Seattle Everett WA Area Courses.

dereckbc

OK time for my vacation in July 12- 17. Looking for decent courses to play north of Seattle. Will be staying in Everett. As usual welcome any local to play along with me.

EDIT NOTE UPDATE

If any locales care to play with a Texan I have reffrerences on this forum I have played with. Last year in Colorado Springs played two rounds at Eisenhower USAF Base both courses and last March on the Sea Air Base on Coronado Island. You can look at my past Post and see the correspondence.

Name is Dereck

Derek,

I have not played in the North end of the Puget Sound for awhile now.

From memory, there were quite a few decent golf courses.

Right in Everett, the muni courses of Legend Memorial and Walter Halls, a bit to the North you have Battle Creek and the Kayak Point. Although like most of the golf courses around here, for the sake of easier maintenance and speed up the pace of play, many of the original design of the golf courses had been removed, like rough and trees and bunkers.....A little more driving north to Skagit County you will have the Eaglemont and Avalon (27 holes ). Some offer all you can play deal during the weekdays.

In the South region in the Pierce county which has a lot more choices and better quality golf.

Love to play golf with you but could not commit. Obligations in life kept the golf in the back seat. I could only sneak out to the golf course once in awhile now..

I'd avoid Kayak Point. I was there a few weeks ago and the greens are a joke. Sadly they have a fungus problem w/ lots of dead burnt out spots on all 18 greens. If I were in that area I'd put Eaglemont, Avalon Golf Links, and Semiahmoo G&CC on your list. They have the best greens and maintenance in the north end.

I played Battle Creek yesterday and it was OK. The fairways are baked out, rock hard in a few spots and the greens were on the slow side.

It's been years since I've played Glen Eagle. If I remember right it's a pretty short course w/ lots of houses all around. I think it was recently sold and bought so hopefully the new owners have invested into it because last I heard the course was letting go of conditions.

TM M1 460 10.5° .::. MRC Tensei CK Blue 6S
Adams XTD Ti 15° .::. Matrix 7Q3 S
TM R15 Black 19° .::. Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1 S (tipped 2")
Bridgestone Airmuscle 2i 19° .::. PX HD2
Tourstage X Blade 709 CB 4i .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Tourstage X Blade 909 Ltd 5-PW .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Bridgestone J15 Black Ox 52°/58° .::. DG Onyx S400
Piretti 'Tour Only' Cortino II w/ Matrix U11-P01 Proto
Piretti 'Cortino LN' Long Neck Tour Ltd
Piretti Teramo CS
Bridgestone *B* Tour 330
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1059465-bpark1210-witb-bridgestone-pic-heavy/page__pid__9832393#entry9832393"]WITB Link[/url]

If I were in that area I'd put Eaglemont, Avalon Golf Links, and Semiahmoo G&CC on your list.

Thanks. Those courses were not on my Radar and surprised me. Using Google Earth to find courses. Did not look that far North. Eaglemont looks doable as it is not to far from Arlington. Avalon and Semiahoo look to be a bit of a drive from Arlington. I do want to spend a day or two down toward Seattle shopping so maybe need to find a course say between Boeing Field (going to the Museum) and Arlington.

Here is a list I found in the immediate area. Any of them worth looking at?

Walter Halls

Cedar Crest

Flowing Lake

Snohomish

Legion Memorial

Harbor Point

Kenwanda

Inglewood

Wayne Public

Jackson Park

Lynwood

If I were in that area I'd put Eaglemont, Avalon Golf Links, and Semiahmoo G&CC on your list.

Thanks. Those courses were not on my Radar and surprised me. Using Google Earth to find courses. Did not look that far North. Eaglemont looks doable as it is not to far from Arlington. Avalon and Semiahoo look to be a bit of a drive from Arlington. I do want to spend a day or two down toward Seattle shopping so maybe need to find a course say between Boeing Field (going to the Museum) and Arlington.

Walter Halls

Cedar Crest

Flowing Lake

Snohomish

Legion Memorial

Harbor Point

Kenwanda

Inglewood

Wayne Public

Jackson Park

Lynwood

It has been several years but I have played all of those courses except for Flowing Lake and Lynnwood. Of the rest, the better courses are Walter Hall, Snohomish and Harbour Pointe. I would put Jackson Park (Seattle) are Legion Memorial (Everett) in the next tier. Inglewood is private.

Avalon is only 30mins from Arlington and except for roadworks, you're not getting any traffic issues going that way. Having 3 nines also makes for an extended day playing :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

+1 on Snohomish...play there regularly and greens are as good as ever. It's a very old course and always in great shape. Eaglemont is spectacular in terms of vistas...it's a very hilly course and carts are mandatory. It has some amazing holes and is pretty fun to play. Avalon is probably the closest to "true northwest golf" as it's fairly tree lined...not as much as Kayak but considering Bparks review I'd skip that. Avalon has the best greens in the immediate area to Arlington...Eaglemont and Snohomish are close second. If your headed south into town and looking to play, Harbour Pointe is your best course along the I-5 corridor by far. I'd avoid Gleneagles, Wayne, Flowing Lake, Kenwanda and Lynnwood like the Zika virus... Walter Hall, Jackson Park, Legion Memorial and Cedarcrest are less than quality munis and play is slow after 10am. I'd play with you if you wanted a partner...my schedule is pretty flexible.

I'll add that Jax Park is in great condition. My buddy just played in the men's club championship and took 1st place. I had a chance to play before last weekend and the greens are the best I've ever seen them for a muni. The Seattle Am is also coming up this 4th of July weekend which adds to the pristine conditioning of all the Seattle Muni's (Jax, West, & Jeffy) right now. Since you'll be flying in the weekend after I'll bet you'll still see some really fast greens.

TM M1 460 10.5° .::. MRC Tensei CK Blue 6S
Adams XTD Ti 15° .::. Matrix 7Q3 S
TM R15 Black 19° .::. Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1 S (tipped 2")
Bridgestone Airmuscle 2i 19° .::. PX HD2
Tourstage X Blade 709 CB 4i .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Tourstage X Blade 909 Ltd 5-PW .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Bridgestone J15 Black Ox 52°/58° .::. DG Onyx S400
Piretti 'Tour Only' Cortino II w/ Matrix U11-P01 Proto
Piretti 'Cortino LN' Long Neck Tour Ltd
Piretti Teramo CS
Bridgestone *B* Tour 330
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1059465-bpark1210-witb-bridgestone-pic-heavy/page__pid__9832393#entry9832393"]WITB Link[/url]

I'd play with you if you wanted a partner...my schedule is pretty flexible.
If you are serious, check your PM. Not as good of a golfer as you with a 12 handicap, but I am by no means SLOW. I do need a cart due to knee issues, but it does not slow me down. Just keeps me from walking or running long distances. My short game is decent. So check your PM for contact info.

THANKS

Anyone else for a Wed-Friday morning round, heck even afternoon, I keep forgetting it is not blazing hot up there. I am from TX.

• 3 weeks later...

Walter Halls

Cedar Crest

Flowing Lake

Snohomish

Legion Memorial

Harbor Point

Kenwanda

Inglewood

Wayne Public

Jackson Park

Lynwood

here's my rank of courses i would play given if i were in your shoes:

1) Harbour Pointe .....little pricey but fun with two distinct nines with distinct holes. greens are usually excellent.

2) Avalon .....driving opposite way from what you want to accomplish but is a worthwhile course to travel to. excellent greens and track.

3) West Seattle GC ..nicest public muni in seattle

4) Snohomish GC ....enjoyable course

5) Jackson Park ....fun little carnival course.....if not then its good location.

• 2 weeks later...

I am traveling to this area in late Aug/early Sep. Is there a reason Echo Falls did not make this list?

We are staying in the mountains in Index...and EF and Snohomish are the two closest for my "escapes"

Trying to fit in 36 at Suncadia...but that would be a long day with the 2 hour drive each way.

Callaway Rogue ST, 10.5, GD Tour AD IZ
Callaway Rogue 4&7 Fairway, GD Tour AD IZ
Srixon U85 4-6, ZX7 7-SW PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX4 60 PX LZ 6.0
Evnroll 5.2 Short Slant
Snell MTB-X Yellow

I am traveling to this area in late Aug/early Sep. Is there a reason Echo Falls did not make this list?

We are staying in the mountains in Index...and EF and Snohomish are the two closest for my "escapes"

Trying to fit in 36 at Suncadia...but that would be a long day with the 2 hour drive each way.

Echo has 16 very mediocre and short holes... And two great ones... Par is like 68 or something, as it has a miltitude of par 3s

Suncadia would be a must for you at your ability...just great courses and experience.

• 2 months later...

Echo has 16 very mediocre and short holes... And two great ones... Par is like 68 or something, as it has a miltitude of par 3s

Suncadia would be a must for you at your ability...just great courses and experience.

I'm curious which two holes are the great ones?

• 4 years later...

I know this thread is old but thought I’d ask. Harbour pointe and Walter Hills are both very close to where I’m staying. 

I gather from previous posts harbour pointe is the one to play. Is there anything else I should consider that easy and quick to get to? Best bang for the buck?

i have one round and does that mean I just play harbour pointe? 

Thanks in advance. 

I think I'm the resident curmudgeon when it comes to Harbour Pointe. It's a fun course, but I've always found it over priced, especially this time of year when conditions are sub optimal. Avalon is ~1 hour drive from where you're at and much better bang for the buck (IMO). If that's a non-started, HP will suffice.

Callaway Epic Speed- 8*

Callaway Rogue 5w

Srixon ZX7 3-PW

Titleist SM9- 50*, 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

Agree with the other guys.  Harbour Pointe is overpriced and pretty soggy this time of the year.  If you can't drive up to Avalon get a time at Legion.

Driver:  Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max / Ventus Blue Velocore

3 Wood: Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max/ Ventus Blue Velocore

Hybrid:  Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid & Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max
Irons:  Ping G525 w/ Axiom 75s
Wedges:  Callaway Jaws Raw 52 & 58
Putter: Evnroll ER5vB
Bag: Vessel 2.0 Stand Bag (Black) & Vessel Lite Stand Bag (White)
Ball: Titleist AVX

Shoe: Nike or Jordans