Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Slowly but surely our estranged Grillesters are wandering back to the fold as the days shorten and the chill is in the evening air. It certainly is good to hear from @Reasonability and @SixtySomePing again.

The attached video above gives me a whole new appreciation for that Aerosmith tune. She gets the most incredible tone from that instrument that would be lost in larger productions.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yesterday was the first day back at the course since returning from our cruise. It was of course a Thursday and naturally it was raining which made for a rather dead day until about the noon hour when the sun came out and a few more avid golfers showed up to ply their wares. Hopefully i'll be back out on the course myself on Monday to get the first of a few fall rounds in, hopefully at a greater rate than what I was playing earlier in the season.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Hi all, been away a while due to difficult family circumstances... love the pic of Gabriella, she's quite talented. Even been on stage with Tommy Emmanuel. I like the fact that she plays Taylor's as well, as I'm a big Taylor fan. I'm attaching a pic of my retirement gift to myself which I never mentioned, my brand new Taylor 814 ce DLX...

> trnz6r65pnwl.jpg

>

Nice picture Sixty, but who is the handsome man playing that guitar?. Our difficult period is almost over, son has what we hope is his clearance to start walking again on Monday, for the past nine weeks he has been 100% dependant on us and at out tender age it is not easy.

On a related subject I think he has finally realised if he does not take time to find a partner life will eventually be extremely difficult, anyone out there with a 30 something daughter that would like to come to Australia please get in touch immediately, passage can be arranged and the wedding can be next week????.

• Like 1

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @scomac2002 said:

> Slowly but surely our estranged Grillesters are wandering back to the fold as the days shorten and the chill is in the evening air. It certainly is good to hear from @Reasonability and @SixtySomePing again.

>

> The attached video above gives me a whole new appreciation for that Aerosmith tune. She gets the most incredible tone from that instrument that would be lost in larger productions.

The guitar in particular is one of those instruments that show up the brilliant musician, love Tommy, his style and amusing performance gives us hours of musical pleasure, he is one of our favourite backgrounds when we paint.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Hi all, been away a while due to difficult family circumstances... love the pic of Gabriella, she's quite talented. Even been on stage with Tommy Emmanuel. I like the fact that she plays Taylor's as well, as I'm a big Taylor fan. I'm attaching a pic of my retirement gift to myself which I never mentioned, my brand new Taylor 814 ce DLX...

> trnz6r65pnwl.jpg

>

Nice to have you back Six. Now I have a case of guitar envy :smile:

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Not happy jan, after replacing our sewerage system this year, the ducted air con has started playing up again, its 12 years old now so past its use by date. Had it repaired several times last year so all in all it’s not looking good.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I haven't played much golf since my last post. My right leg has been hurting since. Played a few times riding a cart, last game on Wednesday. I have a chiropractic appointment next Wednesday. hope it's just an adjustment situation. The pain goes all the way to the foot, no swelling or redness. I had the same thing about three years ago, on my left leg, but it was swollen. Went to the ER, where I was given the bums' rush, like i was wasting the doctor's time. At $150 co pay, I almost told the guy off, but I'd have probably been arrested by security. Better to keep your mouth shut. The wife knows a 96 year old lady in remarkably good health, got hit by a car, flew onto the hood. After xrays and such, nothing broken, the ER doctor sent her home, telling her to take Tylenol. Modern medical care, got to keep the ER free for gunshot cases and overdoses.

Anyhow, hope everyone is doing well. Nice guitar, Sixty.

When i was a teen, (I think I related this) Aunt MIldred got me a nice ukulele for trading stamps. Only learned a few chords, strummed to the radio, and played it for years. Eventually sold it for $7 to a guy I worked with in the steel mill. Always regretted selling it. About a year ago, the missus bought me a uke from a Marshall's store for $14 clearance. Sounds pretty decent for a cheap item. I've only learned a few chords like yesteryear, and play occasionally. Simple songs like , Happy Birthday, Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road, and Leaving on a Jet Plane. Usually three chords, not easy with arthritis, and backwards, I'm left handed. But, I have fun. It takes very little to please me.

Taking care of Penny this weekend. Her family is in Ocean City, MD. She kept me hopping yesterday. She certainly needs more attention than the other neighbor's Ginger. Penny is in need of obedience training, but at almost 7 years, she's set in her ways. She owns me. The little angel is sleeping as I write.

Play well, gents.

• Like 2

> @scotee said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > Hi all, been away a while due to difficult family circumstances... love the pic of Gabriella, she's quite talented. Even been on stage with Tommy Emmanuel. I like the fact that she plays Taylor's as well, as I'm a big Taylor fan. I'm attaching a pic of my retirement gift to myself which I never mentioned, my brand new Taylor 814 ce DLX...

> > trnz6r65pnwl.jpg

> >

> Nice to have you back Six. Now I have a case of guitar envy :smile:

Thanks, the sound is unbelievable coming from this gem.

Yes tol, Tommy is one of my favs, as I do enjoy fingerpicking especially and he is one of the best.

Also as I mentioned scotee, Gabriella had been on stage with Tommy... at the time she had only been playing for 6 years!

>

>

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @scotee said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > Hi all, been away a while due to difficult family circumstances... love the pic of Gabriella, she's quite talented. Even been on stage with Tommy Emmanuel. I like the fact that she plays Taylor's as well, as I'm a big Taylor fan. I'm attaching a pic of my retirement gift to myself which I never mentioned, my brand new Taylor 814 ce DLX...

> > > trnz6r65pnwl.jpg

> > >

> > Nice to have you back Six. Now I have a case of guitar envy :smile:

> Thanks, the sound is unbelievable coming from this gem.

> Yes tol, Tommy is one of my favs, as I do enjoy fingerpicking especially and he is one of the best.

> Also as I mentioned scotee, Gabriella had been on stage with Tommy... at the time she had only been playing for 6 years!

>

>

> >

> >

>

>

I have seen this before, very impressive. We play lots of Tommy at home, son plays intermittently, could be good but too many other things on his plate

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> Not happy jan, after replacing our sewerage system this year, the ducted air con has started playing up again, its 12 years old now so past its use by date. Had it repaired several times last year so all in all it’s not looking good.

If the price of a new whole house A/C over there is similar to here, i feel for you. I just went thru

that in the last year. Cried for a week after paying !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

What language was Gabriella speaking?

Ah hah, if in doubt, ask Google: She's Swedish...

Had a tournament on the docket for today, but that was canceled yesterday over weather concerns. Not sure when it's going on now. Will find out on Monday I suppose. One of our guys is in Italy for the month of October so I have agreed to cover his shifts. Will leave some clubs up there and play an extra game or two, at least that's the hope.

Helped #1 son move some things from a storage locker at one of these new large storage facilities. Beautiful facility that was institutionally clean with security checks at ever turn it seemed. There were three levels to go through before you had access to your personal locker. The locker was being rented by my DIL's sister and shared by various family members. She's moving today to Toronto so the contents had to be vacated. Turned out to be a three hour job with an hour spent in rush-hour stop-and-go traffic and then hand bombing everything up and down three flights of stairs at his MIL's semi. The MIL moved in the spring from a large two story, but didn't get the memo about downsizing first so has stuff pretty much stacked to the rafters and just added more as the bulk was her deceased husband's belongings. Grief is a strange process for some who just can't let go. I feel for her as she has lost her son, her husband and now her dog in the matter of a few short years. To top it off, she has bought a bit of a project house with lots of issues that need repair. That's a very tough nut when you're all alone even though you have children relatively close by.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> What language was Gabriella speaking?

>

> Ah hah, if in doubt, ask Google: She's Swedish...

>

> Had a tournament on the docket for today, but that was canceled yesterday over weather concerns. Not sure when it's going on now. Will find out on Monday I suppose. One of our guys is in Italy for the month of October so I have agreed to cover his shifts. Will leave some clubs up there and play an extra game or two, at least that's the hope.

>

> Helped #1 son move some things from a storage locker at one of these new large storage facilities. Beautiful facility that was institutionally clean with security checks at ever turn it seemed. There were three levels to go through before you had access to your personal locker. The locker was being rented by my DIL's sister and shared by various family members. She's moving today to Toronto so the contents had to be vacated. Turned out to be a three hour job with an hour spent in rush-hour stop-and-go traffic and then hand bombing everything up and down three flights of stairs at his MIL's semi. The MIL moved in the spring from a large two story, but didn't get the memo about downsizing first so has stuff pretty much stacked to the rafters and just added more as the bulk was her deceased husband's belongings. Grief is a strange process for some who just can't let go. I feel for her as she has lost her son, her husband and now her dog in the matter of a few short years. To top it off, she has bought a bit of a project house with lots of issues that need repair. That's a very tough nut when you're all alone even though you have children relatively close by.

When DWs mother passed she spent two days going through her belongings, remembering when they were purchased and generally having a moment with it all. Gave her peace and she was then able to let go to a greater extent.

>

>

When my mother passed we were obviously in Australia so the rest of the family looked after my father, my sister who is a mean spirited busy body took dad in for a week and went over to his house and cleaned out every single reminder of my mother, clothes jewellery make up, the lot all went. When dad finally went back home he was devastated as he wanted to do it himself but he was told get over it she is gone. Unfortunately, or fortunately we were not there or she would have suffered, never forgiven her for that and never will.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > What language was Gabriella speaking?

> >

> > Ah hah, if in doubt, ask Google: She's Swedish...

> >

> > Had a tournament on the docket for today, but that was canceled yesterday over weather concerns. Not sure when it's going on now. Will find out on Monday I suppose. One of our guys is in Italy for the month of October so I have agreed to cover his shifts. Will leave some clubs up there and play an extra game or two, at least that's the hope.

> >

> > Helped #1 son move some things from a storage locker at one of these new large storage facilities. Beautiful facility that was institutionally clean with security checks at ever turn it seemed. There were three levels to go through before you had access to your personal locker. The locker was being rented by my DIL's sister and shared by various family members. She's moving today to Toronto so the contents had to be vacated. Turned out to be a three hour job with an hour spent in rush-hour stop-and-go traffic and then hand bombing everything up and down three flights of stairs at his MIL's semi. The MIL moved in the spring from a large two story, but didn't get the memo about downsizing first so has stuff pretty much stacked to the rafters and just added more as the bulk was her deceased husband's belongings. Grief is a strange process for some who just can't let go. I feel for her as she has lost her son, her husband and now her dog in the matter of a few short years. To top it off, she has bought a bit of a project house with lots of issues that need repair. That's a very tough nut when you're all alone even though you have children relatively close by.

>

> When DWs mother passed she spent two days going through her belongings, remembering when they were purchased and generally having a moment with it all. Gave her peace and she was then able to let go to a greater extent.

> >

>

> >

> When my mother passed we were obviously in Australia so the rest of the family looked after my father, my sister who is a mean spirited busy body took dad in for a week and went over to his house and cleaned out every single reminder of my mother, clothes jewellery make up, the lot all went. When dad finally went back home he was devastated as he wanted to do it himself but he was told get over it she is gone. Unfortunately, or fortunately we were not there or she would have suffered, never forgiven her for that and never will.

Not to excuse your sister for cleaning out Mom's stuff, but sometimes, it can be therapy in tough times like that to let go of "things." Especially, if the departed was a "collector" of junk. in my case, my mother and aunt saved everything. Threw nothing out. Aunt Mildred was a bigger hoarder than Mom. Egg cartons, meat trays, cottage cheese and plastic milk cartons, all washed and boxed neatly. Aunt Mildred was a neat hoarder. Mom was basically the same, however, not as neat. Point being, they wouldn't throw anything away.

I think I related the story that when my Mom used to visit Aunt Mildred overnight, (usually once or twice a year) I'd throw out a bunch of stuff. She'd never really get upset, but used to relate to my Aunt, that "Dave is a terrorist, ransacking my house." So, it happened that when she passed, Mom didn't have as much junk as Auntie. Auntie ended up in a nursing home, when she broke her shoulder, I started cleaning up her stuff. I went through boxes and boxes of "stuff", leaving a pile for the trash collector every week. Aunt Mildred, had she come home, would also have been devastated to find her house devoid of all the accumulated junk over the years. I'd think about it, worrying if I was doing her an injustice. Auntie did not come home, and it took an additional 3 years after she passed to settle everything.

After Auntie passed, I donated 4 huge trash bags of clothes, many never worn, and over 50 good pairs of shoes to charity., along with a bunch of other stuff. Brought a bunch of stuff, costume jewelry, bric a brac, and such, to my place, where it's waiting to be disposed of by someone else, along with stuff we've accumulated over the years.

Anyhow, not excusing sis's actions, but just relating my personal experience.

• Like 1

> @Wriggles said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > What language was Gabriella speaking?

> > >

> > > Ah hah, if in doubt, ask Google: She's Swedish...

> > >

> > > Had a tournament on the docket for today, but that was canceled yesterday over weather concerns. Not sure when it's going on now. Will find out on Monday I suppose. One of our guys is in Italy for the month of October so I have agreed to cover his shifts. Will leave some clubs up there and play an extra game or two, at least that's the hope.

> > >

> > > Helped #1 son move some things from a storage locker at one of these new large storage facilities. Beautiful facility that was institutionally clean with security checks at ever turn it seemed. There were three levels to go through before you had access to your personal locker. The locker was being rented by my DIL's sister and shared by various family members. She's moving today to Toronto so the contents had to be vacated. Turned out to be a three hour job with an hour spent in rush-hour stop-and-go traffic and then hand bombing everything up and down three flights of stairs at his MIL's semi. The MIL moved in the spring from a large two story, but didn't get the memo about downsizing first so has stuff pretty much stacked to the rafters and just added more as the bulk was her deceased husband's belongings. Grief is a strange process for some who just can't let go. I feel for her as she has lost her son, her husband and now her dog in the matter of a few short years. To top it off, she has bought a bit of a project house with lots of issues that need repair. That's a very tough nut when you're all alone even though you have children relatively close by.

> >

> > When DWs mother passed she spent two days going through her belongings, remembering when they were purchased and generally having a moment with it all. Gave her peace and she was then able to let go to a greater extent.

> > >

> >

> > >

> > When my mother passed we were obviously in Australia so the rest of the family looked after my father, my sister who is a mean spirited busy body took dad in for a week and went over to his house and cleaned out every single reminder of my mother, clothes jewellery make up, the lot all went. When dad finally went back home he was devastated as he wanted to do it himself but he was told get over it she is gone. Unfortunately, or fortunately we were not there or she would have suffered, never forgiven her for that and never will.

>

> Not to excuse your sister for cleaning out Mom's stuff, but sometimes, it can be therapy in tough times like that to let go of "things." Especially, if the departed was a "collector" of junk. in my case, my mother and aunt saved everything. Threw nothing out. Aunt Mildred was a bigger hoarder than Mom. Egg cartons, meat trays, cottage cheese and plastic milk cartons, all washed and boxed neatly. Aunt Mildred was a neat hoarder. Mom was basically the same, however, not as neat. Point being, they wouldn't throw anything away.

> I think I related the story that when my Mom used to visit Aunt Mildred overnight, (usually once or twice a year) I'd throw out a bunch of stuff. She'd never really get upset, but used to relate to my Aunt, that "Dave is a terrorist, ransacking my house." So, it happened that when she passed, Mom didn't have as much junk as Auntie. Auntie ended up in a nursing home, when she broke her shoulder, I started cleaning up her stuff. I went through boxes and boxes of "stuff", leaving a pile for the trash collector every week. Aunt Mildred, had she come home, would also have been devastated to find her house devoid of all the accumulated junk over the years. I'd think about it, worrying if I was doing her an injustice. Auntie did not come home, and it took an additional 3 years after she passed to settle everything.

> After Auntie passed, I donated 4 huge trash bags of clothes, many never worn, and over 50 good pairs of shoes to charity., along with a bunch of other stuff. Brought a bunch of stuff, costume jewelry, bric a brac, and such, to my place, where it's waiting to be disposed of by someone else, along with stuff we've accumulated over the years.

> Anyhow, not excusing sis's actions, but just relating my personal experience.

>

>

I can understand what you did, but mom and dad were a team, they were alone, a closer bond you would not find, so when he did not have the opportunity to remember in the way he wanted it literally drove him mad, he never fully recovered from it, not long after he was put into a facility because he could not cope with the loss. It seems you thought about what you were doing and realised the consequences, my sister did not. The day after mom passed I phoned and wanted to speak to my father, he came to the phone and started crying as we spoke, my sister came up told him to stop it and grow up then took the phone from him and told me he was not talking for now, that was over 20 years ago, we have not spoken since.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > Helped #1 son move some things from a storage locker at one of these new large storage facilities. Beautiful facility that was institutionally clean with security checks at ever turn it seemed. There were three levels to go through before you had access to your personal locker. The locker was being rented by my DIL's sister and shared by various family members. She's moving today to Toronto so the contents had to be vacated. Turned out to be a three hour job with an hour spent in rush-hour stop-and-go traffic and then hand bombing everything up and down three flights of stairs at his MIL's semi. The MIL moved in the spring from a large two story, but didn't get the memo about downsizing first so has stuff pretty much stacked to the rafters and just added more as the bulk was her deceased husband's belongings. Grief is a strange process for some who just can't let go. I feel for her as she has lost her son, her husband and now her dog in the matter of a few short years. To top it off, she has bought a bit of a project house with lots of issues that need repair. That's a very tough nut when you're all alone even though you have children relatively close by.

> > >

> > > When DWs mother passed she spent two days going through her belongings, remembering when they were purchased and generally having a moment with it all. Gave her peace and she was then able to let go to a greater extent.

> > > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > When my mother passed we were obviously in Australia so the rest of the family looked after my father, my sister who is a mean spirited busy body took dad in for a week and went over to his house and cleaned out every single reminder of my mother, clothes jewellery make up, the lot all went. When dad finally went back home he was devastated as he wanted to do it himself but he was told get over it she is gone. Unfortunately, or fortunately we were not there or she would have suffered, never forgiven her for that and never will.

> >

> > Not to excuse your sister for cleaning out Mom's stuff, but sometimes, it can be therapy in tough times like that to let go of "things." Especially, if the departed was a "collector" of junk. in my case, my mother and aunt saved everything. Threw nothing out. Aunt Mildred was a bigger hoarder than Mom. Egg cartons, meat trays, cottage cheese and plastic milk cartons, all washed and boxed neatly. Aunt Mildred was a neat hoarder. Mom was basically the same, however, not as neat. Point being, they wouldn't throw anything away.

> > I think I related the story that when my Mom used to visit Aunt Mildred overnight, (usually once or twice a year) I'd throw out a bunch of stuff. She'd never really get upset, but used to relate to my Aunt, that "Dave is a terrorist, ransacking my house." So, it happened that when she passed, Mom didn't have as much junk as Auntie. Auntie ended up in a nursing home, when she broke her shoulder, I started cleaning up her stuff. I went through boxes and boxes of "stuff", leaving a pile for the trash collector every week. Aunt Mildred, had she come home, would also have been devastated to find her house devoid of all the accumulated junk over the years. I'd think about it, worrying if I was doing her an injustice. Auntie did not come home, and it took an additional 3 years after she passed to settle everything.

> > After Auntie passed, I donated 4 huge trash bags of clothes, many never worn, and over 50 good pairs of shoes to charity., along with a bunch of other stuff. Brought a bunch of stuff, costume jewelry, bric a brac, and such, to my place, where it's waiting to be disposed of by someone else, along with stuff we've accumulated over the years.

> > Anyhow, not excusing sis's actions, but just relating my personal experience.

> >

> >

>

> I can understand what you did, but mom and dad were a team, they were alone, a closer bond you would not find, so when he did not have the opportunity to remember in the way he wanted it literally drove him mad, he never fully recovered from it, not long after he was put into a facility because he could not cope with the loss. It seems you thought about what you were doing and realised the consequences, my sister did not. The day after mom passed I phoned and wanted to speak to my father, he came to the phone and started crying as we spoke, my sister came up told him to stop it and grow up then took the phone from him and told me he was not talking for now, that was over 20 years ago, we have not spoken since.

Your sister was very hard hearted. I don't blame you for not speaking to her again because what she did although out of good intention one would assume turned out to be extremely cruel.

It's ironic that we were talking about an old neighbour of mine after church this morning. He suffers from early onset alzheimers. His wife wouldn't even let his sister into the house to see him. The Wife had succeeded in cutting him off from most of his friends long before he got ill, so now all he has is her and one wonders how much longer it will be before he is institutionalized? The funny part about all this is how the wife used to complain about being all alone out on the farm and hating the loneliness and now she turns people away...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Son had his consult this morning and has the all clear to use his formerly broken leg, now we will be giving him a hard time and it will be his turn to wait on us.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @Wriggles said:

> > > > @tolmij said:

> > > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > > Helped #1 son move some things from a storage locker at one of these new large storage facilities. Beautiful facility that was institutionally clean with security checks at ever turn it seemed. There were three levels to go through before you had access to your personal locker. The locker was being rented by my DIL's sister and shared by various family members. She's moving today to Toronto so the contents had to be vacated. Turned out to be a three hour job with an hour spent in rush-hour stop-and-go traffic and then hand bombing everything up and down three flights of stairs at his MIL's semi. The MIL moved in the spring from a large two story, but didn't get the memo about downsizing first so has stuff pretty much stacked to the rafters and just added more as the bulk was her deceased husband's belongings. Grief is a strange process for some who just can't let go. I feel for her as she has lost her son, her husband and now her dog in the matter of a few short years. To top it off, she has bought a bit of a project house with lots of issues that need repair. That's a very tough nut when you're all alone even though you have children relatively close by.

> > > >

> > > > When DWs mother passed she spent two days going through her belongings, remembering when they were purchased and generally having a moment with it all. Gave her peace and she was then able to let go to a greater extent.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > When my mother passed we were obviously in Australia so the rest of the family looked after my father, my sister who is a mean spirited busy body took dad in for a week and went over to his house and cleaned out every single reminder of my mother, clothes jewellery make up, the lot all went. When dad finally went back home he was devastated as he wanted to do it himself but he was told get over it she is gone. Unfortunately, or fortunately we were not there or she would have suffered, never forgiven her for that and never will.

> > >

> > > Not to excuse your sister for cleaning out Mom's stuff, but sometimes, it can be therapy in tough times like that to let go of "things." Especially, if the departed was a "collector" of junk. in my case, my mother and aunt saved everything. Threw nothing out. Aunt Mildred was a bigger hoarder than Mom. Egg cartons, meat trays, cottage cheese and plastic milk cartons, all washed and boxed neatly. Aunt Mildred was a neat hoarder. Mom was basically the same, however, not as neat. Point being, they wouldn't throw anything away.

> > > I think I related the story that when my Mom used to visit Aunt Mildred overnight, (usually once or twice a year) I'd throw out a bunch of stuff. She'd never really get upset, but used to relate to my Aunt, that "Dave is a terrorist, ransacking my house." So, it happened that when she passed, Mom didn't have as much junk as Auntie. Auntie ended up in a nursing home, when she broke her shoulder, I started cleaning up her stuff. I went through boxes and boxes of "stuff", leaving a pile for the trash collector every week. Aunt Mildred, had she come home, would also have been devastated to find her house devoid of all the accumulated junk over the years. I'd think about it, worrying if I was doing her an injustice. Auntie did not come home, and it took an additional 3 years after she passed to settle everything.

> > > After Auntie passed, I donated 4 huge trash bags of clothes, many never worn, and over 50 good pairs of shoes to charity., along with a bunch of other stuff. Brought a bunch of stuff, costume jewelry, bric a brac, and such, to my place, where it's waiting to be disposed of by someone else, along with stuff we've accumulated over the years.

> > > Anyhow, not excusing sis's actions, but just relating my personal experience.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I can understand what you did, but mom and dad were a team, they were alone, a closer bond you would not find, so when he did not have the opportunity to remember in the way he wanted it literally drove him mad, he never fully recovered from it, not long after he was put into a facility because he could not cope with the loss. It seems you thought about what you were doing and realised the consequences, my sister did not. The day after mom passed I phoned and wanted to speak to my father, he came to the phone and started crying as we spoke, my sister came up told him to stop it and grow up then took the phone from him and told me he was not talking for now, that was over 20 years ago, we have not spoken since.

>

> Your sister was very hard hearted. I don't blame you for not speaking to her again because what she did although out of good intention one would assume turned out to be extremely cruel.

>

> It's ironic that we were talking about an old neighbour of mine after church this morning. He suffers from early onset alzheimers. His wife wouldn't even let his sister into the house to see him. The Wife had succeeded in cutting him off from most of his friends long before he got ill, so now all he has is her and one wonders how much longer it will be before he is institutionalized? The funny part about all this is how the wife used to complain about being all alone out on the farm and hating the loneliness and now she turns people away...

>

>

She possibly has a bigger problem than her husband, funny how people suddenly stop trusting.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

> Really nice emotional win for Champ at Silverado. Glad he was able to finish it off for his gramps.

I saw that and agree. I liked what his father had to say.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Been reading and keeping up with you guys but not posting. Work, family stuff and golf, are keeping me busy.

Speaking of golf. I have always considered iron play, chipping and putting to be more important than a good drive. Maybe I'm wrong.

Saturday we played a Shambles instead of our normal game. ( 4 man teams, best 2 balls for team score, individual skins)

With the scrambled drive format of a shambles, I never suffered a missed a green on a par 3. I played some holes 40 yds closer than normal for my second shot, and never was O.B., or punching out from the trees. My individual score was +2, six shots better than my lowest of +8, playing real golf. I managed 1 double, 4 bogies, and 4 birdies. Hitting from the short grass, and a few clubs less into the green, made for much easier scoring. So maybe I need to figure out how to gain 40 yards of accurate distance to shoot scores I've only dreamed of?

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> Been reading and keeping up with you guys but not posting. Work, family stuff and golf, are keeping me busy.

> Speaking of golf. I have always considered iron play, chipping and putting to be more important than a good drive. Maybe I'm wrong.

> Saturday we played a Shambles instead of our normal game. ( 4 man teams, best 2 balls for team score, individual skins)

> With the scrambled drive format of a shambles, I never suffered a missed a green on a par 3. I played some holes 40 yds closer than normal for my second shot, and never was O.B., or punching out from the trees. My individual score was +2, six shots better than my lowest of +8, playing real golf. I managed 1 double, 4 bogies, and 4 birdies. Hitting from the short grass, and a few clubs less into the green, made for much easier scoring. So maybe I need to figure out how to gain 40 yards of accurate distance to shoot scores I've only dreamed of?

Watch out Tiger the Bick is back?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

October, and just like that pretty much all of the Grille is back. Does time go faster when you retire or is it just my imagination? Masters ----> FedEx cup was just a few calendar pages in the wind. October ----> New Year's is bound to be the same, guess it's time to throw some thickener in the clock gear grease along with some cold molasses or something...

• Like 2

@SixtySomePing time certainly goes faster if you're busy. To that I can attest.

Played yesterday and unlike our friend Bick, I had the worst game of the season save for the first time out this year. My putting is beyond awful! Finally out of frustration I began to try lefthand low. It felt really wierd, but I managed to make a couple of comebackers or the length that to that point had been unmakeable.

So, I guess for the remainder of the year I'm going to putt lefthand low and try to have a bit of a putt off with my counterbalanced mallet and a SeeMore that has been in the closet for a few years. Why those two? They both have oversized grips and are face-balanced.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Tried a shoulder brace this past few days and it seems to be helping so I will keep it up and hope soon to be back on the course.

Painting is at a stand still for some days as we are cleaning and reorganising the studio, surprising how the garbage creeps up and takes over. DW is in charge as she is the family organiser, definitely has a way of getting things done quickly and efficiently, me I stuff around moving things and never get anywhere.

Son is now fully mobile and ready to start back at work next week, building up strength at present for the long climb from the train station to the office. His company have been really good to him allowing him to work from home, they do video calls and his boss calls him hoppy and hops around when he is in range of the camera, I think he is in for a hard time when he goes back.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> Tried a shoulder brace this past few days and it seems to be helping so I will keep it up and hope soon to be back on the course.

>

> Painting is at a stand still for some days as we are cleaning and reorganising the studio, surprising how the garbage creeps up and takes over. DW is in charge as she is the family organiser, definitely has a way of getting things done quickly and efficiently, **me I stuff around moving things and never get anywhere.**

>

> Son is now fully mobile and ready to start back at work next week, building up strength at present for the long climb from the train station to the office. His company have been really good to him allowing him to work from home, they do video calls and his boss calls him hoppy and hops around when he is in range of the camera, I think he is in for a hard time when he goes back.

Wow can I identify with that! When we moved, I stated in the garage. I would start in one corner and move stuff to the middle of the room or to another corner and just stand there scratching my head. It was always one of those sliding tile puzzles where I moved stuff and moved stuff and moved stuff some more, never very efficiently. The big problem for me was making all those little and big decisions. Thankfully I had Mrs. scotee to keep things moving. She is not a hoarder and can easily throw or give away "stuff".

Glad your son is back on his feet. Take care of that golfing/painting shoulder.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @tolmij said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > Hi all, been away a while due to difficult family circumstances... love the pic of Gabriella, she's quite talented. Even been on stage with Tommy Emmanuel. I like the fact that she plays Taylor's as well, as I'm a big Taylor fan. I'm attaching a pic of my retirement gift to myself which I never mentioned, my brand new Taylor 814 ce DLX...

> > trnz6r65pnwl.jpg

> >

>

> Nice picture Sixty, but who is the handsome man playing that guitar?. Our difficult period is almost over, son has what we hope is his clearance to start walking again on Monday, for the past nine weeks he has been 100% dependant on us and at out tender age it is not easy.

>

> On a related subject I think he has finally realised if he does not take time to find a partner life will eventually be extremely difficult, **anyone out there with a 30 something daughter that would like to come to Australia** please get in touch immediately, passage can be arranged and the wedding can be next week????.

Tol, that was my worst fear. Our oldest daughter moved to Australia for almost a year and got a job as a CPA for a large accounting firm she had worked for in California. She was single and I was sure she would fall in love with a man in Australia, get married and have grandkids that I would never see again. She came home and married her college sweetheart and they gave us 2 of our 6 grandkids. They stayed in Calif. I wish they were closer but it's not as bad as daughter 3 and her 2 grandkids in Memphis and for sure not as bad as Australia. :wink:

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @scotee said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > Hi all, been away a while due to difficult family circumstances... love the pic of Gabriella, she's quite talented. Even been on stage with Tommy Emmanuel. I like the fact that she plays Taylor's as well, as I'm a big Taylor fan. I'm attaching a pic of my retirement gift to myself which I never mentioned, my brand new Taylor 814 ce DLX...

> > > trnz6r65pnwl.jpg

> > >

> >

> > Nice picture Sixty, but who is the handsome man playing that guitar?. Our difficult period is almost over, son has what we hope is his clearance to start walking again on Monday, for the past nine weeks he has been 100% dependant on us and at out tender age it is not easy.

> >

> > On a related subject I think he has finally realised if he does not take time to find a partner life will eventually be extremely difficult, **anyone out there with a 30 something daughter that would like to come to Australia** please get in touch immediately, passage can be arranged and the wedding can be next week????.

>

> Tol, that was my worst fear. Our oldest daughter moved to Australia for almost a year and got a job as a CPA for a large accounting firm she had worked for in California. She was single and I was sure she would fall in love with a man in Australia, get married and have grandkids that I would never see again. She came home and married her college sweetheart and they gave us 2 of our 6 grandkids. They stayed in Calif. I wish they were closer but it's not as bad as daughter 3 and her 2 grandkids in Memphis and for sure not as bad as Australia. :wink:

>

>

Perhaps this injury will be a blessing in disguise as he should now realize how difficult and lonely life will be without a partner. He needs to make the first move rather than trying to set something up. The secret is to be of open mind and willingness to pursue when opportunity knocks. Love is where ever you find it, often times in the most surprising places.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @scotee said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > > Hi all, been away a while due to difficult family circumstances... love the pic of Gabriella, she's quite talented. Even been on stage with Tommy Emmanuel. I like the fact that she plays Taylor's as well, as I'm a big Taylor fan. I'm attaching a pic of my retirement gift to myself which I never mentioned, my brand new Taylor 814 ce DLX...

> > > > trnz6r65pnwl.jpg

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nice picture Sixty, but who is the handsome man playing that guitar?. Our difficult period is almost over, son has what we hope is his clearance to start walking again on Monday, for the past nine weeks he has been 100% dependant on us and at out tender age it is not easy.

> > >

> > > On a related subject I think he has finally realised if he does not take time to find a partner life will eventually be extremely difficult, **anyone out there with a 30 something daughter that would like to come to Australia** please get in touch immediately, passage can be arranged and the wedding can be next week????.

> >

> > Tol, that was my worst fear. Our oldest daughter moved to Australia for almost a year and got a job as a CPA for a large accounting firm she had worked for in California. She was single and I was sure she would fall in love with a man in Australia, get married and have grandkids that I would never see again. She came home and married her college sweetheart and they gave us 2 of our 6 grandkids. They stayed in Calif. I wish they were closer but it's not as bad as daughter 3 and her 2 grandkids in Memphis and for sure not as bad as Australia. :wink:

> >

> >

>

> Perhaps this injury will be a blessing in disguise as he should now realize how difficult and lonely life will be without a partner. He needs to make the first move rather than trying to set something up. The secret is to be of open mind and willingness to pursue when opportunity knocks. Love is where ever you find it, often times in the most surprising places.

"Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you; but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."

Author: Henry Thoreau

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)