Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Today I am going to the heated bays at the range....turn the blower on " HI"...and then proceed to attempt Fella's new swing mod !

Building on the Judge's thesis of wrist release,Fella has derived a oily-wristy pause at the top and has then received a new result

at impact,which has added some pop to the ball. I will try anything to get a few extra yards. My big advantage is i am losing distance

in direct sync with loss of distance vision,so at least I am not losing the ball by hitting farther than I can see. Now, if only the extra

'POP" isn't the right shoulder blade coming out, I'll be in there !

On a serious note Fella, I am glad the graphite worked for you ! I hope you end up loving them !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

You shoulda just flipped that pic around to a lefty Reasy, i would have just figured it was you :)

Sixty work days until retirement as of today, not sixty something, but sixty on the dot... Getting close now. 107 days until the golf league starts, hey, 2019 is shaping up to be a pretty good year. Gus has a new Grille coming to cook on, looks like the other one, only a little bigger. He's very excited about it.

This product might be helpful for those with lavatory exploratory needs, batteries included: https://www.uline.co...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reasy?

Gotta a neighbor who is OCD with his leaf blower. The poor guy is afraid one leaf on his lawn will tear a hole in the universe. Puts on one of these head lamps and walks around at night and in the rain revving up that infernal blower. Blades of grass are dehydrated frog-hair like life forms fighting for their life but there's not one leaf on them! LMAO!

Oh well. If this is our biggest problem we've got it made. I wonder if his wrists are oily as he swings that blower???

Today I am going to the heated bays at the range....turn the blower on " HI"...and then proceed to attempt Fella's new swing mod !

Building on the Judge's thesis of wrist release,Fella has derived a oily-wristy pause at the top and has then received a new result

at impact,which has added some pop to the ball. I will try anything to get a few extra yards. My big advantage is i am losing distance

in direct sync with loss of distance vision,so at least I am not losing the ball by hitting farther than I can see. Now, if only the extra

'POP" isn't the right shoulder blade coming out, I'll be in there !

On a serious note Fella, I am glad the graphite worked for you ! I hope you end up loving them !

Have fun my friend. Right with you on the vision thing. Hoping to finally get cataract surgery done this year.

We need a spotter to play golf with just to tell us where it flew to. Playing alone = lost golf balls.

Planning to play at least nine this afternoon. Relaxed arms, oily wrists, smoke bombs, wedge techniques.... and most of all just enjoy it. Snow coming this weekend so it's off to just plain have some fun.

Woke up this morning, congested, headache, but no fever. If you gotta be sick, winter and retirement is the only way to go.

Never really paid attention to DeChambeau's unique golf. Will have to notice at next opportunity. Whatever, it's working and he's laughing all the way to the bank. I recall, when he was an amateur, he wore Kangol caps, now he wears Puma. I guess Kangol wouldn't pay him to wear Kangols.

I read somewhere that golf pros get boxes filled with clothes, etc. from the major manufacturers all the time, for free. The guy in the article said he donates a lot of stuff, literally has rooms filled with stuff sent to him. Don't remember who the guy was, I think the article was in a Golf Digest or GQ.

A far cry from the poor people. When I was working in the steel mill, you had to turn in a Sharpie marker to get a new one. I learned the hard way not to leave one laying around on a work table. I'd leave the worn sharpie uncapped to dry out the tip. The boss wouldn't give you another, if there was even a spark of ink in the old one. Someone ripped off the uncapped one from my work table.

Once, someone stole a stopper cap from my Stanley thermos bottle.

Those steel mill experiences, maybe one of the reasons, as Stu remarked, I tried to look like a gentleman, fashioning myself as the college professor type. The Sharpie incident gave me an affection for nice fountain pens. Who knows? I DO know a psychiatrist would have a field day analyzing me.

Musings on a January morning.

Get well soon.

Being a little goofy isn't a bad thing. Ya know how there are good and bad drinkers? Some want to beat the dog and fight while others grin and become super pleasant. Let's sign up for the "good" kind of goofy. Let's leave the shrink laughing!

Mrs. Reason would say I could be President of that club!

Let's make T-shirts. Get us a logo. File lawsuits if discriminated against. Anyone gets in our way and we'll laugh them to death. What a way to go!

Every time I watch DeChambeau play, his style looks so.........Uncomfortable. But who am I to say.

You're no the only one. He plays golf like an engineer who got carried away trying to bring his Meccano man to life! Iron Byron has more rhythm and fluidity than DeChambeau. I have to cover my eyes when he has a putter in his hands. It just goes to show that if you put enough effort into something you can get results no matter how awkward and unnatural to appears to be. It all leaves me wondering just what he may have been able to accomplish if he had applied his talents to another endeavour that would have a greater benefit to the masses.

Apologies to bill and any others who have been dallying with the single length iron experiment and find this method of swinging the golf club inspiring.

Had to search for "Meccano Man" to understand the reference. Ha, ha! Precisely.

One thing I'm in agreement with BD is leaving the pin in while putting. In the right circumstances. Do to my less than adequate short game skills, all to often leave myself in the wrong position on the green. As in......"Why in hell did I hit it back there?". With a propensity towards leaving myself far to many downhill putts. Having a legal backstop could be useful occasionally.

His swing (and putting and chipping and...) is a litter hard for me to even watch.

But I can appreciate the "idea" of maintaining a straight line from the shoulder sockets down thru the arms, hands, shaft, all the way to the ball. Single plane swings have less "variables" in them. Moe Norman made that brand of golf famous. Evidently those who perfect it can take it to the bank.

But it sure is more than a little different.

Please keep us informed and advised on all continuing shaft testing. The day for graphic shafts here is coming. Love hearing the lessons learned.

Last night's game.... I have to say it right out loud with all due respect to Bama's already deeply rooted legacy.

I don't remember a more pure level of execution on display as delivered by Clemson, nor a powerhouse like Alabama more unable to respond despite all efforts to do so. Didn't expect such a contrast in execution and coaching.

Every time I watch DeChambeau play, his style looks so.........Uncomfortable. But who am I to say.

You're no the only one. He plays golf like an engineer who got carried away trying to bring his Meccano man to life! Iron Byron has more rhythm and fluidity than DeChambeau. I have to cover my eyes when he has a putter in his hands. It just goes to show that if you put enough effort into something you can get results no matter how awkward and unnatural to appears to be. It all leaves me wondering just what he may have been able to accomplish if he had applied his talents to another endeavour that would have a greater benefit to the masses.

Apologies to bill and any others who have been dallying with the single length iron experiment and find this method of swinging the golf club inspiring.

Had to search for "Meccano Man" to understand the reference. Ha, ha! Precisely.

One thing I'm in agreement with BD is leaving the pin in while putting. In the right circumstances. Do to my less than adequate short game skills, all to often leave myself in the wrong position on the green. As in......"Why in hell did I hit it back there?". With a propensity towards leaving myself far to many downhill putts. Having a legal backstop could be useful occasionally.

His swing (and putting and chipping and...) is a litter hard for me to even watch.

But I can appreciate the "idea" of maintaining a straight line from the shoulder sockets down thru the arms, hands, shaft, all the way to the ball. Single plane swings have less "variables" in them. Moe Norman made that brand of golf famous. Evidently those who perfect it can take it to the bank.

But it sure is more than a little different.

Please keep us informed and advised on all continuing shaft testing. The day for graphic shafts here is coming. Love hearing the lessons learned.

Last night's game.... I have to say it right out loud with all due respect to Bama's already deeply rooted legacy.

I don't remember a more pure level of execution on display as delivered by Clemson, nor a powerhouse like Alabama more unable to respond despite all efforts to do so. Didn't expect such a contrast in execution and coaching.

And somewhere on a college football forum some poor fool just started a thread: Is Bama done?

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

So my SIL in Memphis was born in Atlanta and is a YUGE Georgia fan. He had sent me a little jab txt. asking if I had money on the Seahawks? I have to admit I enjoyed my reply saying no. Do you have money on the Bulldogs? That and a link to the pretty hilarious video of the longhorn going after the poor lil bulldog. Apologies to you Georgia fans. :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Soft arms, loose grip, lubed wrist update: Mixed results yesterday hit a few really nice ones and a lot of just a bit thin ones that still got airborne and in the right direction that were adequate. It was a glorious spring like day and I did no additional injury to my back. On #1 I hit a very solid but pushed drive into the drive range. Nice soft arms and grip but not enough Slick 50 in the wrists. The next was right down the middle. Now if I can figure out how to get up and down from anywhere off of the green :(

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

I wonder if lubed oily wrists leads to crispy arms on a hot summer day? I mean (Rory starts most interview answers to questions with 'I mean') I mean, when we bake our Thanksgiving turkey, we lube it up real nice with oil and spices and stuff, the wings and drumsticks and stuff, so when you lube up your wrists and play in the sun, can they become crispy too?

A psychiatrist would have a field day analyzing most of us, Wriggs!

--------------------------

Gotta say that petty theft is one of those things that just p*sses me off! There's an epidemic of it and most just slough it off as nothing. My wife won't even put her lunch in the fridge at work cause someone might just take it and eat it as community property! WTF is that stealing from a co-worker? So much for moral compasses. :angry:

Petty theft in my opinion is not petty it’s serious, as people think it’s nothing and can be justified.

DW worked as a secretary in a large law firm when we first came to Australia and the senior members used the lunch fridge as their personal eating joint, they would take what ever took their fancy without a second thought, no matter how many times it caused trouble in the office they said they had s right to take whatever was in their fridge.

The first company I worked for in Australia I was a machinist, the men on the floor were a mixed bunch but one thing they all hated was theft of any description. Everyone had their own milk supply in the lunch room fridge and it started to go missing so one person came up with the solution, we knew it was the office taking it. We all stopped putting our our milk in the fridge for a week and hid it elsewhere, it was winter so it did not go off, the clown in the place peed in a half bottle of milk and then put it in the fridge, we waited two days to make sure they had taken a good amount then he went into the office and told them, the reaction was priceless and they never touched our milk again as they were told there would always be one bottle that had been peed in and they would never know which one. Funny but milk never dissapeared after that.

I have worked at several ompanies where lunch went missing always thought is was a real low act.

I was shopping some time back and was charged one cent too much, this store had a policy if you were charged incorrectly at the till the item was free, you had to take the receipt to the service counter and get a refund. As it happened the manager was on the service counted and he made a comment about only being a cent, my reply was would you give me the item at the till if I wanted to pay a cent less, he said no, I said to him this is my cent not your cent, it’s not the amount it’s the principle.

Conversely I have always told them if they charged under and last year gave back cash to a store when they gave me too much change, it has to be both ways.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

We have a big cafeteria on opposite side of our building (600 employees, 2 cafeterias) or I guess I should call them lunch rooms. There are lots of tables, 2 gig-undo fridges each, and then a good vending company has several machines. Along with the machines there are several beverage units, and several open racks filled very well with candy, chips, nuts, crackers, etc, etc. You get a little swipe card to use in a small machine that looks like an ATM machine, and you take the food out of the holding machines on the honor system that you will take the food over to the swipe machine, it will total up, then you will swipe your card, and the money you prepaid into the card will cover your expenses. Could be a complicated mess with thieves, or could go brilliantly well, right? Well, believe it or not, it works brilliantly well. New employees starting with temps are given a swipe card. Nobody, nobody takes anything and gets away with it. Everyone takes a break at the same time. There are cameras on the food and swipe machine. They are told when they are given their swipe card that they can load it with cash or credit card, and cannot take any food or beverage without paying or their Word not allowed will be fired immediately. The food/beverage and stock are accounted for daily by the vending company. They are local so if a machine doesn't work right (that would only be the coffee machine because you pick your coffee, it brews it, and spits out a receipt which you run thru the swipe machine) then they are there on the spot to fix it and refund you plus give you a new cup of what you want. It is an amazing setup, and everyone is super impressed.

So the gig-undo fridges are for people who don't buy but bring their lunches...

This is where the gypsies/tramps and thieves came in until a few years ago. We had chintzy fridges, stuff stacked everywhere, people grabbing whatever, then the new plant manager came in and in a plant-wide meeting said "I'm here to stay, so listen up, I'm getting new refrigerators for the lunch rooms, and here's the way it's gonna be like it or leave." So since then there's been a new Marshall in town, and it's worked wonderfully well. People sharing stuff, bringing in things for everybody during holidays, it's like night/day. People have it in them to do right if you just show them how, or make them, one or the other...

pl

Platitudes to this oily wrist swing thing. More later when not on mobile.

Scotee. You weren't logged in when attempting a reply.

Thought about that but when I am not signed in the reply box is not even an option. I got the warning when I clicked the reply box.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

We have a big cafeteria on opposite side of our building (600 employees, 2 cafeterias) or I guess I should call them lunch rooms. There are lots of tables, 2 gig-undo fridges each, and then a good vending company has several machines. Along with the machines there are several beverage units, and several open racks filled very well with candy, chips, nuts, crackers, etc, etc. You get a little swipe card to use in a small machine that looks like an ATM machine, and you take the food out of the holding machines on the honor system that you will take the food over to the swipe machine, it will total up, then you will swipe your card, and the money you prepaid into the card will cover your expenses. Could be a complicated mess with thieves, or could go brilliantly well, right? Well, believe it or not, it works brilliantly well. New employees starting with temps are given a swipe card. Nobody, nobody takes anything and gets away with it. Everyone takes a break at the same time. There are cameras on the food and swipe machine. They are told when they are given their swipe card that they can load it with cash or credit card, and cannot take any food or beverage without paying or their Word not allowed will be fired immediately. The food/beverage and stock are accounted for daily by the vending company. They are local so if a machine doesn't work right (that would only be the coffee machine because you pick your coffee, it brews it, and spits out a receipt which you run thru the swipe machine) then they are there on the spot to fix it and refund you plus give you a new cup of what you want. It is an amazing setup, and everyone is super impressed.

This is where the gypsies/tramps and thieves came in until a few years ago. We had chintzy fridges, stuff stacked everywhere, people grabbing whatever, then the new plant manager came in and in a plant-wide meeting said "I'm here to stay, so listen up, I'm getting new refrigerators for the lunch rooms, and here's the way it's gonna be like it or leave." So since then there's been a new Marshall in town, and it's worked wonderfully well. People sharing stuff, bringing in things for everybody during holidays, it's like night/day. People have it in them to do right if you just show them how, or make them, one or the other...

That’s all it takes is the will of those in charge, unfortunately so many of the bosses are the worst crooks. You are fortunate Sixty, a good honest boss is worth millions.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Its very odd. Work kitchens.

Its like I come in, go to the community kitchen, fill up a hot mug of coffee, throw in a little sugar and half and half.

Then, somebody comes over to get coffee and Im like,

Why you here in my kitchen?

Only its not my kitchen, its just this odd dynamic of being in a "home like" setting and seeing some stranger.

Lol.

But, it can have its merits. Lotta cute ladies in my office. They come in the kitchen, smile.

Time to suck your gut in ; )

Its very odd. Work kitchens.

Its like I come in, go to the community kitchen, fill up a hot mug of coffee, throw in a little sugar and half and half.

Then, somebody comes over to get coffee and Im like,

Why you here in my kitchen?

Only its not my kitchen, its just this odd dynamic of being in a "home like" setting and seeing some stranger.

Lol.

But, it can have its merits. Lotta cute ladies in my office. They come in the kitchen, smile.

Time to suck your gut in ; )

Trouble is, you can only hold it in for so long, when it jumps out again it is usually larger.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Speaking of workplace theft, there was this guy who worked in the steel mill. He was a WW2 vet who lost a leg in France, and collected a pension while working. He was very wealthy, but looked as poor as dirt. He rumored to have collected $80K (1970's) when an airline lost his mother's remains while in transit. Never saw his house, but it supposedly had an in ground pool. Neighbors used it without permission, and he filled it in, and planted grass. He told me how he and his wife went into the local Dodge dealer to buy a truck. The salesman gave them the bums rush, until the guy told his wife to hand the salesman $5K cash to buy the truck.

Anyhow, the guy was an insomniac, and showed up for work hours before starting time. He'd chat with the plant guard, or nurse, or anyone else around that wasn't working. Never bringing a lunch, he would go into lunch boxes and take whatever he wanted. Some guys thought he was a poor old guy, and gave him permission to do so. If someone left a pack of cigarettes on a workbench, he would help himself to a few.

Management promoted him to a foreman, without anyone to oversee. He went from one work station to another, just chatting with the guys. One June 6, 3-11 shift, he shut my machine down around 8:00pm, and spent three hours giving me a play by play account of his part of the D Day invasion. I don't know how he could talk about it.

He was one tough dude. Another old guy told of a time when the war veteran was on leave, after losing his leg. Still in uniform, someone started to heckle the guy in a local bar. The heckler was beaten very badly by the amputee veteran.

Well now I've gone and done it! I know that I've read about it on here and other places, so this morning was my turn to spew coffee all over my keyboard and screen due to sneezing with a mouth full of coffee! Fortunately the keyboard was tucked under the computer desk so it caught indirect spray rather than being thoroughly soaked, so after a bit of a clean up it still works fine. It's surprising how far liquid will fly when propelled by air... :rolleyes: Perhaps this is just another omen that it's getting time to think about replacing my desktop as it has to be over 10 years old at this point.

--------------------------

Wriggs, your comment about the old Army tough made me recall a scene from the Presidio in which Sean Connery laid a beatdown on a street punk in a bar with just his thumb:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Speaking of workplace theft, there was this guy who worked in the steel mill. He was a WW2 vet who lost a leg in France, and collected a pension while working. He was very wealthy, but looked as poor as dirt. He rumored to have collected $80K (1970's) when an airline lost his mother's remains while in transit. Never saw his house, but it supposedly had an in ground pool. Neighbors used it without permission, and he filled it in, and planted grass. He told me how he and his wife went into the local Dodge dealer to buy a truck. The salesman gave them the bums rush, until the guy told his wife to hand the salesman $5K cash to buy the truck.

Anyhow, the guy was an insomniac, and showed up for work hours before starting time. He'd chat with the plant guard, or nurse, or anyone else around that wasn't working. Never bringing a lunch, he would go into lunch boxes and take whatever he wanted. Some guys thought he was a poor old guy, and gave him permission to do so. If someone left a pack of cigarettes on a workbench, he would help himself to a few.

Management promoted him to a foreman, without anyone to oversee. He went from one work station to another, just chatting with the guys. One June 6, 3-11 shift, he shut my machine down around 8:00pm, and spent three hours giving me a play by play account of his part of the D Day invasion. I don't know how he could talk about it.

He was one tough dude. Another old guy told of a time when the war veteran was on leave, after losing his leg. Still in uniform, someone started to heckle the guy in a local bar. The heckler was beaten very badly by the amputee veteran.

Wow Wriggs what a character! I guess you would have to give a guy like that a little slack after all he had been through.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

I've been watching this irreverent UK golf blogger on YouTube; Golf Vlogs UK . Liam Harrison takes a completely different tact to the typical golf vlogger and has been spoofing a lot of the more recent content. He's done videos using old clubs, cheap clubs, you name it, all in an effort to debunk a lot of the generally held beliefs. He can be a bit tricky to follow due to his heavy midlands accent, but he makes some pretty good points.

The real jewels of this YouTube channel that makes it all worthwhile are his golf mates. He generally plays and films with a couple of real characters: OMP -- Old Man Pat -- and The Dick. These two are pretty funny and just all around good guys that you'd be happy to tee it up with. Now these aren't buff young golf professionals or wannabes, they're a couple of senior players, especially OMP who is 77 and has been working away at the grand game since he was 9 years old! The Dick is the chubby guy who is always cracking the one liners and giving his mates the p*ss. There are several videos that feature OMP and how to play better golf the OMP way. It's pretty good stuff and all of it comes with humility and a good laugh of two. It's particularly fitting considering the recent talk about oily wrists as OMP was a painter and has a handsy swing that allows him to generate decent distance without much turn or swing length. Couple that with a master's touch when it comes to course management and it's no surprise that he can still shoot par or close to it from the whites on a regulation length, par 70 course.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

So my SIL in Memphis was born in Atlanta and is a YUGE Georgia fan. He had sent me a little jab txt. asking if I had money on the Seahawks? I have to admit I enjoyed my reply saying no. Do you have money on the Bulldogs? That and a link to the pretty hilarious video of the longhorn going after the poor lil bulldog. Apologies to you Georgia fans. :)

Interesting... got to play 18 yesterday with my instructor. This doesn't happen often but yesterday we did get out there together. He and I are friends so in my book, it's not one bit intimidating to have a pro watching me play. And, it actually helps him in terms of coaching me going forward so it's all good. It's one thing to be coached in a lesson at a range, and a little different when actually playing. Well like you I had a mixed bag of really good and not so good shots. Couldn't resist asking him why oily wrists and consistency weren't working hand-in-hand. The good shots were great while the stinkers were just plain bad. By the 4th hole it was a chain of alternating good ones and bad ones. So I had to ask him what was behind it.

Wouldn't you know, he'd ask me to stick with it on the wrists and arms thing during a rough patch..... but noticed my head and upper body tended to slide toward the target too much during the downswing (and I sometimes had the ball too much in mid-stance with driver). This compromised the wrist thing since it closed the distance from the start of the dowsing to the ball.

This "round" had morphed into a lesson more so than playing golf. The bad news is I have no idea what I actually shot. We'd drop another ball quite often or take mulligans when putting and such. The good news is the wrists remained oily no matter what which paid off more and more as I worked on ball position and keeping my head back until AFTER impact. Really played much better on the back 9. But by then we had fiddled with my swing so much and taken so many mulligans I'd lost all sense of my score. Lol. I "think" I shot a 40 on the back - lift/clean/place on a soupy wet course. Up and down around the greens was a 50/50 proposition.

So all in all it sounds like you and I had similar outings. A mixed bag of good and not quite as good.

But we got out there and gave it our best! That's enough right there to be thankful for, right? :)

Got my Range time in. Was a beautiful warm day here yesterday. The courses are still too wet for me to enjoy ...i am not a fan of driver plugging. !

It was a really good day as far as shots go. Nothing spectacular but nothing embarrassing. I do notice that as I get older,I really dont

worry about the " OOPS" moments anymore ! The wrist thingie will take some getting use to as far as ball position goes. Did notice a couple

of shots that seemed to have some of Fella's POP to them. Will probably work on this..

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I've been watching this irreverent UK golf blogger on YouTube; Golf Vlogs UK . Liam Harrison takes a completely different tact to the typical golf vlogger and has been spoofing a lot of the more recent content. He's done videos using old clubs, cheap clubs, you name it, all in an effort to debunk a lot of the generally held beliefs. He can be a bit tricky to follow due to his heavy midlands accent, but he makes some pretty good points.

The real jewels of this YouTube channel that makes it all worthwhile are his golf mates. He generally plays and films with a couple of real characters: OMP -- Old Man Pat -- and The Dick. These two are pretty funny and just all around good guys that you'd be happy to tee it up with. Now these aren't buff young golf professionals or wannabes, they're a couple of senior players, especially OMP who is 77 and has been working away at the grand game since he was 9 years old! The Dick is the chubby guy who is always cracking the one liners and giving his mates the p*ss. There are several videos that feature OMP and how to play better golf the OMP way. It's pretty good stuff and all of it comes with humility and a good laugh of two. It's particularly fitting considering the recent talk about oily wrists as OMP was a painter and has a handsy swing that allows him to generate decent distance without much turn or swing length. Couple that with a master's touch when it comes to course management and it's no surprise that he can still shoot par or close to it from the whites on a regulation length, par 70 course.

One huge fascination the game of golf endlessly provides are the characters who play it, and teach it. Social media is like a bull horn that amplifies not only the messages, but the messengers.

If you're anything like me, I get a kick very often just watching (or reading) how the messenger delivers almost more so than what he's actually saying.

Lmao, we truly get a daily dose of it all. We're one click away from the preacher, the humorists, the comedian, the ball flight lawyer, the happy, the angry, the sincere, the condescending... they're all out there. It "can" be fun just to watch them go. The internet is half informative and half a spectator sport!

Got my Range time in. Was a beautiful warm day here yesterday. The courses are still too wet for me to enjoy ...i am not a fan of driver plugging. !

It was a really good day as far as shots go. Nothing spectacular but nothing embarrassing. I do notice that as I get older,I really dont

worry about the " OOPS" moments anymore ! The wrist thingie will take some getting use to as far as ball position goes. Did notice a couple

of shots that seemed to have some of Fella's POP to them. Will probably work on this..

Don't know about you Bill, but those OOPS moments used to really get under my skin. And I don't enjoy them to this day. They come (for me) in waves, then seem to pass in waves. But like you say, the younger me would slam the club in the ground, I'd curse loudly, and throw a club now and then.

That's gone now. It may be that our expections have finally matured. We've probably finally learned life is short, golf can be cruel as well as glorious, and we don't even care to burn adreleine on negativity. I dunno. I don't love the stinkers now anymore than I did then. But I refuse to let them pull me down and ruin the day. All I ask myself on the ride home is if I did or didn't have a blast. Does this mean we don't push ourselves to play better golf? Perhaps. I suppose that's possible. But it it also means we refuse to let the game destroy our happiness and spirit.

We're allowed to have OOPS moments. Maybe we finally learned to accept that?

Don't know about you Bill, but those OOPS moments used to really get under my skin. And I don't enjoy them to this day. They come (for me) in waves, then seem to pass in waves. But like you say, the younger me would slam the club in the ground, I'd curse loudly, and throw a club now and then.

That's gone now. It may be that our expections have finally matured. We've probably finally learned life is short, golf can be cruel as well as glorious, and we don't even care to burn adreleine on negativity. I dunno. I don't love the stinkers now anymore than I did then. But I refuse to let them pull me down and ruin the day. All I ask myself on the ride home is if I did or didn't have a blast. Does this mean we don't push ourselves to play better golf? Perhaps. I suppose that's possible. But it it also means we refuse to let the game destroy our happiness and spirit.

We're allowed to have OOPS moments. Maybe we finally learned to accept that?

Preach it reverend Reason! I need that sermon every now and then ;)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Forgot to mention I got off work early yesterday afternoon and went to my dermatologist as I was saying the other day I was gonna do. She removed 'biopsilly speaking' from my upper left arm, a small sample of moi to send off to small patchland to get it analyzed/opinionated. In the meantime, I have to keep it Vaselined up and covered with a band aid. I almost asked her if she just wanted me to cover it with Crisco or something, but she was in a hurry, had some surgery to go to, so I let it go for now. Not sure if I'll leave it au natural or try 325* and bake. I wonder if WD40 would work for oily wrists? T'would be quite convenient. And it would smell a bit alluring too, for those who hang out in their garage and spray crap down. If you changed oil on your car as a kid (anybody younger than now), you certainly have had oily wrists at least at one time in your life. That's all it takes is one time to be dumb enough to get right under the plug, or the filter while removing them, especially if the oil is still hot, you learn pretty quick there must be better ways to get oily wrists. Another good way is to coat the outside of the turkey on Thanksgiving morning with olive oil or some kind of oil, or butter...the key word was coat, then reach for the paper towels, the empty towel tube, 'honey, do we have any more paper towels? Honey? Anybody?'

LMAO!!!!!!!! Just watched four of these vlogs. With a big smile on my face the hole time. The best golf vids I've watched in a long time. "Leave your ego at home, to play better golf." Go OMP (aka "The Machine"). Go The Dick. Really funny stuff. Thanks for posting about this madcap group.

#Golfmates.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Forgot to mention I got off work early yesterday afternoon and went to my dermatologist as I was saying the other day I was gonna do. She removed 'biopsilly speaking' from my upper left arm, a small sample of moi to send off to small patchland to get it analyzed/opinionated. In the meantime, I have to keep it Vaselined up and covered with a band aid. I almost asked her if she just wanted me to cover it with Crisco or something, but she was in a hurry, had some surgery to go to, so I let it go for now. Not sure if I'll leave it au natural or try 325* and bake. I wonder if WD40 would work for oily wrists? T'would be quite convenient. And it would smell a bit alluring too, for those who hang out in their garage and spray crap down. If you changed oil on your car as a kid (anybody younger than now), you certainly have had oily wrists at least at one time in your life. That's all it takes is one time to be dumb enough to get right under the plug, or the filter while removing them, especially if the oil is still hot, you learn pretty quick there must be better ways to get oily wrists. Another good way is to coat the outside of the turkey on Thanksgiving morning with olive oil or some kind of oil, or butter...the key word was coat, then reach for the paper towels, the empty towel tube, 'honey, do we have any more paper towels? Honey? Anybody?'

Guess this calls for the "secret" - heretofore known only by Ben Hogan, Ben's great grandson (Shmogan Hogan) and me.

In trying to keep it on the KISS level, I wasn't going to go there. But the secret is clearly called for. Here goes.

On the downswing side of the ball, the shaft and lead arm form what could be called the letter "L" as the hands approach waist-high. On the opposite side of the ball is this handshake thing. So it's technically an "L" to a "handshake". The more oily the wrists, the more a correct motion is possible.

According to Shmogan, you ask Marlon Brando to get butter from the fridge. Your wrists and a whole lot more will be as slick as snot on a door knob. :)

Did you know?

The world's first international olympics did not include soccer but did include a form of cribbage that required knee pads and explosive dice. And brass knuckles.

Males can hear sounds at very low decibels. Females can hear thoughts.

Cats fart at a frequency too high for human hearing. Dogs hear it. This gave rise to the famous veterinary saying "The gassier the cat, the fatter the dog".... and who hasn't heard that one a thousand times over?

Bluegrass music has become a massive hit in the Gobi desert. Just ask anyone from the Gobi desert.

In endorsement news, singer and song writer Madonna has agreed to promote a new line of free range, grass fed, organic, hot dogs. The music video has yet to clear censorship but producers are confidently stating it will be fit for prime time viewing once issues involving buns are ironed out.

And did you know - Every square cubic foot of the earth's atmosphere contains at least one cubic inch of dihydrgen monoxide? This over abundance of the substance is evidently a problem dating back millions of years. Bluegrass fans in the Gobi desert are hoarding the substance.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)