are also regional competitions of second string teams, these are used as feeder teams for the division one teams, they have a seperate competition run the same as the division one comp. if a division one team is short of a player during the season they take a player from their feeder team, this is also an opportunity for that player to negotiate a better contract next season.

I suppose their are many similarities in how they are run, the main difference is the massive number of teams and players, it must be difficult keeping track of everything that is happening.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Don't feel bad tol. I live right next door to this madness that is US college football and I still have no idea how they determine the national champion as it seems to be a moving target with no specific game designated as the title game such as the Super Bowl that fella has made mention of.

I guess I must be in the minority though as we now have US college games broadcast on cable up here. One of the all sport networks carries games every Saturday throughout the college football season. It's a bit of a curiosity to me that US college ball is on TV and yet the Canadian version, the CIS, only gets air time once the playoffs arrive with the only opportunity to see regular season games being buying a ticket and attending in person! Maybe they want it that way on purpose because we don't have anything remotely like the rabid fan base you get with US college ball.

In the end, broadcasters will carry whatever there is a demand for. As a result, we have an eclectic mix of sport on TV from US college football to Premier League, UEFA, Bundesliga along with the major NA team sports. They even find room for niche sports like skiing, bobsleigh and curling in winter with periodic appearances of pro cycling in the summer.

I find that the more choice there is, the less that I'm inclined to watch. They had a 6 hour pre-game show for the Grey Cup! Just how much can you over analyze that? I ended up watching some of the final round of the World Cup of Golf. It's almost refreshing to watch some great golf without all the hype that typically accompanies a PGA tour stop.

When I lived in the UK soccer and cricket were the main TVsports, not a fan of either, I do like a variety.

Watched most of all four rounds of the golf World Cup, some brilliant golf and also some very ordinary shot selection, I think there must be some chance for all of us if the pros can make such basic errors.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Thanks Fella, a good summation, it does seem very complicated but I imagine the Australian system would not work mainly because of the number of teams in the game. With rugby league there are several competitions, the national league where every team plays each other on a home and away basis, the top teams then have a play off based on the number of points, two for a win, one for a draw. There is a predetermined order for playing each other dependant on the points, there is also an allowance for teams based on their position to lose a game and still be in the finals, it finishes with four teams playing the semis and then the finals. There are also regional competitions of second string teams, these are used as feeder teams for the division one teams, they have a seperate competition run the same as the division one comp. if a division one team is short of a player during the season they take a player from their feeder team, this is also an opportunity for that player to negotiate a better contract next season.

I suppose their are many similarities in how they are run, the main difference is the massive number of teams and players, it must be difficult keeping track of everything that is happening.

Some numbers for perspective. As of 2016, there were 774 universities and colleges that provide a football program. Of that, there are 130 schools in the Division 1, FBS (football bowl sub-division). These are the only schools with a chance of winning a NC. A secondary subdivision, the Division 1, FCS (football championship sub-division) are comprised of mid-size schools and play for their own and separate championship. Additionally and going still smaller in size of the school, there's a Division II and III that play for a championship.

No way to possibly keep track of all teams and games, unless one is a real CFB junkie. I would add, one of the real joys of watching college football is to attend a small college game on a nice day. An absolutely perfect way to spend an afternoon in the fall. I've been to several over the years. It's a real pleasure walking around a small college campus before and after the game. Something about a small college environment that harkens back to a different time. Bucolic, traditional. Students, parents, local town people, alumni, attendance measured in the couple of thousand. Watching kids play the game for no other reason than they enjoy participating. Games that have their own level of rivalry between certain schools (Alma v. Albion was the one I attended a few times). An atmosphere that cannot be replicated attending or watching big-time college football. Highly recommended for anyone that has the opportunity to go at least once.

Answers to the next questions in your own words without looking them up... explain college football camps, combines, recruiting. scholarships, and pro draft system, and you get the flashing hat award... :busted_cop:

I worked with a guy (now retired) and his two sons went through this whole process. It was amazing to be with him here at work as he described the stuff that really happens throughout these activities...

Fella addressed the college playoff system in the post above yours. It used to be somewhat of a

mess in years past. To address the chaos a playoff commitee was established to pick the 4 best

teams at season's end to complete for the national title. Those teams are ranked 1-4 with a semi

final held with 1 playing 4 and 2 playing 3. The winners of those games then play the final match

to determine the national champion.....a college "super bowl" so to speak, though, admittedly the

4 teams are "chosen". There has been talk of expanding to an 8 team playoff and we may get

there eventually. The concern is the extra time it takes to play those extra games and the grind it

would put these kids and programs through.

No matter whether you cut it off at 4 teams or 8, a team that narrowly misses being picked to play

will likely have a good gripe for being left out. There's just no way to get around that. Football just

does not lend itself to a 64 team tournament at the end of the year to determine a national champion

as college basketball does. It's way too rough a game for that.

We are now in the 5th year of this present system. You can Wiki the college football playoff to see

which 4 teams have been picked the past 4 years and how those games went and who won each

game and who won the national championship those years.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

To give you a true perspective, the NRL or the national rugby league has a total of 16 teams, one of these being from New Zealand. And this is the major sport. Cricket has its own national competition from which the national team is picked this runs on a massive six state teams, that’s correct six. So you can see the American numbers are somewhat overwhelming.

There are many minor competitions but these rarely if ever make the news, as Ihave posted they are used as feeder clubs for the main competition.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Another point to ponder, Australia and America are about the same physical size. The numbers you give blows my mind. There is a call for another rugby league team in Queensland, it has been turned down by the league bosses.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

They are smart.. It will keep the talent pool from being diluted and will insure a pro level event for the fans, A lot of games here ,in baseball,football,

hockey,basketball,should never be played due to talent differences. Same has filtered down to college. Coaches making millions,at a

taxpayer funded school,playing schools that are 1/10th their size,and adding to their record and running the score up . Crazy. OSU should not be

playing 3 or 4 of the games they play,and the other big name schools are probably the same. Thats mainly why i quit watching and at the pro level,i spent a lot of evenings in the bleachers at Cleveland stadium. They weren't that good,and some of the other teams were far far better. I stopped watching the

pro games in the early 90's because the salaries were getting silly. LOL They are far far worse now !

But the BROWNIES ....well....the Brownies are special ! I'll always watch their games..even when they play like the DAWG pound should have

kitties in it. When all is said and done we fans love our modern Gladiator events !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

They are smart.. It will keep the talent pool from being diluted and will insure a pro level event for the fans, A lot of games here ,in baseball,football,

hockey,basketball,should never be played due to talent differences. Same has filtered down to college. Coaches making millions,at a

taxpayer funded school,playing schools that are 1/10th their size,and adding to their record and running the score up . Crazy. OSU should not be

playing 3 or 4 of the games they play,and the other big name schools are probably the same. Thats mainly why i quit watching and at the pro level,i spent a lot of evenings in the bleachers at Cleveland stadium. They weren't that good,and some of the other teams were far far better. I stopped watching the

pro games in the early 90's because the salaries were getting silly. LOL They are far far worse now !

But the BROWNIES ....well....the Brownies are special ! I'll always watch their games..even when they play like the DAWG pound should have

kitties in it. When all is said and done we fans love our modern Gladiator events !

Ya, all the big schools do play the "cupcake" games, that's for sure. I know Alabama's coach Nick

Saban is on record saying he doesn't like it and would prefer the non conference games be against

power 5 teams and not against the weaker group of 5 teams. Easy for him to say, I suppose, as he

knows it's probably not going to change.

For those who might not know, Divison 1 college football is divided into 2 groups. The top group,

consisting of the largest schools is called the Power 5 (conferences) and the 2nd tier group, consisting

of the smaller schools is called the Group of 5 (conferences).

Teams play each other within their conferences, 8 games in some conferences and 9 games in others.

Only those games (within the conference) count toward their conference record. Teams then play 3 or

4 games outside their conference to bring the total games played to 12 for each team. It is those "outside

the conference" games where teams often play "cupcake" opponents.

For example, Alabama is in the SEC west conference. They play 1 game against each team in SEC west.

They also play games against a few SEC east conference teams to bring the conference total to 8 games.

They also play 4 games outside their conference. As to how it is decided which teams they play and when,

outside their conference, I don't know. I think that varies all around college football.

So, when you look up the conference standings as the season progresses, you will see each team's overall

record and then their conference record. For example, this year Alabama is 12-0 overall and 8-0 within their

conference. They won the SEC west conference. Georgia won the SEC east conference. Now they will play

each other for the overall SEC championship on Saturday. The winner is then crowned the SEC champion.

This same scenario takes place in the other 4 of the Power 5 conferences so that you have 5 conference

champions at the end of the day. The Group of 5 conferences do the same and also have 5 conference

champions.

Meanwhile, the playoff committee, is watching all the games and evaluating all the teams and after the

conference championships have concluded, the committee will issue a final national ranking of the top

25 teams in the country, of which the top 4 will then play for the national championship.

I hope I have explained this is an easy to understand way for those who haven't followed college football.

BTW, the "cupcake" games mentioned before.........there is some logic to it if you want to buy in........the

big schools bring in $$millions$$, the cream of that crop brings in mega $$millions$$. Ohio State, for example,

brings in lots and lots of money from TV deals and etc etc. They are an elite football program and their alumni

and fan base expect them to be a national championship contender each year. This is why teams like Ohio

State can afford and are expected to have the best coaching staff available and pay big $$$$ for that staff.

Group of 5 teams don't even bring in anywhere near enough money to do things like that. They cannot afford

top notch facilities, big stadiums and expensive coaching staffs. So when Ohio State plays one of those

"cupcake" opponents, that team shares in some of the money and may get a million or 2 from just that 1 game.

In a way it's like charity; supporting those smaller school's football programs. At least, that is what we are told.

That's the reason for those games that gets tossed around, if you buy it. It's a big thrill for a team like the

Citadel to come play against Alabama in Bryant Denny Stadium with 100,000 seats filled.....or are they filled?

Do Alabama fans really want to come watch games like that? I doubt it.

So, we are told these smaller schools will essentially go out of the football business if the bigger schools

don't support them in some way; playing games against them that are jokes and everyone knows it. Perhaps

a better way to help these schools will be found and these "cupcake" games done away with. Time will tell.

SLED Gemini

Always wondered why,if the football programs bring in enough money to pay a coach and his staff close to 12 million a year,the other

non sports areas need so much tax payer money. I understand the money talks. But ,someday the golden goose will start asking why

a college professor needs to make 170 grand a year to work 25 hours a week,for 9 months a year? Gee...now that I think about it,our Congress,

which works less than 30 hours a week,and makes more than that......Geeeeze...forget all the above....the payroll needing looked at is not

on the college campus !

And thats the end of that. I'm done !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

ok..just found out the professors are starting at 114 thousand and up....they say the employees mean average salary is mid 40's...but that number

includes all student employees...and everyone employed by the school,which ,of course pulls the figure lower. Anyway...i am in favor of any

resident who graduated from a high school in ohio,should have free admittance to any college in the state. Lets spend the money on the future.

No more from me ! Enjoy !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

BTW, UCF (University of Central Florida) is a Group of 5 team that is growing at a brisk pace and

someday may crack into the Power 5. They went undefeated last year and beat the Auburn Tigers

(Power 5 team SEC west) in a post season bowl game. Last year the Auburn Tigers beat both

Alabama and Georgia during the regular season. As we know Alabama and Georgia played in the

national championship game last year. So..................UCF claimed that THEY were the true national

champions last year...............and the NCAA actually threw them a bone and said "go ahead", LOL.

So, UCF is still undefeated this year and they complain (rightly so), that no Power 5 team will play a

"cupcake" game against them because they are afraid they will lose. UCF was actually ranked 9th

in the country as of the last CFP ranking last Tuesday. Quite a feat for a poor Group of 5 team. I

think they now have won 22 consecutive games......but since no Power 5 team will play them, they

are stuck playing all Group of 5 opponents and because of that they have a low strength of schedule

rating.

Can't blame the Power 5 teams. Who wants to risk losing to a "cupcake"? LOL, this saga continues.

SLED Gemini

ok..just found out the professors are starting at 114 thousand and up....they say the employees mean average salary is mid 40's...but that number

includes all student employees...and everyone employed by the school,which ,of course pulls the figure lower. Anyway...i am in favor of any

resident who graduated from a high school in ohio,should have free admittance to any college in the state. Lets spend the money on the future.

When I was growing up in Calif all the public universities, colleges and junior colleges were free

to Calif residents. You just had to meet admittance criteria and pay a small administrative fee and

of course, pay for your books, etc.

I don't know if that is still the case. It's been a long time since the 70s; when I was schooling, hahaha.

SLED Gemini

Hey Bill. Remember the high school days? Most football coaches were also teachers and made

a teacher's salary. Imagine you're a college teacher at the University of Alabama making a teacher's

salary and the football coach is making 8 Million a year? I've often wondered what teachers at

these colleges think about stuff like this.

When you just look at the money Alabama football is bringing in thanks to Nick Saban I guess you

gotta say he's worth every penny of that 8 million......but still, if you're a teacher there.......it must

blow your mind. I guess they're used to it though. It didn't just start happening yesterday.

SLED Gemini

Hey Bill. Remember the high school days? Most football coaches were also teachers and made

a teacher's salary. Imagine you're a college teacher at the University of Alabama making a teacher's

salary and the football coach is making 8 Million a year? I've often wondered what teachers at

these colleges think about stuff like this.

When you just look at the money Alabama football is bringing in thanks to Nick Saban I guess you

gotta say he's worth every penny of that 8 million......but still, if you're a teacher there.......it must

blow your mind. I guess they're used to it though. It didn't just start happening yesterday.

There is no way under any stretch of the imagination a football coach is worth 8 million. Just too much money in sport now, full stop. In the Australian sports scene it’s peanut size compared to the USA but they still earn millions and I cannot see where the value is. OK so they dedicate their lives to it, so do doctors and many others who perform dangerous and essential services, I cannot see where a footballer is an essential service so he is not worth what they are being paid. It’s not that long ago that our league players were part time and had a proper job during the day, now look at them, minimum work and a fortune in pay, big headed with it.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)