2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos Γ—

Cheap ($20-$40) Nike Shoes+, Ross and Burlington Coat Factory, NO BST (WTS, WTB, WTT) ALLOWED

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny story...I went back today to grab the 12 from the shelf to help a fellow member.

Β 

I approach the shoe section and there's a guy wearing a TW hat and wearing a TW nike polo. Obviously likes golf and TW products. Anyways, he's looking at the shoes and notices the TW shoe in size 12 and I was like..."uuh oh, no way this dude doesn't buy them".

Β 

In all fairness, I left him alone and let him decide whether he wanted them. (mean time, I bought another stupid pair of nike shorts because they were blue and matched the blue / white Lunar Commands I bought last week) .

Β 

Anyways, once he decided to not buy them, I picked them up. I'm wondering if that guy was a WRXer. Hmmmmmm

Obviously wasn't. ;)

I sold some on here for 45 or 50 shipped i think. I honestly made like 2 dollars i think and I am not complaining. I wasnt attempting to make a profit, just help some people out as someone did for me. Everytime I go to usps it seems to get more and more expensive.... especially for the quality (or lack there of) of service.

yeah the 2 closest USPS offices looks like it has mold from the ceiling panels. dust everywhere, junk everywhere. bare walls, some lights are out. just a complete mess, honestly. it's pretty sad that a government business get this treatment while the folks in Washington (all parties) make tons of money. anyways, that's a topic for another day.

Β 

Β 

If you get funds via paypal (non-gifted), i highly recommend doing all the shipping yourself at home. a few bucks cheaper than going to the store. i've bought a bulk of sticky labels on ebay for about $3 i think, i have a food scale and all you need is some boxes (which are free from USPS) and tape. this is not just for these shoes but everything else golf or anything else you sell elsewhere. walmart also sells small boxes for cheap if you don't want to send out priority mail. i also bought polymer bags to send light stuff out which saves on cost.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

I think mods have a tough job and a thankless one! They do a great job at protecting us. I sold a bunch of LC3 a few weeks ago and quite honestly, it was worth it for me but it was fun to do. I got shoes from members and they got shoes from me at $50. I think it worked out for all of us.

Β 

We can continue to use this threat but blatant BST posts should be omitted. Once again the mods have a thankless job.

Titleist TSi2Β 
Titleist TSI2 3WΒ 
Titleist TS2 Hyrbid
Titleist T200 irons
Vokey SM8 54, 58
Taylormade Spider SX32

yeah the 2 closest USPS offices looks like it has mold from the ceiling panels. dust everywhere, junk everywhere. bare walls, some lights are out. just a complete mess, honestly. it's pretty sad that a government business get this treatment while the folks in Washington (all parties) make tons of money. anyways, that's a topic for another day.

Β 

Β 

If you get funds via paypal (non-gifted), i highly recommend doing all the shipping yourself at home. a few bucks cheaper than going to the store. i've bought a bulk of sticky labels on ebay for about $3 i think, i have a food scale and all you need is some boxes (which are free from USPS) and tape. this is not just for these shoes but everything else golf or anything else you sell elsewhere. walmart also sells small boxes for cheap if you don't want to send out priority mail. i also bought polymer bags to send light stuff out which saves on cost.

Β 

I agree. I just have them pick it up at my house....So much easier than going to the P.O.

G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
G30 5W - Ping Tour X
MP 5 - TI X100
Vokey 50/54/58
DJ Spider Ltd

I am so pumped! I found the B/W LC3 at Burlington last night. These were the ones I originally wanted when I found the W/Volt. I now have W/B & W/Volt LC3 and W/Blue Lunar Command for a total of $75 and some change. Unreal! Got my friends in to this deal and everyone is happy! Thanks to the OP for starting this way back before the lock down.

Β 

-kris

I've sold about 4 pairs to members on this thread for $60. And every time, the buyer emailed me back saying "shoes received, thank you SO much!!!"

I think the $5 or so I made on those transactions justifies the time spent in the combined hellholes of Ross/BCF and the post office.

But, like everyone else has said...I won't bother selling anymore.

I think the beef with "charging for the effort" is the guys that go out on their own looking for as many shoes as possible and then they were just listing every shoe, size, and color on the old thread that they bought. THOSE situations are what I feel is not 100% kosher. You were already planning on going in that instance, IMO. If someone specifically asks you if you could make a trip, that is different. Example: you make 1 trip to Ross and purchase 4 pair, but are building in a "trip charge" to each pair. You made 1 trip, not 4 trips. If you are just blindly going to stores to look for as many pair as you can find, you deserve to eat the travel cost IMO.

Β 

The other part of that argument is the guy has to carry 5-6 pairs of shoe through store and then has to buy them. So his money is on hold. It's not a big deal for most people but paying $300-400 to hold shoes for other members isn't just a stroll in the park. I was on the hunt for two sizes one for me and one for my bro. I was only toting around 5-6 pairs and it was a PITA. For those that have never been to either of these stores it's not the most fun in the world to be at. Don't even get me started on the PO.

Β 

The funny thing is that I made more money on eBay than what I was selling them for here trying to hook people up. It's all good tho. As long as people on here are getting great shoes I'm all for it

Β 

BTW LC3s are by far the best shoes I've ever worn on the course

Β 

But you made the conscious decision to do that. You knew you could be holding on to the shoes for a while and your money is tied up. I agree, it's all kind of water under the bridge at this point bc it's a good deal even at $60 or whatever. Just trying to show another point of view.

Β 

I think I'm just not going to help anyone out on here anymore. It seems like it's more trouble than it's worth. They've made it so they can't be sold, that's fine, it's their site. Now we're being told we should be ashamed for selling a pair of $150 shoes for $5 more than what we got them for.

Β 

And a counterpoint is that some people did drive all over town multiple trips to get these shoes. I can't keep track of which shoe deserves a trip charge or not. The only reason I even bought all of them was because I knew there were a bunch of people in the previous thread running around town coming up empty handed. I thought that wasn't cool so I wanted to get them some shoes. I made some trips and didn't come out with any shoes. Are these guys obligated to pay my trip fee since I came up empty handed? Of course not!

Β 

In previous threads like this, I'd just go get all the 9.5s or 10.5s and I'd be out and not worry about anyone else. I only went hunting because two people on here shraedser (or whatever the hell his name is lol) and Tandaman hooked me up. I felt it was only right to help someone else out.

Β 

When you are factoring in all your costs, you are now conducting a business transaction. Which, once again, violates the spirit of the BST. You want to "hook people up," be my guest. But complaining that you can't offer them for sale here isn't going to get any sympathy from anyone here. If you are proactively buying pairs in different sizes that you don't wear, I don't think personal use applies. If you can't be bothered to try them on and have to sell them because they "didn't fit," then you are just foolish for buying 4-5 pairs, even if they are in your size.

Β 

I'm sorry, but your wonderful altruism of bulk buying deals to "hook people up" just doesn't hold water. I don't have any sympathy because your "money is on hold" as these are business decisions.

Mizuno ST200G 9Β° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TXΒ  Β 
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13Β° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5Β° bent to 17Β° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21Β° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25Β° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1xΒ 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1xΒ 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F /Β Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

I think the beef with "charging for the effort" is the guys that go out on their own looking for as many shoes as possible and then they were just listing every shoe, size, and color on the old thread that they bought. THOSE situations are what I feel is not 100% kosher. You were already planning on going in that instance, IMO. If someone specifically asks you if you could make a trip, that is different. Example: you make 1 trip to Ross and purchase 4 pair, but are building in a "trip charge" to each pair. You made 1 trip, not 4 trips. If you are just blindly going to stores to look for as many pair as you can find, you deserve to eat the travel cost IMO.

Β 

The other part of that argument is the guy has to carry 5-6 pairs of shoe through store and then has to buy them. So his money is on hold. It's not a big deal for most people but paying $300-400 to hold shoes for other members isn't just a stroll in the park. I was on the hunt for two sizes one for me and one for my bro. I was only toting around 5-6 pairs and it was a PITA. For those that have never been to either of these stores it's not the most fun in the world to be at. Don't even get me started on the PO.

Β 

The funny thing is that I made more money on eBay than what I was selling them for here trying to hook people up. It's all good tho. As long as people on here are getting great shoes I'm all for it

Β 

Β 

But you made the conscious decision to do that. You knew you could be holding on to the shoes for a while and your money is tied up. I agree, it's all kind of water under the bridge at this point bc it's a good deal even at $60 or whatever. Just trying to show another point of view.

Β 

I think I'm just not going to help anyone out on here anymore. It seems like it's more trouble than it's worth. They've made it so they can't be sold, that's fine, it's their site. Now we're being told we should be ashamed for selling a pair of $150 shoes for $5 more than what we got them for.

Β 

And a counterpoint is that some people did drive all over town multiple trips to get these shoes. I can't keep track of which shoe deserves a trip charge or not. The only reason I even bought all of them was because I knew there were a bunch of people in the previous thread running around town coming up empty handed. I thought that wasn't cool so I wanted to get them some shoes. I made some trips and didn't come out with any shoes. Are these guys obligated to pay my trip fee since I came up empty handed? Of course not!

Β 

In previous threads like this, I'd just go get all the 9.5s or 10.5s and I'd be out and not worry about anyone else. I only went hunting because two people on here shraedser (or whatever the hell his name is lol) and Tandaman hooked me up. I felt it was only right to help someone else out.

Β 

When you are factoring in all your costs, you are now conducting a business transaction. Which, once again, violates the spirit of the BST. You want to "hook people up," be my guest. But complaining that you can't offer them for sale here isn't going to get any sympathy from anyone here. If you are proactively buying pairs in different sizes that you don't wear, I don't think personal use applies. If you can't be bothered to try them on and have to sell them because they "didn't fit," then you are just foolish for buying 4-5 pairs, even if they are in your size.

Β 

I'm sorry, but your wonderful altruism of bulk buying deals to "hook people up" just doesn't hold water. I don't have any sympathy because your "money is on hold" as these are business decisions.

Β 

I'm not sure he is looking for sympathy. I appreciate the folks picking up different sizes given how for a lot of us, we haven't been able to find our own sizes. I have yet to see my own size anywhere, but I've picked up a couple of pairs I have seen in hopes of trading with someone who has seen my size.

I sold some on here for 45 or 50 shipped i think. I honestly made like 2 dollars i think and I am not complaining. I wasnt attempting to make a profit, just help some people out as someone did for me. Everytime I go to usps it seems to get more and more expensive.... especially for the quality (or lack there of) of service.

Β 

I'm kind of the same way. I found myself a few pairs and saw the guys here that couldn't find him. Not sure why it is so hard for some to believe that we would help each other out. Guys have done it for me here in the past and it isn't going to kill me to make or lose $5 on a deal. I understand the site's policy on "bulk" I guess, but they you have to start questioning every guy that lists shirts in 4 different sizes with tags on them. Then every guy with different brands of balls or shafts ranging from senior to x flex. In the end, I"m fine just helping guys that post in the WTB section or craigslist, but to a lot of us here, golfers helping golfers is what this site used to be a little more about.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Not looking for sympathy. The rules are the rules. We can't sell. I understand. But people on here were trying to make it seem like we were the bad guys. We weren't. We were just getting shoes for other members. It's like we got the ticket...and the lecture! I don't even care if a guy says thank you after they get the shoes.

Β 

I don't understand how you deduced since I bought a bunch of shoes I'm automatically an evil seller with bad intentions? Whether you think my (or other) intentions were good or not is irrelevant. We sold $30 shoes for $50. The numbers don't lie, we made maybe $2 on each shoe. If it is a business decision it's a horrible one. Spending $48 to make $2 is not worth it.

Β 

I understand that people hate flippers or whatever. It's just that the best way to stop flippers is to... ... ...stop buying from them! If I don't likes seller or he/she pisses me off I won't buy from them no matter how good the deal. Somebody else will, but not me.

Β 

By preventing sales of shoes it doesn't hurt the flipper (which I assume is the motive) it hurts the member that wants a quality pair of shoes at a good price. While I disagree, it's not worth arguing over. I just think that grown men/women do not need to be protected from what they spend the money they earned on. It's their money.

I bought a pair of Waverly's and LC3 for myself. I normally wear wides, so I sized up and they are still too small. If I list these 2 on the BST for $50-55, will that get pulled? I wouldn't consider it bulk selling and I would have preferred to keep them if they fit.

Β 

Thanks in advance

Β 

Personally, I don't think they will or should be pulled but there are other people who interpreted the mod's comment differently. The only way to know for sure is post it and see what happens.

update for the buffalo guys, Cheektowaga BCF has green/white Dunks in 9.5 (awesome shoes), white/blue LC3 in 9.5 and 10, white LC3 in 9.5 and 10, and olive green waverly in 9.5. Doesn't look like the stock has changed much in the past few days.

Β 

Was that at Ross? Really hoping the one here gets some Dunks if so.

update for the buffalo guys, Cheektowaga BCF has green/white Dunks in 9.5 (awesome shoes), white/blue LC3 in 9.5 and 10, white LC3 in 9.5 and 10, and olive green waverly in 9.5. Doesn't look like the stock has changed much in the past few days.

Β 

Β 

There were a few dunks at the Ross I was at but they were like $50. Also they had a bunch of Nike SB as well as those janowskis or whatever they're called.

Β 

Β 

There were a few dunks at the Ross I was at but they were like $50. Also they had a bunch of Nike SB as well as those janowskis or whatever they're called.

Β 

Dunk golf shoes, or just regular ones?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

the ones I saw were the golf shoes, green swoosh on white and black with green stitching, 39.99. I'd post a stock photo but I don't know how. also picked up a pair of Koston's, just the plain shoe though no golf spikes, also 39.99.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

the ones I saw were the golf shoes, green swoosh on white and black with green stitching, 39.99. I'd post a stock photo but I don't know how. also picked up a pair of Koston's, just the plain shoe though no golf spikes, also 39.99.

Β 

I'm actually wearing a pair of Kostons I got there right meow.